It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

what, no BBQ

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

what, no BBQ

there isn't a Krispy Kreme for a 2 hour drive.

but amazing bbq right out the back door.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I had no idea this thread existed until a few minutes ago. I mean, I'm sure someone told me it was here, but I never checked it out.

That's all. I don't have an idea right now... just sharing my epiphany.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A little birdie told me some of you would like the writers of ATS to get involved here?

Provide a little inspiration both ways?

I like the idea. Pretty sure DTOM and I will come up with something you'll all enjoy.

Although I'm in favor of leaving the theme up to the membership as always

~tenth

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sounds like fun. We did a test here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can just see those stories with associated artwork bringing the talented together.

P

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by cody599

That's a right nice Coat of Arms cody!!!!

Thanks, I just inherited it but display it proudly.

I'm loving this idea of art to go with stories

As A heads up a member did get in touch with me about doing art for his/her book covers, I suggested that he/she make a competition of it so we all get to play, I'll let you all know when/if it comes to fruition.

Could be fun, the prize ........................ The winner gets to see their art in print.

P I do believe you may know something about it as well.

Cody

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

As A heads up a member did get in touch with me about doing art for his/her book covers, I suggested that he/she make a competition of it so we all get to play, I'll let you all know when/if it comes to fruition. Could be fun, the prize ........................ The winner gets to see their art in print. P I do believe you may know something about it as well. Cody

Yes .... but there is an unfortunate problem with it. I speak from experience.

If that member puts it up here, it will get deleted as 'off topic'

If the member starts a new thread, it may get 404ed as (loosely) 'deriving profit'

I do mine off site with the help of really cool members.

I would LOVE to see the mods try and find a way to allow it cause, well, it is so cool, for the writer and as you say, Cody, for the artist as well. Believe me, no one is making a living off E-books and every struggling artist of any type needs a helping hand.

There must be a way, God, it would be great, some of the book covers out there are just rubbish.

As BFFT says, we are here to have fun.

If mods wish to try to develop a T&C compliant methodology, I would like to make an initial submission.

ETA Perhaps the help could be given as consolation prizes for those that submit stories
Ya all didn't win, but ya get a go at book cover ye haw!

ETA2 Yes, there are problems, but they can be overcome with consideration.

P

edit on 9/4/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by cody599

As A heads up a member did get in touch with me about doing art for his/her book covers, I suggested that he/she make a competition of it so we all get to play, I'll let you all know when/if it comes to fruition. Could be fun, the prize ........................ The winner gets to see their art in print. P I do believe you may know something about it as well. Cody

Yes .... but there is an unfortunate problem with it. I speak from experience.

If that member puts it up here, it will get deleted as 'off topic'

If the member starts a new thread, it may get 404ed as (loosely) 'deriving profit'

I do mine off site with the help of really cool members.

I would LOVE to see the mods try and find a way to allow it cause, well, it is so cool, for the writer and as you say, Cody, for the artist as well. Believe me, no one is making a living off E-books and every struggling artist of any type needs a helping hand.

There must be a way, God, it would be great, some of the book covers out there are just rubbish.

As BFFT says, we are here to have fun.

If mods wish to try to develop a T&C compliant methodology, I would like to make an initial submission.

ETA Perhaps the help could be given as consolation prizes for those that submit stories
Ya all didn't win, but ya get a go at book cover ye haw!

ETA2 Yes, there are problems, but they can be overcome with consideration.

P

P Would you mind if I copy and paste that in the

Board Business & Questions forum ?

Maybe a mod could give us an idea if there is a way to do this ?

Cody

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

reply to post by cody599

reply to post by pheonix358

The Member Art forum is for members to have fun.

The only contests allowed are the staff sponsored ones.
Posts/threads that run afoul of the T&C will get removed.

edit on Wed Apr 9 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Thanks for the info DTOM

As this isn't for profit, would you ask the staff if maybe one would be prepared to sponsor this one ?

If not I can understand why, just trying to help out a fellow member, no offence was meant hence the questions being asked.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Cody

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So ...... if I read that correctly.

If a member starts a new thread that asks, "Would someone like to have fun creating a book cover?" and then describes what they have in mind, perhaps a few paragraphs from the book, ........ are we in the clear?

Thanks in advance DTOM

ETA, there are still some wider issues on this trying to see it from multiple perspectives. If DTOM comes back with a positive indication I can use U2U to iron out the bugs as it were.

P

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

No, if you are masking a contest...and also circumventing the T&C, then no it isn't going to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

OK, thanks. Always good to know!

P

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I tried to find but couldn't. A meme of a couple of Aliens holding up the Mars rover and taking some selfies...I want one.

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is the first I've heard about this book cover business... Submit a request, filed in triplicate, blue ink on green paper and well get the T3 reports done on it by 2042.

Seriously though, just ask me and tell me what the deal is (books for sale will be tough however) and I imagine we can figure it out.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Springer
This is the first I've heard about this book cover business... Submit a request, filed in triplicate, blue ink on green paper and well get the T3 reports done on it by 2042.

Seriously though, just ask me and tell me what the deal is (books for sale will be tough however) and I imagine we can figure it out.

Springer.................... You sir are a star, many thanks

I'll shoot you a u2u later telling you the original request and the ideas that followed, hopefully we can sort something out to help fellow members.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply

Cody

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Springer

Springer, you have mail!

My thanks for considering this, it is very much appreciated.

P

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join