It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's advises its employees to stay away from fast food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't believe this...Has McDonald's learned the error of its own ways? I try to avoid fast food as it is but when a fast food restaraunt as big as Mickey D's warns its own employees to avoid fast food, it really tells you something.

What say you, ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They certainly should know.

second

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I love those moments when life becomes a satire of itself. If you saw this in a movie, you'd probably say, "yeah, sure... c'mon, get real!"
It's a good day that starts with a laugh, even if it's a twisted one. Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Your link doesn't work for me, no page found etc.

Cheers and happy holidays

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

lostbook
I don't believe this...Has McDonald's learned the error of its own ways? I try to avoid fast food as it is but when a fast food restaraunt as big as Mickey D's warns its own employees to avoid fast food, it really tells you something.

What say you, ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

It's a common idea that fast food is bad for you. McDonald's knows that the food they're producing isn't healthy and actually does the opposite. I like to eat fast food from time-to-time because I enjoy it. Just like cigarettes or booze, I know it'll kill me one day but it doesn't stop me from doing it.

Regards,

Stock Loc

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I just came across this and thought I'd add another source for more context.

McDonald's doesn't think its employees should eat the food they serve.

The fast food giant has advised employees to avoid meals with burgers and fries and to eat healthier options like salad and sandwiches.

The advice was dispensed on the now-infamous McResource Line, the employees-only website that has told workers to sell their things and get second jobs to make ends meet.

Well, who are we mere mortals to question the wisdom of McDonalds Corporate? My goodness... I believe they speak the Gospel Truth! We need to follow this serious and very helpful advice.

The advice is given with graphics depicting the ‘unhealthy choice’ and the ‘healthier choice.’ McDonald’s own food is in the former column.

Despite featuring a vast array of deep fried delicacies, the Golden Arches reminds employees that ‘avoiding items that are deep fried are your best bet.’
Source

In fairness..I haven't had more than a couple orders of fries as circumstances were odd for it coming together in more than 2 years. I feel better and am happier for the lack of sludge in my blood too.

This isn't just opinion of someone like me tho. Who am I? This is from McDonalds themselves! My goodness..

* With fair thought to the over litigious world we exist in...I hasten to note, the above is entirely my own opinion and not that of the site, TAN, The United States, United Nations or human species as a whole ..lest anyone think of suing for an honest opinion.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Mr.Rabbit, I was doubting the comment came from there own mouth a little I admit.

We eat there and other fast food all to often in my house, a trend we will try to curb in the new year I I have any say.

I had a fairly good opinion of rotten ronnies now after seeing this I'm not so sure.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

lostbook

What say you, ATS?

news.yahoo.com...
. It's not fast food, it's slow poison.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There is something really wrong when a person need to get food stamps from the government to pay for to low wages. A normal day in the US?
edit on 24-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I do like the food though cuz on my lunch break it's fast and cheap. But I also love salad and if they had one available for two dollars that was filling, I'd be all over it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They're probably saying that so they won't get sued for not saying it.

Always remember--coffee is normally served hot.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

"Don't eat McDonalds food", truer words were never spoken --- by McDonalds.

Did you know the original McDonald's were brothers who owned a restaurant. Ray Kroc was selling milk shake machines or something, and he happened upon their restaurant, saw some of their cooking and product placement techniques, an franchised it, eventually making the McDonald boys millionaires and himself the honcho. He was around 55 years old when he first did this, and had been mainly a salesman up to that point living in his childhood town of Oak Park, Illinois. A nobody to the father of fast food within a few years, and his innovations have been harming the health of his customers ever since.

new topics

top topics

join