It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? A

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Go to the link on page one to see.
It says that in addition to his tongue, muscles underneath it were removed. Not likely that he bit those off.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Astr0

But the cold doesn't explain all the injuries.

youtu.be...

edit on 103131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Stormdancer777 - If those autopsy photos in that footage are of the bodies involved, I personally will say here and now 'Oh. My. Goodness. Me'

I would then recant everything I said because those images I have never personally seen before and thus would of looked at this event from an entirely differing perspective.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow.. Talk about quite a story! Nothing here makes sense. Not a darn thing.... The OP story gives part.. The "Autopsy" link which basically says "Nothing to see here...normal in every way..move along now" fails to explain what has kept locals, investigators and the curious all on this for over 50 years. It also says nothing to why the Russians felt compelled to close all access to the area for 3 years after this happened?

I went off in search of more..and I think I found more mystery. The St Petersburg Times ran a very extensive story on this in 2008 that runs 5 pages long. Quite a bit there is referenced that I didn't catch the other two mentioning. I have NO personal guesses here..because every guess I come up with, I find more evidence which says that can't have happened ...for how nothing is consistent with the "usual suspects".

Some things from the article though, to save everyone the 5 pages to find the items?

- Some of the events were reconstructed by Photographs developed from film found at the scene, as well as diaries of the victims.

- First discovery showed the tent half torn down and partially buried in snow. This taken for the article which quotes from a direct phone interview with one of the living members of the rescue party.

- Despite guesses of avalanche (partial perhaps?) they found clear, easily recognized footprints (8-9 sets) moving away from the tent in 3 feet of snow, clear enough to use as an identification method to who was wearing or not wearing what footwear in making them

- The bodies found 4 months later, including the one with a missing tongue were under 16+ feet of snow and despite massive internal injuries? Showed no external or soft tissue injuries. These were the worst of the damaged bodies, apparently. "It was equal to the effect of a car crash" as one doctor was quoted as saying.

- Bright flying spheres were reported in this and the preceding month. That includes a report from a group of other hikers at a camp 50 kilometers South of where these people were killed that same night.

Here is where the Russian news story gets wild....

- At least 5 of the victims had a very noticeable tanning to their faces. From someone who attended the funerals "I attended the funerals of the first five victims and remember that their faces looked liked they had a deep brown tan" - Yuri Kuntsevich / Head of the Yekaterinburg-Based Dyatlov Foundation

- Despite one witness to events saying there were boxes with internal organs clearly marked and shipping for testing? The same person claims no records exist for those organs as separate items or results?

- An Expedition in 2007 (going by article date) examined the area closely to identify and catalog every item to a victim. Among items they COULD NOT match to a known victim are "a piece of cloth that looked like it had come from a soldier's coat", eye glasses, a pair of skis and a piece of a ski. (No definitive statement on age being determined for absolute connection, BTW)

Finally, I'm curious on something ....... The tongue and eyes were gone from bodies described as having no external injuries. No soft tissue injuries. They died in -30c/-22f standing temperatures. According to my NWS charts, a light breeze brings frost bite within 5 minutes at that temp. They KNOW these people walked a good distance. One set of bodies found between the tree and the camp showed them RETURNING to camp by the arrangement of the dead. Why return? Why leave the sputtering fire evidence was found of at the tree site?

...I'd encourage anyone curious to check out the Full Article.

* One final question to anyone? I could SWEAR I have heard a story about a military training unit meeting a very similar fate for mysterious injuries that were there....while ones that would be expected to go along with them, weren't. Anyone else recall that? I believe it was in North America somewhere.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I didnt know some had gone back, I guess they were trying to salvage some things? Why split up? This is why Im on this site for things like this.

Its so strange. Do you think maybe on of the group had a mental break down? My personal opinion is that they seen a UFO. The UFO probably kicked some snow off of where they were staying, they wake and see the light, and freak. Then rip out of the tent. Try to hide from it.

The chest injuries, tell me maybe they were picked up by it? Then maybe slammed into the ground by it? That could explaine why that persons tounge and eyes are missing, just like the cattle mutilations.

If thier faces were tanned like that, it could have been from the UFO, that could have could have done that. Just like in close encounters of the third kind movie?
edit on 26-12-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

watchitburn
It could also be simply explained by an avalanche, they are good for breaking bones.

Animals like to eat eyes and lips.

And people dying of hypothermia tend to experience a feeling of being warm, which could explain some of the naked people.
Just something to think about, the simplest explanations are usually the correct ones.

Yes...This happens^^^
People get so cold that their brains get confused and tell them that it's very hot...they take their clothes off seeking relief.
In fact...mental acuity decreases dramatically with hypothermia...the victims could have become violent with each other...or...a victim could have died before anyone else of hypothermia and the others may have eaten parts of her.
Avalanche does seem to fit best in the case of the broken bones.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

Here is my study I did on this incident. I posted it on another site before coming here. This is what I wrote.

This is an incident that happend on Mt. Otorten in Russias Ural Mountains. Many can take this case to the UFO/Alien Encounter vault or perhaps maybe the alma? Who knows, but here is what went down for these 9 very experienced skiers/hikers that unfortunately never made it home and had horrific deaths. They started their hike and on their 4th night out on the expedition they were forced due to weather to camp on a mountain known as the Mountain of the Dead. I know what you are thinking right now... Who the hell would honestly want to stay the night on a mountain named after the dead by locals.... Not this guy....

Ten days went by after that night. They never showed up to their destination. This involved the military hunting them down. First question I would ask myself is if people do believe in phenomenom like this why would assume that they are benevolent beings. There is no doubt in my own mind that these beings that did this are absolutely demonic or malevolent in nature. An absolute distaste for human life. This is some wicked stuff we are dealing with here. You will soon find.

The hikers camp is found and the tent is utterly destroyed from the inside out. But that isn't the only thing thats going to be broken from the inside out on that night. Something scared these poor hikers bad enough to flee the tent without boots. Investigators at the scene say the tent was cut with knives to get out quickly. So to me that is odd. Something scared these experienced hikers enough to cut through this tent and run out into a freezing cold night with nothing but socks and some clothes on. No animal or human tracks were scene anywhere except left by these poor souls. Why is it in 2 months of these bodies sitting out in negative 20-40 degrees faranheit do they look more decayed and ruined than a mammoth that has been frozen for thousands of years?

The hikers were found right outside a wood line and they look mutilated. "Come, Watson, come! The game is afoot. Not a word! Into your clothes and come!" Lets look at the facts.

1.) Some had radiation poisening?!

2.) One had a missing tongue?!

3.) No eyes?!

4.) Orange skin!?

5.) Prematurely aged?! GRAY HAIR ON A BUNCH OF 20-37 YEAR OLD PEOPLE!

6.) Crushed bones causing them to fragment into ones heart!?! wait wait whaat?!! no open skin wound on this one making it so the bones almost burst from the inside?!?!

7.)Microwaved bodies, fried shriveled insides, probably why there werent eyes..

Officially this went down as a hypothermia case..... The poop people will believe. The chief investigator absolutely refused to sign off on hypothermia being the cause of death on the report and instead resigned his position. One of the investigators was even taken out of the case because he was too thorough.

In the end all of deceased were buried in zinc coffins. I am willing to bet they were actually lead to help with the radiation. The case had been changed from death from exposure to a murder case and remains there to this day.

On the night of the hikers deaths locals remember seeing UFO's that were emitting a bright orange light flying around.

The area was barred off later for 3 years not allowing skiers and hikers to go near there.

These are the hikers names. There was a tenth one, but he left the first day in due to being ill.

1.Igor Alekseievich Dyatlov (Игорь Алексеевич Дятлов), the group's leader, born January 13, 1936
2.Zinaida Alekseevna Kolmogorova (Зинаида Алексеевна Колмогорова), born January 12, 1937
3.Ludmila Alexandrovna Dubinina (Людмила Александровна Дубинина), born May 12, 1938
4.Alexander Sergeievich Kolevatov (Александр Сергеевич Колеватов), born November 16, 1934
5.Rustem Vladimirovich Slobodin (Рустем Владимирович Слободин), born January 11, 1936
6.Yuri (Georgiy) Alexeievich Krivonischenko (Юрий (Георгий) Алексеевич Кривонищенко), born February 7, 1935
7.Yuri Nikolaievich Doroshenko (Юрий Николаевич Дорошенко), born January 29, 1938
8.Nicolai Vladimirovich Thibeaux-Brignolles (Николай Владимирович Тибо-Бриньоль), born July 5, 1935
9.Semyon (Alexander) Alexandrovich Zolotariov (Семен (Александр) Александрович Золотарёв), born February 2, 1921

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Most of their clothes were found in the tent.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Astr0
Folks - a note: none of the groups cameras went missing nor did diaries. We know this because in the investigation films from them were developed and words read.

That's not what I have read. There was a third camera that I believe the military guy had quietly kept, it was found around his neck. You can see it on him in the pictures of his recovered body. Now of all the things you would grab and take with you in that situation, why a camera? I also believe that only two of the three camera's was ever recovered.

Additionally there was a private diary which one of them was keeping, and its mentioned in the group event log, which was never recovered.

Astr0
The cold killed every single one of them.

Go read the autopsy report, the people in the last group of four, didn't die of exposure, they succumbed to injuries. This group was the best dressed and had removed gear from others who had already died. They had built something of a shelter, and even moved in cedar branches. They had multiple layers of clothing on to the point that some had them unbuttoned because they were too warm.

Other interesting things:
1)Two of the men had damage to their hands like they had been in a fist fight.
2)One had bit off the skin from the back of his hand.
3)They had blunt force trauma that left little busing, but no broken limbs. If you fall, you normally put your hands out to protect your head, and you end up with broken limbs protecting your head.
4)One man had “gray foam” on his cheek, which the med examiner stated was similarly seen in interrogation victims where pressure was put on their chest to make it hard to breath. Similar to “water-boarding”.

The people missing their “soft tissue” were the ones that remained buried the longest, from what I have read those injuries could be due to micro-flora eating the skin tissue, aka natural breaking down of soft tissue due to decomposition.

The guy who gave the fake names was like Mr “billy-bob bad ass”. This guy had actually received 6 months of military training before becoming a combat engineer (a suicide job), then made it through 6 years of fighting on the front lines. Most Russians didn't receive ANY military training let alone 6 months worth. Combat engineers had a very short lifespan (think: guys who hit the beach at Normandy first to clear the barbed wire in front of the machine gun nests), and were given steel steel chestplates because their attrition rate was so high (the Russians usually didn't give out any equipment, they would give one of every two soldiers a gun and tell them to pick up a weapon off a dead person). Not only that, but he received 4 decorations, which was very rare.

Another one of these guys was working in the Russian Nuclear program, and they were all students in technical fields. IMHO, I again think the version that best fits is that the guy from the Nuclear program was tapped and asked to “drop” dusted clothing off to a CIA informant. The guy with the fake name was his handler. Something went wrong, and the people they were to meet got compromised, made everyone remove their boots and head out into the frozen wastes while they riffled any evidence from the scene. When these guys actually built a shelter and started fighting to survive rather then die, they were physically attacked and killed.
edit on 12/26/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
It also says nothing to why the Russians felt compelled to close all access to the area for 3 years after this happened?

They claim that it wasn't closed, it was only closed to people who didn't have enough skill in trekking logged with their sports groups. Supposedly the government said that the cost of recovery was so high that they didn't want to have to repeat the process again.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Did you see the pictures of the tent in the YouTube?

I'm not saying the infrasound theory is right, as it could be many other things, but I think some people in this thread are a little too quick to dismiss the idea. It's best to keep an open mind. One misunderstanding I see here is that people keep referring to it as sound. It's infrasound, not sound. If you've never experienced it, you don't know what it can do. There are weapons made using sound, so it can have severe effects.

Is there any radiation involved in infrasound?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

mysteriousuniverse.org...
I believe they are authentic, shiver, terrifying, don't research this before going to bed.

I have seen the orbs myself which makes this so interesting,

I also looked into local indigenous folk lore,of the Mansi, now they are some fascinating people as well .

edit on 023131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
Is there any radiation involved in infrasound?

the radiation was on one persons clothing, that clothing changed hands to another person after the first died. The person with the “dust” on their clothes had worked in the nuclear program, and the type of radiation was not what you would get from a weapon. Additionally, the guy was arrested twice on that trip over minor infractions, maybe as an excuse to give him the clothing. Again, this seems to fit the story that the “doped” clothing was to be passed off to an intel informant, then find its way back to a CIA lab in the US. Simply trading a doped coat with another hiker you “randomly” met on the trail and was a CIA contact, for example. That's why it was funny that the government seemed to know that the clothes were doped, and showed up with a geiger counter to search for the bodies. Obviously they sent the military and that type of equipment, because they already knew what had most likely transpired.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

What is your take on the mans hands said to look like raw meat from trying to climb a tree?

And the missing limbs on the trees surrounding the tent I believe.

I still don't think all of this explains the the violent injuries. But your post are very insightful.
TY

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Its so strange. Do you think maybe on of the group had a mental break down? My personal opinion is that they seen a UFO. The UFO probably kicked some snow off of where they were staying, they wake and see the light, and freak. Then rip out of the tent. Try to hide from it.

I have no idea and it's why this is such a boggle to me. We have some injuries that seem to make sense for them going nuts ...but then, some don't. No signs on anyone, anywhere of conflict between them to have caused outward signs. No fighting or killing each other that is reported. Still, look at the separation of the bodies? 3 distinct groups who were obviously caught up in 3 distinctly different activities in isolation from one another.

The other odd thing? The guy with the burns. Charring on his socked foot and upside the head? How did that come about? My imagination has trouble there... I first thought maybe that supported a partial avalanche which collapsed and partially buried the tent. I could see them going ass over tea kettle inside and if a small fire had been going? Well...inside tho? What IS normal for backwoods survival camping at -30 degrees celsius? He could have been the one picking branches and fallen ONTO the little fire below ...? I even thought about someone hitting him upside the head with a burning log or something as a REAL stretch ..but then we're back to no signs of physical conflict.

See what I mean? Evidence all works so nicely ..until you hit pieces that absolutely don't fit. Every path I take for mental musing on this hits that same wall of "Nope!" at some point.

I guess that's why this long after, we still have folks coming up with wild theories like sound. Hey, why not? Nothing else fits everything well enough to call a solution.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

and the type of radiation was not what you would get from a weapon

So then why do you think the CIA would have been interested in it, is radiation from an asteroid different then weapon radiation?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Astr0

But the cold doesn't explain all the injuries.

youtu.be...

edit on 103131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Contrary to this video, the autopsy reports mention numerous external wound and bruising on all of them.
as far as premature aging which is not mentioned or unusual color, how many people know what a body looks like after months of being frozen? Maybe these ideas came from persons who saw them and are not aware of what is a normal reaction to months of exposure.

If the military were involved, why would they not simply disappear the bodies instead of finding them.

I think it may be of interest that several of them were previously involved in secret military projects related to nuclear.
Could one of them have taken something, the hidden camera carried around the neck is interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm curious to ask on this.. Where are you getting detail on radiation? I'm trying to learn more about this but it's getting a bit frustrating. Sources which each seem extensive and detailed ....contradict each other or, at best, leave issues of reports not matching without good sense for why. Take this from the St Petersburg article where they refer to the ones found a couple months later in the ravine..

The bodies, however, showed no external wounds.

The four were better dressed than the rest, and those who had died first had apparently relinquished their clothes to the others. Zolotaryov was wearing Dubinina’s faux fur coat and hat, while Dubinina’s foot was wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko’s wool pants.

Deepening the mystery, a test of the clothes found they contained high levels of radiation.
Page 3

That reads a bit off to tell if they mean just one article of clothing or the clothes recovered from the 4 victims clustered together (and the ones that were so badly injured and had the tongue missing?).

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Because they would test it and know what type of material was being used at a specific facility. That tells then what sort of research that facility is doing. This had already been going on during the cold war, where contaminated items made their way back to CIA labs for testing. The Russians would sometimes even intentionally leak fake items to mislead our intel. So, for example, this guy worked in a weapon facility, but the KGB gives him stuff doped to look like its for a nonmilitary purpose, and the facility is then marked off as unimportant by the CIA.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No signs on anyone, anywhere of conflict between them to have caused outward signs.

Some of them had defensive wounds, they had each others clothing...they did make a fire the remains of the fire was there, several of them had burns and burned clothing, maybe just so cold they kept too close to the fire, if it was windy it would be hard to get warm and avoid the flames while half dressed you would need to be close to the fire.

It was speculated one was trying to cut tree limbs for the fire, he had his own hand flesh in his mouth biting himself perhaps trying to get them to feel enough to climb up or down before it was too late.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

VoidWalker
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Most of their clothes were found in the tent.

Okay? That would fit. The tent may have felt like an oven to them...
mass hysteria fed by hypothermia...
Freezing people will RIP their clothes off...because they feel as if they are on fire.

I'm just saying that hypothermia fits SOME of the evidence.
Hysteria fits SOME of the evidence.
Avalanche fits SOME of the evidence.
Panic fits SOME of the evidence.
There are still questions.
edit on 26-12-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join