It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? A

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

stormcell

Night Star
reply to post by 4ajodster

I think the infrasound theory is a possibility, but is not all inclusive. That does not explain the weird broken bones and missing tongue and eyes from one of the young ladies. Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

Indeed. So I would say this remains a mystery.

Crows and Ravens will peck out the eyes of dead and dying animals, as well as humans

My best theory is the idea that there was a rocket launch that night. They would have been in their sleeping bags, heard a rumbling, roaring sound, looked up and seen a bright glowing light through their tents. That might that have been enough to scare them straight out of their tents and run.

well, it wouldn't have made me run into the night 1/2 naked, unless it was headed straight at me.

anyway, scaring them with sound is a big stretch for me.

edit on 31535412731pm2013 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
How would one tell the difference between spontaneous psychological insanity and infrasound-induced insanity? I don't see anything in this source which addresses this question. Without an answer there's no way to be scientific in differentiating between externally and internally induced irrational behavior.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Astr0

Oh for goodness sake. The broken bones were found in people that dropped into a ravine. Ever fallen into a ravine? ice hurts. Badly. Think smashed to pieces type of hurt.

There is zero need for any alien type intervention here.

The people were in a bad place to start with (were supposed to be lower altitude inside the treeline for starters) and woefully unprepared for what the weather threw at them.

There was also a mention of lack of bruising or other marks despite the broken bones.
Then I thought; cold,... blood leaves the extremities and concentrates the warmth to the body core, therefore there is not a lot of blood left in the extremities for a bruise to form.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ever since I first heard about this, I have been fascinated by it.

Things we know:

* Something caused them to run outside at night in the freezing cold, away from camp
* They seemed to separate as a group
* Many had serious injuries/missing body parts
* All of them were found dead

Allowing for multiple cases of murder-suicide due to some unknown cause, how did the last of these people die? Self-inflicted injury?

If it was a case of one of them committing murder-suicide, how did the last person die?

I think if it can be established that they ALL died from being attacked, with no signs of self-inflicted injury, then it is known that something external to the group was present at the time.

Given that they inexplicably cut their way out of the tent, rather than just going out the front, suggests that they were either blocked from getting out the front of the tent, or they were trying to escape undetected.

Was the tent cut quickly (as in panic) or was it carefully cut, like they were going out slowly??? I think this is an important point to try and establish.
edit on 25-12-2013 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

You are certain they cut the tent?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

You can also add to this that their boots were left all neatly lined up and the rest of the tent was undisturbed. It was also determined that the tent was cut from the inside.
To me this eliminates the hallucinogen theory also.
edit on 25-12-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

mirageofdeceit
I think if it can be established that they ALL died from being attacked, with no signs of self-inflicted injury, then it is known that something external to the group was present at the time.
It doesn't sound like any of them were attacked. Most died of hypothermia, not injuries. The ones that had/died of serious injuries were found at the bottom of a ravine under over a meter of snow so it's not unreasonable to speculate their injuries could have been sustained as a result of falling into the ravine.

Stormdancer777
You are certain they cut the tent?
It doesn't seem to be a matter of debate among those that investigated it. What is a matter of debate and uncertainty is why they did it and why they left.

I'm not saying the infrasound theory is right, as it could be many other things, but I think some people in this thread are a little too quick to dismiss the idea. It's best to keep an open mind. One misunderstanding I see here is that people keep referring to it as sound. It's infrasound, not sound. If you've never experienced it, you don't know what it can do. There are weapons made using sound, so it can have severe effects.

edit on 26-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Urantia1111
This is reaching at best. The hikers didn't all die from exposure. There was evidence of massive blunt trauma in some victims and signs of radiation in others. I usually don't bitch about people writing books but the mention of it in the very first line of the article is a bit suspect. "Infrasound induced panic"? No.

If I recall correctly, Urantia, some of the bodies actually exhibited massive internal blunt trauma, but with no exterior indicators of injury. I remember reading one of them had shattered ribs, another a shattered skull, and both with no external wounds at all. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the only way injuries like that could be caused would be due to an immense amount of external pressure crushing the body. Anything impacting the body with enough force to shatter the rib cage would leave at least some residual bruising

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The fact that the older guy was obviously military intel, that even though people had boots for both inside and outside the tent they fled with none, that cameras and other specific items were hidden or went missing, and that the Russian government knew to use a geiger counter to search for the bodies, leads me to like the “KGB/CIA spy mission gone wrong” version of events the best.

I cannot think of anything that would cause me to cut through the inside of my tent to escape it faster then going through the door, especially on an old tent like that which had no zippers. Its more likely that whoever was searching inside that tent for intel materials cut the hole to watch that the party members didn't come back and jump them. Other than there being a directly dangerous person or animal in the campsite, I cannot think of anything that would be localized enough that I would flee only a few dozen yards away and not attempt to return to the campsite rather then die of exposure.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

ANNED
My theory is they had some form of naturally accruing L S D in there food.

There have been cases of rye mold that formed L S D.

One very bad trip.
edit on 24-12-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

You can't just eat mold and hallucinate. You have to extract the LSA using chemicals and then use more chemicals to synthesize '___'. Also, hallucinations are not a symptom of ergotism.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
All this speculation and the answer is ..NO..

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

defcon5
The fact that the older guy was obviously military intel, that even though people had boots for both inside and outside the tent they fled with none, that cameras and other specific items were hidden or went missing, and that the Russian government knew to use a geiger counter to search for the bodies, leads me to like the “KGB/CIA spy mission gone wrong” version of events the best.

I cannot think of anything that would cause me to cut through the inside of my tent to escape it faster then going through the door, especially on an old tent like that which had no zippers. Its more likely that whoever was searching inside that tent for intel materials cut the hole to watch that the party members didn't come back and jump them. Other than there being a directly dangerous person or animal in the campsite, I cannot think of anything that would be localized enough that I would flee only a few dozen yards away and not attempt to return to the campsite rather then die of exposure.

This has as many arguments for and is probably more likely than any other to be close enough to the truth as to run paralell to it in the chain of events.
Pluss, this is only My opinion... the body mutilations seem out of some mafioso thing, they saw or said something....
The people there think a whole different world than what us westerners or even Asians. It's knowledge there, not common, but some who need to know know what happened, .......but this can be profit if handeled right, for everyone comrade...... : )

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This has been one of my fav. mysteries, since I read what happened. Seasoned hikers, leaveing a tent, in the middle of winter, no clothes, no shoes and then dont go back for them. They also reported orange lights in the sky that night.

They tried to pass off the whole avalanche bulls#it, but one look at their tent and it is evident thats not the case. Some snow had fallen on the tent, and that could have been taken off. Then they could have moved camp to a slightly safer spot, in the dark. It could be done.

Then you have them tearing apart the inside to get out. Which tells me me that they thought an avalanche was going to happen, or something larger was above them and scared the sh!t out of them.

Lay yourself down in a tent, then if you start to hear a rumbling, you freak out. So you stay frozen for a momment to try to figure if thats what it is. Then you panic reach for whatever you can get and flee the tent, ripping it if you have to. Then you go outside and see some snow falling on the tent. So you wait a while, to see if more is going to fall. That is plausible. So you wait and wait, then you get cold, really cold, because you dont want to freeze . So you all head back take the snow off the tent assess the damage then fix and move. Period.

That is a plausible avalanche story right?

So explaine to me why they never went back, some had chest injuries so powerful that its was like a car hit them. The whole radiation thing, I dont know about that. Either way there is no excuse for people who know what they are doing to :

A- Split up, because everybody knows body heat combined is better than none.

B- No go back for the clothes. After a while of nothing happening, they could hav salvaged. Even two of them made a fire when they all split.

So That tells me that either they were not as experienced as they said, or they saw something out there that scared them so bad they didnt want to come back. Then I started to wonder why the others had not made a fire? That to me was strange that only one group of two did, if Im correct. That tells me that either they didnt know how and have the materials as the others, or they didnt want to be detected.

Thats all I have for now, I gotta smoke and then get to work.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The tongue thing makes me wonder. In the autopsy report, it indicates that the man's tongue was removed while he was still alive. He had blood in his stomach that he had swallowed after his tongue (and associated muscles beneath it) had been removed.

Just how did that happen?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I started watching the move last night is this an accurate depiction?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Folks - a note: none of the groups cameras went missing nor did diaries. We know this because in the investigation films from them were developed and words read.

Also, three members did back track towards the camp and attempted this near naked in 3 feet deep (1 meter deep) snow.

Its no mystery apart from WHY they fled.

The cold killed every single one of them.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

The camera that the one man had hanging around his neck provided no pics. The film had been ruined by water, according to the link about the autopsy reports.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
After looking at some photos, I didn't realize there was radiation, discoloration, bronzing of the skin and aging,

Local legends of orbs, and nine people from before that had died the same way.

What about this,Chelyabinsk asteroid
www.cbsnews.com...

Their investigation, to be published Nov. 7 in the journal Science, showed that the explosion caused a shockwave strong enough to knock people off their feet. The damage spread up to 55 miles around the point of impact, as the shockwave shattered windows in 3,600 apartment blocks and collapsed a factory roof.

The asteroid reached its brightest and hottest -- glowing 30 times brighter than the sun -- a mere 18 miles from the ground. The glow left observers with retina and skin burns -- one resident, who made the mistake of looking at the asteroid from 18 miles away, later lost skin due to the radiation burns.

edit on 103131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

But the cold doesn't explain all the injuries.

youtu.be...

edit on 103131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

butcherguy
The tongue thing makes me wonder. In the autopsy report, it indicates that the man's tongue was removed while he was still alive. He had blood in his stomach that he had swallowed after his tongue (and associated muscles beneath it) had been removed.

Just how did that happen?

Does it indicate how much of his tongue was missing? Could have been he tripped or fell or something hit him, like an avalanche slide and caused him to bite his tongue in half. If it is cold and your lips are getting super chapped you often lick them....had he been in process of licking his lips with a slide hit or he fell or something similar then this could easily account for a chunk of tongue missing.

Not if it was a long enough chunk as to biting it off being impossible then I would have no idea how it could have happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join