It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? A

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by Imagewerx

I am not sure what you are upset about, I am telling you the military combined active denial system can use both sound and microwaves at distance. You will burn, most definitely feel like you are cooking in that little box on your counter. If you have never stood in front of it and taken the blast why are opening your mouth about it. The sound will also instantly disorient you, make you feel sick and dizzy and yes like your head is going to explode.

You think way to narrowly and in the box. We are talking about out of the box stuff, not your narrow understanding of your stereo.

I'm not upset about anything and I don't have a narrow understanding of "my" stereo.I stated a fact and that is that sound we can hear with our ears can not cook anything.I have been around acoustics for long enough to know what I'm talking about without having to look it up.
I am not denying that very high SPLs can cause us permanent hearing damage (tinitus) and can cause a feeling of extreme discomfort.But they can't cook and never will be able to.If they use microwaves as you say they do (I'll take your word for it as I'm not familiar with this type of what I guess is used as a weapon),then yes that would almost certainly cause some sort of internal heating effect.I once got inside one of those massive W shaped bass bins at an AC/DC concert.I just managed to stop myself from puking while in there and it took about a month to get full use of my hearing again

Wanna know the only way sound can cook things? When you get home from a busy day at work and you say to the wife "Woman,git ma lunch in dat oven".When she hears that sound,it soon gets cooked!!!!!

BY the way,that was a joke and I'd never dream of talking to my wife like that.

I will now go and read up on that charming sounding musical instrument used by the military you seem to like so much.I must say though that I still keep an open mind on all this and their panic (if that's what happened) could have been caused by a very loud sound.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

A lot of what you said makes sense

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Infra sound doesn't cause radiation, the area and bodies were positive for radiation
The area was made off limits to civilians due to it for long time

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The hiker who took ill -- Yury Yudin - does anyone find it interesting he went on to become a cosmonaut?
I know I read or saw in one of these reports he was on a couple of major Russian space missions and was killed while on duty.

Now I can't locate it, and there's next to nothing on a net search that I could find.
Can anyone confirm this from the info?

I find it adds to the layers, or it could be a case of 'small world' stuff?

Bright lights were reported and yes there was an earlier case of 9 hikers who died on the same mountain.
Fascinating stuff, OP.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I could find no indication that Yudin became a cosmonaut. He was an economics student at the time of the incident and went on to become an administrator in the Solikamsk district.

The Telegraph

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks for that. I think I saw it one of the youtubes (I know I know..) so much info.

To add.. I found the video - it was Yuri Gaggarin... my apologies for the mixup -- too much info.

another video posted Nov. 25/13 with apparently more documents uncovered:

edit on 29-12-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Cito
Infra sound doesn't cause radiation, the area and bodies were positive for radiation
The area was made off limits to civilians due to it for long time

The majority of the reports say that just one of their coats had slightly higher than the normal amount of radiation,the area and bodies were no higher than would be expected.
It's also been said that the area was put off limits just to casual passers by,but experienced hikers etc were still allowed to go there.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Is this a Freudian slip?

Official protocol report on the Tent from the Dyatlov group
Tent site is located on the North- eastern slope of mountain 1079 (Kholat Syakhl official term) meters at the mouth of river Auspiya. Tent site is located 300 meters from the top of the mountain 1079 with a slope of 30 °. Test site consists of a pad, levelled by snow, the bottom of which are contains 8 pairs of skis (for tent support and insulation). Tent is stretched on poles and fixed with...

This is all very interesting and compelling reading material.

You can find this part of the material right after the title 'Dyatlov group Tent'.

Here

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

And yet.. two of the bodies were buried away from the other seven. I can't find the source now.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Seems they were desperate enough to get the
last bit of fuel that could burn, climbing the trees and breaking off the pine
branches.

Or they were all tossed about by something and some were tossed into the trees.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Starcadia
reply to post by butcherguy

I haven't read such. Just a passing thought. Would the furnace have scorched the top with the snow collapseing on it even if not on fire?
Maybe they scooped up snow to throw on the tent. End up building a fire trying to warm themselves before going into severe hypothermia before attempting to remove the snow.
Is there anything in the reports as to the condition of the furnace? If it was ruined them trying to start a fire would make more sense.
Then again even the most expenanced person in a life threatening situation can make a poor decision that can greatly lower chances for survival.

The people in the tent would normally not been in a state of undress to start with.

If they put out a fire (one I have never seen mentioned) in the tent, they would not head down the hill undressed and without shoes, you could reach through the holes in the tent even for shoes, but why would you not leave by the door? The furnace surely was not blocking it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

ItsEvolutionBaby
The hiker who took ill -- Yury Yudin - does anyone find it interesting he went on to become a cosmonaut?
I know I read or saw in one of these reports he was on a couple of major Russian space missions and was killed while on duty.

Now I can't locate it, and there's next to nothing on a net search that I could find.
Can anyone confirm this from the info?

I find it adds to the layers, or it could be a case of 'small world' stuff?

Bright lights were reported and yes there was an earlier case of 9 hikers who died on the same mountain.
Fascinating stuff, OP.

Yes he said he was ill and yet went collecting geo samples for his university before going home, so not very ill.

I saw a map wich showed several deaths of 9 within short spans of miles apart.

In addition to the Dyatlov Pass incident in 1959, another nine fatalities occurred in 1960, in three separate air crashes involving pilots and geologists. In 1961, the bodies of nine tourists from Leningrad were discovered.
More recently, a helicopter crashed on the approach to Mount Kholat Syakhl, with nine people aboard — although, amazingly, no one was killed. The number nine holds a morbid significance for this location.

rbth.ru...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Char-Lee
The people in the tent would normally not been in a state of undress to start with.
I don't know what you mean by state of undress, but people interviewed for the Russian documentary said it was quite normal to sleep in long johns inside the sleeping bag, so they made it sound quite normal. I don't remember if they said it in part 1 or part 2:

Mystery of Dyatlov's Pass parts 1 and 2
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

If they put out a fire (one I have never seen mentioned) in the tent, they would not head down the hill undressed and without shoes, you could reach through the holes in the tent even for shoes, but why would you not leave by the door? The furnace surely was not blocking it.
I think if there was evidence the tent caught fire, it probably would have been reported. So while it's not universally true that absence of evidence is evidence of absence, in this particular case, I think it's reasonable to presume that may well be the case.

It does look like the tent may have been knocked down by a small snow slide which could explain why they didn't leave by the door.

RobinB022
And yet.. two of the bodies were buried away from the other seven. I can't find the source now.
I posted the body location map here, but that's not really a very accurate description of the body locations:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Anyway, just pondered this pic for a bit, may be stretching the pareidolia aspect a touch, but I will put it out there so you can see what I think it could possibly be.

But of course it could be anything else, but what?
Was it an unintended pic, or a deliberate pic that did not turn out?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So would it be safe to assume an avalanche covered the tent? I don't know why they wouldn't quickly try to grab thier life saving garments, even if they were afraid more was coming.
I know nothing about avalanches or how they work. Would it make sense for them to try and wait a bit to make sure the coast was clear?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Starcadia
So would it be safe to assume an avalanche covered the tent? I don't know why they wouldn't quickly try to grab thier life saving garments, even if they were afraid more was coming.
I know nothing about avalanches or how they work. Would it make sense for them to try and wait a bit to make sure the coast was clear?
Well of course I don't have the answers, nobody does, but I can relate the hypotheses proposed. As for how much of the tent was covered, go back in the thread and look at the picture I posted earlier, which shows how they found the tent and how much was covered. It looks like it was partially but not completely covered.

One of the investigators said some people may prefer the term "snow slide" instead of avalanche, which I'm not sure what the difference is and how they translate to/from Russian except the snow slide is smaller. One thing that can happen in such an event is that the friction of movement can heat up the snow, partially melting it. It can also then re-freeze, but how quickly it does so depends on conditions.

So one idea is, the life-saving garments may have been useless because they got wet from the snow that melted in the slide. You will probably die faster if you put on wet clothes and go outside, than if you go outside in your dry longjohns, but of course either will kill you eventually in those conditions.

And yes they thought more might be coming, is part of the hypothesis of why they may have left, if the snow slide theory is correct. So they didn't want to get buried completely if another avalanche came that was bigger than the first small one.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

A snow slide would normally mean it's relatively small and local,maybe only 100 metres or less in size,and wouldn't normally do any REAL damage.An avalanche would have started somewhat higher up the mountain,gathering pace and mass as it descended and sweeping away everything in it's path.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

For a while I thought we were looking at lanterns here , however messing with the contrast shows that there is no table or bench , and whatever it is must be floating.
And , Toadmund , it was the last picture on the camera so I give it some importance.
edit on 31-12-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow, so basically they were killed by some naturally-ocurring super-"Brown-Note"?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Guess it would have been helpful to do a little research first huh! I hadn't looked over this since years ago and I kinda gave up looking then cause to many sources seemed to have an agenda.
Thanks for answering my silly questions, very kind of you

edit on 31-12-2013 by Starcadia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join