It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance is the greatest WMD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In reading through the postings here on ATS I find many interresting and serious postings and I believe that is what this site deserves. I agree with TheBandit that unserious postings by less than average intelligences ought not happen and deserves flogging

He is correct in stating that NO-ONE has a grip on reality. There is not a single being walking this planet of, Earthly origin anyway, that can claim to know the "truth" of what is real and what is not.

Personally I think it would be an act of unimaginable EGO and an obvious lack of understanding to propose that "one" knows what is real and what is fake!

Digression:
In the observable universe (or at least what we have observed so far...Hubble...Chandra..Etc) we can peer some 14 BILLION years back into time (the light we see is very very old) at what we believe is the dawn of the universe...but then again what do we know? We have estimated that there are at least 100 Billion Galaxies within the observable range and that the average Galaxy is comprised of between 100 and 300 Billion stars (just like our own Sun). Allready the numbers are staggering. Then throw in an average of 5 planets around each star...and well there you have it! Trillions upon trillions of worlds within the observable universe.

To anyone who believes that we are alone I say this, you need to broaden your mind and then re-take MATH 101.

Perhaps there is hope for you yet!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Okay, have i missed the point here?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, thanks so much for registering today and then proceeding to bash the posters of this site. You will learn that here, just like anywhere else in life, you get the good with the bad. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatGigInTheSky
In reading through the postings here on ATS I find many interresting and serious postings and I believe that is what this site deserves. I agree with TheBandit that unserious postings by less than average intelligences ought not happen and deserves flogging

He is correct in stating that NO-ONE has a grip on reality. There is not a single being walking this planet of, Earthly origin anyway, that can claim to know the "truth" of what is real and what is not.

Personally I think it would be an act of unimaginable EGO and an obvious lack of understanding to propose that "one" knows what is real and what is fake!

Digression:
In the observable universe (or at least what we have observed so far...Hubble...Chandra..Etc) we can peer some 14 BILLION years back into time (the light we see is very very old) at what we believe is the dawn of the universe...but then again what do we know? We have estimated that there are at least 100 Billion Galaxies within the observable range and that the average Galaxy is comprised of between 100 and 300 Billion stars (just like our own Sun). Allready the numbers are staggering. Then throw in an average of 5 planets around each star...and well there you have it! Trillions upon trillions of worlds within the observable universe.

To anyone who believes that we are alone I say this, you need to broaden your mind and then re-take MATH 101.

Perhaps there is hope for you yet!

Hey dude, no disrespect...but... what are you trying to argue???
That peeps dont know sh*t???
Throw me a bone here dude.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Wow. Title + first part of the post + the second part of the post =

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Okay, have i missed the point here?

thats exactly what i was thinking, are you saying that people who say that ufos and ets(just an example) are real dont know what they are talking about AND that mathamaticaly(spelling?) it is impossible that we are alone? correct me if im wrong but isnt what your saying an oxymoron?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
All GreatGigInTheSky is trying to say, if I get the gist of the post, is that ignorance or the outright dismissal of the mathematical certainty of intelligent life outside of earth is tantamount to ignorance. I believe in the Bible, I believe in intelligent life other than earth, and I believe the two fit together just fine.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Perhaps what GreatGigInTheSky was saying is that a lot of people here on the ATS board are quick to dismiss because something doesn't fit into their preconcieved reality.

new topics

top topics

join