It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Fishead... documentary "Are Corporate Leaders Psychopaths?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Was recommended this video, about our corporate leaders being psychopaths.

Ties in nicely to the website They Rule as well as Little Sis.. Be sure to check them out.

Whats your thoughts on this??

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

There have been many studies and I was reading something last year about this.
It's fascinating actually but it's a scale... often people considered technically psychopathic would also be the first to run into a burning building to save someone or be great in a criss or similar acts... they have little to no fear.

It's actually a very interesting subject.

Channel 4 also did something recently about this in the UK, you can take the test here

www.channel4.com...

Also this

www.livescience.com...

Heroes and psychopaths may have something in common, according to new research that links psychopathic personality traits to selfless behavior.

The finding may seem incongruous, given that lack of empathy for others is a key trait of psychopathy, which is also marked by impulsivity, superficial charm and lack of remorse. But some personality traits of psychopaths may be, in some situations, positive, said study researcher Scott Lilienfeld, a psychologist at Emory University in Atlanta.

"Personality traits can be good or bad depending on the person and depending on the situation and also how they're channeled," Lilienfeld told LiveScience. Take fearless dominance, which describes a boldness frequently seen in psychopaths, he said.

So it's all doom and gloom

edit on 24/12/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Sorry ... I don't watch videos with flashy crap imbedded.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
"The systems themselves are psychopathic."

True words.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Watched the whole thing.

There is a very high chance that a sociopath was behind the making of this video,
as a warning to other psychopaths.

The best place for a murderer to hide,
is as the investigator of the very murder.

That video is a training seminar on how
to move forward against psychopaths at the top of society.

It suggests, in the end, that we just be nice to the people around us,
and discontinue looking up to leaders or celebrity.

It completely skips over any sense of objective rightness, or justice.
And fails to discuss the details of how a couple of researchers
actually identified psychopaths at the tops of corporations.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

And going along with that,remember that Ted Bundy jumped in and saved a 7 year old girl from drowning,plus saved a woman that was being robbed.What a nice guy! Not! It just goes to show that no one is wholly good or evil(Hitler built the Autoban and put Germany's economy back on the map).It is a persons acts as a whole that define the person.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

got to first 30 min.

Wanted to comment...not sure if it's covered later in the video.

The guy mentions how it's unfortunate for the organizations that psychopaths can get in to positions to thrive.

Important thing needs to be said about this. It is the corporations that provide the fertile ground and draw in the psychopaths.

I work for a corporation. It's daily lying and manipulating of customers. Job positions actually require you to be a good liar when need be...to be aggressive and ruthless to cut spending and promote profits. If you squeeze your workforce to achieve ludicrous unrealistic goals...you are the man for the job. Employee of the year.

The higher up the ladder you go, the more favorable it is to be a psychopath.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

MarioOnTheFly
The higher up the ladder you go, the more favorable it is to be a psychopath.

Very true. But it goes beyond occupation, society as a whole must be examined.

As Robert D. Hare (PhD) asks in his book, Without Conscience:

Are we unknowingly allowing a society to evolve that is the perfect breeding ground, and perhaps even a "killing field," for psychopaths?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Socio/psychopaths manipulate/use emotions as a tool to get their own way. Like winning favor among their peers.

It's the sociopaths amongst us that try to sell "the ends justifies the means" bovine excrement, leaving us worse-off than beforehand.

There is a sociopath behind everything that is wrong with society.

Take economics as an example, why caress the same sword that slays the people you love?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm going to say it again in another way.

The number one game of sociopaths,
is the hunt for sociopaths. It is the most
effective way to eliminate their rivals.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

mikegrouchy
I'm going to say it again in another way.

The number one game of sociopaths,
is the hunt for sociopaths. It is the most
effective way to eliminate their rivals.

Mike Grouchy

so thats why there is no collusion in the financial sector! it makes perfect sense now!
sociopaths work together all the time
the end game might be getting to the tippy top but the quickest way to even get to that point is to work with the competition

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Most corporate leaders I have met are definitely psychopaths, I guess it can now be a good or bad thing.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

loveguy
Socio/psychopaths manipulate/use emotions as a tool to get their own way. Like winning favor among their peers.

It's the sociopaths amongst us that try to sell "the ends justifies the means" bovine excrement, leaving us worse-off than beforehand.

There is a sociopath behind everything that is wrong with society.

Take economics as an example, why caress the same sword that slays the people you love?

Its simple to place the blame on "them" is it not? Takes away all personal responsibility in the matter.

Sociopath is a poorly understood personality type, many even question if anti-social personality types fall under any kind of Disorder.

Sociopathic tendencies can attribute to key survival traits that are useful in nature, the ability to put aside emotion and do whats needed with out delay is useful in numerous modern situations.

It is why Sociopaths strive in certain environments and why you find them in places of power as those are where the ability to be Efficient is most prized.

Eta even the Vid in the OP is mistaking psychopath and sociopath, CEO's tend to fall toward sociopathy more than psychopathy.

edit on 24-12-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

benrl

Its simple to place the blame on "them" is it not? Takes away all personal responsibility in the matter.

Little I can do as I am not a representative of the house or senate; and I can't vote with confidence for anyone on a current ticket/ballet.

If I were to put any blame on myself it would be because of my sense of right and wrong and I continue to be complacent as I am in not neutralizing what I consider to be my own enemy.

People who expect to be able to rule over other people should be required to pass a mental/emotional examination. And the people voting should have a box next to each name on the ballot specifying it's a vote of confidence --->if it's left unchecked.

So, when that box is checked enough times, that politicians career comes to an end; not qualified for public office.

As long as sociopaths hold the highest positions in the land...

dyssocial sociopath

edit on (12/26/1313 by loveguy because: linky

top topics

join