It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: IMF Warns of "Traumatic Situation" Re US Dollar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
This is EXACTLY right. We'll have a much lower dollar but after some pain we'll have more jobs here in the U.S.
The Euro is going to have to take the role of world currency soon and that means.outsourced jobs to the U.S. and Russia!! Hurray! See how you like it in Europe when it becomes too expensive to manufacture products in your own countries.
Im sick of seeing jobs go overseas because Chinas and Japans citizens savings are being used to prop up our over-priced dollar.
We need to bring back those jobs to OUR country and re-establish our manufacturing base. We need to remember that America is fully capable of being totally self-sufficient when we put our minds to it.
Im not going to lie and say its going to be easy for us. But Im of the feeling that we need this. Its been too easy for America for too long. Weve lost a lot of core values due to the fact we havent been through any serious hardship for a while. Were fighting amongst ourselves too much.
A good 5-year period of having to depend on each other and our families will do us some good and flush out some pretty bad crap from our system.
Oh, and this is not a Bush issue. It is because we have a fraudulent Federal Reserve in charge of our currency instead of an elected government. Say yes to the Gold Standard!

well bush IS president, and could push through legislation giving the power over currency back to the government. any president could have. the only one who tried(JFK) got 'delivered the good news' soon afterward. within days, i believe. he said he would put two cars in every driveway, and scatter the CIA to the wind. but, the dark forces won again. if you think bush is batting for the average guy, you haven't been listening. he sees his constituency as the 'haves and the have mores'.

so, when america has been knocked down enough to 'compete' against the third world sweatshops, and americans can finally get a take home wage of five cents an hour, AMERICA WILL BE STRONG AGAIN!? yahoo.

it would be nice if people would realise that nothing exists in a vaccuum. 'globalism' is here to stay, and as citizens of the world, we must take a holistic approach to fixing the problem of disparity. if we let the old oligarchs(like bush OR kerry) steer the boat, we will be returning to legal slavery. what the world needs now is a 'we the people' for the entire globe. that'd put a snake in the boot of these vampiric industrialist/bankers.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
imf the big guys that cant be good.the dudes that keep countries afloat.now what happens if you dont pay your bills?eek can you imagine phoning in an order for bullets in iraq when your on the battlefield and the boss has no money to hand out ammo.this is not good ouch.....

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Billybob

I think you missed my point. I was pointing out that Bush really cant do anything about the current monetary policy. Its not a personality issue or even about intentions. Its about social inertia and how changes in big societies come about.

He does NOT have the political capital to push though trashing the Federal Reserve, change the currency system, fight a war and trim the federal gravy train by more than 50%. Lets not even mention our upcoming social security and Medicare obligations.

It will take a major external shift to get us out of our debt-based economy. A crash is what will do it.

Slightly off topic for a sec

By the way, constitutionally congress is supposed to manage internal affairs like money and domestic spending and the president is supposed to handle international affairs. Bush IS doing his job, congress is not.

Ok..back to topic:

It would probably be best if the dollar collapses completely. It would not mean the end of America but it would mean that some big changes would occur. First, the federal government would be bankrupt and forced to accept going back to a gold or silver standard currency. Im thinking we will go to a silver backed currency and the Federal Reserve and concept of modern bank will be a bad memory.

This is why I do not own 1 credit card and have ZERO debt. I dont have car payments (my car is a bit older than yours most likely) and I have no savings account (I put everything I want to save into silver).

You should be doing the same

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
lol.....bush can't do anthing about the sinking value of the dollar!!!...lol.....

I find the idea of not going into debt a little funny also....considering...

Well, even if there is nothing Bush could do about the dollar, he really doesn't have to make matters worse does he? Let's see.....war in Iraq, War in Afghanistan, the Creation of Homeland Security, the changes in the Medicare system, real nice tax cuts to the rich and famous, "oursourcing is good for our economy", open the door for the illegal immigrants, ect. ect.....

By the way, if you were to believe some of what is posted on the web, we really don't have enough gold anymore to use a gold standard.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
By the way, if you were to believe some of what is posted on the web, we really don't have enough gold anymore to use a gold standard.

I agree with your last statement. We will be using a silver backed currency in the future, not gold. The rest, well we will not be ending the war if the islamic fundumentalist have anything to say about it.

Also, please understand. five cents an hour is NOT where we are heading towards. Just a lot of hardship while our market economy fixes things. I would expect barter to exist for a year or so then a new currency to replace the dollar (at maybe a 1000 to 1 exchange rate).

Oursourcing is a product of an artificially high dollar. This will correct itself, which is what Bush knows.

Globally, we are in the best position to survive this coming crash for two reasons: We have an excellent infrastructure of roads and rail. We have a free market economy.

I feel VERY sorry for countries like China and Russia, who will not survive this as easily.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Umm...ya, China is used to not having a car or two, or hey, maybe even three in every driveway. They are used to buying their chickens live at the markets and many can still remember their lives as farmers and peasents. They don't need a microwave to heat that instant dinner that is sitting in many freezers in this country, or the warm coats bought at the local sears.....they still have the skill to make their own probably....

It is us who is dependent on the technology in our everyday life.

On a much brighter side though, well, once our government defaults on their debt, well, it will be perfectly acceptable in my eyes to default on that nice $20,000 debt I have in medical bills for the ankle I broke. And, well, they can take the trailer, we don't care, NY has become too inhospitable, unless of course you happen to be poor and non-productive. Heating the place during the winter is really getting to be a headache not worth having. And, well, I have seeds, I have fishing equipment, and all the other bare essentials and there's still plenty of public land around......I"ll just go stake a claim on it....

In plain simple words, the current administration has done alot to worsen the problem, and far too little in protecting the rights of your average joe. If they bust the economy, well, it is also perfectly acceptable in my view to ignore those stupid laws that are on the books that only serve to prevent people from living outside of their economic system....like laws regarding fishing and hunting, laws pertaining to public lands, ect.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
Billybob

I think you missed my point. I was pointing out that Bush really cant do anything about the current monetary policy. Its not a personality issue or even about intentions. Its about social inertia and how changes in big societies come about.

He does NOT have the political capital to push though trashing the Federal Reserve, change the currency system, fight a war and trim the federal gravy train by more than 50%. Lets not even mention our upcoming social security and Medicare obligations.

I know nothing but I must agree. Bush can do nothing. For the benefit of watching America he put his, a stupidest, foot forward this weekend. Macho Texas Grandstanding swaggering into a Brawl to save a SS Agent. Give me a break. Freak'in John Wayne Hollywood.
Guarantee that agent was in complete control.
Then he attempted to do the same with the inscrutable Chinese and bluff them into adjusting their currency to suit our need. C'mon, what was he thinking. His NWO was going to break a 6000 year old Civilization in a N.Y. Second. He was blown off. The European Elite may have their mind on a NWO and may have been in bed with China. But when push comes to shove self preservation and determination win out constantly.
When they dump dump their Greenbacks make no doubt about it Japan will be selling just as fast. Newly liberated coalition partners from Eastern Europe will gobble them up.
And when all is said and done China, Russia, and Japan will be on top. Along with Wal-Mart

They will have the Gold and Oil. China already has Argentina, Brazil, and Panama in it's vest pocket. We will be struggling against martial law and a failed NWO that will be attempting to turn us into slave labor as the Chinese had 50 years ago. And Patriots will be fighting another revolutionary war.
If our nation is invaded that would be best. It would force us to unite. However I believe that the new coalition of Power is on top of that and will just sit and watch and wait.
I realize most think me out of my mind. That's fine, I think you are for placing Bush in Power. He is your Nemesis. Mark my lunatic word, I will wait and see. I have nothing else to do, have you????

Polar Bear

top topics

<< 1   >>

join