It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Govenor Bans Electronic Cigarettes on State Property.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It is now a country wherein anything people enjoy is banned at the first sign of popularity.
They might as well write a new document illustrative of how the country is actually run since the
Constitution is null and void. It would be pretty simple - Everything is illegal unless explicitly allowed.
Guilty until proven innocent.

Things originally were banned (after a huge degree of social and political effort) based on a preponderance of "evidence" that their use or presence had resulted in great demonstrable social harm to the extent that banned them outright seemed the only solution. Now it's somehow implied that anything people do especially in regards to their bodies or consciousness is somehow immoral and wrong.

I see little if anything being done to combat growing air pollution from fossil fuel use and factories but if someone lights a stinky cigarette or uses a vaporizer it's time for hysteria.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE
So...keep in mind that when you smell crap, you are ingesting crap. Any thing you smell, you are actually breathing in and ingesting that substance. Poop, rot, dead body, fart, etc. Now...enjoy the rest of your day.

Ingesting? Fantastic! I can go to restaurants and just sit in the lobby smelling the food until I'm full without spending a dime. I'm going to save so much money!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
How much God damn research do they need to do on water vapor??? If it's dangerous then surely they must've done studies before they allowed hot showers to be on any public property like the state prisons and schools. So why can't we just check all the research and all the studies that were already done to make sure hot showers were safe for high school kids in the locker rooms? Imagine that! Kids are "vaping" in the locker rooms all across America! A lot safer than what I used to do in the locker room which I can't mention here due to thc. Er, oops I meant tnc...

So if the vapor is so damn risky and unknown...then WHERE ARE THE DAMN RESEARCH PAPERS THAT WE KNOW MUST EXIST because if they don't then the government willingly and knowingly has been putting children at risk for over a century! And we know they would not do that in any official capacity, so...Where's the decades of research and data! ?!?!?!?!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE
So...keep in mind that when you smell crap, you are ingesting crap. Any thing you smell, you are actually breathing in and ingesting that substance. Poop, rot, dead body, fart, etc. Now...enjoy the rest of your day.

Ingesting? Fantastic! I can go to restaurants and just sit in the lobby smelling the food until I'm full without spending a dime. I'm going to save so much money!

He never said it went to your stomach or any part of your digestive system...just that it enters your body. And even if it did, you body digests food much faster than you could take it in through smell. It only takes a tiny microscopical particle to activate your smell...

Are you insinuating that person is not telling the truth about how smell works? Or just trying to be a smartass?

How the hell do you think you could smell anything without it making contact with your body? You think you can just smell something from across the room by what, telepathy? No, particles of it enter the air which you then breath in...

Are you telling me that you never realized that when you smell a fart you are actually breathing in some of the methane which only recently was stored inside someone's butt? They release gas, then you smell gas, which means the gas entered your nostrils.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say. ..go look it up if you want to know more..,

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Executive order to stop electronic cigarettes. That is about the most absurd thing ever. Not only idiotic, but an idiotic abuse of power. The only harm it does is to the tobacco companies and the taxation you got in your back pocket. Tell me if that is not an Agenda. Let me guess what comes next... taxation of e-cigs. See you gotta create something bad and prop it up to get support, then they play the game of taxing it. If it's bad and you got to tax it, then where is the data proving e-cigs are bad??? Oh right it doesn't exist because it has 4000 less chemicals and toxins than regular cigs. Common air has more pollution. The government is always there to make a profit. If it's good and helps people quit regular smoking lets tax it. If it's bad and kills ya, then lets tax it. They act like oh we care about your health. Really? Where is that executive ban hammer for regular cigarettes and alcohol that claims roughly 600,000 lives each year in the US?? I've already buried two family members this year do to cigs and alcohol. One of those two died just this Christmas Eve. I also have another family member with terminal cancer and been given 6 months to live. E-cigs help people quit smoking, but it isn't about quitting and saving lives is it?
edit on 26-12-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Skip to 1:30 to watch how they did it in the olden days. Ricky is smoking right in his sons face. My family watched this over the Holiday and the kids were blown away at the way parents used to smoke in their kids faces.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

It's water. What's your problem? You breath when its humid outside don't you ?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Metallicus

It's water. What's your problem? You breath when its humid outside don't you ?

People are just stupid.

Including this douchebag Republican (less government, more freedom....yeah right) governor.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

antar
Skip to 1:30 to watch how they did it in the olden days. Ricky is smoking right in his sons face. My family watched this over the Holiday and the kids were blown away at the way parents used to smoke in their kids faces.

I was watching some of the newscasts of the JFK assassination and noticed some of the reporters were smoking while on air!!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I was watching some of the newscasts of the JFK assassination and noticed some of the reporters were smoking while on air!!

Ever watch the TV series Mad Men??? They all smoke. Watch the original Ghostbuster movie, Smoked!!! When it was something the government wanted it was publicized everywhere and all through American culture.

I'm leaning off of Cigarettes more and more with my E-Cig, I look forward to not smoking that crap anymore and it's thanks to the E-cig.

While I won't sell or promote E-Cig products on ATS, if anyone is interested in some good products and not just your cheap run of the mill e-cig that is being pumped out (at your local stores) as well as vendors for the e-juice (made in medically sanitized facilities for a pure vaping experiance) send me a U2U and I'll share some excellent products to take a gander at.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Foolish law...then again that's the government for you...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

I agree 100% with your thoughts, they can't tax it so lets ban it...

I find it amazing that the FDA or the government is saying that they are weary of negative health effects of vapor smoking...REALLY?

So if they find that it can be harmful will they ban it? Like booze, cigarettes, artificial sweeteners and have of the medication out there?

What a load of crap!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Must have control over everything. Must have that control. I don,t have control over it not safe for you!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

perhaps you missed the post earlier that lists all the vegetables that have nicotine in them..

so by your flawed logic, we should be banning eggplants, and potatoes, and tossing mofos in jail if they eat them?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
maybe this governor might want to eliminate the toxins from her make-up...what toxins you ask?.....
www.davidsuzuki.org...

I'll keep smoking my cigarettes, and you women can keep putting poison on your lips, face, hair, eyes, skin, genitals, etc....

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is things going in the UK about controlling e-cigs.
Ultimately, the better quality ones are safe and harmless. The only thing that needs to be done by any country is assuring that the fluid does not contain much more than needed i.e the nicotine or not, flavouring and water etc. No strict regulation, but monitoring, so that people don't start buying harmful products which just contain toxins again.

I reckon that there could be lobbying from cigarette companies. They thrive on people's addiction, its their only business, millions of dollars are made, and stand to lose a lot.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Metallicus

Why should I have to inhale anyone else's air pollution even if it is just 'vapor'?

I like this law.

Totally arrogant answer..

Why should I inhale the same air YOU breathe?… smelling your body odor..? forcing to listen to your mumbo jumbos and generally noise you make..?

Any laws to ban and remove arrogant A**holes presence from my sight.:?

edit on 26-12-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Now the question is, what are we going to do about this?

Are we going to sit here bellyaching about it, or are we going to write a petition to the government demanding our rights not be stomped on this way?!!!!!!!!

If it gets passed in one state, they will all follow the leader soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

in·gest (n-j st) tr.v. in·gest·ed, in·gest·ing, in·gests. 1. To take into the body by the mouth for digestion or absorption. See Synonyms at eat.

hu·mor
noun
1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.
3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience.
4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie.
5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

sled735
Now the question is, what are we going to do about this?

Are we going to sit here bellyaching about it, or are we going to write a petition to the government demanding our rights not be stomped on this way?!!!!!!!!

If it gets passed in one state, they will all follow the leader soon.

A petition? Do those work? Do they even matter?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join