It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Yes. I thought that when Halt was concerned about disinformation he was referring to Larry Warren, although he was, at first, reluctant to name names. There's some discussion about this in LAEG which seems to have resolved itself somewhat when it appeared they were there on different nights. I'm not sure if that was the end of that but...

I'm certain Halt knows a bit more than he's been willing to talk about but I'm also fairly certain that he's not the one at the helm.

I'm not sure Halt and Warren were out there on different nights to be honest. Maybe I read that the wrong way?

The interview, Dave Bowman posted, that John Burroughs recorded with Gary Heseltine details a lot of discrepancies with Halt's story : soundcloud.com...

Gary was working on a film script with Colonel Halt but stated that his continued mud slinging at Larry Warren was the major reason he abandoned it. He also questioned how a military officer could get the date wrong on an official memo when Halt had access to the base records and his own taped notes and with it being an official document should have been 100% accurate.

Questions are also asked of Halt's attempts to keep Bustinza out of the story as well as John B. and also of his general saying one thing and then twisting things at a later date. Of great note was that whilst Penniston and Warren claim 'chemical' debriefings. Halt claims he was never debriefed at all on the incident.

The inference is that Halt knows a lot more about RFI than he ever has let on and perhaps may have been trying to 'control' the story down the years.

I think it's time to move away from Penniston's story and start chipping away at Halt's now.

So I'm going to go over a few notes over the next week or so to see if anything stands out.

edit on 17/6/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That word control keeps popping up.
Scientists like to have a control subject in experiments don't they.
The one who gets the placebo and not the vaccine, just to compare reactions.

If this was a big experiment it might be logical that only two of them had the chemical assistance. Or maybe they all got it and it worked so well that only two of them remember?

Adding
Sorry, I meant the discussion in LAEG was about the confusion over who was out on which night.

edit on 17-6-2016 by Tulpa because: Confusion again

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Apparently, Halt saw a huge stack of papers about the RFI at The NSA. So, there are aspects he doesn't understand.

Just as I've heard rumours of Halt exclaiming "it's a machine", I've also heard rumours he thought it was the devil in the woods.

Here is what is odd:
- APEN is associated with demonic theory
- yet Here APEN blames a downed satellite
- Jenny Randles is told by both APEN and a UK scientist it was a downed satellite. Two sources for one flimsy, implausible theory. Talk about OTT. How could a rentered nuclear powered satellite have the capability to fly through the woods??
- Halt is seen referencing demonic theory but I've never heard him refer to downed satellites? Or any military hardware?

Why is that?

I can't quite make sense of it yet but there is something odd about unusual sources pushing the satellite angle, yet no key player in the RFI has ever mentioned this idea

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

It's like the devil recommending holy water.
It makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Apparently it's a human perception thing that when we see objects entering Earth's atmosphere we always think they are closer than they really are. There's little doubt in my mind a satellite re-entry played a role in the Rendlesham Forest case; it was probably the event or one of the events (there were also some bolides) that started the whole series of events which followed for the next few days.

However the satellite didn't come down anywhere near Rendlesham forest; it didn't need to for us to understand what happened. The fact the satellite re-entry could be seen from Rendlesham forest was enough. There was no real landing site as far as I can tell so we don't need the satellite to have come down in Rendlesham forest to explain any landing site.

edit on 2016617 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Kev, do you know much about nuclear weapons and reactors? I seem to remember you do.

What reasonable exposure could be expected from long term exposure to tactical nukes in weapons storage area? How about the sort of reactor found on a nuclear submarine?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The events at RFI could have served as testing the physical and psychological vulnerabilities of a nuclear base. While as proof of concept of potential use with an actual physical assault on a nuclear facility.

Nuclear proliferation is already spreading to nations in unstable areas of the world. Even nuclear power plants being taken hostage is not unmanageable in today's world.

Regarding governments and psyops I site chapter 8 in Frank B. Salisbury's book " The Utah UFO Display" as a critical look at the petri dish popularly called the Skin Walker Ranch. Blue orbs the least of the strangeness reported.
edit on 17-6-2016 by DaveBowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Back in the day we could get a max Lifetime exposure of 5 * N -18 REM.

So if you are 19, you shouldn't get over 5 REM
In a year.

If you get 100 REM all at once, of I recall, its
A 50% mortality rate.

If you get 300 REM all at once, your eyeballs flow out of your face and you die an inhuman death.

We carried dosimeters that read in Millirem.

I think I got 20 Millirem one year. That's .02 REM.

You get more from 1 chest xray.

That was from year standing next to a 500 megawatt nuclear reactor.

(that's lots and lots of shielded nuclear material).

I can't speak about nuclear ordinance..but unless the shielding were damaged it wouldn't be much.

Kev
edit on 17-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
Just as I've heard rumours of Halt exclaiming "it's a machine", I've also heard rumours he thought it was the devil in the woods.

Halt never claimed the devil was behind it, but he did say there were a lot of weird people in the fringes suggesting he witnessed all kinds of wild stuff, from the 2nd coming of the Messiah to a visit from the devil.

Halt himself has made it crystal clear in his affidavit: He thinks the objects he saw were of extra-terrestrial origin.

This is essentially Halt’s story, as he told it in 1994, and this story is corroborated by Nevels:

"I took half a dozen of the men and headed into the woods on foot to a clearing where the initial incident had supposedly taken place."

[As soon as Halt arrived, Bustinza was almost immediately sent back to get new light-alls. When he returned, Halt and his team were already gone. So Bustinza was not with Halt’s group most of the evening.]

"We found three distinct indentations in the ground equidistant apart and pressed well into the sandy soil. They were supposedly caused by the object seen two nights before, but I didn’t see anything sitting there that night. Neither did anybody else there.”

"Inside the triangular area formed by the indentations, one of the men got slightly higher readings on the Geiger counter than he did outside. He photographed the area, and I took a soil sample. Meanwhile, I recorded this activity on my microcassette recorder.”

"We knew the Orford Ness lighthouse beacon beamed from the southeast. All of a sudden, directly to the east, we saw an unusual red, sunlike light--oval shaped, glowing, with a black center--10 to 15 feet off the ground, moving through the trees. Beyond the clearing was a barbed-wire fence, farmer’s field, house, and barn. The animals were making a lot of noise.”

"We ran toward the light up to the fence. It shot over the field and then moved in a 20- to 30-degree horizontal arc. Strangely, it appeared to be dripping what looked like molten steel out of a crucible, as if gravity were somehow pulling it down. Suddenly, it exploded--not a loud bang, just booompf--and broke into five white objects that scattered in the sky. Everything except our radios seemed to return to normal.”

"We went to the end of the farmer’s property to get a different perspective. In the north, maybe 20 degrees off the horizon, we saw three white objects--elliptical, like a quarter moon but a little larger--with blue, green, and red lights on them, making sharp, angular movements. The objects eventually turned from elliptical to round.”

"I called the command post, asked them to call Eastern Radar, responsible for air defense of that sector. Twice they reported that they didn’t see anything.”

"Suddenly, from the south, a different glowing object moved toward us at a high rate of speed, came within several hundred feet, and then stopped. A pencil like beam, six to eight inches in diameter, shot from this thing right down by our feet. Seconds later, the object rose and disappeared.”

"The objects in the north were still dancing in the sky. After an hour or so, I finally made the call to go in. We left those things out there.”

Burroughs’ initial request by radio to join Halt’s group while they were investigating the landing site was rejected, as can be heard on the Halt tape.
Burroughs did come forward later, and met up with Halt and Bustinza. This may have been after Halt decided to leave the objects out there and returned with his group from past the second farmer’s field. Allegedly, the ‘Bustinza-Burroughs incident’ took place then – the two of them went back into the forest and a light beam came down on Burroughs.

Two weeks later, Palmer and Laplume reported strange lights at the East Gate. Halt jumped in his Triumph and took Williams and family into the forest to view the spectacle. Unfortunately the lights were gone by then.
Later that evening, Laplume saw a huge object floating right over his head and disappear in the night sky, but he never reported it.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Here is what is odd:
- APEN is associated with demonic theory
- yet Here APEN blames a downed satellite
- Jenny Randles is told by both APEN and a UK scientist it was a downed satellite. Two sources for one flimsy, implausible theory. Talk about OTT. How could a rentered nuclear powered satellite have the capability to fly through the woods??
- Halt is seen referencing demonic theory but I've never heard him refer to downed satellites? Or any military hardware?

I agree the downed satellite theory is implausible. Why? Because no satellite came down that night.

A rocket booster from the Soviet Cosmos 749 satellite entered the Earth's atmosphere on Dec 25th 1980. At 21:07 it appeared over the skies of South West England. The all-sky camera based at Ipswich recorded nothing. So it probably didn't have anything to do with the incident at Bentwaters in the early hours of Boxing Day.

Source : articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...

The actual satellite fell to earth in September of 1980.

I think we have to try and cast ourselves back to those days of the early 1980s right through until the end of the century. Things like satellites burning up, meteorites etc. were fairly difficult to verify. Even for astronomers. Tracking down this information would have taken a lot of man hours and a lot of time searching for contacts and leads to get at all the information that would lead to what went on. So I would guess that the downed satellite idea came about with some vivid imagination but was inspired by the Cosmos 749 story in a newspaper or magazine.

Today we can do a search for information on a computer. For most of the 20th century you would have to visit libraries, purchase books and magazines and make plenty of phone calls to get the information you wanted. That could also take weeks and months and eat up resources. Tall tales were much easier to spread back then.

But the question is why were APEN and this mysterious scientist trying to knock Jenny Randles off course (if not a Soviet satellite!)?

edit on 18/6/16 by mirageman because: mucking furds wuddled

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you remember HOTOL? Dr Bond was one of the key people behind this and is still working on new types of rocket engine.

What is interesting is that his academic papers are fairly evenly split between jet / rocket propulsion and extrateresstrial life!!

How Dr Bond could believe a specific type of nuclear reactor satellite was brought down in a controlled rentry THEN he believed it had the capability to intelligently fly around the woods is mind boggling!!

For a rational engineer / scientist I find this totally implausible that he could have ever entertained this. Even more so, telling Jenny Randles not to persue it or she would end up at the bottom of the Thames.

Why would he share the same view as APEN? Why did both approach Jenny Randles? Why the same story as uncovered by Greg Bishop for the Bennewitz affair?

Working with Dot Street and Brenda Butler - Randles produced the excellent Skycrash and she returned to form with her recent RFI Fortean series. Although the stated aims of that series did change, perhaps due to this thread.

Between those two times, though she was thoroughly thrown off track and Id look squarely at Alan Bond / APEN theory.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I am going to start looking back at the 'early days' of the 1980s when the story first began to break.

Here's just a small taster from International UFO Reporter No.9

The incident is reported as 30th December and reported by a farmer (this was often repeated in other sources). Even back then the dates were being confused. Was it all just confusion and bad memories?

Second question. I've seen the report of an A-10 overflying the forest the day after the incident and finding radiation traces. In a number of sources. The A-10 is a basic. but highly effective, tankbuster aircraft. Would it have any sort of air to ground radiation detection system?

edit on 18/6/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I vaguely remember HOTOL. His advice to Randles is rather strange as well.

The Bennewitz case does have interesting parallels. Richard Doty the AFOSI special agent involved with it all is also suspected of creating the mythology of MJ-12.

I don't know if you are aware of researcher Alejandro Rojas? He tried to action a FOI case against Doty and his story of breaking and entering Bennewitz's property and falsifying 'official documents.

Majestic 12: A UFO Disinformation Scandal

We hear whispers of similar things with Rendlesham witnesses and also possibly disinformation being created and passed on.

It makes me wonder.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I wasn't aware of Rojas. You're right about the parallels with the breakins. I'd not seen that before.

Over the last month we've seen Penniston's story be severely undermined. The same with Warren.

What about Halt's story? Are aspects of what he says or denies also built on quicksand?
edit on 18-6-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Jenny has written about Vince Thirkettles super sized gold nugget in a letter in this months Fortean Times.

The man is a marvel!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That sounds like a stroke of luck?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I thought it would be great to find something like that but apparently its classed as treasure trove and property of the Govt.

At least he got in the papers.

Funnily enough, in her column she also writes about MIB, although not strictly break-ins.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Which issue is this?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Issue 342 July 2016.
Not sure when the shops get it but subscribers get them in the post a couple of days early.
Don't know about the online version I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaveBowman
The events at RFI could have served as testing the physical and psychological vulnerabilities of a nuclear base. While as proof of concept of potential use with an actual physical assault on a nuclear facility.

Nuclear proliferation is already spreading to nations in unstable areas of the world. Even nuclear power plants being taken hostage is not unmanageable in today's world.

Regarding governments and psyops I site chapter 8 in Frank B. Salisbury's book " The Utah UFO Display" as a critical look at the petri dish popularly called the Skin Walker Ranch. Blue orbs the least of the strangeness reported.

Yep. Multifaceted testing. Full-spectrum in a sense. That's how it fits for me. Security-Psychological-Non-Lethal Weaponry. With that overlay--and including all aspects--it fits rather snugly. What it's become since then is hard to say. A mongrel for sure.

Legendary first Commanding Officer of the Navy Seals Richard Marcinko would probably know some about operations like this if it was one. He's made some interesting comments here and there about penetration testing.

Also, and I wish I had more time to go back and dig this stuff up, but the British have probably understood best and earliest the weaponization possibilities inherent in understanding UAP/EM/ball lightning/plasmas, etc. Nick Redfern has written some on it and maybe Pilkington too.

Aliens/Interdimensionals, Hysteria, or something along the lines of The Above. Those are pretty much the choices.

edit on 19-6-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join