It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Mr Benn, the inspiration for Quantum Leap. That is gold.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I've found a lot of recorded sightings in the Yorkshire / Lancashire area - from 1977 -1980, that involve orange orbs. Some involve quarries as well, and I think these may have been responsible for some of the mystery helicopter sightings.

I don't have time now but will share later.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That just made my day!
Mary, Mungo and Midge.
Inspired.

Didn't realise Tom Baker started that early on. Been a Doctor watcher for as long as I can remember. Odd that I never really got the Trekkie thing.

I'm guessing again here KPB but that's also what I meant by presenting as a familiar object. Perhaps it wasn't having fun with you but trying not to alarm you?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Well I am completely digressing here but you must see the glaring similarities between "Mr. Benn and Quantum Leap" (two quality series for differing age groups). Believe it or not there is also an episode of "Benn" that was written but felt too controversial by the BBC to be made into a TV episode. "123456789 Benn " in which he becomes a convict. Maybe that's why they made "Porridge" instead.

Perhaps we could revive the series where he walks into see that rather camp looking shopkeeper he always visited, don a USAFE uniform and investigate a UFO incident in Suffolk "Mr. Benndelsham" or "Mr. Benn Tworters"

I'll get me coat...........
edit on 29/4/16 by mirageman because: coat now soaked with all this bloody weird weather we're having

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

I've found a lot of recorded sightings in the Yorkshire / Lancashire area - from 1977 -1980, that involve orange orbs. Some involve quarries as well, and I think these may have been responsible for some of the mystery helicopter sightings.

I don't have time now but will share later.

Before I get me coat.

There is also UFO landing story from Yorkshire in the mid 1980s (I think) but I can't remember where I read about it. I'll see if I can dig it out as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I'm trying to get "it" to start presenting as the "Stay Puft marshmallow man" (who would never hurt me).

I'm sick of "it" presenting as UFOs, which "it" is not and never has been.

But "it's" not a Ghostbusters fan apparently.

Kev

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes, keep him in mind and try not to think of anything else!!!

It may not be a fan of Ghostbusters but I'm sure its to blame for more than one or two ghost sightings. Perhaps it thinks it'll blend in and not cause a scene by putting its head under its arm and walking through a wall.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

"Stay Puft marshmallow man"

I am honestly dying of laughter, Kevin. I mean really tearing up and laughing.

You realize: We have been doing this # so long that your bull# can now be classified as an "old chestnut".

Thanks, Man. Much love. Sleep well.

Love,

Dan.

edit on 30-4-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The incident has occurred 22nd of February - and the following is a brief description:

Two 14 year old girls were on steep slopes in Meanwood, sledging the in the snow during a dark evening at 6.45pm. Suddenly they saw a bank of green and red lights above them, and assumed it was a helicopter. However, the lights disappeared and a loud whining noise was heard. Details of this encounter can also be found in Timothy Good's Above Top secret on page 72.

22nd of February 1979 would've been at the height of Yorkshire Rippers notoriety in that area so I do wonder what kind of families would let their 14 year old girls out on their own after dark.
Most (none working) women were indoors cowering come darkness.

Maybe these girls just wanted some (obviously lacking) attention??

The Yorkshire UFO landing might be the Ilkley Moor Link alien??
Dont put much stock in this claim either.

Dont want to derail this (good) thread any further but in terms of Yorkshire UFO's matching the description , did you see this thread- one ATS'er goes to extraordinary lengths in explaining the shape.

edit on 30-4-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

It's the quality of the descriptions, landing marks in the soil, carbon and drawings that make me think it's authentic.

Thanks for the share, I'll check it out now

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

We don't see formula one cars in the air, Lego, unicorns or other assorted happy memories. If it's attempt to be friendly it's a bad attempt and one that only uses scifi tropes. If it's an attempt at stealth why not stick with helicopters and passenger jets. Or why not just be a cloud.

Whatever the phenomena is, it likes to be seen, wants to be see or can't avoid being seen.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

To other matters. Here's a couple of videos of Larry Warren talking about the letter he sent to his own mum on 6th Jan 1981.

Whether it constitutes as hard proof is debatable. But again I'll let you all judge yourselves.

That letter is published in LAEG, p 64-65.

Larry wrote it on January 6. Now supposedly by then he had been a witness to the third night, abducted to an underground facility, drugged, and threatened. Yet he feels free to write his mom everything about the first night of events. He even tells her:

At that same time, me and five other guys were walking up a dark path about 2 miles from base. […] Then we saw a bright light go right over us at about 50 ft up and just fly over a field. It was silent.

He got the rest of the story about the first night from friends on the base who heard the events unfolding on their radios.

A bit strange to write about this event and even expose yourself as a witness to the first night when you have just been heavily mistreated for a week because you tried to tell your mom about UFO’s over the phone…

But it gets even stranger: He never ever mentions the third night in this letter yet in that same letter promises to tell her everything as soon as he gets home, in a PS.

PS Ma, when I get home I’ll tell you the truth about the UFO. I can’t in the mail, they read it!

This PS is used in LEAG to save his story. So it should be there in the original letter. It is visible in the video, at 2:28.

However, it is clearly in a different handwriting. So it may have been added much later (handwriting styles drift with age). This begs the question: Was the PS present in the original letter at all?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

We don't see formula one cars in the air, Lego, unicorns or other assorted happy memories. If it's attempt to be friendly it's a bad attempt and one that only uses scifi tropes. If it's an attempt at stealth why not stick with helicopters and passenger jets. Or why not just be a cloud.

Whatever the phenomena is, it likes to be seen, wants to be see or can't avoid being seen.

Occasionally.

I can't explain. Maybe it only does it when it wants to communicate?
Or maybe only when it wants you to think its an advanced, futuristic craft.
I have no way of checking if a helicopter is real when it flies over. It may look and sound real but how would I know?
We are going on a tangent really because I'm thinking more about single person sightings with high strangeness involved.
We have to believe Penniston when he tells us about his communication with It.

I've heard some "communication events" that sound kind of believable and some that don't.

...and everyone knows that Unicorns can't fly!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

I am also uncertain that letter is proof of much. I think it's Larry Warren's (and also Gary Heseltine's) 'binary code' if you like. Something dating back to 1980 and a selling point for a speaking engagement or TV show..

Whether there is anything of real value to be gleaned from it. Well I'm not sure.

But it gets even stranger: He never ever mentions the third night in this letter yet in that same letter promises to tell her everything as soon as he gets home, in a PS.

" PS Ma, when I get home I’ll tell you the truth about the UFO. I can’t in the mail, they read it!["

This PS is used in LEAG to save his story. So it should be there in the original letter. It is visible in the video, at 2:28.

However, it is clearly in a different handwriting. So it may have been added much later (handwriting styles drift with age). This begs the question: Was the PS present in the original letter at all?

That is a great spot Guest101. I never noticed it.

Just in case the video suddenly disappears I have taken a screenshot for posterity. That way everyone can still see it now or at a later date. So it's clear as possible I have used a contrast enhancement on it as well.

Compressing it down to a smaller size also means losing some of the resolution so you'll need to click the 'thumbnail' below to see it at full size and what Guest101 means about the change in writing styles.

edit on 30/4/16 by mirageman because: formatting

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

The Yorkshire UFO landing might be the Ilkley Moor alien?? Dont put much stock in this claim either.

No, the Ilkley Moor alien was thought to be an insurance salesman pushing a bike. Although I think I may have confused the date of the incident with that one.

I've found the original story now and it actually dates back to the summer of 1980.

UFOs in Normanton, Wakefield: Aliens or from nearer to home?

THREE mysterious figures dressed in silver suits were seen in a field in Normanton before taking off in a “dull grey” object shaped like a “Mexican hat”.

....an account in Normanton by Joyce Westerman and her six children, including Sandra, eight.

“Joyce ran outside and saw, just a matter of a few hundred yards away, in the fields adjacent to her house, an object on the ground, described as being dull grey in colour, and had the appearance of a Mexican hat.

“Around the object stood three very tall ‘men’, all of who appeared to be dressed in silver suits.

“These ‘men’ seemed to be pointing a dark instrument at the ground. The children and Mrs Westerman made their way over the field, towards this object, and stopped at a fence.

“The ‘men’ walked to the rear of the object and it rose vertically, stopped in mid-air, and then shot off at an angle at a high rate of speed. Needless to say, they were speechless.”

Source : Wakefield Express

I am sure there is a more detailed version in a British UFO magazine as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I wonder, while we're looking at older cases, if the case of Denise Bishop was in any way connected?
Some bare bones here...

Plymouth, Devon, UK.
10th September 1981.
11.15pm.

Coming home and at the back door of her house, she looked up and saw a "huge UFO" with several difuse light beams coming down in pastel shades of pink, purple and white.
She had her hand on the door handle and a pencil thin "rod" of lime green light came down on her hand. She was frozen for a few seconds and, once mobile again, looked up to see the UFO disappear.
Later on the dog sniffed at her hand where the light had touched and it started to sting.
Within 36 hours of the event she was interviewed by an investigator who photographed the mark on her hand.
The mark was still visible 3 months later.

This one definitely wasn't Mr Benn so maybe the aliens took their light beam experiments down South for a while. The eighties were a busy time it seems.

Adding. The case was quite well covered at the time and was included in a lot of books because of the nice photo of her by the door along with a picture of the burnt hand.

What I really can't find is any kind of description of this "huge UFO" and what's even more infuriating is that no one thought to ask what went through her mind while she was frozen for a short time!!!
She said she was scared when she saw the thing at first but no hint of a message or anything.
She also didn't go all mystic and new agey and seek the limelight to spread the news.
Just went on as normal.
Heyho.

edit on 30-4-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

edit on 30-4-2016 by Tulpa because: Again

edit on 30-4-2016 by Tulpa because: I'm slow today

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

When I had the BTUFO encounter, I 100% did NOT want to see a "UFO", as I know with high certainty that there are no UFOs around Earth at this time, just UAPs. So of course the Phenomenon had to jerk my chain and parade those fake UFO past me.

I think that the Phenomenon is every bit as cranky, contrary and crazy as humans.

We try to understand it in terms of logic, but perhaps just like humans...its not that logical. And of course cross-species communication is never easy.

Kev
edit on 30-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I have no answers. I agree with all you've been saying as far as crazy goes. The more different ideas, the better. I can't really rule out anything along those lines.

However. I've spent the day reading from page one again in order to avoid anymore embarrassing repetition. All I can say is Mirageman has to have the patience of a saint to keep on providing stuff for dorks like me who missed it first time round.
In my defence, I do recall speeding through some of the more hostile content and argumentative posts.

It has brought to mind one or two things that I need to check up on before posting. One thing I did wonder about is the alleged cloudbuster. What could LW have seen that might resemble one? I can't think of anything off the top of my head but is there any relation to any of the non-lethal, crowd control, sonic weapons? I've seen one mounted on a boat that was a flattish discish thing but what did early models or testing equipment look like?
Anyone?

Off to do some checking up.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The Denise Bishop case is unfortunately one that includes her as the solitary witness and the burn mark seems to have been very precise. I remember it because I did a small write up about it a few years ago.

The object was unlit, and a dark metallic grey, but coming from underneath it and shining down on the rooftops beneath it were six or seven broad shafts of light. These were lovely pastel shades of pink and purple, and there was also white. I saw all this in an instant, and I was terrified. I hurriedly reached for the door, but as I put my hand on the handle, from the unlit side of the craft a lime green coloured pencil beam of light came down and hit the back of my hand. As soon as it touched my hand I couldn’t move but was stopped dead in my tracks. The beam stayed on my hand for at least thirty seconds, in which time I could only stand and watch the UFO. I was very frightened, although the UFO was a fantastic sight to see.

Bishop describes the green beam was like a rod of light that switched off. She opened the back door and says the whole incident was as if a film had been stopped and then continued as she continued with the movement before she felt frozen

Source: Flying Saucer Review 1983 V28 N3

Now I don't know if she stood at the door like she did in the photo above. I'd think you would possibly be facing the door, especially if you were using a key. But the angles involved to burn her hand where that mark is don't seem quite tight to me.....Not only that she didn't seek medical help as she was leaving for a holiday in Canada!

However, that reminded me of Bagshot Heath Encounter in 1985.

To cut a long story short the main witness David McMurray saw a UFO on two occasions. He returned home on the second occasion and transcribed a strange message. Now I happen to believe Penniston's binary message is bunk.

But this one has an eerie similarity. And with all these supposed message from 'others' does not tell us anything about who, or why they may be here.

EPSOLON> Planet location 12th quadrant. Primary function GUARDIANS of Planets. Watching Earth since 12 BC Man’s development up to early 19th Century almost nil > Key people located on Earth early 1990; development up to date increasing by 50% : - still have not basic ?????? practice > Warlike which will not be tolerated > Still divided on the idea of one supreme ruler > Will continue to watch and instruct. Key people onto the rate of advancement. Recommend that the advancement be realized as to the nature of their planet and that they are allowed to continue at the 50% rate rather than to give them full co-operation.

Click 'thumbnail' below to see the original.

edit on 1/5/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't know if the incessant but worthless "alien messages" are so vauge because the person "receiving the message" has a poor imagination and little background in science (that's option 1 and likely) or (option 2: confidence men and professional liars generally lead with their weakness...meaning that the "aliens" are nothing of the sort and actually want to harm the Earth not help it).

Either way, every "message received" has been worthless at a minimum if not actually harmful.

Kpb

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join