It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Glad to hear it!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Off topic but my Mum is doing very well indeed....

That's fantastic news. I'm sure you and your family are all mightily relieved and doing everything they can to help your mum recover.

Anyway picking up on a few things already mentioned:

The satellite being brought down sounds sort of plausible if you haven't spent much time studying this case. But why would it be still out in the woods 3 night later? Where was it on Boxing Day morning when the police went out to the 'landing site'...No I don't buy it.

Cloudbusting? No that one doesn't really make sense either...This is Britain, it rains all the bloody time somewhere on this green and pleasant land.

But those blue balls of light are quite intriguing at Rendlesham.

To other matters. Here's a couple of videos of Larry Warren talking about the letter he sent to his own mum on 6th Jan 1981.

The sound is particularly patchy on the 2nd one.

Whether it constitutes as hard proof is debatable. But again I'll let you all judge yourselves.

edit on 28/4/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Whether it constitutes as hard proof is debatable

haven't got time to watch the second link now, but i can't see how you could be sure that the date on the letter is when it was actually written

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Thanks again MM.
Please don't throw things if this has been covered already but I was watching UFOs and the Military Elite on DVD and at 24.30 approx. The RFI segment starts. It has a comment from a Sgt Robert Ball. This is all he says..."We could see branches up to an inch and a half to two inches in diameter which had been either knocked completely off, or bent downward".

Has he had anything else to say? Or do I need to go back to earlier posts to show my memory where the holes are starting? Burroughs, Halt and Cabansag also give comments and they all look very young!
Not sure when that film was made but for those who haven't seen it, its worth a look.

It also contains footage of the earlier formation of lights seen at the start of the Phoenix lights event and some footage from the battle of LA. Very briefly.
(Allegedly).

edit on 29-4-2016 by Tulpa because: Allegedly

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I've found something that I consider rather significant whilst trawling through old literature. The following was published in July 1979, by the Birdsall brothers and relates a UFO account that occurred in Meanwood, a suburb in north Leeds (I believe the location is very relevant'

The incident has occurred 22nd of February - and the following is a brief description:

Two 14 year old girls were on steep slopes in Meanwood, sledging the in the snow during a dark evening at 6.45pm. Suddenly they saw a bank of green and red lights above them, and assumed it was a helicopter. However, the lights disappeared and a loud whining noise was heard. Details of this encounter can also be found in Timothy Good's Above Top secret on page 72.

The craft that landed was:

- Egg shaped and grey
- About the size of a small car
- Had two small fins

As the girls ran away, the craft lifted off and proceeded further up the slope and landed again.

When the Birdsal's investigated they found 2 E shaped indentations on the slope.

I'd like to suggest that the craft:
- May have been more of rounded pyramid shape than egg (they are similar though)
- We know the craft had lights at the bottom
- We know the craft was grey and the size of a small car
- The 'fins' are the standout part of this report from February 79
- The E shapes also contained crushed carbon - I believe that the e shaped indentation can be described best as a tripod dragging across the ground during the landing and take off.

This craft is very close to what Larry Warren describes. I'd put down the slight differences to natural variations in description or that this craft was a slightly earlier variant of the Warren craft.

Warren describes small 'delta's or fins on his craft, again a very unusual feature to make up. They sound like control surfaces for a craft that is designed to operate (at least partly) in an atmosphere.

I think that leaves just two options for this case:

- That this craft is the basis of false myth / rumour / hypnotic suggestion
- That this craft is either the same or an early variation of what was seen at Rendlesham

If this is an early variation - then it suggests there were iterations. That in of itself is very revealing. If it's the same craft, that means it spent a year hanging around the UK. At least.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

That crushed carbon sure came off pretty easily. Doesn't sound much like
reinforced titanium hull or something sturdier.

For a craft dodging black holes and crossing the Universe, that doesn't sound
like very sturdy construction.

(simply suggesting that the craft was one of your typical "materialized" or
"dripping" sorts quite probably). Or an exotic human-manufactured fake
of course.. but one would think that the government would have better
things to do, than to scare two 14 year-old girls.

Which would mean of course, that the "craft" might have Earth as it's home
and it might be permanently loitering around all the time, not just a year.

Kev
edit on 29-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I wonder if someone could put up a picture of the Who mobile? Dr Whos hover car from the Jon Pertwee days.
It really was a working car and Pertwee owned it himself even though it was commissioned for the show.
Its been on my mind for a while but have a look and see what you think.
Fits the UK sci-fi / UFO profile.
Imagine it all lit up and see how you might describe it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I'm beginning to think that the Broadhaven, Westall, and this case involve children because if anyone is going to see your craft - make it children, people won't believe them.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I wonder if someone could put up a picture of the Who mobile? Dr Whos hover car from the Jon Pertwee days.
It really was a working car and Pertwee owned it himself even though it was commissioned for the show.
Its been on my mind for a while but have a look and see what you think.
Fits the UK sci-fi / UFO profile.
Imagine it all lit up and see how you might describe it.

As Mirageman pointed out, many times "these encounters" seem to be based on the
APPEARANCE of human technology 20 years in the future.. or I think, are sometimes
taken from our minds, based on TV shows even.

For example, the BTUFO which I experienced chose as one of the 4 total forms it
had, a craft from an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation. I"m certain that's
where it came from.

I personally don't think that these UAP even HAVE a base or real physical form
per se. Though why they seem to like to start as BTUFO or end up that way
is a valid question... I'd wager they are imitating some craft being designed
by humans, that won't be out for 20 years.

So... I'm not getting off-topic.. I'm saying that MAYBE those 2 girls DID see "the Who mobile" per se.

It would be near to track those ladies down and ask them whether they were fans of the show then.

Kev
edit on 29-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

I'm beginning to think that the Broadhaven, Westall, and this case involve children because if anyone is going to see your craft - make it children, people won't believe them.

Children have a less-atrophied imagination than adults.

I'd wager that's why.

These UAP tap into the minds of those who experience them, it's pretty obvious.

But now that we have all been pumped full of Ancient Aliens, etc.,
our imaginations are working again, and are "primed".

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I have to ask, which craft? I'm hoping you'll say a bird of prey.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Nope.

It was the episode where 1 man with Q-like powers (but wasn't a Q probably) was trying to scare the enterprise away with this menacing indestructible ship. It was just the one guy, his house, and his "wife" on a dead planet. The wife was actually a simulation.

A bird of prey would have been cooler!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

haven't got time to watch the second link now, but i can't see how you could be sure that the date on the letter is when it was actually written

Larry has has the original envelope with a military postmark date 7th Jan 1981.

However I was thinking more along the lines of the content of the letter. Warren had already been exposed to all the goings on the week before. So what he tells his mother in that letter is not necessarily proof of anything happening the way he says it does.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Bob Ball appears in this edition of "Sightings" a show from the 1990s that was on Sky One in the UK & Ireland.
He's the guy talking about 3:08 into the video. It also mentions 'film' that Halt had was taken to USAFE HQ in Germany!

He also appears briefly in the CCN special around 10:45 and again about 13:30 and 16:00 (where he claims they say flying objects that maybe contained other people or other lifeforms). It also seems that this episode mentions that film was taken away from the base of the incident)

Bob Ball also appeared in the Unsolved Mysteries episode "Bentwaters UFO" but I can't find a copy at the moment that's on Youtube. He's describes a series of objects in the sky making what he felt was a grid search of some kind in that one.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I didn't remember this but here is one of the few colour pics

Hint: if you can't be arsed uploading and posting pics from your own PC first then the easy way to do it is to copy the full URL of the image location off the net and then add this to your post.

[ats ]imagelocation[ /ats]

So for the picture above I added

[ats ]http://www.envoiturecarine.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/whomobile.jpg[ /ats]

NB I've added space (otherwise the picture would appear above again). However there must be no spaces at all when you add a picture like this.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Rightio. Just checking. Not paying enough attention. The stars of the show take all the limelight. The usual suspects I should say. Sorry about the picture but I'm using a phone.

KPB
That's kind of what I meant. I think the Whomobile first appeared in the mid to late seventies and probably did look pretty futuristic. Big fins and a steam iron shape. If that image was already in their minds, might something similar be projected by whatever it is that's contacting them?
The special effects where awful blue (green?) screen projections but the car did occasionally "fly".
edit on 29-4-2016 by Tulpa because: re picture

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think the Whomobile first appeared in the mid to late seventies and probably did look pretty futuristic

Actually Tom Baker took over as Dr. Who in 1974 so the Pertwee mobile was more like early 1970s. Which explains why I don't remember it. I was still watching Mr.Benn (the inspiration for Quantum Leap) and Mary, Mungo and Midge around that time!

ETA: If you are using a phone then I don't think I'd bother trying to upload pics. Too much hassle.
edit on 29/4/16 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I think that leaves just two options for this case:
- That this craft is the basis of false myth / rumour / hypnotic suggestion
- That this craft is either the same or an early variation of what was seen at Rendlesham

I wouldn't rule anything out. However there is also the possibility that there was actually no physical craft at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You mean the Survivors?

This is the ship from that episode

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yah:

www.imdb.com...

it also turned into a Gu'old Mother ship and a Borg cube.

I have been LOATHE to admit that.

That thing was really having fun at my expense.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join