It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: Guest101

He has explained a few times on camera that the tapes are only twenty minutes long. He was starting and stopping the record function periodically to "make notes" as it were.

I've always wondered if he flipped it over and kept recording but we only have side one in the public arena?

We can only accept what we're given. All the starting and stopping of the tape makes it fantastically easy to miss bits out while making a copy.
It would be virtually impossible to say that the complete contents are known.

The Halt Tape is possibly the most important piece of evidence from the incident. However the content of it far from a running commentary of events. Halt has said that he often took the recorder with him on his patrols of the base to record any notes for when he returned to his desk. So that makes it plausible that he would stop and start the tape when necessary.

Is there really only 17/18 min. of recording from the 4 or 5 hours of his walkabout around the forest? It feels like there is a big gap when the supposed UFO landing takes place and it fails to offer any corroboration of Larry Warren's story or Burroughs encounter with 'the light'.

* Did those events not actually take place?
* Was Halt not there at the time they did?
* Did he fail to record any audio as these strange events unfolded?
* Or did Halt (or someone else) edit the tape just in case it got out into the wild?

We don't know.

One interesting thing from a radio interview (around 32 min in) : Link

Halt says immediately after the incident he made some tapes to remind himself of the events.

.........not long after the event I sat down ..with a small recorder and recorded everything I knew about it on to a tape. Made many copies, secreted them away several places, just in case somebody did mess with me. And I’ve listened to that tape and you know what? It still tracks.

Halt then completely fails to get the dates and times of the events correct on his infamous Halt memo. A memo in which he reports that the incident(s) occurred over the space of one night.

So I ask you all.

If his record of events was inaccurate with his official USAF memo (written a couple of weeks after the incident) then how accurate a record is that tape?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's kind of my point about the tape.
If we have 17 or so minutes. Halt says 20 but my old Dictaphone used a C36 cassette which makes 18 minutes per side. I used to have trouble getting any other length tapes because they were the most common. I am just assuming that these are the tapes that Halt was using.

The tape made available only accounts for half the available time on the cassette.
Is it an edited down version of the complete recording, leaving out valuable information or is it just one side of the tape?

There's always been rumours that Halt may one day produce some secret bombshell to expose the truth and my guess is that it may be side two of the recording.
Who knows?

We also know that the memo was cobbled together after the fact. I'm pretty sure they had no idea that ever last dot on that page would be studied microscopically for 30 odd years. I reckon he just thought "that'll do...for now" just to cover has ass procedurally speaking.

I'm not sure about the other tapes he made but they sure would be of interest.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

If his record of events was inaccurate with his official USAF memo (written a couple of weeks after the incident) then how accurate a record is that tape?

If he was really giving a play by play account of the events, its about as accurate as that...but completely subjective. its heavy on the drama and very light on anything substantial. But drama sells. The most famous quote is "There is no doubt about it. This is weird!" People get sucked in by that quote as if it means something. I say that on most mornings while pouring my coffee. So its an accurate account of his impression of things taking place while he's recording himself.

HALT: There is no doubt about it – there’s some type of strange flashing red light ahead.
ENGLUND: Sir, it’s yellow.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Maybe Halt is colour blind as well

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

...or the light just changed colour?

The irritating part about the tape is that it only describes the early part of the event from one night.
That's why I ask about the other side. From the story that's been put together from all the parts, the tape stops when things really get bizarre.

Did I say irritating?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl, mirageman

You both raise very valid points, and I have no concrete answers. I'm going so far out on a limb the branch is bending very dangerously. The 1977 Vrillon broadcast interruption I think included:

"All your weapons of evil must be removed. The time for conflict is now past and the race of which you are a part may proceed to the higher stages of its evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this. You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill."

If we "follow along" with this sentence being legitimate, I think the "weapons" would be in the hands of the military, at bases such as Bentwaters (largest stockpile in Europe I think it has been commented somewhere?). That's not to dismiss or diminish the nuclear power stations, the dangers they—or nuclear testing—pose to the environment. But if situations escalate with powers around the world (and around December 1980 tensions were high in the East, as we've explored earlier in this thread Nick Pope alluded to a possible WW3), then we could theoretically move into the realm of destruction on a mass scale.

Wouldn't it just be something though if some of these events happened over bases because the military are better placed to accept the reality of the phenomenon (having had reports through their warning systems, communications, pilot sightings), better interpret the data, organised enough to communicate and catalogue it, and be in a position to enact change at a strategic level ...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Defragmentor

A few observations.

The 1977 Vrillon broadcast interruption I think included:

"All your weapons of evil must be removed. The time for conflict is now past and the race of which you are a part may proceed to the higher stages of its evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this. You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill."

This is one of the things I notice about many 'alien' messages. They are heavy on peace, love and understanding and very, very light on exact details. Throw down your weapons because we say so...or else you won't reach a higher level of spirituality.

It's easy to make these kind of messages up as they appeal to many people. They are also difficult to disprove because they contain no details of where the aliens come from, how their technology works and how and why they arrived on (or close to Earth).

But if situations escalate with powers around the world (and around December 1980 tensions were high in the East, as we've explored earlier in this thread Nick Pope alluded to a possible WW3), then we could theoretically move into the realm of destruction on a mass scale.

I haven't scrutinised this.

But a year earlier on Christmas day the Soviets rolled into Afghanistan. Did any major UFO incidents occur around nuclear weapon bases at the time? Or perhaps in 1968 when the Soviets crushed the Czech "Prague Spring"? Did anything happen in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Or even earlier when the Soviets intervened in Hungary during the 1956 Uprising? These were particular times of heightened tensions between the East and West.

Now personally I don't remember fearing that nuclear war was going to break out during the days of the 'Solidarity' protests in Poland. There was a nervous anticipation that the Soviet war machine was going to roll over the border into Poland to keep a lid on things as it had done in the past. However like I said earlier has "UFOs and Nukes" become a meme? Or have a number of very dangerous incidents occurred that we may not even be aware of?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

...or the light just changed colour?

Maybe, but the nice thing about having a recording like this is that you can refer to it to establish some basic facts. The basic fact here is that there was a light that someone said was red and someone else said was yellow. If it was changing color, I would expect Halt to have said something like "No doubt about it, its changing colors!". what he said was something like "it does have a yellowish tinge". so its really hard to say if it the discrepancy was due to the source or individual perceptions.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What amuses me, is that there is no discernible difference in content between
"channeled messages" purportedly from "mystic masters" and "UFO collectives".

Now one could say that is proof the human imagination is the true source, as both
message types are reflective of an uneducated human mind.

Or of course there is the possibility that the same sort of "lying lifeforms" are
behind both types of messages.. if indeed any lying lifeforms are involved
at all.

Or both.

But in any case, not one single useful 'fact' has ever been conveyed to the
human race, either by "channeling" or "divine inspiration" (religion), at
least IMHO.

If religion, spirituality and "channeling" / UFOs were so wonderful, why
then has the world never received the tiniest tangible benefit of any
kind whatsoever.. but rather instead, all the gargle rot has just made
things worse.

Rather than rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of improving
things, all this mental / emotional programming keeps us prisoner of the
failed thoughts and actions of the past.

Kev

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

True.
I'm playing devils advocate here, though.
It is notoriously easy for a listener to interpret a recorded conversation in their own way. Even more so a transcript.

I'm imagining someone, knowing the tape was running, may have interjected to keep things current. As in "its NOW yellow". It could, on the other hand, have been an outright correction, such as " what the hell do you mean red? Its yellow sir". Tricky isn't it.
Those on the tape had the advantage of all looking at the same thing (we hope) so descriptions of events would seem unnecessary in normal conversation.

I still think its notable, or suspicious, that the tape thats available just happens to be approximately half the length of a tape. We can't really say much with only half the story, can we? I'd be pretty interested to know what's on the other side.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

If religion, spirituality and "channeling" / UFOs were so wonderful, why
then has the world never received the tiniest tangible benefit of any
kind whatsoever.. but rather instead, all the gargle rot has just made
things worse.

Rather than rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of improving
things, all this mental / emotional programming keeps us prisoner of the
failed thoughts and actions of the past

Despite it's ancient origins it is still a very successful business model to this day, Kev.

You can't fool all the people all of the time. But you can certainly fool half the people at half time....or something like that.

Look how many ATS members will quote the tired old cliches of how primitive we humans are, too destructive, too warlike, too dumb to build pyramids and invent fibre optics ourselves. But maybe those violent traits helped humanity survive.

And despite the suppositions of the Unidentified Hairy Phenomenon on Ancient Aliens it's actually likely some of our ancient ancestors were very intelligent people. Enough to get the less bright ones to build things for them.

But still we are stuck with the people that insist we reach a higher level of spirituality before the 'others' will accept us in to Heaven (or Galactic Federation, or whatever).

Anyway to stop this straying off topic Rendlesham was none of those things until Penniston cocked up with his 'binary co-ordinates' for Woodbridge and accidentally found Hi-Brasil. Then he ran with it. Now he's gathered a whole bunch of followers who believe there really is something mystical hidden in that code. Guess what? He's bringing a book out on it.

edit on 17/4/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Penniston is probably the biggest "celebrity" in term of this dog and pony show, right?

I haven't followed Rendlesham that closely.. but hasn't his story evolved quite
drastically over the years?

As I believe I mentioned once earlier, when I met with Jacques Vallee who investigated
this incident to some degree, he claims that he was told that a military filming crew
was dispatched to a certain spot and to "wait" until told to film.

After I heard that, (I can't verify if that's true or not), but I pretty much took Dr. Vallee's
word on that, and have lost all interest in Rendlesham since then.

I very much value the work that you, Isaac Koi and others do, to reveal disinformation..
and you do it so well, I feel no need to do the same.. I'm interested in a very small
number of UAP incidents, which do not APPEAR to be disinformation.

Kev

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

What we can say from the tape is that there are gaps but it does cover the whole period until around 4:00am. Which is still about 4 hours before the sun would be coming up.

0:400 Hours one object still hovering over the Woodbridge base at about 5-10 degrees off the horizon. Still moving erratic and similar lights beaming down as earlier

Prior to that he time checks verbally on tape with intervals at 1:48am, 2:44am, 3:05am, 3:15am.

At 3:30am is famous quote about the beam of light.

Lt. Colonel Halt: Now were observing what appears to be a beam coming down to the ground!
Sgt. Ball: …Colours…shhhh*****

Lt. Colonel Halt: This is unreal!

Then 3:30am

And the objects are still in the sky, although the one to the south looks like it’s losing a little bit of altitude. We’re turning around and heading back toward the base. The object to the…the object to the south is still beaming down lights to the ground.

Finally at 4:00am

0:400 Hours one object still hovering over the Woodbridge base at about 5-10 degrees off the horizon. Still moving erratic and similar lights beaming down as earlier

Full transcript : Halt Tape transcript

It's hard to say if it's edited as it was made available to UFO researchers around 1984 by Halt's successor Sam Morgan.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Penniston is probably the biggest "celebrity" in term of this dog and pony show, right? I haven't followed Rendlesham that closely.. but hasn't his story evolved quite drastically over the years?

Yes. It's all in the thread. Penniston cannot even stay consistent with his own story,

As I believe I mentioned once earlier, when I met with Jacques Vallee who investigated this incident to some degree, he claims that he was told that a military filming crew was dispatched to a certain spot and to "wait" until told to film.

I am not sure even Vallee's source is right on that one. That fits in with Larry Warren's story of events but not Halt's or John Burroughs' who were also present (if not directly in the same area as Warren).

I very much value the work that you, Isaac Koi and others do, to reveal disinformation..

Sometimes people avoid the glaringly obvious truth.
The problem is (especially in the USA) that there are too many people financially dependent on preserving a mythology. No UFO case can be explained away as something 'ordinary' because then all cases are vulnerable and many "UFO-tainers" tend to specialize in only one or two cases. Kill their case and you kill their income.

Whereas clearing the chaff away would mean we can then look at the

.......... very small number of UAP incidents, which do not APPEAR to be disinformation.

And that's where I agree with you Kev.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I suppose that when there are multiple witnesses, with wildly varying motives, preconceptions and what not, then even a good investigator (such as Jacques Vallee) might have gained access to one set of facts / witness that he found credible, while others get "insider access" to a different witness.

Then, over time, as the human mind tries to make sense of confusing stimuli and incidents, there is a tendency to confabulate a little bit, so eventually it's nearly impossible to make definitive sense of a story, once enough time passes.

Kev

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

True.
I'm playing devils advocate here, though.
It is notoriously easy for a listener to interpret a recorded conversation in their own way. Even more so a transcript.

I'm imagining someone, knowing the tape was running, may have interjected to keep things current. As in "its NOW yellow". It could, on the other hand, have been an outright correction, such as " what the hell do you mean red? Its yellow sir". Tricky isn't it.
Those on the tape had the advantage of all looking at the same thing (we hope) so descriptions of events would seem unnecessary in normal conversation.

All very good points whoever's advocate you are... So would you say that the information on the tape is ambiguous? How much value should we place on this tape if that's the case? To me its at least something that can be examined which is better than nothing.

I still think its notable, or suspicious, that the tape thats available just happens to be approximately half the length of a tape. We can't really say much with only half the story, can we? I'd be pretty interested to know what's on the other side.

I was curious about this...so I started looking at microcassettes and their lengths. I couldn't find any that were 40 minutes but lots of 60 minute ones with 30 minutes each side. I was actually looking for a 20 minute tape with 10 minutes per side but that didn't seem to exist. Then I came across this

edit on 17-4-2016 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2016 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Thank you for posting that link!

I read down thru the rest of the book (not all the pages are included) - there are some interesting bits and pieces that I don't remember ever seeing anywhere, though nothing conclusive of course...

I thought the bit where the author talks about realizing (having read so many of them) that a lot of military reports refer to "unidentified helicopters" as opposed to using the term 'UFO' in unexplained cases of aerial 'phenomena' --

-- On that note, I want to include something here regarding my earlier post on 'UFOs interest in our nuclear weapons vs nuclear power plants':
I can't believe I forgot that I actually have a theory about the above
...Okay, just supposing that ET really has been 'visiting' our nuclear weapons facilities -

- Maybe it's nothing to do with caring whether we irradiate the planet to death - maybe they were only shutting them down to ensure their own safety, so that they wouldn't get blown up 'while' checking out our weapons capabilities?

edit on 17-4-2016 by lostgirl because: to add my 'theory'

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Then, over time, as the human mind tries to make sense of confusing stimuli and incidents, there is a tendency to confabulate a little bit, so eventually it's nearly impossible to make definitive sense of a story, once enough time passes.

Kev

Also Chinese whispers at work here.What starts out as 'Send reinforcements we're going to advance' ends up as 'Send three and fourpence,we're going to a dance'.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Cheers.
Still trying to get a copy of that book. Unfortunately, I can't read that passage on my phone.

I dug out some old junk this morning. I got rid of my old Dictaphone but theres an old Philips P281 in my drawer and the cassette is a C30 making 15 minutes per side.

I think its fair to say that I'm wrong as far as the tapes go. There's more on the market than I'm familiar with. The length of the public tape must be just a coincidence with what I thought would've been the most common tapes I knew of.
Oh well.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Vallee's source also matches with Bustinza's account of seeing cameras (although he was unsure if they were still, video or film). I believe there was someone else who witnessed the camera setups but I can't remember who.

I have a few thoughts regarding Vallee's theory of virtual reality projectors:

- Either Black lights were placed around encounter zone or if the surface panels of the vehicle were self illuminating
- The massive amounts of UV caused the 'arc eye' Warren suffered from
- The transition from red light to craft was achieved through the use of a flash bang
- The aspirin tablet mist, was artificial and used to create a 'projection screen' - (this is why the craft is described as looking snowy)

Personally, I don't believe in this theory, although if you isolate Warren's encounter, it does seem plausible on its own. As such, I consider this carefully crafted disinformation.

The Source Of The Disinformation?

The following is from Nick Redfern regarding Ray Boche's own encounter with insiders claiming virtual reality.

When I interviewed Boeche about this in 2007, he told me with respect to his DoD informants: “I found it interesting that they would mention Rendlesham at the meeting. They said there was a sense that this was maybe, in some sense, staged. Or that some of the senior people there were more concerned with the reaction of the men – how they responded to the situation, rather than what was actually going on. That this was some sort of psychotronic device, a hologram, to see what sort of havoc they can wreak with people. But even if it was a type of hologram, they said it could interact with the environment. The tree marks and the pod marks at the landing site were indications of that. But how can you have a projected thing like a hologram that also has material, physical capabilities? They wouldn’t elaborate on this.”

It's interesting to note some of Nick's own whistleblowers and theories:

- The Sandman. Who tells us that secret UFO organisation APEN was full of right wing types - and that a fake "APEN" was created. This "APEN" targeted Randles and Rendlesham - claiming it to be a Brown Bear (Soviet Satellite)
- In his book, Final Events, Nick cites another whistleblower who claims that the true source of the UFO phenomena is demonic. Interestingly, this was supposedly the view held by prominent people who left UK ufology during the APEN days

The virtual reality system is expanded upon in this book, as being the result of attempting to harness demonic powers!

Recap:
- Jacques Vallée speaks of a virtual reality system
- Ray Boche is told of a virtual reality system with physical properties and also a demonic aspect
- Nick Redfern 'reveals' the connection between the UFO coverup and demonic entities

At the one extreme we have a purely technological holographic and psychotronic device. At the other, we have a demonically powered / summoned spectre.

Whilst I haven't checked the dates - I'd suspect that all these 'virtual reality' theories can be traced back to a date that is post 1986.

Why post 1986?

Star Trek: The Next Generation
The holodeck presented in this TV show create holograms that, when required to interact with substances can also become temporarily solid.

What about the demon holographic theory?
See 1991's Devils Due episode, (based on an screenplay written for Star Trek in 1970s - which can be traced back to a Gene Roddenberry story proposal for Star Trek in the 1960s). A character claiming to be the devil is revealed to be an alien with some cobbled together cloaking, tractor beam and holographic technology.

Please note I'm not saying that RFI didn't happen, I'm just stating that I believe it's fairly easy to trace a common thread of recycled Star Trek scripts and ideas throughout the RFI. As such, I'd consider all of these intentional disinformation.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join