It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I can answer this with first hand information. I talked to John Burroughs face to face in the spring of 2012. He did tell me that he tried to get his medical records released and that the VA doctor was denied and told to treat for symptoms because his medical records were not going to be release they were top secret or part of a top secret operation or something to that fact. Sorry that part of the conversation is not exact but it was along those lines. McCain's office was doing what they could and then told to stand down by some pretty high up people and that's all I want to say about that as John can speak for himself and I do not want to get myself in trouble with John as we are still friends and I don't want to disrespect him nor do I want the people ticked off at me who told McCain to stand down. Yes I am still fearful of the repercussions about this incident. I think they just want to have us al let this sleeping dog lay...

A side note with Obama care as it is I will be going to the VA for my insurance and I am wondering what they will say about my records as well. I will keep this site posted about that issue.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

This is exactly what Larry had told me a few weeks after the incident. Dang near word for word. He may be a bit of a loon in some peoples eyes but he did say this to me and told me this story as you posted it. it was right after the incident. he confided in me about this only after I had my incident and he wanted to talk to me about it because I too saw something, he was disturbed when he told e this and I did not at the time get the feeling he was lying. Was he messed with I think that is a big possibility. Larry has had a bit of trouble dealing with al this and I think it messed his life up a bit. When I was at his first wedding in Connecticut we talked to Larry Faucett (sic?) about this as well. that was about 1986 I think because I had already gone and fought in Nicaragua with the Contras (early 1985) which was another subject we talked about.

Note that one way that is easy to debunk a story is to get those involved telling conflicting stories. Then all involved look like liars and are therefore unreliable. It would make sense that if someone did not want this to come out for the truth it was then all involved would have been messed with or at least enough people to make the others look like fools.

If you read "You can't tell the people" you know I went through extreme measures to get of that base and out of the Air Force for fear of my well being. It was not because I did not like the Air Force. I in fact loved it and was happy to be a part of it all. Was I home sick you bet but I was not so home sick I felt the need to run home to mommy. I felt the need to get off that base because I confirmed I was being followed and after Larry told me he was taken I wanted no part of that and did what I felt I needed to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I can confirm we were not allowed to have our weapons other than transporting ourselves from base to be, outside the perimeter of the base. IN one incident I had with a person outside wood bridges main gate who seemed to be looking at a electronic devise which we felt (I called my supervisor over) the Sgt went off base but left his side arm with me and I jacked a round in my chamber and kept a bead on the guy in the car parked across from the main gate. if he tried anything I was told my sgt to drop him My Sgt was nervous about going there with no firearm but we could not and were told on the radio by CSC to leave the side arm behind. It turned out the bloke was watching a portable TV and the round thing on the car roof was an antenna not some sort of spy ware. but at eth time we had to investigate this as we were in such high state of alert given the incidents going on like solidarity and the massing of Russian troops on the polish border.

SO I have a very first hand account about this policy. If we had a bunch of us armed on her majesty's land then it was never heard about by myself and not mentioned in our daily muster before being posted on duty. Also by jacking a round in the chamber of my Weapon I violated our own rules as I should have gone to the armory to remove the round and clear and check the chamber. But I did not I simply popped the mag out and ejected the round then put it back in the mag and My SGT said nothing about it. even in these trying times we were not allowed to have a round chambered unless we were in an actual incident. Then we were to follow proper protocol to clear the chamber.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes you can see the light house from that area. Maybe not deep in the forest but at the East gate on a clear night you can see it blinking off in the back ground, sure.

Airman Palmer and I stood there and talked about he light house in the background and thought it ridiculous that they would have mistaken that for a UFO over their heads Later that evening when we had our sighting I will say this if it is a light house I saw then it uplifted off its base and flew over my head, directly over my head and then flew off to the south and went into the stars never to be seen again. Yet the light house does not show signs of ever being uplifted off its base does it?

Again I can not speak for what those guy saw that night but the night I saw this craft it was perfectly over my head causing me to look up and craning my neck backwards...NOT a light house! I saw a structured craft of some sort with multiple colored lights.
edit on 12-1-2014 by LaPlume because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

mirageman

I am not going to go over all the details of the story yet again.

But yet you have, gone over the story over and over again, even created a thread about it. So what exactly is your point?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread and story. It's pretty clear that the official story is sort of like yelling 'It's swamp gas!' The Rendlesham Forest incident was definitely a cover up. You may not believe it to be a UFO or alien encounter but you can't deny that it was a cover up. Maybe for a new type of aircraft...who knows but...not a light house for sure. That doesn't account for the whole story or all the eyewitness accounts.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Star and flag for a great post of one of my all time favorite encounters.The evidence for this case is pretty good.

What if what they encountered that night was "us" from the future?What are they looking for?It seems that alot of ufo cases involve nuclear weapon sites.If I am not mistaken,there were nukes at the base where this event happened.That,in my opinion,may be the reason "we" are coming back from the future.

Another thing I read about this case is that it was a mind experiment involving the CIA.I don't know if that was a cover story or what.

I am gonna check out the book when it comes out.Should be a great read.Thanks again for the great post mirageman!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If this has already been mentioned, pardon me, as I am a newbie and learning my way around, but the American Commander of the Base, was asked to comment on this incident, and he has refused. Why????????

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

data5091
If this has already been mentioned, pardon me, as I am a newbie and learning my way around, but the American Commander of the Base, was asked to comment on this incident, and he has refused. Why????????

Welcome to ATS data5091. I am assuming you are referring to the Wing Commander Gordon Williams who has spoken briefly on the matter but does not confirm anything really happened. Although he was peripheral to the events.

For the record Colonel Ted Conrad was the Bentwaters/Woodbridge base commander, and Lt Colonel Charles Halt was his deputy.

Conrad has gone on record as saying

" Lt. Col Halt's report of more lights both on the ground and in the sky brought quite a few people out of their houses at Woodbridge to see what was there. These people included myself, my wife, Lt Col Sawyer (the Director of Personnel), his wife, and several others listening to my radio and looking for the lights Halt was describing.

Despite a sparkling, clear, cloudless, fogless night with a good field of view in all directions, we saw nothing that resembled Lt Col Halt's descriptions either in the sky or on the ground". "There were no conspiracies, no secret operation, no missile accident, and no harsh interrogations by OSI [Office of Special Investigations, USAF]. I was in a position to know about the OSI. It was a special organisation with a special mission. They had their own chain of command, but in practice the OSI commander kept me informed of any ongoing investigations they had. Someone reporting unexplained lights would not normally have been subject to OSI attention. They were after serious lawbreakers, including drug traffickers, security risk, and the like......

If I have any regrets, it is that I should have challenged Lt Col Halt's account of the events on the night of 28 December. However since I wanted to avoid the appearance of shaping the story, I was reluctant to require any changes to his letter to Don Moreland.

The search for an explanation could go many places including the perpetration of a clever hoax. Natural phenomenon such as the very clear cold air having a theoretical ability to guide and reflect light across great distances or even the presence of an alien spacecraft.

If someone had the time, money and technical resources to determine the exact cause of the reported Rendlesham Forest lights, I think it could be done. I also think the odds are way high against there being an ET spacecraft involved, and almost equally high against it being an intrusion of hostile earthly craft. In the final analysis, the Rendlesham Forest lights remain unexplained. I think they are explainable, but not with the information we have been able to gather…"

Source : drdavidclarke.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LaPlume

Thanks for your contributions Steve. I think your sighting (early 1981), occurring a few weeks after the more well known events of the Christmas period, add more weight to the fact that something weird really did happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Your post is badly formatted as you appear to be quoting me when it's obviously something you want to say.

So I guess you don't like the thread because I keep repeating the same points again. Now maybe I have done but I am trying to stay coherent and explain things so people not familiar with the story don't need to keep referring elsewhere to pick up on points or in reply to other posters. You can't please everyone.

The point is that this case is very complex and witness testimony simply does not agree so it is impossible to come to a definitive conclusion.

edit on 12/1/14 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyeddie68

There are a number of theories about the case. Some of them more plausible than others and will be picked up on at a later date.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

mirageman
Another lesser known fact is that Georgina Bruni gave a lecture at the International UFO Conference at Leeds University 2001 organised by Graham Birdsall. This was after publication of her book “You Can’t Tell the People”. Here she revealed that Adrian Bustinza had been in recent contact and confirmed Larry Warren’s story and that three alien beings were with the craft in the clearing.

Perhaps you will find this interesting mirageman.

Adrian Bustinza has made it clear in this message he did send to Ronnie Dugdale in October last year that he want to be left alone about Rendlesham and he confirmed in that same message again that Larry was there.

“OK I will say this YES, YES Larry was their!!! But so was John, and the rest of the Guy's. I know who was with me at all three different times of one night because I was instructed to go with certain guy's and to go pick-up certain Lt's, Sgt's and Yes I was all over the place because " I was the NCOIC that night! That means that I could go anywhere and I did. Light All's units, Trucks, Fuel Depot, Field, communicating back and forth both verbally in person and over the Radio!

So with that said I will say "GOODBYE to All...I am tired of seeing my friends bicker with one another and mostly seeing them questioned and ridiculed about the events that no one can say happened or did not happen except those few that were their! God Bless all of you and "Good Will Hunting

"Busty then Buzz Now and forever! Alpha-1 signing out!!!!”

www.facebook.com...

Then I have a question, were you personally at that lecture at the International UFO Conference at Leeds University 2001 organized by Graham Birdsall?

And do you happen to have this video from that lecture of Georgina.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

That is very interesting spacevisitor and thank you for adding to the thread.

And no I was not personally at that conference. I wish I had been.

Did you attend, spacevisitor?

I sense you may have more to add to the thread....?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the welcome! And yes, that is the guy. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Two other brief comments regarding this incident. Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned but there was a barn not far from the forest where the incidents took place. It was said that the animals went berserk when the ufo was in the air near this location. Second, again, if already mentioned, my apologies, but I cannot recommend the book "Left as Eastgate" any more higher. Very very detailed breakdown of this very intriguing and complex case. Great read!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Why has hollywood never made a movie about this?

It seems that movies are a good way of getting an idea across to the sheeple.

Or have i just answered my own question?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hi mirageman, no I also did not attend to that conference and the reason for that had to do with the fact that I live in the Netherlands you know, I am a Dutchman.
But I did buy that marvelous UFO magazine each month back then until too bad Graham died and it was no longer published anymore.

Yes this case has my special interest and that is why I am so interested in obtaining that video.
Because I am told that this is being said by Georgina 'on the record' in that Conference.

“Georgina Bruni’s lecture at the International UFO Conference at Leeds University 2001 organised by Graham Birdsall centred on a review of some new Rendlesham Forrest Incident evidence which had recently come to light, including the release of new M.O.D documents concerning the incident.these new documents were stamped “S/R 2005” which means they should not of been scheduled to be reviewed again until the year 2005.This indicates that the documents were recently given an early review and release by SOMEONE within the UK government or MOD.

Georgina revealed that following a recent telephone conversation with Adrian Bustinza she felt she owed Larry Warren an apology as Adrian had confirmed to her Larry Warrens version of events as factual also confirming there WERE three alien beings with the craft.

Taking into account her treatment of Larry in her newly published book she was booed by many of the 800 audience

Georgina continued that there were now five new written statements by USAF personnel confirming that the incident did occur as reported and these new witness reports confirm that they saw ALIEN HUMANOIDS inside the craft that landed in Rendlesham forest.”

But too bad Georgina died also.

As you probably know have Jim Penniston and John Burroughs since around 2010 done nothing else then to ridicule Larry as much as possible and accusing him of being a liar and that he used Adrian’s story for his own and which is obviously not true at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

data5091
Two other brief comments regarding this incident. Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned but there was a barn not far from the forest where the incidents took place. It was said that the animals went berserk when the ufo was in the air near this location. Second, again, if already mentioned, my apologies, but I cannot recommend the book "Left as Eastgate" any more higher. Very very detailed breakdown of this very intriguing and complex case. Great read!

I fully agree with you data5091, and that book "Left At East Gate" from Larry Warren and Peter Robbins is a great read.

Nick Redfern wrote about it;
“This book is one that should be read by anyone even remotely interested in the UFO mystery.”

The great Budd Hopkins;
“In their jointly written book, Larry Warren and Peter Robbins have given us a truly disturbing account of the freedom with which UFOs and their crews can operate—and what may be even worse, the apparent helplessness and deceit of those to whom we look to protect us.”

Whitley Strieber;
“Warren’s firsthand account explodes with authentic detail. A riveting, fascinating, and important book.”

Nick Pope;
“This book is dynamite. Meticulously researched, gripping, provocative...”

A small excerpt from the book which speaks for itself;

“a nineteen year old Air Force Security Policeman, armed with an M-16 rifle, who stood guard at a remote point on the perimeter of a large American air base. There he monitored an unusual sequence of radio transmissions, describing unidentified lights above the forest several miles to the southeast.
Soon Airman First Class Lawrence Warren and other Air Force personnel, brought to that area, witnessed a series of events that no one ever prepared them for.”

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

combatmaster

Why has hollywood never made a movie about this?

It seems that movies are a good way of getting an idea across to the sheeple.

Or have i just answered my own question?

Gary Heseltine (a former UK police officer and UFO researcher) has drafted a script with the assistance of Colonel Halt. Although I am not sure where that is up to at the moment. However I'll be honest and say that if Hollywood got hold of it then I'm not sure how much of the original story would survive.

There are a number of reasonably good TV documentaries out there. Many are available on Youtube by searching for "Britain's Roswell - History Channel". This one features all the main witnesses including Larry Warren. There is a "CNN Special Assignment Bentwaters UFO" special which was made just a few years after the incident and contains some very interesting comments.

Sci-Fi's "UFO Invasion at Rendlesham" and "Strange But True - Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident" are also interesting watches. Unsolved Mysteries "Bentwaters UFO" from the 90s is also worth a watch as it has a number of witnesses going on record for the first time on TV. Although it's hard to track down you might catch it on re-runs on TV. It's been shown (now sadly without Robert Stack's introduction) in Europe on CBS' satellite and cable channels very recently.

The BBC also produced a very hard to find "Britain's Closest Encounter" about 13 years ago. Not to be confused with the very similarly named "Britain's Closest Encounters" series.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join