It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 285
<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Look at what happened to PC Alan Godfrey.

When I was 11 or 12 I went away with school on camp, one night I evidently got up, rolled up my sleeping bag, tucked it under my arm, walked out of the tent, climbed up a grass embankment and proceeded to walk across a field. The first I knew of all this was when I walked into my maths teacher, waking up in the process. I had no memory of any of it, dreaming or otherwise, and since my eyes were closed, I didn't see Mr Clark but yet I "saw" enough to navigate my way a couple of hundred yards without falling over. Mr Clark, as he explained in assembly when we returned, had seen me walking quite purposefully past the teacher's camp and had taken it upon himself to intercept me. It wasn't until he saw my face that he realised I was sleeping.

We are perfectly capable of functionality when the lights are off and nobody is home. Oxidative stress can induce an effect very similar to sleep walking.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamE
This is a from what I can tell, is as an altered state or has been described in terms of visiting or having contact with a higher form or force/the 'otherside' only John did not choose to be in this state.

Are you sure about that?

I think you have it the wrong way round, it was all John's choice, he was given fair warning and he chose to proceed anyway.

Put it this way, if I see a dog that I want to say "hello" to, I offer it my hand palm down and from that I will get any number of responses, it may come and sniff me, it may show me it's teeth. From what John describes in the first hypnosis session he got every possible warning to back off and he's surprised he got bitten?!? By the second hypnosis session he knows that it, whatever "it" is, is saying "no" by it's light show. He's extracted and translated that for himself. John isn't the one who was violated without consent...if were going to put it in those terms...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

That's fascinating, thanks for sharing and kudos for growing your own. I started getting migraines about ten years ago accompanied by scintillating scotoma, so I know how distressing they can be, especially in addition to nosebleeds. I'm glad that you have found a position where you feel in control of the situation. It's all down to individual bio-chemistry, with a little metallurgy thrown into the mix it seems, what works for some will not work for others. I haven't had either a migraine or a significant scotoma in over two years now. Talking it over with someone who had similar problems, which helped me to relax and not try to look around it (I hadn't fully appreciated at that point that it wasn't actually in my eye). That totally, with the addition of peppermint tea, completely did away with the pain and vomiting.

I kind of want to imagine the mushroom going on in there and giving everything a good clean and sweeping all that metal into a neat pile where it can do less harm (assuming that one proceeded the other, if not...vice versa, it spread it around). Either way, it is hard to deny that nature has provided us with some great healers (and teachers). It somewhat demonstrates to me how very much we're all in this together, don't you think? Intricately entwined.

Thanks again

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Apologies for being late to the party, been otherwise engaged.

Drones depending on what you take them to be were in active development since the first world war, albeit quite rudimentary and then onto the British developed Queen bee back in 1935, which looks like it was made from a lawn mower,bits of balsa wood and a prop - A Team style!

But thats alot of time between 1935 and 1980 to further develop them, as the word drone has only really entered the public domain in what we see them as today and the press they have gained.

Mostly notable the predator drone some years ago and now most local toy shops sell drones for kids etc, it's not something that people associate with being an old technology.

If the military saw a decent application of them back in the 30s there's no reason they would have stopped developing them, maybe even retro fitting them with VK2 weaponry, I'm sure there was a patent for that in may of 1981, I'll have to dig it up again.

Drones were used considerably in the Vietnam war and in both gulf wars too.

Albeit apart from a short and terrible history of drones I have presented, they have been around for much longer than people realise and should be considered.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

This is a from what I can tell, is as an altered state or has been described in terms of visiting or having contact with a higher form or force/the 'otherside' only John did not choose to be in this state.

Are you sure about that?

I think you have it the wrong way round, it was all John's choice, he was given fair warning and he chose to proceed anyway.

Put it this way, if I see a dog that I want to say "hello" to, I offer it my hand palm down and from that I will get any number of responses, it may come and sniff me, it may show me it's teeth. From what John describes in the first hypnosis session he got every possible warning to back off and he's surprised he got bitten?!? By the second hypnosis session he knows that it, whatever "it" is, is saying "no" by it's light show. He's extracted and translated that for himself. John isn't the one who was violated without consent...if were going to put it in those terms...

It is only imo, I agree the point that he was a bit over inquisitive, from the hypnosis, and he also sounds like he was egged on by Halt. So one could assume more than one reason for going forward, other than by his own volition.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

It is only imo, I agree the point that he was a bit over inquisitive, from the hypnosis, and he also sounds like he was egged on by Halt. So one could assume more than one reason for going forward, other than by his own volition.

If I were inclined towards a belief in a higher power, and recognised such a power when I encountered it, then I would be questioning why I was listening to the silly man in the suit just 'cos he's got brass buttons and epaulettes.

That's not power, that's dressing up to look like it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

If I were inclined towards a belief in a higher power, and recognised such a power when I encountered it, then I would be questioning why I was listening to the silly man in the suit just 'cos he's got brass buttons and epaulettes.

That's not power, that's dressing up to look like it.

If we are dealing with technology that is linked to the type of equipment you might see being used at CERN, then we, imo, are dealing with things that have to do with our very existence at a quantum/sub quantum level.

But others will beg to differ.
May I also reply with an open question to all please.

Has Col. Halt ever described what he saw happen to Adrian and John? (Adrian going to the ground, with John being otherwise engaged, with the 'phenomena'?
edit on 7-9-2018 by AdamE because: Not happy with my questioning.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Has Col. Halt ever described what he saw happen to Adrian and John? (Adrian going to the ground, with John being otherwise engaged, with the 'phenomena'?

Adam - as you know by now, I suspect this section of the third night is an open field (terrible pun intended) of potential clues to the whole RFI - precisely because Halt himself confirms he allowed John to go forward.

Halt's admission, combined with his infuriating "I know things you don't" stance on the case generally, makes it all the more frustrating that he has not confirmed what happened next. All we have, IIRC, is Bustinza's barely coherent account in a 2015 radio interview with Larry Warren metaphorically breathing down his neck, pressing him to accommodate both Burrough's blue light story AND his own dodgy East Gate story. In the end, EVERYONE is left none the wiser.

edit on 7-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

I'd happily go along with a drone theory but is there any real substantial evidence for it?

Was a drone the cause of the disturbances on the base on 3 separate nights. Would NATO or the Warsaw Pact send a drone out on 3 separate nights? If so who and why? The fact that there were drones in 1980 presents a possibility.

We do have descriptions from Penniston of a physical craft and Halt's memo too. But do we trust those stories? I would suspect the source is the same in both cases. If we accept Penniston's story at face value then why did this binary carrying drone have to return on two further nights and where was it in the day?

If I was Jim Penniston then my explanation would be that it tried to give the message to John Burroughs on the third night by originally travelling back to the 28th December 1980. That failed to register because Burroughs couldn't retain the data. So it tried again but went day further back on the 27th December 1980. That failed also to infuse Lt. Binary Tampon with the binary. So it went back and found inquisitive, touchy feely Jim on the 26th December 1980. A suitable binary code recipient. But I don't think that happened.

edit on 7/9/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

No re the binary.

According to the latest by Halt.

“ I can tell you this, we are not alone,” said Mr Halt, “I’m not telling you there’s somebody walking around here that’s an alien. There’s some type of a presence here.”

www.eadt.co.uk...
edit on 7-9-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

“ I can tell you this, we are not alone,” said Mr Halt, “I’m not telling you there’s somebody walking around here that’s an alien. There’s some type of a presence here.”

www.eadt.co.uk...

He's toned his rhetoric down, then.

I bet he sported that creepy, wide-eyed glare when he said it, too. Brrrrrrr.

Oh, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck... Just tell us EVERYTHING you know already, for the love of Hynek!

He's even more annoying than Penniston these days.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

No re the binary.

www.eadt.co.uk...

Yes, there’s a ‘presence’ here, one since time immemorial ...times like these I miss ole KPB...MM’s Twin Peaks clip nails it. Unequivocally, IMO.

edit on 7-9-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: Un

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

I don't know Adam, I am in all of a flummox to be honest, that first hypnosis session totally knocked me for six. I don't know what to make of it. On the one hand, I'm a touch cynical about hypnosis, it can be used to manipulate both subject and practioners, on the other, the behaviour that Burroughs describes is clearly biological and I feel that "want" to believe. And it suggests on a fundamental level that Burroughs understood it loud and clear, proceeding against his better judgement.

In context with the Condign aspect about it being benign, because "it" is clearly not if we are to take Burroughs' account in conjunction with his injuries at face value, but I think we can safely say that it is mostly benign unless threatened when involved in it's private business. Or perhaps "it" is only benign at higher altitudes when it's doing it's public business.

I don't know, could be technological I suppose...but I can only see life.

It's fair blown me away

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Halt can tell us we are not alone but still not what he saw when Burroughs and Bustinza went ahead of him. It took decades for him to even admit both of them where even near him. But Burroughs name can be heard on his tape!

Moving on....this might be of no consequence at all but it seems that there was a large power outage next door to Suffolk in Norfolk ,East Anglia on the night of the 29th November 1980.

In the winter of 1980, however, Norfolk suffered the kind of problems that would be forecast two decades later. On a cold November night at around 7pm, the Great Norfolk Dim Out threw the county into an eerie state of half-light.
Across Norwich, street lights flashed and dimmed... emergency services were sent to attend to call after call.

A pensioner became trapped in a life[ I think this should be lift but I've left in for amusement] in a care home in Somerleyton Street in Norwich....

Police radios failed, a spokesman reporting that “it was sheer chaos” (a bobby on the beat saying, far more honestly, “it was darned nuisance”) and all three TV stations went off air just when they were needed most...

Norwich power distribution engineer Len Bacon said: “Several people thought the Martians had come. I don’t remember anything like it happening before.

“It was very strange and eerie, particularly because it affected such a wide area.”

The then Eastern Evening News, deluged with calls from concerned readers, even received a report of UFOs being seen flying over Thorpe, which is where Norwich Power Station was sited. The Dim Out came just weeks before nearby Rendlesham in Suffolk would become the focus for UFO investigators – were alien visitors making a prior trip to check out the lie of the land?

Electricity experts were quick to blame a far more worldly problem, namely the National Grid, which they said had suffered circuit issues.

But the reason why, remains a mystery. Two faults - both unconnected - happened on 400,000 volt overhead lines within minutes of each other in different parts of East Anglia. “It won’t be an easy job to find out exactly what happened,” said a spokesman, “When they tripped, they tripped lots of other circuits, too, so there is plenty of work to be done. But it was very unusual.”

... two inmates at Norwich Prison had seen unexplained lights in the sky at around 10.45pm that night.

“They first noticed that their radio was crackling and, upon looking out of the north-facing window, saw a ‘pulsating orange star’ which they compared with a double decker bus seen at about five miles distance,” a Lantern report noted.

“The object was visible for about 30 seconds during which time it executed two manoeuvres both of which consisted of travelling horizontally, and then upwards and backwards at an angle of 44 degrees and then downwards and backwards to finish at the starting point; neither of the witnesses knew about the power failure and the object was seen in the opposite direction of Thorpe.” Strangely, the story was never mentioned again in the pages of either the Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News.......

Full Story : www.edp24.co.uk...

I must do some more digging.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thanks for finding this MM,.another event "potentially" related that requires some investigation

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

not really related to your awesome find but the air force/DARPA have been working on HPM(High Power Microwave) and DEW(Directed Energy Weapon) systems pretty much as soon as they saw the EMP(ElectroMagnetic Pulse) effects of nuclear weapons as a way of disrupting or destroying an enemy's ability to communicate and disrupt the power systems of a city or large area without a lot or maybe even zero classical blast effects.

here is a neat video from Boeing's CHAMP

Neon signs glow due to a effect called ionization, meaning if you pump enough energy into a gas(like neon or just normal air) it will glow from the electrons getting excited and getting temporary bumped to a higher energy level and when it falls back to where it was the electron give off light as it sheds the energy imparted to it.

i wonder if you could direct and pump a small area with enough energy that when it collapsed(exploded) it would create an EMP like effect. depending on the energy level and if there was a device used to start and help colese the energy it could glow any color.

there are studies that proposed MIRV's and other hypersonic craft that if they injected alki earth metals into the ionized air around then it would shield them from the intense heat of rentrey and would also allow it to collect energy out of the now extremely ionized air thru and affect called MHD(MagnetoHydroDynamics).

with all the knowledge the air force has on these topics i dont think it would be to far of a leap to say they could have been testing some form of DEW weapon out there, they had the high power transmitters(Radar like COBRA MIST and others) and the knowledge on how to do it.

maybe thats why all the people in the white jumpsuits showed up,

here is an interesting event a few years before the RFI

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I must do some more digging.

I wish you would. I have a pile of ironing as tall as I am to get through before I can do anything else but there's definately food for thought whilst I do, so I'll be interested in whatever else you come up with...

...dreadful article though, what does the "millennial bug" have to do with anything, I am sure that that first paragraph alone could put off 90% of readers, not exactly gripping.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LaPlume

No problem I actually stumbled across this site and thread because I was looking up my old Mentor Frank Camper and saw he was getting g put through the wringer on this sight when he had one of those things mentioned like ask the expert and you could have an open forum. Sorry I don't know what its called. Everyone kept trying to get him to prove who he was more thanks him anything. I can tell by his answers and the way he answered them it was him but I have known Frank since September of 1982.

I hope it helps unravel the truth in some way.

Great effort, Steve!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arouet

originally posted by: LaPlume

No problem I actually stumbled across this site and thread because I was looking up my old Mentor Frank Camper and saw he was getting g put through the wringer on this sight when he had one of those things mentioned like ask the expert and you could have an open forum. Sorry I don't know what its called. Everyone kept trying to get him to prove who he was more thanks him anything. I can tell by his answers and the way he answered them it was him but I have known Frank since September of 1982.

I hope it helps unravel the truth in some way.

Great effort, Steve!

For quick access back to that comment and others.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join