It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 273
<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

So isn't it a coincidence that John had his DNA ideas confirmed?

Isn't it just! How could that be possible. I wonder ?

edit on 18-8-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

I don't think it is a hoax. For what it is worth. And like you, I think that "discussion discovers" (shout out to ConspiracyNut23 whose profile first encapsulated that "fact" for me).

Are you aware of the analogy/heuristic the blind men and the elephant? In our case we have the added difficulty of trying to identify the elephant being at least partially concealed in some kind of box or something.

I don't know about you, but that's part of what makes it fun.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Not to go too off topic but the f117 was known to operate out of Mildenhall, I was there when they unveiled it publicly, which was pretty cool

There have been rumors since day one that there was a sister stealth companion platform to the f117 and the astra project could have been the sister aircraft but from what I know the f19 "design" doesn't fit what it actually looked like.

There are images of it on the net, but it's not well known. You certainly can't buy a model kit of it

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I agree. So does the entire foundation of statistics (that is, after all, how you ‘measure’ psychic abilities): it’s called self-selection bias. How often does a ‘reader’ ‘hit’ over and above a normally distributed probability function? As you said, “The human imagination though is a powerful thing”, it’s also a very real, scientifically-proven phenomenon called self-selection bias. Both in the subject and in the researchers.

Russell Targ in the video, I linked earlier, is a precise example of human imagination bleeding into the ‘results’ vis a vie self-selection. This is not fringe science or spit-balling, it’s as concrete as it gets in the world of social science.

At any rate, the spit-balling is fun and some of what y’all posit at times is interesting. Other times, it’s a bridge too far — at least for me. Carry on

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I didn't mean those questions to seem as pointed as perhaps they seemed.

I was referring to your phrase

I have an open mind on what may have happened to John, due to factors such as these, along with the connection to the research by Dr. Eric Davis and the quantum field with Dr. Hal Puthoff.

These men are considered 'fringe' by the science community. Davis recently claimed he took a poltergeist home with him from Skinwalker Ranch. He also claimed that the US military had a UFO Crash Retrieval Team but everything was mothballed in 1989. In the same interview he told us John Alexander (former Non-Lethal Weapons man) was his boss at NIDS (a Bigelow enterprise). John Alexander has always maintained publicly that the US military had no interest in studying UFOs since Project Bluebook wrapped up in 1969. One of them was obviously lying. Maybe both.

Puthoff believes Uri Geller has 'magic' abilities and that he himself was a remote viewer. Worse still are his $cientology and CIA links. You don't walk out of $cientology like walking out of Sunday School. Puthoff did. My point is be wary of these people and what information they convey.

There are a whole group of old men from the South West corner of America who begin to flock around when your UFO story gets to become well known. They are connected to the occult, alphabet soup agencies, $cientology and the military industrial complex. Nobody wants to become Bennewitz II.

Besides that Puthoff and Davis seek to gain financially from their cosy arrangement with TTSA for testing bits of metal, trees and other junk to see if they might be 'extra-terrestrial' in nature. TTSA is registered as service company "Aliied to Motion Pictures" and Hal Puthoff is the Vice President.

Once upon a time I bet you used to think this was all about a UFO that might have landed in a forest....

edit on 18/8/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

But Zondo is not claiming they looking for ET.

edit on 18-8-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Various characters linked to TTSA, including the Amazing Zondo, have claimed that there are artefacts found after UFO sightings. These materials allegedly contain unusual isotopic ratios that are not by nature from this solar system. The other explanation is that they were manufactured here on Earth and but appear as if they were not from this solar system.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
@ ctj and Adam

This (a giant link shrunk thanks to mirage's TinyURL thingy) Popular Science article provides the detailed specs for SHARP and some nice photos to boot...

tinyurl.com...

Kind of interesting?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Sorry, now that I have some visual and we’re back to some science*, I had to chime in.

Your linked PM piece on a decentralized, communications platform is interesting. It’s certainly possible particularly, given the ubiquitousness and bending of the UAV cost curve, that in today’s world the proposed technology would be practical, but I couldn’t read the volume and issue numbers for that PM article, when was this written?

Given he’s gonna lose another 10-20% of his Telsa value come Monday morning, Elon Musk prolly has a full plate, but his “internet/broadband for everyone” concept sounds awfully familiar to the description given of future broadcast television capabilities using the tech described in the PM article. Yeah, time travel*!!

*If Breaking Bad never made it across the pond, you’re likely to have no clue what I’m going on about...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Once upon a time I bet you used to think this was all about a UFO that might have landed in a forest....

Oh yeah I forgot about that lol, that's about the only thing we can confirm... I think...

Jeezzz... Round and round the merry go round we go.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Again I saw no malice in your questioning. I was eating a sausage sandwich at the time.nom nom

If I seemed to reply in a stark manner, this was not my intention. Blame it on the sandwich!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

1988 was as much as I got. Did you though scroll up to page 61 (I've read it cover to cover, the classifieds were particularly entertaining...I could've got a kit to build my own laser gun for $900 - cool!) there is a little prequel column that states that Lockheed Georgia were working on a 100-150 ft version which could be operational in three years if the project gets the go ahead? Three years is quite the boast given the subsequent article.

And I have indeed seen Breaking Bad.

I took another look, January 1988.

edit on 18-8-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: size correction

edit on 18-8-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: past tense

edit on 18-8-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Whats for tomorrows breakfast?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Ok Mirageman . Did you or anyone here ever read "Mind Benders" by Frank Camper. Any thoughts about it? I know John Burroughs wanted people to read it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Whats for tomorrows breakfast?

It's difficult to decide.
edit on 19-8-2018 by AdamE because: because spam

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Ok Mirageman . Did you or anyone here ever read "Mind Benders" by Frank Camper. Any thoughts about it? I know John Burroughs wanted people to read it.

Interesting. I'd like to know more. Does Burrough's happen to know Frank, Baa? I'm not making any judgement on that book. I'd actually like to read it. To deconstruct it if nothing else.

What I will say is that understanding Frank Camper to whatever degree that's possible does hold the possibility of intriguing clues as regards RFI and other mysteries.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Will do, KG. Thanks for the heads up the other topics in the issue!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Does Burrough's happen to know Frank, Baa?

Gut I do not know. John has some questionable friends as we well know. Perhaps because its mind control related it was of interest to him and wanted others to read it too at the time. Then of course there is Steve LaPlume. Perhaps you should take a read, it might be something interesting to you. I am uncertain how one would understand Frank Camper myself, but all quite interesting as far as any possible clues re the RFI go maybe?

@Adam. That sure raised a grin re the spam!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Will do, KG. Thanks for the heads up the other topics in the issue!

I suspect that it was/is Lockheed's strategy to claim to have technology already in development when others, more openly, announce their breakthroughs. However, given the resources that Lockheed had at their disposal it is not out of the question that they were testing something similiar much earlier that was, in 1988, gathering dust on a shelf awaiting interest.

Who knows, it is such a quagmire, and given the introduction of "ancient DNA" into the equation the RFI has been drawn into a much longer game and while I wouldn't classify it as a hoax, I wouldn't be surprised if the "lights" were little more than a bunch of spooks running around with flashlights teasing the serviceman who had been dosed up with some psychotrophic substance.

It's a very long, long game though. I wonder how many involved today, intelligence and military services wise, have been fully indoctrinated into believing that the US is watched over by "ancient aliens". It seems that a fair few have and genuinely believe the stories fabricated, first by Puharich and subsequently by Doty. Which of course then leads us to TTSA and my wondering whether they are trying to do the same again, create a sphere of influencial story-tellers, or whether they are true believers in the long game.

Tangled webs indeed.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

It's a little on the pricey side for my budget - as are many of the books written on the subject and now sadly out of print, the British Library is my only saviour in that regard but these things take time - I haven't read it, but I've read around it, does it cover Project Penguin and Rexford Daniels do you know? Or the Council of Nine, the Boston "Brahmin" and connections to Lee Harvey Oswald?

(Ahh...looking at your subsequent response to The GUT I am guessing that you probably haven't read it either)

top topics

<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join