It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Gamma Ray's need a high energy source and other the. Radioisotopes and cosmic Ray's there are no natural sources strong enough to do damage.

I don't know which is why I was asking the questions above. From my reading Terrestrial Gamma-ray Flashes pack quite the punch and although there is some relationship suspected, and to an extent observered, between TGF and lightning, it is not understood and indeed some observations cannot be related to ligtning. Besides that we've evidently only been aware of them since 1994. Kind of make me wonder what else, in this range of phenomenon, that we are yet to uncover.

I would be willing to bet he was in the direct path of a very high power radar and saw something that he didnt understand.

From what I can gather the types of injuries that Burroughs suffered could be caused by exposure to pulsed RF. The excitation that this causes at a cellular level could result in the degenerative pattern that he has described. This would have to be quite a prolonged and sustained delivery. It could also explain the THz radiation, which in turn may explain the background noise that was present on the Cobra Mist returns. Most of what is below ground is comprised of sands and gravels, as well flints. That's a lot of silica and therefore a lot of THz radiation potential when a pulsed RF is applied to it. I'm not sure, but there appears to be some amplification of that pulse too with silica...but I may have the wrong end of things there. Though that THz radiation may not be physically harmful in the long term, it could account for any distortion in perception of those exposed.

From what ctj and others have pointed out though there are difficulties with how far that pulsed RF would have to travel to reach Burroughs et al, and indeed if it would be able to penetrate the forest that they were in. I'm finding myself swayed by that. Should I not?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamE
a reply to: penroc3

I am looking at how the combination of THz and Gamma ray source would come to be. If we treat them separately, then we have possible Airborne Gamma Ray Spectrometry and the use of THz as a high speed pulse for possible communication methods. It sounds like a similar process that Eric Davis speaks of when trying to create a traversable wormhole, but do not quote me on this, for now.

I am also studying a document from 1980 regarding the placing of passive antenna on the (pardon me for swearing!) a lighthouse for military and commercial airborne approaches from offshore, which requires a form of triangulation over a large or semi large area depending on location and power sources.

I will let you know when I know more.

I will look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Perceptions, I should imagine would flat-line and cut out, all energy would be turned toward attempting to achieve homeostasis and preserving vital functions. Given that Burroughs has no recollection and is described as being on the ground and out, compared to the others who could be described as having suffered more from the effects of oxidative stress, it could fit.

I am not sure which night you are referring to here.

Be wary about that story about Burroughs being unconscious and out of it on the first night. It's been Pennistoned. By that I mean Penniston adjusting his story to explain its gradual inflation from never getting closer than 50m in his statement to binary code download from the future 30 years later. He has relegated both Cabansag's and Burroughs roles to accommodate his own exaggerated story over the years.

Burroughs has only ever said all 3 men (him, Penniston and Cabansag) hit the ground and then whatever it was they saw moved away rapidly above the tree line. He has no memory of the Penniston's 45 minutes reconnaissance of a craft. No one has other than Penniston.

Penniston also claimed in the very early days

"Burroughs went up to it and looked as if he were planning to touch it, he continued. But the craft responded. It drew in its legs, retracting them up into the main body

For more information I suggest you read page 177 where it's all laid out.

However on the Halt night (27th/28th Dec 1980) Burroughs & Bustinza are reported to have headed towards the 'light'. Bustinza fell to the ground and described Burroughs as being enveloped in light. Then the light vanished leaving both men confused as to what had happened. I would guess that if Burroughs injuries were sustained in the forest then this was the moment it happened.
edit on 10/8/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

so do you think there were no aircraft or unconventional(military) assets in the area maybe experiencing some sort of difficulty?

i would bet there was more then just electrical phenomena going on that night

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

originally posted by: AdamE

I am looking at how the combination of THz and Gamma ray source would come to be. If we treat them separately, then we have possible Airborne Gamma Ray Spectrometry and the use of THz as a high speed pulse for possible communication methods. It sounds like a similar process that Eric Davis speaks of when trying to create a traversable wormhole, but do not quote me on this, for now.

I am also studying a document from 1980 regarding the placing of passive antenna on the (pardon me for swearing!) a lighthouse for military and commercial airborne approaches from offshore, which requires a form of triangulation over a large or semi large area depending on location and power sources.

I will let you know when I know more.

I will look forward to it.

The different links on some of the info I am reading are being flagged as unsecure, so my best approach for now I think is to quote from noted sources to give a chance for others to dig further.

I first looked at Gamma-Radiometrics: A Remote Sensing Tool for Understanding soils by Phil Bierwirth.

Airborne gamma spectrometry AGS measures geochemistry, i.e. the spatial distribution of elements potassium (K), thorium (Th) and uranium (U) in the top 30-45 cm of the surface layer. The abundance of K, Th and U in near-surface materials are measured by detecting the gamma-rays produced during the natural radioactive decay of isotopes of these elements. The measurement of particular wavelengths makes it possible to determine the quantities of various isotopes and since gamma-rays are strongly attenuated in rocks, soil and air, most of the radiation emanates from shallow ground depth. While the gamma-ray counts are dampened by soil moisture and vegetation, these effects are generally minor

This led me to Airborne Gamma Ray Spectrometer Surveying from the International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, 1991 Technical Reports Series No. 323

Airborne gamma ray spectrometry has become, over the years, a mainstay in the armoury of the uranium explorationist. The technique has reached a high degree of maturity and sophistication since its was first used in the 1960s. The applications of the method have expanded considerably, particularly in the 1980s, which saw the development of new interest in the natural radiation of the environment and in the impact of radon in houses. Members of the mineral exploration community have developed an awareness of the relationship between the radioelements potassium, uranium and thorium (and their radioactive decay products), and other mineral commodities such as gold, tungsten, molybdenum, copper etc. Most recently, the nuclear reactor accident at Chernobyl in the USSR led to the employment of airborne gamma ray spectrometry in mapping the fallout, and to the demonstration of the power of the technique to map rapidly and sensitively the wide range of nuclides resulting from man's nuclear activities.

Then I located a Science Direct source for An airborne gamma-ray spectrometry survey of nuclear sites in Belgium from The Journal of Environmental Radioactivity Volume 72, Issues 1–2, 2004, Pages 213-224 .

The survey was conducted using a twin engined helicopter equipped with a combined scintillation and semiconductor spectrometer. The system was installed and tested in the UK, and then transferred to Belgium for operations. The complete survey was conducted successfully within 1 week.

All sources discuss helicopter and aircraft deployment for such testing.

But in the case of the RFI, one may consider a more powerful method, such as a satellite?

It is only my opinion, but a satellite source or even a secret aircraft for source, would need the ability to fix on a location for the possibility of the following to occur from..

SEARCH AND DISCOVERY
Gamma Rays Create Matter
Just by Plowing into Laser Light

When a beam of 50-GeV electrons collides head on with a terawatt laser pulse focused down to a few microns, extraordinary things can happen: Almost every electron plowing through the very dense laser field at the focus kicks a low-energy photon up to multi-GeV gamma-ray energy, and lots of these "Compton-backscattered" gammas then create electron-positron pairs when they subsequently collide with laser photons coming toward them. Such an experiment, recently carried out at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center by a SLAC, Princeton, University of Rochester. University of Tennessee collaboration, was described by the group as "the first laboratory evidence for inelastic light-by-light scattering involving only real [as distinguished from virtual] photons."1 Electron-positron pairs produced by gamma rays interacting with charged particles through the mediation of virtual photons are commonplace, and pair production by real photon collisions has been invoked to explain various astrophysical observations. But the SLAC experiment was the first direct observation of material particles produced by nothing but photons. This e+ e" pair creation can also be thought of as the "sparking of the vacuum," an exotic prediction of quantum electrodynamics at extremely high electric field intensities. QED is, by far, the most precisely tested of all theories in physics. But the new terawatt laser technology, in concert with a tightly focused high-energy electron beam, now makes it possible to test QED at electromagnetic field strengths far beyond the range of traditional experiments.

That aside, the Airborne Approach Radar from April 1980 describes the following

X-BAND RADAR TRANSPONDER (BEACON). A radar transponder (or radar beacon as it is usually called) is essentially a radar receiver combined with a radar transmitter operating on different frequencies. When the beacon receiver detects a pulse interrogation (radar transmission) on the frequency to which it is tuned (9375 MHz in our case), it triggers the beacon transmitter to reply with a pulse or series of pulses on its reply frequency (9310 MHz in our case). This beacon reply is received at the interrogating radar by a special receiver as a signal return of much greater strength than a primary return from the same radar range. The beacon used for these tests were Motorola SST-181X general purpose X-band transponders, which were obtained from U.S. Air Force material stock. Table 3 lists a summary of SST-181X parameters. Upon receipt at NAFEC, the beacons underwent characteristic verification tests; a tabular summary of these test results appears in table 4. For the flight tests, the beacons were used at the NAFEC airport, at a remote site (Bayside, New Jersey), and at an offshore site (Brandywine Lighthouse in Delaware Bay). The beacons were fitted into a waterproof case and portable power was furnished by two 12-volt marine storage batteries connected in series. The entire package was self-contained and portable enough to be transported to the test site, set up, and made operational prior to each flight. The lighthouse beacon was connected to the lighthouse power as a power supply was built into the water-proof case and was left to run continuously through the test period.

OFFSHORE SITE. Finally, figure 19 shows the beacon return from a beacon mounted on the Brandywine Shoals Lighthouse as detailed in figure 9.

Nospace

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I run out of room on the last post, but to try and wrap things with questions just on my mind.

Was a beam of Gamma 'tickled' by an alternating THz beam within a triangulated area for Airborne approach Radar testing?

Would the effect of a gamma source have any implications on the soil and its composition? (if containing quartz,say?)

Would any of these various combination of factors give rise to exotic effects as described by Dr. Eric Davis when discussing traversable wormholes?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

Maybe a soviet intruder went up to the airmen and shot them with a gamma weapon in a desperate attempt to breach the base again, after the failed attempt that might have occurred on the 29th December.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Historically ephemeris data has been hidden in plain sight.
Usually requires some resources that aren't commonly available at the time though.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nick Redfern and others have turned up some interesting stuff about a "Project Kugelblitz" that makes some fascinating connections to include Edgewood Arsenal and Kirtland AFB (Bennewitz's UFOs anyone?) Here's some excerpts but I suggest checking the articles out.

The atmospheric plasmas which were believed to be the cause of so many UFO reports were “still barely understood”, said the MoD, and the magnetic and electric fields that eman­ated from plasmas could adversely affect the human nervous system. And that was not all. Clarke and Anthony revealed that “Volume 3 of the report refers to research and studies carried out in a number of foreign nations into UAPs [Unidentified Aerial Phenomena], atmospheric plasmas, and their potent­ial military applications.”

That such research was of interest to the MoD is demonstrated in a Loose Minute of 4 December 2000 called Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) – DI55 Report, which reveals: “DG(R&T) [Director-General, Research & Tech­nology] will be interested in those phen­omena associated with plasma form­ations, which have potential applic­ations to novel weapon technology.”

And it wasn’t just the British Ministry of Defence and the Russians who recog­nised the potential military spin-offs that both plasmas and ball lightning offered – if they could be understood and harnessed, of course. Official documentation that has surfaced in the United States reveals that only two years after pilot Kenneth Arnold’s now-historic UFO encounter over the Cascade Mountains, Washington State, on 24 June 1947, the US military secretly began looking at ways to exploit such phenomena.

While the US Air Force was busying itself trying to determine whether UFOs were alien spacecraft, Soviet inventions, or even the work of an ultra-secret domestic project, the US Department of Commerce was taking a distinctly different approach. In its search for answers to the UFO puzzle, the DoC was focusing much of its attention on one of the most mystifying and controversial of all fortean phenomena: ball lightning.

A technical report, Project Grudge, published in 1949 by the Air Force’s UFO investigative unit detailed the findings of the DoC’s Weather Bureau with respect to ball lightning, which it believed was connected to normal lightning and electrical discharge. The phenomenon, said the DoC, was “spherical, roughly globular, egg-shaped, or pear-shaped; many times with projecting streamers; or flame-like irregular ‘masses of light’. Luminous in appearance, described in individual cases by different colours but mostly reported as deep red and often as glaring white.”

Possibly unknown outside of official circles – until I made the discovery at the US National Archives, Maryland, two years ago – is the fact that a complete copy of the Air Force’s Project Grudge document was, somewhat surprisingly, shared with US Army personnel at the Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland, in early 1950.

Even more surprising is a curiously-worded entry contained in the covering letter from the Air Force to Edgewood staff that accompanied the Grudge report: “You are aware we have already discussed with Mr Clapp the theor­etical incendiary applications of Ball-Lightening [sic] that might be useful to the several German projects at Kirtland. Useful data should be routed to Mr Clapp through this office.”

Via the Freedom of Information Act, a whole host of documents from the files of Harness-Cavalier – now numbering more than 120 – have surfaced, demonstrating that those attached to the project were kept well-informed of any and all developments in the field of ball lightning, and part­icularly how it might be exploited militarily.

Such documentation includes: “Theory of the Lightning Ball and its Application to the Atmospheric Phenomenon Called ‘Flying Saucers”, written by Carl Benadicks in 1954; “Ball Lightning: A Survey”, prepared by one JR McNally for the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee (year unknown); DV Ritchie’s “Reds May Use Lightning as a Weapon”, which appeared in Missiles and Rockets in August 1959; and “An Experimental and Theoretical Program to Investigate the Feasibility of Confining Plasma in Free Space by Radar Beams”, which was written by CM Haaland in 1960 for the Armour Research Foundation, Illinois Institute of Technology.

The strongest evidence that confirms Edgewood Arsenal’s deep interest in the potential use of ball lightning on the battle­field can be found in a December 1965 document entitled “Survey of Kugelblitz Theories for Electromagnetic Incendiaries”. Written by WB Lyttle and CE Wilson, the document was prepared under contract for the US Army’s New Concepts Division/ Special Projects at Edgewood.

In Halt’s own words: “…a red sun-like light was seen through the trees. It moved about and pulsed. At one point, it appeared to throw off glowing particles and then broke into five separate white objects and then disappeared. Immediately thereafter, three star-like objects were noticed in the sky… the object to the south was visible for two or three hours and beamed down a stream of light from time to time.”

To this writer, at least, reports of beams of light seen in conjunction with moving lights that emitted glowing particles, sound very much like someone putting into pract­ice the theoretical plans cited within the pages of the “Survey of Kugelblitz Theories for Electromagnetic Incendiaries” document, namely the control and utilisation of ball-lightning phenomena via lasers.

Indeed, Halt’s reference to the object in the woods appearing “to throw off glowing particles” sounds astonishingly like the words the US Weather Bureau used back in 1948 to describe ball lightning: “It has been reported that the luminous body may break up into a number of smaller balls which may appear to fall towards the earth like a rain of sparks. It has even been reported that the ball has suddenly ejected a whole bundle of many luminous, radiating streamers toward the earth.”

Was some sort of clandestine experiment of the type envisaged in the 1965 Edgewood Arsenal documentation secretly undertaken in Rendlesham Forest in 1980? It should be noted that practically all those implicated in the affair were members of the US military. In view of this, it may very well be an indication that someone was very interested in determining the psychological reactions of military personnel when confronted by phenomena perceived to be both extremely unusual and potentially extra­terrestrial in origin.

There is one final issue that may be of relevance to this latter point: the Edgewood Arsenal’s Bio-Medical Laboratory was, from 1952 to at least 1974, the site of a series of controversial experiments that involved the extensive testing of hallucinogens such as '___', THC, and BZ (see FT213:48–52), as well as a dizzying variety of chemical and biological agents, on military personnel. That some of the military witnesses to the Rendlesham events reported having been drugged by unknown officials in the immed­iate wake of the affair, might not be as unbelievable as it initially sounds.

Project Kugelblitz: Evidence that the US military planned to harness the power of ball lightning

The Rendlesham UFO: Which Scenario?By Nick Redfern

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Agreed. Very interesting as I believe it also led to the following research...

The first attempt to convert this into a transportable weapon was carried out by the US Army. Towards the middle of the seventies, a CO2 laser with a power of 30 kilowatts was mounted on a caterpillar-tracked vehicle LVTP-7 so as to create a "Mobile Test Unit". At the end of the seventies, the German Diehl company came up with a similar prototype, the HELEX (High Energy Laser Experimental). It consisted of a 28-ton armoured vehicle intended to carry a high energy CO2 laser with a power of several megawatts, whose range in clear weather would have reached 10 kilometres (fig. 11-a). The required consumption of CO2 would allow up to 50 laser shots at each sortie.

The American Military continued with new tests of a "Close-Combat Laser Weapon" or "Roadrunner", a vehicle designed to destroy the sensors and night-vision equipment of the enemy. Next came the "Airborne Laser Laboratory", a Boeing plane carrying a 400-kilowatt laser which succeeded in 1983 in destroying in mid-air several "Sidewinder" air-to-air missiles. Regarding the use of such a weapon on board ship, there arose the problem of ambient humidity, which could greatly disturb the projection of the laser ray

www.ovnis-armee.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Here is a link to The Preliminary Report on Ball Lightning May 1966

www.osti.gov...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What gets lost in the Bennewitz case is the fact that Paul Bennewitz photographed and filmed UFOs above Manzano Weapons Storage Area (WSA), which is located just east of Kirtland AFB. This was before he reported the matter to the Air Force and Richard Doty and others sent him down a path of paranoia and mental illness. Bennewitz was visited by Doty in late October of 1980. Just two months before it all happened thousands of miles away in England in a forest.

The photos aren't exactly hi-definition but they appear to show some form of fuzzy indistinct objects. Plasma perhaps?

Still from Bennewitz film

Focusing attention on Kirtland AFB and the goings on there in the early 1980s may well yield tangible results. Does anyone really know why the military did what they did to Paul Bennewitz? Do we know why Richard Doty suddenly jumped on the Rendlesham bandwagon claiming he's seen documents on it?

Is it all just coincidence?

edit on 12/8/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Do we know why Richard Doty suddenly jumped on the Rendlesham bandwagon claiming he's seen documents on it?

We could guess.

Is it all just coincidence?

No.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

so do you think there were no aircraft or unconventional (military) assets in the area maybe experiencing some sort of difficulty?

i would bet there was more then just electrical phenomena going on that night

The events encompassed 3 (possibly more) days and nights. So here's the politicians answer.

The county of Suffolk was/is home to a number military and weapons research facilities in the UK. Also the Twin bases of Bentwaters and Woodbridge were also a few miles from the North Sea Coast where Soviet ships and aircraft were often present. It was also Christmas time so little air traffic was coming in and out of the bases. But there were tensions in Poland and American hostages still being held in Iran. There are lots of rumours about all sorts of things going on from a Soviet downed satellite or aircraft to a strange portal to another reality being opened up by strange experiments taking place. Some rumours may be more equal than other rumours.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

i have looked for his videos and and pics a few times (paul b.) and i never really had any luck do you have a link to more pics and video? i would love to see them.

in the video that you share names with or maybe it was another one they show a polaroid that someone took out in the desert and it shows a few men and a pickup truck and a very interesting aircraft above them. i haven't been able to locate that photo or clip so if you have more picture and video evidence from the Paul B case PLEASE PLEASE can we see them?

as to the RFI thing, there was that female guard that said she was watching a large triangular craft above the base and during that time a ball of light flew in thru her truck window and i guess she totally freaked out and lost her job at the base and was moved somewhere else.

something had to be creating the beams of light, from the descriptions of them if there weren't aircraft the beams would have had to just manifest mid air and behave like a laser. if it was purely an electrical thing you would think the beams would also go into the sky and not just at the ground. creating a laser in the sky with no hardwear would be pretty amazing.

it seems that the simple explanation is that exotic aircraft and maybe experimental radar or DEW's were being tested on various nights and they had interesting side effects on the people who were effected and the people who came after and interrogated them may have messed with their memories with drugs and intimidation, and that's not even getting into people trying to make a buck with the story.

the Paul Benowitz story is way more interesting to me

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

There isn't much out there in the public domain.

This is one of the photos : Here

in the video that you share names with or maybe it was another one they show a polaroid that someone took out in the desert and it shows a few men and a pickup truck and a very interesting aircraft above them. i haven't been able to locate that photo or clip so if you have more picture and video evidence from the Paul B case PLEASE PLEASE can we see them?

I have nothing to do with that any more than the Chilean comedy of the same name does. So you are asking the wrong person. Sorry.

..as to the RFI thing, there was that female guard that said she was watching a large triangular craft above the base and during that time a ball of light flew in thru her truck window and i guess she totally freaked out and lost her job at the base and was moved somewhere else.

All I have heard is that she saw a blue ball of light fly into the windscreen of her vehicle and had a breakdown after being relieved of duty. She then left the Air Force some time later in 1981. There were no triangular craft seen to my knowledge.

...the Paul Benowitz story is way more interesting to me

Before Paul got "Dotyfied" he was actually seeing and recording strange activity going on above the Manzano WSA (it was a nuclear weapons storage facility for those who don't know). Whatever that activity was has never really been looked into. Most researchers have followed the story of the mental destruction of Paul Bennewitz and failed to look into why he was messed with in the first place. What was being covered up may provide a clue as to what happened in Rendlesham Forest. There again it might not.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Here’s a thread from member CardDown that lead me to the book X Descending by Christian P. Lambright:

Paul Bennewitz, Mirage Men, Project Beta, X Descending & disinformation

I didn't agree with all the conclusions, but I found Lambright to be intelligent and that he brought a lot of interesting information to the table to include his research putting Doty in Laos working for the CIA back in the day(!!) as well as shedding some possible light on the research that was going on in Kirtland at the time that caused Bennewitz to be targeted.

edit on 12-8-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Before Paul got "Dotyfied" he was actually seeing and recording strange activity going on above the Manzano WSA (it was a nuclear weapons storage facility for those who don't know). Whatever that activity was has never really been looked into. Most researchers have followed the story of the mental destruction of Paul Bennewitz and failed to look into why he was messed with in the first place. What was being covered up may provide a clue as to what happened in Rendlesham Forest. There again it might not.

They're not going to tell us what was being covered up since that was the reason for all the chicanery with Bennewitz in the first place or, unlikely, there is an alien angle their covering up. Either way, they’re not going to tell us a damn thing and neither is any researcher likely to get anything about what Bennewitz was seeing

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I noticed a comment by John Burroughs wondering if Andrew Pike had worked with Nick Popes father.

I guess I raised an eyebrow.

edit on 13-8-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join