It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Ta very much.

Humidity is quite high though and the minimum temperature dips. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

The son is supposedly linked to Jesus . Am not a DNA person but that was , or is the low down. Would that not be a biggy?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

They clearly share with me a guilty pleasure called Kathy Reichs.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

They clearly share with me a guilty pleasure called Kathy Reichs.

Reichs explains the C14 dating of remains as well as ground-penetrating radar in this book.

The protagonist Jake Drum is modeled after Reich's colleague and Biblical archaeologist James Tabor; in the afterword explaining the facts behind the book, she recommends his book The Jesus Dynasty as enjoyable reading. Neither she nor her protagonists in the novel verify or falsify the existence of a tomb of the Jesus family discovered by Shimon Gibson (cf. controversy regarding the Talpiot Tomb and James Ossuary), leaving it as a question of the personal faith of everyone.

The book builds on Jewish and ancient Christian history like the Massada.

en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

Nah!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

The son is supposedly linked to Jesus . Am not a DNA person but that was , or is the low down. Would that not be a biggy?

Fictional DNA? Interesting.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Fictional DNA? Interesting.

Even if we accept that Jesus was a real person and representative of a genetic line extant today. So what? Is it so Christians can have something in common with Muslims? Or is it an attempt to undermine apostolic succession?

Soooo...are they claiming that Burroughs injuries was some kind of transfiguration?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If any of this is supposedly true then I really do think we've 'jumped the shark' as they say.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I think we have to examine the people who were telling Burroughs that his dna was special and what their motives for doing so are.

Let's not forget these are the people who chased him for his dna, got told no, then got it in an underhanded manner anyway. Why?

Why go to the lengths in what they did to get it in the first place and then to tell him it's special.

If they were so desperate to get it in the first place, it makes you wonder that they will tell him anything to keep open the lines of communication / cooperation with him, for future reasons/research.

I am not stating that I think John thinks he's special, but if you tell someone often and long enough they will mostly start to believe it, TDL; case and point!

Still though.....Why..

It's their motivations I'm interested in, not necessarily the "results"
edit on 8-8-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

But it is not just about John been special but seemingly his son too with the Jesus DNA.

How does all this fit Rendlesham anyway other than it all occuring over Xmas?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Other than fantasists I believe that there are groups out there who like to 'introduce' add-ons to existing UFO stories for their own purposes.

Go back to Roswell. The headline about a Flying Saucer is not as sensational as it seems. The phrase had been introduced a couple of weeks earlier. It wasn't necessarily judged to mean alien spacecraft. The reports in the papers of the time also describe a pasture scattered with metallic like debris, rubber, tape and sticks. No engine parts or signs of control of propulsion system. There are no diaries or even records that have ever surfaced to confirm a spacecraft came to Earth from the time. Well there might have been a hoax or two.

Jesse Marcel mentioned an unbreakable substance that ironically is scattered across the field. But he never once mentioned aliens. The wreckage was supposedly taken away on a B29. So there can't have been that much wreckage. So it all sort of fits a story that something happened but it wasn't an extra-terrestrial spaceship with aliens on board.
For 30 years it was ignored until Marcel came out of the woodwork. That's when all the additional testimony came out about aliens and threats from the military etc......But it remains the pillar on which all ufology stands and many people believe aliens really did land in the New Mexico desert in 1947.

Roswell was growing arms and legs while Rendlesham was still all quiet whispers in Suffolk pubs. Interestingly though the aliens and spaceship rumours were there from the very early days.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am wondering why, on a man, they would do a MtDNA test? That seems suspect. Did I get that wrong? Are they saying therefore that he had no Y line to check? Or that his paternal line is not currently one known to any DNA database? There are bound to be previously unidentified lines, the quantified reference data is very small. Comparative to the global population that is, so the data that Burroughs has provided adds to that.

Mitochondria are less variable than the Y chromosome and are better than Y at extracting meaningful history of a family. They are also far more plentiful per cell, so early on (before DNA amplification technologies became “easy”) they were the “go to” for getting data. Therefore large repositories were set up. They are easy for genetic labs to do and far less expensive. And for ancient DNA, because it’s more plentiful, it’s easier to use for tracing DNA hundreds of thousands of years old.

As people have moved towards whole genome sequencing, it’s BEGINNING to be possible to use the rest of the DNA to track lineages.

So yes—whole genome sequencing is better, but still about 100x more expensive than a mito test.

edit on 8-8-2018 by AdamE because: forgot to add question.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

So what is the bottom line Adam?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If any of this is supposedly true then I really do think we've 'jumped the shark' as they say.

Personally, if everyone thought the same as me, was interested in the same things as me, then I wouldn't find much use in talking to other people at all.

You may have had your share of entertainment but for me, the show is just getting warmed up.

I really appreciate your grounded perspective. It provides an excellent test-bed from which to launch my own "fantasies".

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

Well, apart from Dr Green obviously being a cheapskate, my point was that why would they tell him that his son has no "heritage" if all they have done is test Burroughs' mtDNA which a father does not pass onto his son? Of course it's not there for Burroughs...so if they are claiming his son has Jesus' line in his mtDNA then it is from his Mother. Surely?

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Roswell was growing arms and legs while Rendlesham was still all quiet whispers in Suffolk pubs. Interestingly though the aliens and spaceship rumours were there from the very early days.

And those school kids saw a ufo and aliens too. Now I don't know what you watched growing up but if it wasn't Buck Rogers, Space 1999, reruns of Lost in Space, it was Star Wars or Star Trek. Space travel and humanoids from other planets were everywhere and were very firmly in the collective consciousness of most of the UK. And you know, thinking of your name, that wavy line mirage-like effect was always used in those early shows to depict certain types of travel or whatever...so it doesn't seem surprising that that might be the go to place, imagination wise, if you're trying to interpret some kind of light phenomenon or whatever.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Quite the Christmas story. A craft in the forest at that period of time. Binary messages and now the DNA thing with a Jesus twist.

Yes Green sounds a cheapskate.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If you're wanting to get all romantic about it...Christmas is just another work day for some of us.

The winter-time though is interesting. At Hessdalen most sightings occur in the Autumn and Winter months. Spring and Summer little to no activity.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am probably going to upset a lot of Christians but there is no real proof 'Jesus' ever existed. So it's dead in the water (that was never turned into wine). Even if you go with the Christ story, he had no descendants. End of story.

Can we take a step back?

Who has actually said this DNA is related to Jesus? Couldn't it all be a misinterpretation or worse still nefarious lies?

Does this sound vaguely familiar?

All his life, Jack Chance has been plagued by dreams and the sense that he used to be someone else - or maybe many someone else's. Raised in a Brooklyn ghetto by parents Jack knows aren't really his, nothing has prepared him for the beautiful ghost that suddenly appears in his taxi, claiming she's there to keep him safe from the demon that's hunting him - a real live demon who will stop at nothing to make sure Jack - and the bloodline he carries - is completely obliterated from the face of the earth....

Source : www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Substitute a few facts and you have a real life story don't you know!

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Personally, if everyone thought the same as me, was interested in the same things as me, then I wouldn't find much use in talking to other people at all.

Likewise

Now I don't know what you watched growing up but if it wasn't Buck Rogers, Space 1999, reruns of Lost in Space, it was Star Wars or Star Trek. Space travel and humanoids from other planets were everywhere and were very firmly in the collective consciousness of most of the UK.

Yep all those. Dr. Who and the Invaders too. Although Lost in Space was complete rubbish. But I also watched Tomorrow's World, Horizon and the Sky at Night.

Now go fantasise.

edit on 8/8/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I am probably going to upset a lot of Christians but there is no real proof 'Jesus' ever existed. So it's dead in the water (that was never turned into wine). Even if you go with the Christ story, he had no descendants. End of story.

Yes only a few billon to include John Burroughs himself Mirageman.

As far as the source of the info, it has come directly from John Burroughs re the unique DNA he and his son share.
Only two on the planet if I heard correctly on the recent show.

As far as the Jesus DNA story goes one can go to the first responders page to view an exchange which went on about the all of that. There is more.

I really would hate to upset a few Christians, I have seen first hand how sensitive this issue can be. We also know Linda
Howe herself considers Jesus to be the answer to everything etc etc.

Don't know the book sounds pretty wild !

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join