It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And while I remember, and on the subject of Magicians....

Can the Vacuum Be Engineered for Space¯ ight Applications?
Overview of Theory and Experiments1
H. E. PUTHOFF
Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin, 4030 W. Braker Lane, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78759-5329
Abstract Ð Quantum theory predicts, and experiments verify, that empty
space (the vacuum) contains an enormous residual background energy
known as zero-point energy (ZPE). Originally thought to be of significance
only for such esoteric concerns as small perturbations to atomic emission
processes, it is now known to play a role in large-scale phenomena of interest
to technologists as well, such as the inhibition of spontaneous emission, the
generation of short-range attractive forces (e.g., the Casimir force), and the
possibility of accounting for sonoluminescence phenomena. ZPE topics of
interest for spaceflight applications range from fundamental issues (where
does inertia come from, can it be controlled?), through laboratory attempts to
extract useful energy from vacuum fluctuations (can the ZPE be ª minedº for
practical use?), to scientifically grounded extrapolations concerning ª engineering
the vacuumº (is ª warp-driveº space propulsion a scientific possibility?).
Recent advances in research into the physics of the underlying ZPE indicate
the possibility of potential application in all these areas of interest.....

.....Where does this leave us? As we peer into the heavens from the depth of our
gravity well, hoping for some 'magic' solution that will launch our spacefarers
first to the planets and then to the stars, we are reminded of Arthur C.

Clarke’s phrase that highly-advanced technology is essentially indistinguishable
from magic. Fortunately, such magic appears to be waiting in the wings of
our deepening understanding of the quantum vacuum in which we live.

www.earthtech.org...

acoustics-research.physics.ucla.edu...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So, Adam, you think they were messing with heads at Rendlesham?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

Speaking of magic didn't Hal believe Uri Geller really had special powers?

I think Gary McAllister did back during Euro 96 too but then decided it was just a bad attack of wind at the wrong time

There are also a lot of claims that Hal is a bit of a crank leeching cash from government and donors to fund his weird hobbies. He joined scientology after a very promising career in 1970. He seemed to be unable to discern that the E-Meter (invented by Old Father Hubbard) wasn't much use at all despite all of his brain matter and qualifications.

According to Jeffrey Richelson’s book The Wizards of Langley, Puthoff obtained the desired funding from Bill Church, the owner of Church’s Chicken, to the tune of $10,000 seed money in order to start conducting “ESP experiments.”

In the 1973 book, The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird, the authors outlined an example of how this brilliant scientist, who was formerly on track to become one of the world’s foremost quantum physicists, started conducting E-meter research. One particular experiment involved connecting an E-meter to one egg in order to measure the galvanic response when he broke another egg nearby. Needless to say, he made the absolutely ground breaking discovery that chicken eggs do not have feelings.

Full story : www.topsecretwriters.com...

At least we know he proved that the chicken came before the egg experiment. But his tendency to veer towards strange beliefs and how he just walked away from the crazy dudes in scientology should make everyone go hmmm!

edit on 8/4/2018 by mirageman because: fix link

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

JV still thinks Uri Geller was mostly genuine.

We talked about it briefly.

What he explained to me sounded compelling.

Of course that's just his observations.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: AdamE

Speaking of magic didn't Hal believe Uri Geller really had special powers?

Hal certainly believed Uri proved that he could do 'some things' that were unexplainable, similar to Newtons, Gravity. It is there, but how does it work.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

They may be correct observations Kev. I remain divided in my thoughts myself. It was interesting that Annie Jacobson spent a few days with him and family. I was re listening to the video the GUT provided yesterday, fascinating stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

At the 5-min mark in the vid below Russell Targ states the following to a laughing audience:

“The most remarkable thing we were able to do was to get the CIA to study that for 20-yrs.”

He states it somewhere else in the vid too and mentions the amount of 25-Million they received to do it.

There’s also a version of a pic of Hal Puthoff, Kit Green, Pat Price and Targ I haven’t seen before either.

Don’t get me wrong, Targ is obviously a true believer…but was it all just a 25-Million experiment in gullibility like the E-Meter and The Egg? If there is statistical evidence for psychokinesis--and there seems to possibly be--it also seems so thin as to be generally useless. Maybe, instead, what Geller demonstrated and related topics that were found during the RV program was closer to poltergeist phenomena.

edit on 8-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

JV still thinks Uri Geller was mostly genuine.

We talked about it briefly.

What he explained to me sounded compelling.

Of course that's just his observations.

And Geller seems the perfect modern example of Hansen's observation about the trickster. I see Billy Meier as a possible along those lines too.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Our very own Derren Brown has done very similar conjuring and mental tricks but never claimed they were special powers. Just the clever application of showmanship, presentation, psychology, misdirection and the power of suggestion.

Now that $25m may well not have been wasted. It just wasn't spent on studying what we've been led to believe they were studying. What we've been led to believe by the clever application of showmanship, presentation, psychology, misdirection and the power of suggestion.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It's my personal opinion that there is not a single human being in the world
who can "control psychic powers".

On the other hand, when "the powers that be" want some effect to happen,
then it does 100% of the time.

Now, it seems that some people can wheedle the phenomenon to almost
cooperate.. partially and sometimes.. but I think that it's only when
that person is especially entertaining to the viewing audience
(among the powers that be).

(for example Uri Geller is very entertaining I take it).

In other cases, there might be a blood-line thing... where an entire
family is involved with some sort of entertaining connection to
'the powers that be'.

This is the entire reason for the "trickster effect' being so "unreliable"..
you are dealing with living beings who have a mind of their own,
and we have no control over them whatsoever.

That's my take.

The people who falsely believe that they "have control" make some of
the most mirthful buffoons of all... very entertaining... so they are
sometimes, for a period of time, allowed to be "successful"... to
allow them a noose to hang themselves... so to speak.

I've noticed this is how it goes with various practicing occultists i've
known at any rate.

Kev

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Has anyone studied the (supposedly) thousands of people who were "affected by" Uri Geller..
with them being at home.. and he being on TV/Radio?

now mind you, that could be conversion disorder too...

but if it's conversion disorder.. it's one hella massive case of it.. almost like convincing a country
of people that UFO's exist, when they never did.

Kev

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

In Britain psychics etc. have to confirm what they do is for entertainment only. Although Uri Geller lived here for a long time, made a lot of money and quite frankly he is one of the best at what he does.

Derren Brown (sorry for using him again. I have no affiliation to him. But he's very good at what he does) did conduct an experiment about a decade ago to see if he could put people in a position where they felt they could not stand and were stuck in their seats.

If you do watch the above video in full and remain stuck in your chair then no responsibility can be taken. Sadly Stephen Hawking did not live long enough to win his case against Derren Brown so be warned!

The general consensus was that with most people it didn't work.

Geller, who is a master at his art, he would often go on shows and ask people to fetch an old clock or watch that hadn't worked for years. Then ask you to shake it and shout work or similar. Only the people who phoned in when they started working again were featured on the shows. He has been caught out a number of times. Others who want to believe will choose to make excuses because he was having a bad spoon day. To me that suggests he can't have any special powers but is a master of deception. Why one would be useful to the CIA one can only imagine.

Disclaimer: Some of what I say is purely for entertainment purposes. I've just watched that video and am having a bad chair day.

edit on 8/4/2018 by mirageman because: add disclaimer

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Keep going am enjoying this...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Don't tell me. You're fixed to your seat?

This one might help our cousins across the pond as more of them will be familiar with James Corden (or Smithy as we know him!). Can you see what he did there?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If you study the Trickster and the Paranormal and actually study the paranormal,
I think you'd come to gather enough data to seriously consider that there is at
times something "paranormal" going on.. and it's not just trickery..

For example The Gut discusses, and he's correct.. if that stuff is real,
(i'm 99.9% convinced it is, due to many experiences) it's also NOT and NEVER
will be "reliable".

I'd advise to keep an open mind, and not to solve all the world's problems
in one day.

It would seem that UFOlogy is 95%+ explained... maybe even 99%.. but there
is still room in the world for mystery.. and always will be.

For example JV verified this story to be true:

www.urigeller.com...

And i think there was also spoon bending verified under his supervision as well..

But... I will certainly agree, and it's consistent with the "Bible" on such topics
(the Trickster and the Paranormal)

Trickery and deception are joined at the hip of *whatever* real weirdness
actually exists (or not).

Kev

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

As we say in Parliament, hear, hear.
What we do not say in Parliament ' I can jive with that'.

The Bible is a book is full of 'magic' and magicians, and also deceivers.

The New Testament is based on the prophecy which is as we know, the telling or prediction of future events.

Jesus' coming was the fulfillment of messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.

So someone is telling lies, if any of this does not exist, on a rather large scale?

I think one of problems with Christianity maybe the following and is just an opinion of mine and no offence is meant to anyone of any faith or Religion......

If say, Jesus was not the only person in the past or possibly the present with say, abilities to heal and prophecy,
would this not make Christianity question its own foundation or central tenet, that only ONE person in history, can be connected to the Divine in the manner Christians are taught or believe?

From what I have found recently, I am now looking into the possible link with some of this phenomena to Zero Point Energy, which is what some of the literature has alluded to.

The way Zero Point Energy works, (ie) extracting energy from the vacuum, could be a similar process that may occur at certain areas of the planet which in turn, may account for the regularity of such phenomena in areas such as Rendlesham, or SkinWalker Ranch for instance.
Much to read.
Have a great day to everyone.

edit on 9-4-2018 by AdamE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

If you study the Trickster and the Paranormal and actually study the paranormal, I think you'd come to gather enough data to seriously consider that there is at times something "paranormal" going on.. and it's not just trickery..

I'm sure you could Kev. But it's probably marginal and not provable by rigorous scientific method. The news headline "Psychic wins millions on Lottery" will never happen because it's 0.01% para and 99.99% normal. I wasn't actually trying to disprove the paranormal. I was trying to point out that Geller has been caught cheating on more than one occasion displaying his 'special powers'. So the logical conclusion would be that he doesn't really have any special powers.

I've already said it but will spell it out. Little stories from eminent scientists studying Geller and saying how great he was (according to his own website) at reading their minds is not proof of anything. These guys were on the payroll of the three letter boys. They were not really studying his 'psychic' powers they were studying clever application of showmanship, presentation, psychology, misdirection and the power of suggestion. And their stories drifting into the public domain may well be the application of these techniques that you now believe were real events.

edit on 9/4/2018 by mirageman because: SIS orders

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The news headline "Psychic wins millions on Lottery" will never happen because it's 0.01% para and 99.99% normal.

Sounds like good odds to me but it wouldn't pass a democratic vote.
The odds change over time due to hindsight bias effects.
Suppose a ghost with a sword is summoned by seance to Recover the lottery winnings.
Later the ghost is explained as a trickster child of the deceased selling war bonds.
Only a few of the people involved in the seance see the actual paranormal feat.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Am not quite fixed to my seat Mirageman.

Here is a clip of a rather "Starstruck" Annie. Where then does this take us with the three good doctors. Green, Sarfatti and Puthoff.

www.c-span.org.../annie-jacobsen-uri-geller

I find Darren very enjoyable and will give some feed back when I see him in reality very soon . I would be equally fascinated by Geller but there is the but but factor in play as you have pointed out.

edit on 9-4-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I mostly agree with you.

But you are missing the entire point.

That's ok.. it's ok that we disagree for once.

Kev

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join