It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

What do you mean argue, they are all the best of Friends, anyway regards a forth night I'm sure the good Colonel will say no one was out there...😁

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62
a reply to: AdamE

I listened to the show, John thinks that a forth night would make sense after what Adrian and Larry has said over the years, this idea is not new as other people have often wondered if there was a forth night, Sunday 28 into Monday 29.

That’s peculiar…

The ‘fourth night’ has been brought up in the old Rendlesham forum almost 10 years ago.

John Burroughs also participated in this discussion and was very clear about it:

There was never a forth night. On the third night is when the lightalls were taken out there not sure when they took them out there. The reason why you never heard them was they would not work and we had troble with our radios on all 3 nights. Bustinza could have brought out the lightalls and then stayed with Halts party once it formed up. They could have even put the lightalls out just in case somthing happened again Im sure they were statring to wonder what was going on after 2 nights in a row and the fact the shift commander was so shook up from the second night. There was never a forth night just 3 nights.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Looks like he has changed his mind then, this is why RFI gives me a headache.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

If there are other nights then the "Jim Show" is diminished.

Frankly, for me, the three nights are such a mess, that I'm barely intetested in them.

Im more interested in the plasma research that was being done nearby and other nights.

I've about had a belly full of disinformation and psyops.

Its important work mind you.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Frankly, for me, the three nights are such a mess, that I'm barely intetested in them.

That and a load more besides!

Im more interested in the plasma research that was being done nearby and other nights.

What do you think of Andrew Pikes research?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Unrelated to your specific post 101 but are you up to speed re the what's out there re the explanations of the Sacred Destination findings.

According to Osborn Jim was hacked or could of been, there is a very large write up re it all.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

According to Osborn Jim was hacked or could of been, there is a very large write up re it all.

I think the data clearly leads us in another direction but like every other story this one will find its audience, too...

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Whatever the "real" story is, the hacking story sounds the least likely.

There is little interest in the codes anyway.

Back to the 3 or 4 nights. Well I guess John changed his mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I am sure the earth will be shattered by the news when the secret of the binary codes is finally secreted. Now into it's eight year of de-codification.

I have yet to catch up with the radio show. But re the possibility of there being a Fourth Night I noticed on the forum G101 linked to there is a post

From- Left At East Gate (latest edition)
Capt. Verrano wrote

There were definitely three nights of UFO incidents. C flight shift worked the first two nights. D flight rotated back on the 28th, The logbook for the month and plans and blotters were missing after D flight’s first night after break, I think because the sightings that night involved far too many people to fully contain.

Verrano confirmed that Warren’s account started on Dec. 28.. Halt after denying it and trying to contain it, attempted to conflate two events into one.

T..Egercic operated the net radio transmissions after midnight. He said that for four nights there were strange lights over Rendlesham Forest..

My initial posting stands confirmed.

25/26-Thursday/Friday- Burroughs, Penniston, Cabansac

26/27-Friday/Saturday- shift commander relieved of duty "was freaked out by the beams of light that lit up her vehicle and the blue lights that “ passed threw her vehicle and caused her vehicle to shut down. They also lost radio contact with her for over 10 min."”.

27/28-Saturday/ Sunday- Halt and his team

28/29-Sunday/Monday- Warren's encounter

Source

I would say that Verrano's quote is in some way backed up with Tim Egercic's comments in Georgina Bruni's book "You Can't Tell the People".

courtesy "You Can't Tell the People" - Georgina Bruni

The problem I do have would be with the claim that the 28th/29th Dec 1980 was Warren's Encounter. Mainly because he has claimed on numerous occasions that he saw John Burroughs out on the same night as him. Unless Burroughs was out there for another night (which I don't think he's ever claimed) then Larry's story that he saw him doesn't add up.

There is also another time line provided by Colonel Ted Conrad to Dr. David Clarke back in 2010.

In presenting Col Conrad’s detailed narrative of the events, I have altered the dating to reflect this agreed chronology (comments in square brackets are my own - i.e. Dr.David Clarke's comments):

The precise chronology of the events, agreed with Col Conrad in September 2010, is:

Date-Time (approx)- Events

Friday- 26/12/80

0300 GMT Lights seen in Rendlesham forest

0310 Penniston, Burroughs, Cabansag sent to- investigate

0411 Amn Armold, CSA calls Suffolk police

0430 Approx termination of forest sojourn

0700 SP shift ended

1900 Suffolk police revisit ‘landing site’ (unimpressed)

2130- SPs arrive at party, ‘they’re back’; Lt Col Halt commences ride along with shift- leader

Saturday, 27/12/80

0230- Halt returns home after seeing nothing- unusual

0730Col Conrad and Major Zickler talk about previous day’s events, blotter entries etc

0930- Sgt Penniston gives narrative of events on- 26 December, interviewed by Col Conrad

1100- Team identified, briefed on investigative-efforts, including Lt Col Halt, SPinvestigators, SSgt Nevels as Geigercounter and Starlight scope operators and-photographer

1330- Col Conrad visits ‘landing site’

2200-Personnel still in place, including Lt Col Halt

Sunday, 28/12/80

0200-Halt begins reporting by radio 2nd set of-sightings. No lights or objects seen by Woodbridge residents who were outside-looking. Alerted SP’s at Bentwaters, but-they saw nothing unusual.

Source

However even with Clarke's 'corrections' Conrad was not clear on the exact dates if you read through the whole interview and this accompanying article as well..

If I have any regrets, it is that I should have challenged Lt Col Halt’s account of the events on the night of 28 December. However since I wanted to avoid the appearance of shaping the story....

I don't believe the Suffolk Police attended at 19:00 on Boxing Day (26th Dec 80) as their own memo confirms it was 10:30am after an earlier visit in the small hours.

See Suffolk Police file on the case : PDF Link

The officer attending was far from impressed.

Also the police report also says no documented evidence shows officers were present between 27th -31st Dec 1980.

All of that seems to contradict Bustinza's claims (and Warren's) that British "Bobbies" were present. Unless of course they were not from the Suffolk Police Force.

Other problems with the Clarke/Conrad timeline are :

* There is no mention of the Bonnie Tamplin incident on the evening of the 26th Dec 1980.

* The "Awards Party" ,where Halt was informed the UFO was back, is dated as the evening of the 26th (not 27th) of December. Halt is also claimed to return home after "seeing nothing unusual" at 2:30am on the morning of the 27th.

* Penniston is mentioned as giving a narrative of events from the 26th@ 9:30 on Saturday the 27th. The date he wrote in his infamous notebook and the day he had his binary refinery moment.

* Then we have the mention that Conrad's "...Team identified, briefed on investigative efforts" and Conrad himself visits the landing site at 13:30 on Sat 27th Dec 1980. Despite this supposedly being the day after the Tamplin meltdown. We are also told 'Halt' is still in place at 22:00.

* Finally we are told that "0200-Halt begins reporting by radio 2nd set of-sightings." in the early hours of Sunday 28th Dec 1980.

Conclusions

Can we put this all down to just faded memories and errors?

I can't forgive Halt screwing up dates on his memo in January of 1981. He can't use the excuse he tried to do it all from memory when his staff meeting minutes, personal tape(s), police blotters and witness interview documents should have all been readily available to him.

But I would say that Colonel Conrad's memories some 30 years after the events are possibly confused and were not helped by Clarke's apparent lack of knowledge of the events of the 26th/27th. This being the night of Bonnie Tamplin's strange experience. What Clarke then seems to have done is moved everything forward 24 hours to accommodate Conrad's apparent confusion. But was he confused? Because he definitely places Halt out on two nights.

So if you re-adjust Conrad's timeline to accommodate Tamplin's incident then you have Colonel Halt reporting sightings at 2:00 on the 29th Dec 1980. Just like it says in his memo.

I have no idea if John Burroughs covered this in his radio show. If he didn't then I would say this is all a bit of a mess and needs further investigation.

edit on 28/1/2018 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It was my pleasure mirageman.

So where does this leave Major Malcolm Zickler whose name is mentioned within this possible fourth night according to the Bustinza transcript?

He does not appear in the original Halt memo, as far as I can tell.

Also, there is this?

Before joining GE, Malcolm was Chief, Active Defense Branch (ground defense, intelligence, counterintelligence, ground based air defenses) at Eglin AFB. Three notable projects that he headed during his tenure were developing the original Concept of Operations for what ultimately became TASS, developing the Mobile Weapon system for ground to ground and ground to air protection for air bases and developing the war fighting concept to evaluate security forces against the projected enemy. The result of his work was the first demonstration/exercise that used actual air and ground attackers to attempt to render a European Air Base unusable. He went to extensive lengths to create a realistic scenario by cratering runways with explosives and cutting communications trunk lines. The exercise was a huge success and highlighted the need for ongoing realistic training and integrated base sensor systems.
www.therendleshamforestincident.com...

The TASS, an intrusion-detection system, protects a military installation by using…
thermal imaging cameras, radars and even mini-unmanned aerial vehicles to detect threats along its perimeter. A centralized tower gathers the information and reports it to a computer at the base defense operations center, where operators pinpoint the threat’s exact location and decide how to act upon it.
www.defensereview.com...

Would any of the apparent involvement of Major Zickler be an early version of TASS, hence his decision towards the following?....

AB – Yes, a squadron, pararescue squadron was activated.

LF – Pararescue. Where were they from? Woodbridge?

AB – Woodbridge they weren’t very far away as a matter of fact.

LF – Do you know how many were up at the time?

AB – I recall Major Zickler said, scramble two, I believe he said.

LF – Two?

AB – Two. I think that’s what he prescribed, two.

Unfortunately, this may have been discussed before, but I have not spent years involved in the case unlike some!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes Zickler is an interesting character. It's also notable in Conrad's timeline how he mentions briefing him as well.

Your link also says

Malcolm Zickler was the commander who ran the investigation into The Rendlesham Forest Incident.

Malcolm's career accelerated after the incident, he went from SSgt to Chief in less than 8 years. Malcolm has been the President of Woodbridge Security Engineering Group, Inc.

See also : Link

Not bad going at all for someone who's investigation does not seem to have been made public in any way, shape or form.

As I've said before. I think there was a dysfunctional relationship amongst some of the higher ranks at the base. This could explain why it took almost a month to notify the UK MoD and why the Base Commander did not write the memo. There could be a lot more to it than that but that would become wild speculation.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I don't know. I was not able to get his book. It disappeared from print.
I did gyrations to get his one interview from a British UFO
"rag". It didn't say much.

As Valee says, RFI was a test.. I buy that..

But I suspect that Andrew's plasma research or some other research in
the area threw an unintended "monkey wrench" into things.

But I don't know.

I'm both fascinated and disgusted by RFI.

Now.. was there a "BTUFO" or other plasma event over RFI?

Seems like there was.

But what i know about "BTUFO" is that they fry people's brains
(and maybe heart valves in this case)..

as the one I saw up close did to me.

So after your brain is fried.. you get all messed up for years..
and say all this crazy stuff.. just like JP did.

Its probably impossible to ever know what really happened.

Kev

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yes, I need some of them and I'm betting you lot will to...😁

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And if I may, one last discussion point at the end of the show was how Larry may have been involved...

AB – Uh-huh. I went on my three days off after that.
LF – OK.
AB – See because Larry’s shift and my shift intermixed.
LF – OK.
AB – When they were working days, we were interlapping with each other.

Adrian was on the last midnight shift, so would Larry have started his morning shift on 29th, (as I am unaware of the shift patterns) intermixing with the midnight shift, where Adrian told Larry his story after either contact on a stair well or with a note slipped under the door?

Then maybe it was after this and Larry heard Adrian's account, Larry tried to phone his mum to get it out?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I think I covered that in this post above.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ah, so you did.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So no official reports of the suffolk police being out there on other nights, well, it wouldn't be surprising if what was going on was out of this world or some top secret weapons test.
if there was a fourth night of activity, where the really important stuff happened, the authorities would want everyone to think there was only 3 nights.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

No official reports that the Suffolk Police were out there other than the early morning of Boxing Day 26th December and then during daylight later that morning. But does that mean there were no police out there? What if they weren't from Suffolk? That's highly speculative of course?

There is circumstantial evidence see my post earlier that comes from at least two personnel. One being the Base Commander at the time!

But it needs looking into in more detail before jumping to any conclusions. I will see if I can dig up anything else over the next week or so.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Hi, mirageman, is it true that a police siren can be heard on the good quality version of halt tape, I think Larry Warren and others have said so.

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join