It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

Very good post Adam , but I cant expand on this at this time (time restraints), but it certainly is well worth you bringing all of this up in my opinion.

Happy New Year to you and everyone here on this ATS string.

I hope we will all continue with interesting discussions during 2018.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks for sparing the time to pull that together and Happy New Year to you Adam.

I do share some of Arby's concerns. Hypnostism has been proven to be unreliable for releasing suppressed memories. In fact it's so unreliable that I wonder why it continues to be the go to solution for people who have had UFO experiences.

See Link

So my guess is that Burroughs was unconsciously fantasising about what happened to him in that hypnosis session and his for the interest of the Hopi people could you expand on that a bit?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Is it possible the binary stuff was a false memory implanted by hypnosis...maybe on purpose?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

I would say that's a very big possibility. Although hypnosis is possibly just a part of the whole narrative.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would have no hesitation in saying the U.S. Government has additional information regarding the Redlesham Forest Incident. Unfortunately I don't expect to hear anything about it anytime soon though, sadly.

source

“For many years the US said we don’t do UFO’s but the Pentagon has had a programme all along,” says Nick. It is not known exactly what details may be inside the file but Nick believes the incident at Rendlesham has a strong case for inclusion. “It’s inconceivable to me that information on the Rendlesham Forest incident wouldn’t be in that dossier, as it’s the UK’s best-known and most credible UFO incident, and because it involved US personnel at USAF bases,” says Nick. “It’s a big deal. It may be that the Pentagon has data nobody in the UK (even in the MoD) has about the case, and possibly a definitive explanation for the Rendlesham mystery.”

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Both the "First Responders" ( Jim and company) and John have promoted one of the Hopi dolls. In Johns case he has often put out information relating to the Hopi and clearly has had a close connection to this element for him on a personal level.

In the case of Jim, I suppose the one Hopi doll has attire which has a resemblance to one of the glyphs on the alleged craft.

americanindianoriginals.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Thanks for sparing the time to pull that together and Happy New Year to you Adam.

I do share some of Arby's concerns. Hypnostism has been proven to be unreliable for releasing suppressed memories. In fact it's so unreliable that I wonder why it continues to be the go to solution for people who have had UFO experiences.

See Link

So my guess is that Burroughs was unconsciously fantasising about what happened to him in that hypnosis session and his for the interest of the Hopi people could you expand on that a bit?

I understand these concerns too but leads me to ask why they would then be used as part of interrogation methods/techniques as has been reported?

I will expand on the Hopi people as soon as I have researched some more material on the subject.

Congratulations too mirageman, on the new Bigelow thread. A great read and a great add for the New year.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hi Adam,

I've been a bit pre-occupied with the other thread. However re: the use of hypnosis.

....why they would then be used as part of interrogation methods/techniques as has been reported?

If you read through the link I provided it shows an example of exactly why hypnosis is unreliable. It can, even inadvertently, create false memories.

....Dr Orne asking a young woman whether she slept well the night before. She says she has, and he records this conversation. He then hypnotises her and suggests she was awoken in the night by the sound of an explosion 'like a car backfiring'. She accepts this suggestion.

He then awakens her and again asks her how she slept the night before. This time she tells him she 'remembers' being woken up in the night by an explosion noise - 'like a car backfiring'. He then play her the tape of her earlier conviction (prior to his suggestions) that she had not been woken up - much to her confusion.

This is the scenario that may have affected Cookie. The voice she remembered is not on the radio or in her head while sitting in a truck. It is the voice of the hypnotist.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

In the USA, there doesn't seem to be much reluctance to just kill people or otherwise destroy their lives.

How are the always polite Brits in this regard?

Do the Brits manhandle people at all?

Are you thinking that drugs and hypnosis may have been used a bit to change peoples memories?

Of course tea and biscuits would be served to the victims...

Just curious if Bentwaters turned out a little differently than most incidents...due to foreign soil.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

....Dr Orne asking a young woman whether she slept well the night before. She says she has, and he records this conversation. He then hypnotises her and suggests she was awoken in the night by the sound of an explosion 'like a car backfiring'. She accepts this suggestion.

He then awakens her and again asks her how she slept the night before. This time she tells him she 'remembers' being woken up in the night by an explosion noise - 'like a car backfiring'. He then play her the tape of her earlier conviction (prior to his suggestions) that she had not been woken up - much to her confusion.

This is the scenario that may have affected Cookie. The voice she remembered is not on the radio or in her head while sitting in a truck. It is the voice of the hypnotist.

I obviously need to look at the use of hypnosis in the sense of implanting false memories? Am I correct?
I have very little knowledge on the subject and very much appreciate the information you have provided.
I also understand that you are busy due to the new thread.
There is no rush in responding to anything I post on this thread.
I am also very busy but in other ways!
Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

In the USA, there doesn't seem to be much reluctance to just kill people or otherwise destroy their lives. How are the always polite Brits in this regard?

Check out the the 1980 Iranian Embassy Siege . Six months before the RFI. Or Operation Flavius in 1988.

Although the events of the RFI happened off base on UK public land any 'debriefings', and whatever else may have gone on, would have almost certainly been conducted back on the Twin Bases and under US jurisdiction. One witness claims they were interrogated by personnel with American and British accents. Although there is nothing to prove that beyond anecdotal evidence. We have been told drugs and hypnosis were used to alter memories by a few witnesses too.

Kettle's boiling old chap. Back later.

edit on 13/1/2018 by mirageman because: tea

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Hypnosis is unreliable for retrieving supressed memories. It can also lead to false memories as well.
That's about all you need to know. Checkout Derren Brown's work, a British illusionist/Entertainer who uses psychology, deception and hypnosis in his shows. There's a lot of stuff on Youtube.

Now where did I put the digestive biscuits?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I have some Mirageman. Ginger snaps or digestives?

I think the Cookie story requires closer examination.

edit on 13-1-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I have some Mirageman. Ginger snaps or digestives?

I think the Cookie story requires closer examination.

So it was you taking the biscuit?

The Cookie story is interesting all right. Even though it doesn't fit easily with the other stories. I also have a bit of a problem with Tamplin's story on the middle night. Little is known about it. But I am fairly she would not have ventured off base alone. The information on that part of events is sadly almost none-existent.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That's just regular commando stuff.

Heck, I was part of the operation to rescue the hostages during the second embassy
crisis around 1983 (it was a classified op, and I was instructed to say nothing about
it for 10 years).

I was asking more about drugging/abusing people involved with "UFOs", etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There's not a lot. There's the mysterious APEN organisation who went around threatening ufologists in the 70s and 80s. No real drugs or violence appears to have been involved. There are some 'Men-In-Black' type stories. More recently there was the Max Spiers death conspiracy. Generally speaking there isn't anything I can particularly recall. But then as I said earlier in the thread you don't get many former intel employees writing books and talking about UFOs over here.

Before anyone brings up Nick Pope it should be pointed out that there was no "UFO Desk or Project" at the UK MoD. So he was never head of any such project. His job description at the MoD is a matter of record in MoD File DEFE 24-2000. It was mainly a desk job that involved dealing with queries from the public and media.

Not that I wish Nick anything but goodwill by the way.

edit on 13/1/2018 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

MM, what do you think about the chap who was given that digital zero and ones message?

If true, he had a hell of memory to record that accurately.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well I don't know how much you've kept up with the thread. But between us we had our doubts and Guest101 discovered that all the co-ordinates provided by Penniston appeared on a website before he gave the big reveal at the very end of 2010.

See here

So it looks like he may have made it all up. There is the possibility he was messed about with via nefarious mind scrambling though which means the rabbit hole may well go a lot deeper.
edit on 13/1/2018 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

Well I don't know how much you've kept up with the thread. But between us we had our doubts and Guest101 discovered that all the co-ordinates provided by Penniston appeared on a website before he gave the big reveal at the very end of 2010.

See here

So it looks like he may have made it all up. There is the possibility he was messed about with via nefarious mind scrambling though which means the rabbit hole may well go a lot deeper.

Some people have good memories, and tend to disgorge entire chunks of content from their subconsious,
rather like Hellen keller did as described in the book "Phenomenon".

the man might be innocent of conscious deception.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

the man might be innocent of conscious deception.

Sure, but how does one get around the co-ordinates having been lifted from Sacred-Destinations?

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join