It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

A little bird has just informed me that "Left at East Gate" is being withdrawn from sale.

Announcement Left at East Gate

Cosimo is announcing that it is suspending the distribution of the book, Left at East Gate, by Larry Warren and Peter Robbins.

Left at East Gate had originally been published by Marlowe & Company in 1997 and had received widespread praise from UFO experts and others. This book describes what some have called the most significant military UFO incident in history, that took place at RAF Bentwaters, a NATO base in the United Kingdom in 1980. Recently, however, it has been brought to our attention that some of the experiences described in this book may be inaccurate or embellished.

Cosimo is committed to publishing both new and out-of-print books that offer enduring value. We, at Cosimo, will continue to do so in order to inform and inspire our readers. As part of our mission, we specialize in making rare and unique out-of-print books available again, as we did with Left at East Gate.

As an independent publisher, we look for quality books in a wide range of genres from public affairs and personal development to history, philosophy and niche subjects such as ufology, and then make a determination whether these books fit well within our catalog. At this moment, we cannot be certain that Left at East Gate still meets this standard. Consequently, we have decided to suspend the distribution of this book, until the situation surrounding it has been clarified to our satisfaction.

Source : cosimoblog.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well that's encouraging, good to see Cosimo has ethics standards that are adhered to.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That is good.
When something is demonstrably wrong, it should not be spread any further.

This field, if such it can be called, is sorely in need of some standards.

Cheers,
BT

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I wonder if they will be doing the same re other books.

It will be interesting to see what stands the test of time.

The binary books should be interesting, after all its claimed on
here that the co-ordinates come from Sacred-Destinations.

As there is nothing in print yet, one can only wonder if its
going to suffer the same fate.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Another case that occurred just two weeks after the RFI in France.

While Rendlesham is widely understood to be Britain's most important UFO case, another major case took place in France less than two weeks later. It involved a close encounter by a reliable witness, physical trace evidence, and extensive investigation by qualified scientists. Although less dramatic than Rendlesham, the physical evidence it left behind makes it the most important case in French ufology.

At his home near Nice during the afternoon of January 8, 1981, 55 year-old Renato Niccolai heard a whistling sound outside and went to investigate. On the edge of his property, just above the trees about 250 feet away, he saw an object that looked like two saucers, one upside down against the other. it was dull grey and about four or five feet high. The object landed in his field of wild alfalfa, but stayed on the ground only briefly. He soon heard the whistling sound again, louder this time.

The object rose to treetop height and shot off to the north-east. Before it left, he noticed additional details, including landing feet and trap doors. Niccolai told his wife and the police, who arrived within 24 hours - They in turn notified France’s official UFO investigative body, GEPAN, part of the Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales [CNES]. They found a circle on the ground about seven feet in diameter; nearby plants looked diseased or damaged. Several laboratories studied plant and soil samples, showing consistent and bizarre results. The leaves in the affected area had lost 30-50% of their chlorophyll pigment. Scientists could not duplicate this effect, even with radiation. Speculation centred on “some type of electric energy field ” causing the damage. Niccolai was interviewed many times, with no indications of mental issues, dishonesty, or even exaggeration. Forty davs after the event, traces of the craft’s impact were still perceptible.

Source : Richard Dolan : UFOS and the National Security State 'The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991'

I don't know if it has any relevance at all to this case or the RFI. But a certain Frenchmen made a very intriguing video about Magnetic Fields that very same year.

Enjoy,endure or ignore...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Enjoy,endure or ignore...

You are a bright spark MM. I shall both endure AND enjoy.....

edit on 20-10-2017 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I also wonder what happened to Adrain Bustinza (AB) when he was at Mather Air Force Base. In an interview with Larry Fawcett (FC) from 1987he says:

– There, we didn’t really see muchwe were all out on the perimeter. The alert pad and bright lights lit up the whole area, and there was something in the middle of the pad but hovering about, oh, forty, fifty feet above in the air. Real shiny lights. You couldn’t even look up at it really–bright, bright lights all around. And then it just disappeared. We called it in, they just started laughing at us.

LF – What was your unit at the time? AB – 320 SPS. LF – What year was that, do you remember? AB – ’77,’78, or ’79. LF – You don’t remember exactly?

AB – I don’t remember exactly. I put that one way behind me. It was one of the first times and the last one for me until I went to Bentwaters. Full source : Linkext

Now there seems to be some memory blockage there as Bustinza was at Bentwaters in 1980. So why can he only say the Mather incident happened in one of three years before he got there. Or was he intentionally being vague?

There sure are a lot of unanswered questions aren't there?

I have been living within a few miles of Mather AFB all my life, which started well before 1977!
I have never heard of this incident, and I've always followed UFO and paranormal stuff, so this strikes me as iffy.

BTW, anyone catch Expedition Unknown the other night, the third part of a 4 episode series on UFO's/Aliens? On this episode Josh went to Bentwaters and met with Charles Halt and a radar guy who verified the object did show up on radar. After talking to them he tried to see if the lights they saw were or were not the lighthouse. They hadn't fired it up in years, so they got it going and Josh went to the spot(s) in the forest were the lights had been seen. Nada. He then went to the top of the highest building at the base and he could see the lighthouse. It was obviously a cycle that kept repeating, and the light was white, no colors as the witnesses described. Halt seemed like a standup guy and genuine in what he recounted.

Also on this show he talked to the kids (now adults) in Zimbabwe who all witnessed a craft land and humanoids outside the school. Very interesting, they too seemed genuine to me
edit on 10/20/2017 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

a reply to: AdamE

Looking forward to it Adam. That is definitely a subject we all overlook if we are honest.

Hi mirageman. Just some thoughts about the first night. Better out than in! Plasma Sheaths.

I have been going through some interviews and noticed John mentioning something like double layer plasma.
I think it was along the train of thought that he walked into one 'plasma sheath' but within there was another one that Jim got closer to (or entered?)

This was suggested as possible reason for there being a different perspective/perception of what was being seen?

Double Layer Plasma...
en.wikipedia.org...(plasma_physics)

The figure shows the localised perturbation of potential produced by an idealised double layer consisting of two oppositely charged discs. The perturbation is zero at a distance from the double layer in every direction.

(My note: Reminds me of Alcubierre?)

Would anything that was possibly going on underground create a sort of Plasma arcing in the forest?

Could it cause the following effect (or any other?) to any potential object in the area?

Arching Problems in the Plasma
May 01, 2015
"Arcing" is quite often an issue with any sputtering process and can lead to disastrous results if not properly maintained or, more preferably, eliminated. When we say "arcing" we are referring to the electrical potential applied to the sputtering target surface shorting over to ground potential through the plasma during the deposition process causing a short circuit. This high energy displacement can cause severe damage to the equipment being employed (power supply, cathode assembly, magnetic enhancement, substrate, etc.) and more than likely will cause damage to the target itself, depending on the amount energy being dissipated
www.plasmaterials.com...

edit on 20-10-2017 by AdamE because: missed a word

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamE

Looking forward to it Adam. That is definitely a subject we all overlook if we are honest.

Hi mirageman. Just some thoughts about the first night. Better out than in! Plasma Sheaths.

I have been going through some interviews and noticed John mentioning something like double layer plasma.
I think it was along the train of thought that he walked into one 'plasma sheath' but within there was another one that Jim got closer to (or entered?)

This was suggested as possible reason for there being a different perspective/perception of what was being seen?

Double Layer Plasma...
en.wikipedia.org...(plasma_physics)

The figure shows the localised perturbation of potential produced by an idealised double layer consisting of two oppositely charged discs. The perturbation is zero at a distance from the double layer in every direction.

(My note: Reminds me of Alcubierre?)

Would anything that was possibly going on underground create a sort of Plasma arcing in the forest?

Could it cause the following effect (or any other?) to any potential object in the area?

Arching Problems in the Plasma
May 01, 2015
"Arcing" is quite often an issue with any sputtering process and can lead to disastrous results if not properly maintained or, more preferably, eliminated. When we say "arcing" we are referring to the electrical potential applied to the sputtering target surface shorting over to ground potential through the plasma during the deposition process causing a short circuit. This high energy displacement can cause severe damage to the equipment being employed (power supply, cathode assembly, magnetic enhancement, substrate, etc.) and more than likely will cause damage to the target itself, depending on the amount energy being dissipated
www.plasmaterials.com...

Update. I have also been reading the following present day paper which quotes from references from 1961 to 1965 as well as more recent.

GEODA is a smart, conformal multi-array antenna system
designed for satellite communications. Because of its adaptive
beam, it is possible to contact several satellites at once.

oa.upm.es...

An interesting triangle shaped array for contacting satellites.

If the marks in the ground are genuine, would any possible object in the forest bare any relation to this type of application?

I also refer back to 'Arching Problems in the Plasma' above.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
On another note. Has there been any investigations into SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) and Analog to Digital beam-forming, which would I think may have been applicable at the time as a need to know 'if' ballistic missile defense was involved?

www.radartutorial.eu...

www.radartutorial.eu...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hello Adam. Thank you for posting this information. Some of it is particularly technical in nature so takes a while to digest.

The plasma sheaths you mentioned reminds me of something else I've read but I can't put my finger on where I saw it at present. Will have to come back to you on that one.

On the same subject you don't happen to know exactly which physics project was being worked on by British scientists in the Suffolk area at this time do you? And possibly which organisation was funding it?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Adam, I'd like your opinion. Do you believe that the alleged Project Starfire really controlled satellites via laser pulse? To me it smacks of bravado and hype.

Could I control my Playstation or washing machine or freezer with laser pulses? No.

Did the satellites have a photo diode sensor point to collect and translate laser communications? If not, the I personally can't see how laser control could have worked. As such, Starfire, Bennewitz and and alleged RFI explanation cannot be maintained as they are.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Adam, I'd like your opinion. Do you believe that the alleged Project Starfire really controlled satellites via laser pulse? To me it smacks of bravado and hype.

Could I control my Playstation or washing machine or freezer with laser pulses? No.

Did the satellites have a photo diode sensor point to collect and translate laser communications? If not, the I personally can't see how laser control could have worked. As such, Starfire, Bennewitz and and alleged RFI explanation cannot be maintained as they are.

Hi ctj83.

Is it not just a form of remote control?

by Mary Bellis
Updated August 29, 2017
It was in June of 1956 that the practical television remote controller first entered the American home. However, as far back as 1893, a remote control for television was described by Nikola Tesla in U.S. Patent 613809. The Germans used remote control motorboats during WWI. In the late 1940s, the first non-military uses for remote controls appeared. For example, they were used as automatic garage door openers.
www.thoughtco.com...

According to Greg Bishop, the West gained information on the inner workings of the satellites from the USSR by various 'agents'.

Hacking the system to take control via remote means?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

BTW, anyone catch Expedition Unknown the other night, the third part of a 4 episode series on UFO's/Aliens? On this episode Josh went to Bentwaters and met with Charles Halt and a radar guy who verified the object did show up on radar. After talking to them he tried to see if the lights they saw were or were not the lighthouse. They hadn't fired it up in years, so they got it going and Josh went to the spot(s) in the forest were the lights had been seen. Nada. He then went to the top of the highest building at the base and he could see the lighthouse. It was obviously a cycle that kept repeating, and the light was white, no colors as the witnesses described. Halt seemed like a standup guy and genuine in what he recounted.....

Thanks for letting us know. I've never heard of this series to be honest. A number of us in this thread are from across the Atlantic so are not always familiar with these series. Apparently it is shown on the Travel Channel (satellite and cable - UK and Ireland) for those interested. However some kind soul has added the relevant episode to Youtube. (It may not be there for long!!!).

To skip the usual London icons and shots of a (now almost non-existent) red phonebox go to 20 minutes in for the spiel from Colonel Halt. Interestingly Halt tells us that Burroughs and Penniston saw a metallic triangular craft in the forest. (NB : John B may have something to say about that one....). The rest of his tale is the usual fodder.

Then Gary Baker tells us that radar tapes were removed from RAF Neatishead by MoD officials a couple of days later. The radar operators were then briefed and told this never happened and they were not to talk about. Interestingly he also disputes the official MOD line that the radar was switched off. Hinting at a cover-up by the MoD! Halt then states he believes what he saw was extra-terrestrial.

As for the lighthouse experiment. The forest was cut back in 1981 and then destroyed in large parts after the great storm of 1987. It has since regrown but the foliage is not exactly the same. That and the fact that filming takes place while the trees are still full of leaves. This would not be the case in the depths of an English winter.

So I am not sure what value it was saying it could not be seen from one part of the forest and that it could be from the tower at Bentwaters now. Other than of course to add the slant that the lighthouse is irrelevant for those who skim the surface of this case. I am not saying I think the lighthouse is the sole reason for the RFI just that I do think it confused the men at times.

edit on 24/10/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Why would someone build a satellite with a remote control receiver port? Remember it wouldn’t have required laser control in regular operation or prelaunch programming.

A remote control always requires a receiver - in a television it’s infrared. I question why a satellite would have:

- an infrared style remote receiver
- how the US would know the encoding structure / carrier frequency of the signal
- how the US would know the opcodes / commands and computer chipset of a soviet origin satellite navigation computer

I’m not saying it’s impossible but my problem is that it’s made to seem far too easy.

In other words, I suspect the technology was in reaity:
- adaptive optics to clearly identify and target the overhead satellite
- a second laser would then dazzle or blind the optics

And nothing more.

edit on 24-10-2017 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here is a link to John Burroughs latest.

www.facebook.com...

I wonder what others here might make of this ?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Interestingly Halt tells us that Burroughs and Penniston saw a metallic triangular craft in the forest. (NB : John B may have something to say about that one....).

I don't see him commenting on the matter Mirageman?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Why would someone build a satellite with a remote control receiver port? Remember it wouldn’t have required laser control in regular operation or prelaunch programming.

A remote control always requires a receiver - in a television it’s infrared. I question why a satellite would have:

- an infrared style remote receiver
- how the US would know the encoding structure / carrier frequency of the signal
- how the US would know the opcodes / commands and computer chipset of a soviet origin satellite navigation computer

I’m not saying it’s impossible but my problem is that it’s made to seem far too easy.

In other words, I suspect the technology was in reaity:
- adaptive optics to clearly identify and target the overhead satellite
- a second laser would then dazzle or blind the optics

And nothing more.

Yes. It does seem far too easy, but not impossible.

I agree adaptive optics to clearly identify and target.

So I took a quick look at other possibilities involving laser/light/communication methods available or being studied at the time and found the following.

Coding for the photon channel
Motivated by a recent paper of Pierce, we consider the problem associated with coding for optical communications systems that use photon-counting techniques. Making certain realistic assumptions, we find that external noise sources are negligible, and that channel capacity (measured in nats per photon) is infinite. However, quantum effects made the design of an efficient system at rates above about 5 nats per photon very difficult.
Publication Date: Jan 01, 1979
ntrs.nasa.gov...

Coding for Optical channels with Photon Counting. (May/June 1979)
ipnpr.jpl.nasa.gov...

Optical Communication using Photon Counting (July/August 1979)
ipnpr.jpl.nasa.gov...

Modulation using light?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hello Adam. Thank you for posting this information. Some of it is particularly technical in nature so takes a while to digest.

The plasma sheaths you mentioned reminds me of something else I've read but I can't put my finger on where I saw it at present. Will have to come back to you on that one.

On the same subject you don't happen to know exactly which physics project was being worked on by British scientists in the Suffolk area at this time do you? And possibly which organisation was funding it?

Hi mirageman.

In my opinion, the one of the main players in the UK would have been DSTL.

When the Russians launched Sputnik 1 and then 2, the UK and its cold war allies were watching them, initially with an early radar system from RAF Lasham in Hampshire, which was processed at RAE Farnborough, by the Space Group, which is now part of Dstl.

The Space Object Identification Programme began in RAE Special Systems Department in 1982. The techniques developed at RAE used Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) to produce high resolution images of space objects using ground-based radar data. The Programme continued to provide valuable imaging data until 2001.
www.wired-gov.net...

I also noticed that SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) is also used in labs to study plasma.
www.ccfe.ac.uk...(12)17.pdf

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
For those who have been researching years on end this case.

In relation to John Burroughs and his comments re Jim and "Mary had
a little lamb". Has anyone actually ever heard Jim say those words on
any video clips out there. And does anyone have a copy?

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join