It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi. I have been doing some more digging into anything plasma related that may be within the Western arsenal before the RFI.

'During the 50's,the Eisenhower Administration setup Project Defender which included studies of such exotic ideas as directing hot nuclear plasmas and particles at targets (Project Casaba and Howitzer), and speculative work on X-rays and Gamma ray lasers.' ( Star Warriors By William J Broad)

atomic-skies.blogspot.co.uk...
So the Orion pulse propulsion units and Casaba-Howitzer warheads would both produce a spear of plasma. The Orion spear would be somewhat wider and less focused, and used to push a spaceship. Casaba-Howitzer would be narrow, and used destructively, as an anti-ballistic missile warhead or anti-satellite weapon.[Dy]

Besides Orion, Casaba-Howitzer may have also been connected to a program called GLIPAR, or Guide Line Identification Program for Anti-missile Research, run by the Advanced Research Projects Agency. GLIPAR contracted a variety of groups to investigate any and all ideas, no matter how seemingly ridiculous - even things like antigravity or magnetic "shields". This apparently included some kind of "nuclear cannon" or "nuclear howitzer" concept, though details are completely absent.[ARPA]

Beyond that, we know that the idea was originally suggested by Moe Scharff at Livermore Laboratory. We know that there was at least one nuclear test related to Casaba-Howitzer, though not how many there were, what their code names were, or when they happened.[Dy] It apparently did not work as well as they hoped - a later report, which I believe is referring to Casaba-Howitzer though I'm not certain, mentions that they hoped to achieve a plasma velocity of 50 km/s, but "only a fraction of... [that] was achieved." The theoretical maximum velocity for this concept is apparently 1000 km/s, but it looks like no one ever came close to getting that.

References within this document are an estimated projection 1967- 1970 period.
PDF page 6 is interesting...
www.cia.gov...

During the 70's
It was back in 1973 that an Air Force experimental laser first shot down a drone. Ever since, drone targets have been used to prove that laser weapons can effectively take down airborne objects. (Popular Science 2016)

The first high energy lasers worked by means of carbon dioxide (CO2) and within the infrared scale. They appeared in the United States in 1968. The CO2 was inserted at one end of the laser while the residual non-toxic gases were expelled on the other side.

The first attempt to convert this into a transportable weapon was carried out by the US Army. Towards the middle of the seventies, a CO2 laser with a power of 30 kilowatts was mounted on a caterpillar-tracked vehicle LVTP-7 so as to create a "Mobile Test Unit".

At the end of the seventies, the German Diehl company came up with a similar prototype, the HELEX (High Energy Laser Experimental). It consisted of a 28-ton armoured vehicle intended to carry a high energy CO2 laser with a power of several megawatts, whose range in clear weather would have reached 10 kilometres (fig. 11-a). The required consumption of CO2 would allow up to 50 laser shots at each sortie.
www.ovnis-armee.org... (apologies for sharing this link again. I find it fits well with the timeline of things!)

this doc from 1985 gives details of projects during the 60's, 70's and 80's involving Recon Satellites
www.cia.gov...

And one question after all of this.

What really happened at Kirtland a few months prior to the incidents in the UK?
brumac.mysite.com...

Some similarities to RFI?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamE

I really appreciate your assessment of the document and point taken.

As I mentioned it was speculation! .....

Speculation is fine and it's OK to disagree if you think an opinion might be wrong by the way.

My point was more a general one to address the whole thread.

I don't think we are going to find a smoking gun in a document detailing exactly what went on at Bentwaters/Woodbridge and in Rendlesham Forest at Christmas in 1980. There are some documents in the national archives (not related to the RFI by the way) that were placed there in the 1970s and they won't release until at least the 2040s (subject to review).

So the only way to, maybe, get closer to the truth is to keep digging through what is available and speculating.

I do think the goings on at Kirtland may be linked (and that's then linked in with the Paul Bennewitz stuff). Possibly even Fort Benning back in 1977. Although I have a few problems with that tale myself.

I also wonder what happened to Adrain Bustinza (AB) when he was at Mather Air Force Base. In an interview with Larry Fawcett (FC) from 1987he says:

AB – There, we didn’t really see muchwe were all out on the perimeter. The alert pad and bright lights lit up the whole area, and there was something in the middle of the pad but hovering about, oh, forty, fifty feet above in the air. Real shiny lights. You couldn’t even look up at it really–bright, bright lights all around. And then it just disappeared. We called it in, they just started laughing at us.
LF – What was your unit at the time?
AB – 320 SPS.
LF – What year was that, do you remember?
AB – ’77,’78, or ’79.
LF – You don’t remember exactly?
AB – I don’t remember exactly. I put that one way behind me. It was one of the first times and the last one for me until I went to Bentwaters.

Full source : Link

Now there seems to be some memory blockage there as Bustinza was at Bentwaters in 1980. So why can he only say the Mather incident happened in one of three years before he got there. Or was he intentionally being vague?

There sure are a lot of unanswered questions aren't there?

edit on 8/10/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I really appreciate your assessment of the document and point taken.

As I mentioned it was speculation! .....

Speculation is fine and it's OK to disagree if you think an opinion might be wrong by the way.

My point was more a general one to address the whole thread.

I don't think we are going to find a smoking gun in a document detailing exactly what went on at Bentwaters/Woodbridge and in Rendlesham Forest at Christmas in 1980. There are some documents in the national archives (not related to the RFI by the way) that were placed there in the 1970s and they won't release until at least the 2040s (subject to review).

So the only way to, maybe, get closer to the truth is to keep digging through what is available and speculating.

I do think the goings on at Kirtland may be linked (and that's then linked in with the Paul Bennewitz stuff). Possibly even Fort Benning back in 1977. Although I have a few problems with that tale myself.

I also wonder what happened to Adrain Bustinza (AB) when he was at Mather Air Force Base. In an interview with Larry Fawcett (FC) from 1987he says:

AB – There, we didn’t really see muchwe were all out on the perimeter. The alert pad and bright lights lit up the whole area, and there was something in the middle of the pad but hovering about, oh, forty, fifty feet above in the air. Real shiny lights. You couldn’t even look up at it really–bright, bright lights all around. And then it just disappeared. We called it in, they just started laughing at us.
LF – What was your unit at the time?
AB – 320 SPS.
LF – What year was that, do you remember?
AB – ’77,’78, or ’79.
LF – You don’t remember exactly?
AB – I don’t remember exactly. I put that one way behind me. It was one of the first times and the last one for me until I went to Bentwaters.

Full source : Link

Now there seems to be some memory blockage there as Bustinza was at Bentwaters in 1980. So why can he only say the Mather incident happened in one of three years before he got there. Or was he intentionally being vague?

There sure are a lot of unanswered questions aren't there?

Did the colors change at all?
AB – The colors were constantly changing while I was there. I remember, it was different colors, and they just, like, go on and off or go to a lower shade.
LF – When the machine was down on the ground, what color was the body of the machine?
AB – I’d say like a blackish grayish.
LF – But it was metal, you’re sure of that?
AB – I’m pretty sure, it had to be metal, yeah.
LF – Black or grayish. And did the machine glow at all when it took off? Did the lights change?
AB – The lights, yes. That’s what it did. It turned, like, into a ball of light.
LF – The whole machine?
AB – The whole machine. And it was like a glow around it, and it just took off.

There was also this in 1977.
www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Colares, Brazil is sure an odd story too. Although I've never looked at that one in too much detail.

The beams of light injuring people is really strange.

There could well be more cases linked, Cash-Landrum has been mentioned a long while back.

That case seems to definitely involve the military. Of course the danger is trying to force fit these cases together to form a whole picture. There may well be no links at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Is there any evidence that any of the experiences (read victims) of Cash Landrum suffered from chronic inflammation or excessive protein synthesis?

Has Colby ever been examined by Dr Kit Green? I'm sure Dr Green and Colby would both gain a lot from such a consultation.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Is there any evidence that any of the experiences (read victims) of Cash Landrum suffered from chronic inflammation or excessive protein synthesis?

There is a report by the Texas Health Dept. available at CardDown (aka Curt Collins) website Texas Department of Health file on the Cash-Landrum UFO case

The file itself is available to download : link

Betty Cash was suffering a swollen, reddened neck and later from diarrhoea. One doctor stated that the injuries could have been caused by ultra-violet, infrared, low energy x-ray or particulate radiation. However the doctors wanted to view medical records to reach a more complete conclusion.

I believe a Dr. Brian McClelland checked out the witnesses (Betty and Vickie) not long after incident occurred and suspected radiation poisoning then Colby (in around 2008 for an episode of UFO Hunters) but nothing significant.

It should be noted that Colby stayed in the vehicle and received the least exposure to whatever was hovering above them on that highway. I have no idea whether Dr. Green has been involved. I suspect not.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Maybe some cases could be linked together, but getting a consensus on which cases are even worth considering is difficult enough.

I do think the Colares case has a real good chance of being ET.

A comment from Valle on Colares

The reason the phenomenon could not be denied was very simple: every evening the UFOs appeared, coming from the north. In some cases, they flew down from the sky, in others, they emerged out of the ocean. I saw a photograph of an object with a luminous white ring flying right out of the brackish water at dusk.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Isn’t it interesting how so many “experts”, and insiders will happily say they were told and know that Cash Landrum was a nuclear powered experimental craft yet Roswell had to be alien and they won’t even comment on the RFI?

Were Betty and Vickies (and now others’) injuries really consistent with ionising radiation?

Remember the car was not radioactive in any way that could be measured.

Which suggests an chemical poisoning, or unusual non-ionising source of radiation not the sort of radiation given off by a reactor. Surely such radiation couldn’t cause biological injuries?

I think in the RFI we have numerous examples of people being injured by atypical non ionising radiation - most noteably Burroughs and Penniston.

We have ample reference to:
- chronic Inflammation
- excessive protein synthesis / keratinisation
- retina damage
- oedema
- bowel issues
- degranulation and histamine response
- epigenetic changes

Over 70 victims in the UAP group with common symptoms from non-ionising radiation.

Perhaps there is no link beyond being near each other date wise. If there is any evidence of non ionising radiation being the dominant antagonist in both then I think the two are likely connected and that should be investigated further...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi ctj83. The following document does allude to possibilities when cancelling out the beta and alpha particle theories (including X-rays).

'We are therefore left with more penetrating gamma rays, which could penetrate not only the subcuteous layer but also throughout the body.
By way of further elaborating, a neutron beam could also cause serious deep penetration. '

Whether this radiation damage was indeed due to ionizing radiation is at this point unclear. Other possibilities include infra-red, ultraviolet, and microwave radiation. I know of no way that we will be able to establish anything further as to the type of radiation damage occurred, type unknown, probably limited in severity, without evidence of systemic involvement'

(AdamE note-or neutron source of some kind?)

ufology-news.com...

If this effect from the object observed needed containment, were they on there way to Pantex Plant in Amarillo?

Would this involve the ARG? (Accident Response Group)

The ARG headquarters is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico and is supported by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, Remote Sensing Laboratory (RSL), and Pantex Plant.

nnsa.energy.gov...
edit on 11-10-2017 by AdamE because: Missed some info.

Did this group fly in after the RFI?
edit on 11-10-2017 by AdamE because: Brain melt

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Good stuff. Although I suspect trying to gauge a link with the RFI will be difficult.

Do you have information on the strange happenings at Kirtland AF base around the same time period?

Much of that has been completely 'Dotyfied' now. But before he (Richard Doty) got his mucky fingers into that case there were some very strange things going on.

Or indeed anything relating to Colares in Brazil (as our good friend 111DPKING111 mentioned).

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Good stuff. Although I suspect trying to gauge a link with the RFI will be difficult.

Do you have information on the strange happenings at Kirtland AF base around the same time period?

Much of that has been completely 'Dotyfied' now. But before he (Richard Doty) got his mucky fingers into that case there were some very strange things going on.

Or indeed anything relating to Colares in Brazil (as our good friend 111DPKING111 mentioned).

Kirtland.
www.rense.com...

High Energy Research and Technology Facility (HERTF)

The High Energy Research and Technology Facility (HERTF) at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, is a premier Phillips Laboratory capability for research, development and transition of advanced weapons technologies.

This $9 million facility provides a unique capability for the development of high-power microwaves, high-energy advanced pulsed power (including explosive devices), and very- high-energy plasmas. It also provides a research environment for exploring a variety of related technologies. The facility's remote location in the Manzano Mountains is coupled with a unique construction, which is designed to withstand blasts and intense radiation from a variety of sources, including high-energy microwaves and x-rays.

HERTF was designed to scale high-power microwave and high-energy plasma concepts that were pursued for many years in the Laboratory's basic research and exploratory development efforts.

HERTF is located in a canyon in the Manzano Mountains in the southeast portion of Kirtland.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just to add there was EMP testing on aircraft at Kirtland also a system called Laser Guide Star that were used to track Russian satellites using adaptive optics as to get a clear picture of the satellite.

Interesting in the fact that Laser Guide Stars produce a ball of plasma in the atmosphere.

According to Greg Bishop, using this system, they could not only track the satellites and capture clearer images, they could also control the satellites with the system. They were sending messages to the satellites via laser pulses. from roughly 1 hour 42 seconds into the talk.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I already have read some of the story surrounding Manzano/Kirtland as it's in the book "Mirage Men" (no relation!).But that was a long time ago.

However......

Kirtland also a system called Laser Guide Star that were used to track Russian satellites using adaptive optics as to get a clear picture of the satellite.

Interesting in the fact that Laser Guide Stars produce a ball of plasma in the atmosphere....

Now that is interesting!

There were rumours in the early days about a satellite being tampered with/brought down. We know a British physics project was in progress investigating plasma in the Rendlesham Forest area and a number of facilities that surround it were conducting research into various technologies (including defence work).

Now, are you thinking there just might be a connection there?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I already have read some of the story surrounding Manzano/Kirtland as it's in the book "Mirage Men" (no relation!).But that was a long time ago.

However......

Kirtland also a system called Laser Guide Star that were used to track Russian satellites using adaptive optics as to get a clear picture of the satellite.

Interesting in the fact that Laser Guide Stars produce a ball of plasma in the atmosphere....

Now that is interesting!

There were rumours in the early days about a satellite being tampered with/brought down. We know a British physics project was in progress investigating plasma in the Rendlesham Forest area and a number of facilities that surround it were conducting research into various technologies (including defence work).

Now, are you thinking there just might be a connection there?

Taking into account from the above along with similar type of disinformation that bares an uncanny resemblance to the RFI, and the time frame, I would consider a connection rather plausible.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here is another little alleged twist:

Scottish UFO expert calls cops

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Aah the 'Warren Emissions'.

That's a whole sub-plot to this every lengthening tale. It's probably best left off this forum now. It's all rather unsavoury involving a number of accusations and threats. Although I'll point people who want to know the more general aspects to Sacha's blog.

Theft at East Gate - Nick Pope Glad to see he reads this thread so avidly by the way

And for some of the more unsavoury details of the background to the 'Warren Emissions' (use that one too Mr. Pope if you like!) : click here.

He (Warren) has sort of babbled and Photoshopped himself out of the story. Even his co-author Peter Robbins has conceded he was fooled for far too long.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Taking into account from the above along with similar type of disinformation that bares an uncanny resemblance to the RFI, and the time frame, I would consider a connection rather plausible.

It would seem that way. But the two cases are rarely mentioned together by any of the big ufotainment crowd. I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It would seem that way. But the two cases are rarely mentioned together by any of the big ufotainment crowd. I wonder why?

Unsure as to why Mirageman. It seems in the early days, certain researchers may have been onto something, but back then, information was sparse.
And while people call it 'Britain's Roswell', the human side of any potential cause is overlooked for the more sensational, which sells and at the same time deflects and keeps people guessing.
I will be adding more to this thread very soon in relation to the 'human cause potential' of the RFI.
Speak soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Looking forward to it Adam. That is definitely a subject we all overlook if we are honest.

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join