It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Has there ever been any historical research done for Woodbridge base?
Could be some ghosts from those two cottages that stood where the runway is in 1931.

Well we've long suspected 'spooks' were involved in the shenanigans. You really are onto something because I actually now have a document that confirms it. Took me a while but wow.

Ah well it only took 3 and a half years and over 3000 posts to solve it all. Well done Colonel Flower.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
158 pages later and it was just some ghosts.
Tremendous.
If the thread reached 400 pages without the case being solved ATS would just close the thread, so it's good that it was solved before that.

originally posted by: mirageman
Ah well it only took 3 and a half years and over 3000 posts to solve it all. Well done Colonel Flower.
I was starting to think the case wouldn't be solved. Brenda Butler tried to tell us, right? But the Colonel says it's General Stuart who confirmed it, though I don't know whether they should be called ghosties, ghoulies, or "interdimensional beings" as the photographer of the mysterious entities called them. Here are a couple of the photos:

The Interdimensional Beings At Rendlesham

Strange ‘inerdimensional’ looking figure caught on camera – gaining some interest from the Dog as well!

Notice how close to the ground it is, but it didn't leave landing marks. I guess most ghosts don't.

A ghostly looking figure captured on Camera.

Confirmed by a general and there are even pictures. What more evidence can you ask for?
Taking my tongue out of my cheek now.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why are people even skeptical of this event? Halt tape was a recording of the events, one night, real time and you clearly hear him talking about a projected beam coming to the ground.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Jacobu12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jacobu12

A healthy dose of skepticism is good for you, especially in this case.

An update from Burroughs’ Facebook page:

He asked whether Bustinza meant John or Larry in the Fawcett interview:

AB – Hold on, let me see. Colonel Halt, when we approached the machine, I remember Colonel Halt said–I remember Larry. I don’t know why they picked Larry, but I remember Larry was going up there, and I was so scared I don’t know what to think. I was in a foreign country, you know.

Bustinza’s answer:

Yes, that was me and you and not Larry.
I really don't know how I got that all F-up???
Operation sleeping beauty

So … it was Burroughs who stood facing a craft as big as a house with all kinds of gadgets on it? The craft that Halt was ordering spare parts for at the electronics department?
Oh … no … that can’t be true because in his recent interview Bustinza said it was just a light shining down …
Which is it?!

Oh well, to draw away our attention from these blatant inconsistencies a red herring is thrown in: ‘Operation sleeping beauty’. Penniston used binary codes, now Bustinza tries a spooky alleged secret EM project.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jacobu12
Why are people even skeptical of this event? Halt tape was a recording of the events, one night, real time and you clearly hear him talking about a projected beam coming to the ground.
If the weapons storage area was being attacked by beams coming from a UFO, it was beyond irresponsible for the base deputy commander (Halt) to not put the base on alert and to scramble aircraft to defend the base. His boss, the base commander, was monitoring communications and heard Halt talk about the beams coming down and he and numerous other witnesses couldn't see what Halt was seeing, so of course that casts some doubt over the accuracy of Halt's sighting.

drdavidclarke.blogspot.com...

“...This was the night of Halt’s famous audiotape. He also had a two-way communication radio, which allowed me, and the SP’s to monitor his reports.
Lt Col Halt’s report of more lights both on the ground and in the sky brought quite a few people out of their houses at Woodbridge to see what was there. These people included myself, my wife, Lt Col Sawyer (the Director of Personnel), his wife, and several others listening to my radio and looking for the lights Halt was describing. Despite a sparkling, clear, cloudless, fogless night with a good field of view in all directions, we saw nothing that resembled Lt Col Halt’s descriptions either in the sky or on the ground.
Other explanations for Halt's sighting of beams have been proposed, such as artifacts in the starscope he was using. That could explain why Halt could see beams but so many other witnesses couldn't.

a reply to: Guest101
That's interesting.

edit on 2017711 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Has there ever been any historical research done for Woodbridge base?
Could be some ghosts from those two cottages that stood where the runway is in 1931.

Well we've long suspected 'spooks' were involved in the shenanigans. You really are onto something because I actually now have a document that confirms it. Took me a while but wow.

I was like wtf lol......
took me a few seconds- I'll admit it...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If they were messed with would this not account for all the inconsistancies?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Indeed mate, far too many questions and contradicting testimony of late. What is fact and what is fiction?

It's interesting that Col. Alexander seemed sure there was no threat. Yet he is apparently convinced that flyovers have happened and that there have been "shut downs". In a UFO debate between Stanton Friedman and Col. Alexander (JA below), moderated by Daniel Sheehan (DS),around 51:35 mark:

DS: If in fact you find credible any of the reports of these vehicles that you suggest you believe are not part of, produced by, the human family centre: flying over nuclear sites, flying over nuclear missile sites--
JA: Happened.
DS: … closing off nuclear missiles, shutting them down ...
JA: Happened.
DS: Is it still your position that the government doesn't consider this serious enough ... to have anyone in charge of investigating it?
JA: Oh absolutely. As some know we tried to get congressional hearings going and I explained that, I drafted the charter myself, wrote the background papers, and we based it on two issues. One was national security, specifically around nuclear weapons and things that happened both here and the Soviet Union; really pretty scary. And the other was aviation safety because there's certainly been interactions with planes that really deserve to be investigated.

The response because the nuclear element did did get examined, they looked at it and said, 'well, it didn't happen again. We'll wait and see if that recurs and then we'll deal with it.'

DS: But do you think that was really their response?

JA: Yeah, I'm sure. I talked to the people on the site, I talked to them in the silo, at the bottom of the silo, above the ground, who brought the missiles back up, who did the testing. And they could not have—I mean, the initial guess was EMP pulse of some kind. (They) did testing: no that didn't answer it.

John's thinking seems to be that the government knows about these type of incidents but they choose to ignore it (presumably because there's nothing they can really do about it?). The question is, does he have information pertaining to the RFI case that precludes a flyover having happened? Or did one happen and it was not deemed a threat? Thought this was an interesting quote from his nonetheless.

I also meant to say thank you MM for posting those KGRA archived shows—isn't it just incredible how much ground they cover, and the new things that surface. It just keeps coming. The Cookie interview on there is really interesting regarding a possible cover-up aspect (if, as always, this testimony is to be believed):featuring a mysterious doctor in a white coat who seemingly interrogated each witness … which may have included Chuck Halt himself.
edit on TueAmerica/ChicagofTue, 11 Jul 2017 13:15:58 -0500pm107America/Chicago731 by Defragmentor because: re-listened to clip and edited

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The first photo looks like the effects of someone holding a pocket torch or flash light while walking in the forest and the second one like it was taken through cigar smoke. But hey! Who am I to say it isn't interdimensional beings or ghosts?
Brenda seem to be a lovely lady so I'll leave it there Arby.

As Guest101 pointed out it's good to question everything.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oh well, to draw away our attention from these blatant inconsistencies a red herring is thrown in: ‘Operation sleeping beauty’. Penniston used binary codes, now Bustinza tries a spooky alleged secret EM project.

Hmmm hmmm, "Operation Sleeping Beauty". Now where did that come from all of a sudden? I won't go into that. This definitely could be a bit fishy but....

“Subjects in the experiments were sometimes unwitting civilians. At other times they were soldiers, prisoners, mental patients, sex offenders, cancer patients and other individuals who were unwitting, or who could not give meaningful informed consent.” ...............

Dr. Michael Persinger , another FSMF Board Member, is the author of a paper entitled “Elicitation of 'Childhood Memories' in Hypnosis-Like Settings ....

In the paper Perceptual and Motor Skills, Dr. Persinger writes:

On the day of the experiment each subject (not more than two were tested per day) was asked to sit quietly in an acoustic chamber and was told that the procedure was an experiment in relaxation. The subject wore goggles and a modified motorcycle helmet through which 10-milligauss (1 microTesla) magnetic fields were applied through the temporal plane.

Except for a weak red (photographic developing) light, the room was dark. Dr. Persinger's research on the ability of magnetic fields to facilitate the creation of false memories and altered states of consciousness is apparently funded by the Defense Intelligence Agency through the project cryptonym SLEEPING BEAUTY. Freedom of Information Act requests concerning SLEEPING BEAUTY with a number of different intelligence agencies including the CIA and DEA has yielded denial that such a program exists.

Certainly, such work would be of direct interest to BLUEBIRD, ARTICHOKE, MKULTRA and other non-lethal weapons programs. Schnabel lists Dr. Persinger as an Interview Source in his book on remote viewing operations conducted under Stargate, Grill Flame and other cryptonyms at Fort Meade and on contract to the Stanford Research Institute. Schnabel states that, “As one of the Pentagon's top scientists, Vorona was privy to some of the strangest, most secret research projects ever conceived. Grill Flame was just one. Another was code-named Sleeping Beauty; it was a Defense Department study of remote microwave mind-influencing techniques ...

It appears from Schnabel's well-documented investigations that Sleeping Beauty is a real, but still classified mind control program............

...The idea that there could be a deliberate disinformation campaign element to the False Memory movement is perfectly plausible, consistent with history, and could be expected. There is bound to be some sort of disinformation strategy if, in fact, Manchurian Candidates have been leaking out into civilian psychotherapy.

So here we have, with all of this documentation, all of this proof – we know that it is perfectly possible that people we are seeing in therapy who are claiming to be victims of systematic military mind-control experimentation are telling us about what actually happened to them.”

Source : The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists - Colin A. Ross,

Maybe that doesn't seem to have any connections other than the mind control elements touched upon in this thread.

Is it a real project? Possibly.

Can it be nailed down and proven to exist and linked to Rendlesham? I doubt it at present.

Is/was it under a different code name then or now? Could be.

Did someone let the cat out of the bag as to what that is? A general answer. Again - I don't know.

All depends if someone else has another piece of the puzzle or if it's another false trail?

edit on 11/7/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Defragmentor

I also meant to say thank you MM for posting those KGRA archived shows—isn't it just incredible how much ground they cover, and the new things that surface. It just keeps coming. The Cookie interview on there is really interesting regarding a possible cover-up aspect (if, as always, this testimony is to be believed):featuring a mysterious doctor in a white coat who seemingly interrogated each witness … which may have included Chuck Halt himself.

Yep the shows relating to Rendlesham have been very interesting in the main. Some of the others not so good. But JB has allowed a number of witnesses and investigators (both minor and major) onto the show. Now if only he could get Bruce Englund and Bonnie Tamplin on! That would be a major coup.

I have not mentioned the Cookie interview on here at all. Not directly anyway. It's a very odd twist on events. Maybe it's time we discussed it?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hmmm hmmm, "Operation Sleeping Beauty". Now where did that come from all of a sudden? I won't go into that. This definitely could be a bit fishy but....

Yes it is rather......

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Now if only he could get Bruce Englund and Bonnie Tamplin on! That would be a major coup.
I second that for Bruce Englund. I'd like to hear what he has to say though hearing his commentary closer to the incident would be more valuable, but I searched and couldn't find anything except for the Halt tape.

The way stories and rumors spread so fast on that base, how does Halt not find out about Bonnie Tamplin's alleged experience until 6-8 years later?

Halt: I didn't find this out until 6 or 8 years later and I was long gone...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

In the original sleeping beauty the "Princess" was to sleep for a hundred years before being discovered by the "Prince".
By the time the castle that hid the "frozen Elsa" was discovered it was covered with vines and all but forgotten.
Rendlesham Forest occurred near a military base opened in 1954 which apparently had some much older theme inspiration.
UFO's sometimes time travel from thousands of years BC and many accounts are simply too esoteric to make an accurate identification.
Cause and effect analysis would point to the original sources for the UFO rather than anything in the 20th century.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

If the weapons storage area was being attacked by beams coming from a UFO, it was beyond irresponsible for the base deputy commander (Halt) to not put the base on alert and to scramble aircraft to defend the base. His boss, the base commander, was monitoring communications and heard Halt talk about the beams coming down and he and numerous other witnesses couldn't see what Halt was seeing, so of course that casts some doubt over the accuracy of Halt's sighting.

drdavidclarke.blogspot.com...

“...This was the night of Halt’s famous audiotape. He also had a two-way communication radio, which allowed me, and the SP’s to monitor his reports.
Lt Col Halt’s report of more lights both on the ground and in the sky brought quite a few people out of their houses at Woodbridge to see what was there. These people included myself, my wife, Lt Col Sawyer (the Director of Personnel), his wife, and several others listening to my radio and looking for the lights Halt was describing. Despite a sparkling, clear, cloudless, fogless night with a good field of view in all directions, we saw nothing that resembled Lt Col Halt’s descriptions either in the sky or on the ground.
Other explanations for Halt's sighting of beams have been proposed, such as artifacts in the starscope he was using. That could explain why Halt could see beams but so many other witnesses couldn't.

That's interesting.

I don't much care for analysis years after the event. Fact is we got a live recording of the event as it happened, that's good enough for me. Security personnel investigated weird lights and unexplained fight patterns. I don't think security personnel at Nato bases have a habit of investigation into things that don't exist. Whatever happened is unexplained. What happened to the men after the event, is another story.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I second that for Bruce Englund. I'd like to hear what he has to say though hearing his commentary closer to the incident would be more valuable, but I searched and couldn't find anything except for the Halt tape.

From all accounts Lt. Englund has never gone on the record, agreed to interviews or even been quoted anywhere regarding the incident. He is entitled to his privacy and we should respect it. Now what is rather odd is that there are witness statements from the first night. They were only revealed in the mid 90s. So the question must be :

Are there other witness statements from the second and third nights?

You would expect something as arguably more happened on that third night than the first night.

The way stories and rumors spread so fast on that base, how does Halt not find out about Bonnie Tamplin's alleged experience until 6-8 years later?

Surely if someone has a nervous breakdown after tossing away their gun whilst off base the Deputy Base Commander would and should have to know about it? (Granted the gun disposal part may have been later back on base. But the inference is that it was off base). Leaving an M16 or even a handgun in a forest in England would be a fairly serious matter I should think.

If she didn't return to work afterwards then that would also be a problem Halt surely would have been aware of and kept up to date about. She was a lieutenant and shift commander. That would mean finding someone to fill in and deputize and also appointing a replacement. Someone would have to sign her discharge papers as well. Halt remained at Bentwaters for a good few years after the incident.

There is also a possibility Halt was actually out on the 2nd night. Although that remains unconfirmed. So it's fairly sure he knew about this at the time. He may have been protecting Lt. Tamplin by keeping quiet about it but there surely is no need to then claim you didn't hear about it for 8 years if that was the case. Just be honest. Which is something he seems to have failed to do down the years on a number of occasions.

edit on 12/7/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Rendlesham Forest occurred near a military base opened in 1954

RAF Bentwaters was opened in 1944 and used by the Royal Air Force until 1951. When it was leased to the US Air Force.

....Cause and effect analysis would point to the original sources for the UFO rather than anything in the 20th century.

Exactly what do you mean by that?
edit on 12/7/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jacobu12

I don't much care for analysis years after the event. Fact is we got a live recording of the event as it happened, that's good enough for me. Security personnel investigated weird lights and unexplained fight patterns. I don't think security personnel at Nato bases have a habit of investigation into things that don't exist.

Colonel Halt claims to have spotted lights in the sky and a beam of light coming down onto his base. Despite this going on for a while he refuses to ask for any back up or fighter cover. Ending his tape.

0330: The objects are still in the sky, although the one to the south looks like it’s losing a little bit of altitude. We’re turning around and heading back toward the base. The object to the south is still beaming down lights to the ground.

PAUSE

0400 Hours one object still hovering over the Woodbridge base at about 5-10 degrees off the horizon. Still moving erratic and similar lights beaming down as earlier

So what exactly do you think was being investigated?

And why do you think no action was taken other than to pack up and go back to base?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes this needs a lot of clarification, a re-designation is not an original groundbreaking..

In September 7 1952 the key role of defense of western Europe during the cold war was taken up by the then 81st Interceptor Wing later to be re designated in 1954 to an Fighter Bomber Wing and then lastly in nineteen fifty eight the 81st Tactical Fighter Wing as we know it today.

I'm one of those that believes many UFO reports describe real but misunderstood events in a creative and artistic way.
For example early sightings of the SR71 might inspire a whole tree of different explanations, there were black ships before Troy. So likewise you tend to get a lot of branching perceptions that you can trace back to the trunk of the phenomena under observation.

I was hoping someone else would post specific correlations and show the math, its still a good puzzle for the kids..

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Is wondering when "Carrot' shall appear?...

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join