It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I'm not capable of making anything of that data, I hope someone is.

I find it odd that so much of what Winston talks about with John and Linda regards time travellers, DNA and binary code.

It doesn't feel strictly relevant or necessary to introduce. None of Winston's evidence reflect, suggests or supports it beyond the use of microwaves.

Therefore I've to assume that the reason it was present, and not challenge or subject changed is becuase Winston, John and Linda have discussed this already.

I'd guess John asks about people receiving future transmissions is of a personal nature. It suggests he also has had a transmission of binary code.

I'd be surprised to hear this denied but regardless the show's content and reactions strongly suggests that all three are fully accepting of Penniston's binary code.

I'd like to suggest that the UK event a few years ago where John and Jim posted on FB that they would announce the solution to RFI but didn't, most definately comprises binary codes and possibly time travellers.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Well it seems to suggest that the area was home to medieval settlements and this accounts in part for the strange magnetic reading. But I am no geologist or magnetic field expert so will pass on any conclusion.

The basic UFO story has been exhausted because various parties all disagree. So they have all gone off on their own, trying to keep the mystery going, by adding their own elements.

Should we keep listening to the "Gang of Four" any more?

edit on 24/8/16 by mirageman because: corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I've not seen Halt suffer the same type of narrative set backs or make outrageous claims..

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Guest101

Ah thanks for clarifying that even though I am still not sure what Mr. Keech was trying to claim had happened.

I also found this THE GREEN, CAPEL ST ANDREW, SUFFOLK DETAILED MAGNETOMETER SURVEY

Magnetic fields and EMF are not subjects I have any real knowledge in. So maybe someone else can tell me if this is of any use?

Thanks for that.

I briefly went through it. It seems that variations in the local magnetic field strength were measured which could indicate the remains of old settlement enclosures and building structures below the surface.

The measured area is indicated on page 20, it is located in the South-West corner of the first farmer’s field.

The raw data on page 13 seem to indicate that local deviations up to 9 nT (nano-Tesla) were measured with respect to the Earth’s magnetic field.
Note that the Earth’s magnetic field is about 10000 times stronger, but it is stable over the area so it can be subtracted from the data – the ‘dummy value’ of 32702 probably is the strength of the Earth’s magnetic field that was subtracted from the data (32702 nT is 327 milligauss, which is in the ballpark of Earth's magnetic field values that range from 250 to 650 milligauss depending on your location on the planet).

9 nT is 0,09 milligauss, so the deviations are much too subtle to be picked up by the meter used by Keech which has a minimum range of 3 milligauss.

On top of that, these are DC values which cannot be measured anyway by the meter used by Keech, otherwise it would constantly peg due to the Earth’s magnetic field of 327 milligauss DC.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just read in an article from a Belgian magazine that Colonel Charles Halt used to be the commander of the Belgian air force base in Florennes and was responsible for the American missiles stored in Belgium.

This article was more focussed on the Belgian UFO wave, but reading Halt's name and the fact he was stationed in Belgium too was a big surprise for me. Could there be a link between this case and Rendlesham?

For reference, article is available on www.humo.be... , but it's in dutch and has to be purchased using Blendle.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Around what time period?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Although it is correct that Halt was based in Florennes in Belgium that article link seems to give no mention of him.

Here is the translation into English : UFOs over Belgium: Hillary Clinton sees them fly?

Maybe he will reveal more in his coming book "The Halt Perspective"

Click on pic for larger view.

Seems like he's sorted out the cover and some friends have written their praises on the back cover as well!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Around what time period?

I can't find a full bio for Halt but it says he worked on the INF (Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces) Treaty which was signed on 8th December 1987 and effective from Jan 1st 1988. The Florennes base was closed on Dec 13th 1988 due to the treaty.

The Belgian UFO wave is widely acknowledged as starting late November of 1989.

So any link with Halt seems unlikely.

Here's the information regarding INF and Florrennes : www.globalsecurity.org...
edit on 8/9/16 by mirageman because: Link provided

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Someone must have checked StratoCat to see if there were any declassified flights in the area for these?
Something like the ABLE program could have generated lights at low altitudes with optics near the ceiling of radar detection

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have no idea what the above post is about..............

But moving on.....

Phenomenon Radio have a press release for the new book from Colonel Charles Halt - "The Halt Perspective"

THE HALT PERSPECTIVE

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 2016, Colonel Charles Irwin Halt and John Hanson.

The Halt Perspective is one of a series of unique exclusive books, written and published under the ‘Haunted Skies’ logo by retired West Midlands, UK Police CID Officer – John Hanson. It contains, for the first time ever, an unprecedented explosion of comments as to what did happen according to now world-famous retired Colonel Chares Halt, former Deputy Base Commander at RAF Woodbridge/Bentwaters Airbase, in late December 1980, when reported UFO activity took place, over three nights, in the nearby Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk. Incredibly, it was even reported that Aliens were seen.

Following a successful conference in July 2015, at Woodbridge Community Hall, in Suffolk, Charles Halt asked John if he was willing to assist him with publishing his own perspective on what had occurred, rather than depending on other erroneous accounts attributed to him.

Facts can no longer be ignored by Governments
Charles Halt: “There is an agency, a very close held compartmentalised agency, that has been investigating the whole UFO subject including this incident for many years, and there’s a very active role played by many of our intelligence agencies that probably don’t even know the full picture of the collected data which is then forwarded on. It’s kind of scary isn’t it? In the last six years the British have released a ton of information, but has anybody ever seen what their conclusions were, or heard anything about Bentwaters officially?
When the documents were released, the time frame when I was involved in the incident is missing – it’s gone missing. Nothing else is missing. I have never been harassed over the reports I made about the Bentwaters UFO incidents – probably for a couple of good reasons; number one, my rank and some of the jobs that I have held, but also very early on, I sat down and made a very detailed tape and made several copies of everything I know about it and they secluded away. Maybe I’m paranoid, but I think it was time well spent when I made the tapes.”

John Hanson: “The evidence of this book about UFOs per sec is just in itself explosive in nature and speaks volumes! There is a colossal difference, in my opinion, between low grade UFO files declassified by the MOD as part of their release into the public sector over the last 20 years, and so many other reports which go back to the mid to the end of the last century, many of which I have investigated that will never see the light of day.”

What this book contains!
1 – A foreword from ex-MOD spokesman – Nick Pope, now living in the United States.
2 – An afterword by Robert Hastings.
3 – Candid comments from people such as retired USAF Sergeant Jim Penniston, who also witnessed examples of UFO activity there, along with Airman John Burroughs and other UFO researchers, set against the fantastic backcloth of careful investigation carried out into reported UFO activity around the East Anglia locality and its adjacent borders, much of which has never been published before, showing similarities with the ‘wave’ of ‘Flying Triangles’ reported over Belgium, in the late 1980s, attracting worldwide interest.
Whilst neither Charles Halt nor John Hanson can produce evidence of any link between the multitudes of these UFO sightings with what took place in Rendlesham Forest, commonsense dictates that they should be taken into consideration.
4 – The unique unprecedented book in both presentation and effect contains approximately one thousand images, many in colour, and is aimed at the serious researcher of the subject.
5 – Colonel Halt served several combat tours in South East Asia. He was a USAF F-16 Base Commander in both Korea and Belgium, and served 28 years in military commission service. He holds B.Sc.’s in Economics, Chemistry and a Master Degree in Business Administration. His final assignment was Director of the Inspection Directorate for the US Department of Defense, with overall responsibly of the entire military establishment. He retired in June 1992.
Colonel Halt addresses many issues raised over the years about what is still considered to be one of the most controversial UFO cases, often referred to as Britain’s equivalent of the famous Roswell case, circa 1947, merely seeking to put the record straight with sensationalised, inaccurate, accounts recently reported in the tabloid press from other parties concerned, many of whom weren’t even there at the time.
“I learned, later, that highly classified missions were fairly common due to weapons movements, the 67th ARRS and aerial reconnaissance activity. I had no personal knowledge of any special aircraft movement related to the incident”.

John Hanson: “During the last 35 years there have been a number of books written about this intriguing case that continues to excite the public’s imaginations with lurid, chilling, encounters between Alien beings and the Base Commander – Gordon Williams, following bizarre claims of spacecraft crashing into the forest and spare parts being ordered to facilitate their repair and subsequent take-off!
Over the years there have been many explanations offered for what it was that the airmen saw, ranging from the bizarre to ridiculous – the lighthouse, fertiliser on fire pranks, moth traps, downed aircraft, and of portals opening in the forest. Each and every one of these claims comes under the scrutiny of the man who was there and witnessed for himself examples of that UFO activity – Colonel Charles Halt – who now, for the first time ever, merely wishes to set the record straight.”

The Publisher is John Hanson. ....

Source : Phenomenon Radio

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I have a lot of respect for the Haunted Skies team, however I'm a little disappointed with the repeated references to Aliens and Gordon Williams.

I can't believe the 1000 photos that are mentioned are part of the RFI for the vast majority?

Odd that the detailed tapes are mentioned, as if they form a part of the book. I'd go so far as to say it would be misleading to talk about them in a press release about a book launch if they aren't part of that book.

Yet, I don't think they will form part of it.

As long as there isn't a chapter on John Titor!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

As long as there isn't a chapter on John Titor!

Yes I remember he beat me to the title of time traveller of the years in 2236. The rest, as they say, will be history.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Personally I thought that the John Titor interview was a new low for Phenomenon Radio. I would add though, that John handled it very well.

I do feel an overall, inexorable slide towards time travel. I'll put good money on someone at some point finding a connection to Quantum Leap.

Have those files being held back finally been released btw?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Greetings all. I've been a long time lurker on ATS, have finally taken the plunge to join, and just wanted to thank all involved in this thread for the exceptionally informative and insightful read this has been. Glad to see the UK's curious incidents being subject to such considered and balanced scrutiny, and the posts of mirageman and ctj83 have been particularly meritworthy IMHO. I would also thank the posters for their threads on the Berwyn Mountain and Dechmont Law incidents.

Although I have little to nothing to add to the debates, I look forward to reading more as an appreciative participant

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GovernmentSauce

Well welcome to ATS and the thread GovernmentSauce and thank you for the kind words. I see you live in the tiny Welsh village of Llareggub. Rumour has it that until you drive down the main road and then reverse past the twon sign you will not realise just how much there is to see of it.

There isn't too much going on with the Rendlesham story at the moment beyond the release of Colonel Halt's book. Which won't come cheap but I believe will be printed in full colour, hardback with around 1000 pages.

If you've read the thread (and who hasn't? It's only 120 pages long at present!) then you'll probably be aware of much what has gone on in the past 30 odd years. It's been like a terrible reality TV show at times. But some thing happened at the back end of 1980. This thread has also garnered interest from a steady stream of people involved with Rendlesham as it's slowly rolled on. If you haven't seen it you may wish to look over the 'sister thread' to this one as well.

US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Many thanks for the welcome, mirageman! Your knowledge of Llareggub is just as keen as your insight into British UFOs - there's little here but an appreciation of the poetry of talented drunkards

Regarding Rendlesham, I concur with what appears to be the consensus here that Col. Halt may not yet have revealed all he knows about the incident, and look forward to his upcoming book - although tinged with the slightly cynical expectation of a few minor additions to the current mythos and little in the way of genuine revelations... Hopefully the debate can at least move away from the obvious revisionism of 'binary codes' and the like

Thank you for then link to the other thread also - I have also read that one and found particularly interesting the discussion (led by ctj83, iirc?) on the nature of the potential type of radiation that could have caused such an injury. I feel that this type of inquiry has the real potential to unlocking some of the secrets of the RFI. I attended a talk by Timothy Jorgensen earlier this year ostensibly on the effects of radiation, with the hope of learning a little more to be able to add to this debate; alas the talk was fascinating but more general, although I did get to have a good quick chat with him about nuclear storage and a signed copy of his book, Strange Glow

Here's hoping Halt makes some comment on this particular facet of the incident...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Remember those unreleased files on Rendlesham held by the MoD?

WHAT'S BEING HIDDEN? Promised UFO ‘X-files’ been sent back to MoD for CENSORSHIP

THE promised release of confidential UK government reports into Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) sightings - dubbed the "British X-Files" - has been delayed because the files were returned by the National Archives to the Ministry of Defence for censuring, it has emerged........

[They] were first promised their release from the department to the National Archives in March this year.

But, they have since met with repeated delays and it has now emerged they did make their way to the National Archives, but have been sent back to the MoD.

A spokesman for the Information Department of the National Archives in London told German paranormal and science newsblog Grenzwissenschaft-Aktuell in an email: "The National Archives (TNA) and the Ministry of Defence had agreed a timetable for the release of these records which would have made the records available for the public at TNA this autumn.

"Unfortunately, following the transfer of files to TNA in June, additional information which is covered by FOI exemption was identified, resulting in the files being returned to MoD in August.

"This has delayed the release of these files. MoD are now ensuring that all information that is covered by an exemption is identified."

TNA will meet in November to look at anything that may have been removed before considering the publication, which will not be before next spring.

Nick Pope, who used to investigate the existence of UFOs for the MoD, said the UK UFO files should contain some fascinating sightings, and was shocked by the development.

He said: "For the MoD to send these UFO files to The National Archives, only for them to be sent back to the MoD, is unprecedented.

"I worked on the MoD's UFO project, wrote many of the documents that have already been released, and made the official announcement that started the entire release project, and yet even I don't know what's going on here.

"Bear in mind that for years the MoD told Parliament, the media and the public that this subject was of very limited interest and of no defence significance, yet suddenly these files are being treated with the same sort of sensitivity that you'd expect to see if they contained Britain's nuclear secrets.

"All this is taking place in the run-up to the US Presidential election, with WikiLeaks revelations showing that discussions about UFOs have taken place at the highest political level in America.

"This whole situation is like something out of The X-Files."

Source : www.express.co.uk...

Other [tabloid or slightly suspect totalitarian state] media have also covered this as well.

Daily Star

Russia Today

So the National Archives have supposedly identified some information within those files that are deemed to be exempt from the UK Freedom of Information Act rules. Deciding on sending the files back to the MoD for a re-consideration under the exemptions in place..

We've been waiting two years now...

Just for reference these are the files still awaiting release:

The following are the 18 files to be released:

DAIRDEF/111/6/4 C31 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DAIRDEF/111/6/4 C3I AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DAIRDEF/111/6/4 CSI AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DDOPS(GE)/10/8 ADMIN + GENERAL UFOS
D/DAO1/13 ADGE UFO REPORTS
D/DAO1/13 ADGE UFO REPORT
D/IPR2X/2/4/1 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 (FOI) COPYRIGHT ISSUES CONCERNING INTERNET PUBLICATION REPORTS OF UFO SIGHTINGS
2GP(BP)/88772/10/ISTAR UFO Reports
M9/18 Defence Policy Issues UFOs
D/DS8/75/2/1 UFO Reports Correspondence
D/DI55/108/15 UFO Policy 1971-96
D/DI55/108/15 UFO Policy 1996-2000
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy June-Dec 2000
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy Dec 2000-March 2004
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy March 2004

Source : Gov UK

edit on 19/10/16 by mirageman because: added reference

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Too bad Lord Hill-Norton isn't around to ask awkward questions in parliament any more....

BT

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

None of this really surprises me, or is even noteworhty tbh. I speak as someone who has written an operational policy on dealing with FOIA requests, and has experience of their responses.

First off, depts (at least the ones I saw) may be slow in dealing with paperwork, even those with statutory obligations. That's not down to anything shady, it's literally just a case of volume v supply. Depts have faced years of cutbacks in staffing and exponential increases in volume of workload; they're prioritising statutory requirements and (from my experience) doing the best they can to get the jobs done; but with the resources at hand the jobs are difficult.

As for the redactions themselves, these are more likely to be because of 'unsexy' reasons than anything else ie. personal details, or details which may have led to the identification of a particular individual, thus breaching the DPA. From some experience, this was common.

The exemptions list linked to in your post is a good starting point to identify some of the common reasons why material may be redacted, although it is not exhaustive - anyone interested is advised to consult the legislation directly. Under the terms of the FOIA any material which has been redacted has to be justified by stating which exemption applies, which of itself may be of some interest. Of further interest here is whether or not the exemption is an absolute exemption (therefore no Public Interest Test is required, and such material will always be redacted) or a qualified exemption (in which case a PIT is required, usually taking the form of bullet-point lists for and against disclosure, which may potentially be of some interest also).

I note that it is also possible to make an FOIA request to see TNA's FOIA policy, if one wished - and if it were not already available on their website (I admit that I haven't checked).

One final thing: Nick Pope is sensationalising this massively. I'm talking Iraq-dossier-level 'sexing-up', or Daily Mail style 'immigrants cause cancer' levels of hyperbole. The reality of the system is that it is a very banal and bureaucratic structure doing its best to be transparent; his attempts to add levels of conspiracy to this (and, I note, portray himself as a 'big deal' yet again) are quite farcical when faced with a reality that is far more likely to be that the initial redaction failed to redact a name or other identifying feature.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GovernmentSauce

Nick Pope is sensationalising this massively. I'm talking Iraq-dossier-level 'sexing-up', or Daily Mail style 'immigrants cause cancer' levels of hyperbole. The reality of the system is that it is a very banal and bureaucratic structure doing its best to be transparent; his attempts to add levels of conspiracy to this (and, I note, portray himself as a 'big deal' yet again) are quite farcical when faced with a reality that is far more likely to be that the initial redaction failed to redact a name or other identifying feature.

I don't actually have anything against Nick. He has slowly changed attitudes in the media and public down the years towards UFOs. I know he now 'bigs up' his MoD career now he's moved to the United States and become a full time UFOtainer. So I don't really expect anything else.

But you are of course correct. People in the civil service do what everyone does. They prioritise their important work first, they are at time under extreme pressure and they also make errors (there are some in the released MoD UFO files like names that were not redacted). I suspect that with international tensions the way they are perhaps there are details about locations of military hardware, technical information relating to radar coverage and a few other things that may need revisiting.

I doubt there's a smoking gun to be found in the files anyway. However it's also a fact that these documents were not actually released in the original "Reveal All the UFO Files" policy trumpeted by the MoD in recent years. It also seems NONE of the documents listed are being released at present. Is it all down to clerical error?

edit on 20/10/16 by mirageman because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join