It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening my heart and home -- come along?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As you can see in my pic I am a huge fan of pit bulls best breed ever in my opinion!! Unfortunately they seem to be the ones dumped in shelters and abused. Mine are great dogs..except for the lap dog thing lol..they think they are puppies forever!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Fingers crossed for you that you get her!!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ieatbrains

Great, great pics and I couldn't agree with you more about the breed being wonderful, sweet and misunderstood. It's funny...the last time we adopted a dog several years ago there were all kinds of breeds posted on the websites. This year, it seems to be just Pit Bulls and Chihuahuas. Has anyone else noticed the same thing, or is it just a Northern Cali thing?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
No,in NY the shelters are full of Pittys, its so sad. My dog came from an asshole that was basically a puppy mill..I turned him in after I got Dottie. There is a rescue around here just for Pits, they set up at the local stores sometimes for their adoption events..the stories those poor dogs come with were awful..if I were rich I would adopt them all and have a house full lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you for your post. Just two weeks ago I adopted an abandoned puppy. I had no intentions of getting a dog, thought I was done with that. But I just could not let the little guy go because I knew I had a lot of love to give. He is pure joy and chews all my shoes.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you for your post. Just two weeks ago I adopted an abandoned puppy. I had no intentions of getting a dog, thought I was done with that. But I just could not let the little guy go because I knew I had a lot of love to give. He is pure joy and chews all my shoes.

Yay for you, Momo! A furry friend is wonderful to have around, especially this time of year. It's all about spreading the love, which seems to always expand to accommodate a little more room when we open up. I have visions of your precious little furball chewing his way through your shoes. Lovely!

We're still hoping to hear back from Daisy's foster mom, but it's beginning to look like "our" second dog will come along through another means. 'Still think the doggies find their way us somehow, so I'm not worried about it. Meanwhile, our other rescued dog is stretched out on a big memory foam cushion, living the life! He's snoring again. It's a comforting sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join