It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, young political philosopher here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was initially going to make my title "young scholar here," as it would better portray the wide variety of political and historical topics that interest me. However, I felt it sounded conceited, a terrible attribute to possess as an unproven, anonymous writer. I intend to post a thread on a very controversial political issue which will inevitably be met with much scrutiny, which I most certainly welcome - and in all honesty, I hope some of you will be able to prove me wrong as I have developed intense cognitive dissonance due to my conclusions regarding this topic. For those interested in reviewing my report, and for those who will engage in discussions with me in the future, I will give you a brief history on the main influences that have led to my political views and interpretations.

First of all, I'm a 22 year old male caucasian Canadian student in my final year completeling a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in History and Psychology. I actually despise most psychology, especially the biology of it - but found Social Psychology very interesting and has helped me understand the majority of those around me. I have loved history since childhood, however, and soaked up years worth of Western biases regarding the key events of recent centuries. University has given me not only the ability, but the desire to further research political and historical topics from all angles - past and future, from a viewpoint difficult to achieve. I would describe it as remarkably unbiased, as I deal with pains in my gut when I realize atrocities performed by those I respect, and discover disguised, just actions by those I've been conditioned to hate.

Descriptions of the three prominent professors involved in my intellectual development:

Vicious Muslim Anti-Semite - Political Philosophy approx age: 60
-Initial hatred for this man and his views. Still disagree with much of what he says, but through studying primary sources and in depth research, I came to realize much of what he teaches is unfortunately true. I developed immense respect for his commitment to his work, despite our University president and many of his colleagues harassing him (from local to international media scrutiny), he refuses to censor his teaching. If it weren't for tenure he would be fired, hes the most hated man on campus.

Jewish Historian - Western History, European Fascism(adv) approx age: 40
-Initially my favorite professor. Basically told the stories of the almighty West, the saviors of the twentieth century. Cocky, arrogant, and as further years proved, provides embellishment, omits information, and outright lies.

Old Historian - 20th Century Europe, WW1(adv), Russian History(adv) approx age: 70
-By far the best professor I've encountered. Extremely unbiased (note i didn't mention his religion - which was made very obvious by the previous 2). Provides rounded views on topics, several schools of thought, and has us answer historical questions in a personalized, philosophical manner. Does not want citations, he gives us primary documents and wants our interpretations.

For those of you who bothered to read this, thank you. I imagine many of you will come to despise me, regardless, I look forward to our future discussions.

edit on 23-12-2013 by john14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john14

Hi John, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by john14

That was a very nice and detailed intro

You sound very interesting. And I look forward to reading your future threads.

Have a welcome cake and enjoy your stay here!!

Peace and love to ya ~~>>
-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 23-12-2013 by natalia because:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by john14

Hey welcome.

Im curious to know, in a nutshell, what your political philosophy actually is?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So lets get your 20 post right outta the way, i wanna hear what you have to say, especially after that intro. Lets get talking so this guy can spill his beans

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sremmos80
Lets get talking so this guy can spill his beans

Then after that, if he's not too tired, he can discuss his philosophical theories...

*BOING*

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the friendly welcomes, everyone. I guess I should have looked further into what initial requirements were necessary before beginning new discussions, you will all have to wait! Its a tender issue I don't intend to touch on until I can properly structure it, as it will have several segments. Basically, its something I've discovered which seems to be a key feature that plagues our corrupt financial systems, horrendous foreign policy, and ultimately the gradual yet prevalent decline in our quality of life.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by john14

Welcome to the tribe, John.

Look forward to your thoughts.

beez

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

na, i just wanna hear about the beans

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Tucket
reply to post by john14

Hey welcome.

Thank you, Tucket.
Well, to be honest I wasn't really expecting to discuss that tonight. I would find it very difficult to provide my political philosophy in a nutshell.. as my political philosophy is more easily understood by being applied to specific situations. I certainly have never put together a doctrine, haha.

When it comes to political philosophy, I believe that it is difficult to speak truthfully while also speaking "appropriately." We are all fed idealist approaches to everything from our politicians, because unfortunately realism doesn't win elections. It would be impossible for me to write a vague description of my political philosophy, but who knows, depending on this community's feedback perhaps I will put the time into an in depth writing. It focuses on realism. The unfortunate necessity of violence for change, the precise requirements for the perfect leader, drastic changes in wealth distribution (a system far different from both capitalism and communism), international trade, revival of nationalism and partial withdrawal of globalization

edit: *removed example, boring topic.*

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by john14

Welcome to meanest, most vile, political cesspool discussion place on the www.

It's also the most fun if you have thick skin and have a sick sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

olaru12
reply to post by john14

(laughing)

Think shark-tank with blood in the water. . . . .

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

olaru12
reply to post by john14

This may benefit my 21st post. It does entail what will be considered a very offensive generalization, however primary sources to back my stance.. I truly do think that so long as those take the time to sift through the reputable sources I intend to provide, I will blow some minds. I don't want to be another uneducated hate spewing writer, producing false information. I want people to actually see what has been omitted from western history, why, and how it facilitates corruption today.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Welcome. I kinda have had similar discussions. But if you are talking about Zionism make a distinction between Zionism and Jews. Not all Jews are supporting Zionism, in fact many are very pissed of at the crap Zionism is doing in the name of Jews.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

LittleByLittle
Welcome. I kinda have had similar discussions. But if you are talking about Zionism make a distinction between Zionism and Jews. Not all Jews are supporting Zionism, in fact many are very pissed of at the crap Zionism is doing in the name of Jews.

Haha, I am not talking about Zionism.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by john14

Welcome to ATS john14. Nice intro and I look forward to your threads.

[but whatever you do don't bring up Nibiru.)

reply to post by olaru12

Aww, that can't be right, ATS is warm and fuzzy, most of the time...

... except the ufo and tech forms they can be a tough crowd...

... and the jokes forum is positively a thick skin zone.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

john14

Tucket
reply to post by john14

Hey welcome.

When it comes to political philosophy, I believe that it is difficult to speak truthfully while also speaking "appropriately."

Well put.
And therein lies the reason im pretty much lost on this subject.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

Such a well written intro, that it'll be enjoying to read your threads.

(You are a quarter of the way there...)

Get to posting!

new topics

top topics

join