The 10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced than us

page: 23
52
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula


.....we invented a nuclear powered aircfaft carrier,the JFK in 1961...



.....er no it wasn't the Kennedy it was USS Enterprise (CVN-65) in 1961
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by blocula


.....we invented a nuclear powered aircfaft carrier,the JFK in 1961...



.....er no it wasn't the Kennedy it was USS Enterprise (CVN-65) in 1961
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)
You are correct,thats the one...

And just imagine and realize that the earth is 4,500,000,000 years old and how we have a hard time accurately figuring out what happened 500 years ago...



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

And just imagine and realize that the earth is 4,500,000,000 years old and how we have a hard time accurately figuring out what happened 500 years ago...


...but we have zero doubts that we were there, that we have left copious traces and there is no doubt what our level of technology was



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Hanslune
 


Thanks for getting back to me! I understand your point on this one. However, some of the symbols occur at all sites, some at a certain percentage of sites, etc. They also generally do not seem to be random strokes, rather thought through designs.

It is certainly an interesting paradox and im sure one day someone will become the Champollian of his/her day by becoming the first to figure it all out!



Probably not as the languages behind these symbols aren't known nor do we know what x or y were thinking !


On an entirely separate note, i have been reading today about another translated Sumerian cuniform tablet that has been discovered. It is basically a joke book, a rant about useless leaders and an praise to beer all in one. That seems an awful lot of trouble to go to just for some grafitti - i bet humans loved it when they invented paper instead!


Yeah stuff to write on was a big problem back then, expensive - a lot of people used pottery sherds to write stuff- it was all over the place and cheap - once they had pottery before then well writing doesn't seemed to have existed but they did dig out symbols on bone and rocks - creative these humans

Were you referring to this

Translation
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)


Ah but until the Rosetta Stone, heiroglyphs were a total mystery with some very strange explanations attributed to them over the ages! Perhaps all we are awaiting is the equivalent pre historic find.

Sadly, as (if it exists) it is probably on a sea bed somewhere under tonnes of sediment we will probably never fully know the truth.

Back to the cuneiform tablet, i just thought it most strange that such a vague and rambling set of inscriptions would be carved into a tablet. Cuneiform doesn't look the easiest of writing methods! Must have been carried out by a very bored scribe somewhere!



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have also seen some claims that Einstein was a Kabbalist. To me, for a guy who said his greatest gift was his imagination it would be no surprise if his search for knowledge led him to metaphysical or "mystical" science. After all, what is the "spirit world"? It's the realm of thought. Mind over matter. That is the underlying theme of Kabbalah. That the realm of thought and the material universe are somehow intricately connected, two sides of the same coin.

So, perhaps we're focusing too much on "technology" as we understand it in terms of gadgets and such when we try to define "advanced civilizations", while we're overlooking a spiritual aspect to their "advanced" abilities. Perhaps instead of being fluoridated to death, their pineal glands were working as they were intended. Maybe their entire endocrine system was "switched on" and acting as a "psychic antenna" to the Universal Consciousness as is suggested in many of these ancient texts and the multitude of indigenous folklore that appears to have been handed down from the survivors of these ancient civilizations.

Maybe their DNA was functioning to capacity instead of 95 percent of it unplugged and in chaos. Maybe there really is something to this 12-strand DNA. I find it fascinating that Kabbalists teach their initiates to read the Bible allegorically, for instance to apply the "Nation of Israel" or "Jerusalem" to the Self. Suddenly there is new and profound meaning to the "lost ten tribes" being reunited in the end with the original two.

Perhaps, if the galaxy is a sentient being and we the supposed goyim are instead One with it, humanity's input has a real effect its own fate. If mankind's collective brain is directly connected to the earth's "brain", perhaps it was their collective consciousness succumbing to materialism and greed that led to the cataclysms that wiped them out. This is, in fact, the suggestion being made about Atlantis in the research that I have done.

edit on 31-1-2012 by SimontheMagus because: missing word



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Harte
 
My point was obviously stated.In the year 1900,99.9% of people were using horse drawn carriages and wagons,or bicycles,or they were walking and then,as amazing as it is,only 60 years later,we invented a nuclear powered aircfaft carrier,the JFK in 1961...

On June 19, 1969, no human had ever walked on the Moon before.

The next day, they had!

We got to the Moon in only one day!!!!


Harte
edit on 1/31/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

We got to the Moon in only one day!!!!


Harte




Damn we are good

Kinda like the Amazonian natives who were discovered and amongst them was a person with a serious illness. The explorers brought in a float plane and took her off to a hospital - so for her and her tribe they went from the stone age to aviation in less than one day
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte
 
The space race,the race for space,lasted from 1957- 1975 between russia and the usa and reaching the moon was a series of purposefully directed technological achievements and endeavors spanning 12 years,not one day and the russians were first in almost every single aspect of that race,because they detained and used 70 to 80% of all german nazi jet and rocket scientists towards the end and shortly after ww-2.The usa just happened to obtain and use the most brilliant one of them all,werner von braun and so yes,the nazis,nasa,put us on the moon...



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Harte
 
The space race,the race for space,lasted from 1957- 1975 between russia and the usa and reaching the moon was a series of purposefully directed technological achievements and endeavors spanning 12 years,not one day and the russians were first in almost every single aspect of that race,because they detained and used 70 to 80% of all german nazi jet and rocket scientists towards the end and shortly after ww-2.The usa just happened to obtain and use the most brilliant one of them all,werner von braun and so yes,the nazis,nasa,put us on the moon...



Well done blocula I would have thought you were a Moon landing denier

Nazisism is a political concept. Werner was a German Scientist, who was no longer part of that regime. I was once many decades ago a Republican, I'm no longer; does that mean all my work from then on is considered 'Republican'? The first space race was very much a German-American and German-Russian endeavour.

Taking the artists and craftsmen from a conquered country is a very old tradition in the wars of man.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You said if mankind can advance in 500 years from swords and bows to the modern age then they could have done it in the past? Yes you are correct this COULD be true. But another explanation that makes more sence. For the past 2000 years science has been practicaly outlawd by the church. Scientist were killed or locked away and called heretics. It wasent untill 500 years ago or so that for the first time in history the people were stronger than the church. The darkages ended and mankind was finnaly able to pursue its journey on the scientific road without and fear of persecuation from the church.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrdoAbChao5454
You said if mankind can advance in 500 years from swords and bows to the modern age then they could have done it in the past? Yes you are correct this COULD be true. But another explanation that makes more sence. For the past 2000 years science has been practicaly outlawd by the church. Scientist were killed or locked away and called heretics. It wasent untill 500 years ago or so that for the first time in history the people were stronger than the church. The darkages ended and mankind was finnaly able to pursue its journey on the scientific road without and fear of persecuation from the church.


That was true in some extend in the west; China, India and the Americas had their own internal problems. Islam started well on absorbing past technology and science and producing its own but fell apart, Ijtihad (when the door was closed on) doomed them to backwardness which continues to this day. The rise of Science is a very tangled tale!

Yes it COULD as you say, but at this time there is no evidence that this has occurred despite the strong belief of it in the fringe and new age worlds
edit on 31/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Harte
 
The space race,the race for space,lasted from 1957- 1975 between russia and the usa and reaching the moon was a series of purposefully directed technological achievements and endeavors spanning 12 years,not one day ...


And the wheeled cart era, which lasted from approximately 3500 BC until (as you pointed out) 1900 AD, started as a race between the inhabitants of Mesopotamia, the Northern Caucasus (Maykop culture) and Central Europe.

It was a series of purposefully directed technological acheivements, dominated primarily by the Mesopotamians (as far as we know) and spanned an unknown number of years.

5500 years later, man progressed to the internal combustion engine automobile.

How can we possibly explain such a rapid transition???


Harte



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

And the wheeled cart era, which lasted from approximately 3500 BC until (as you pointed out) 1900 AD, started as a race between the inhabitants of Mesopotamia, the Northern Caucasus (Maykop culture) and Central Europe.

Harte


I would note with a wink that wheeled carts (unmotorized) are still in use, notably in India and parts of Asia



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Harte

And the wheeled cart era, which lasted from approximately 3500 BC until (as you pointed out) 1900 AD, started as a race between the inhabitants of Mesopotamia, the Northern Caucasus (Maykop culture) and Central Europe.

Harte


I would note with a wink that wheeled carts (unmotorized) are still in use, notably in India and parts of Asia


Ah yes, the traditionalists!

Harte



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte


Ah yes, the traditionalists!

Harte


The poor. I rode a ox cart for a few miles while visiting Chitwan - not a bad way to travel if the road is good, as it was it wasn't and it was bone shakingly adventurous



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Food for thought...

Nuclear Disaster on Earth About 12,500 Years Ago

I have no idea what to say... I've often thought that perhaps we are reconstituted survivors from a long-ago hyper-advanced civilization, driven back to caveman-like living due to some disaster. The above article makes some compelling scientific arguments that compliment this theory.

Interesting to note, they're not theorizing that it was a nuclear war that set back civilization, but our proximity to a quazar or some such extra-terrestial event.



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Food for thought...

Nuclear Disaster on Earth About 12,500 Years Ago

I have no idea what to say... I've often thought that perhaps we are reconstituted survivors from a long-ago hyper-advanced civilization, driven back to caveman-like living due to some disaster. The above article makes some compelling scientific arguments that compliment this theory.

Interesting to note, they're not theorizing that it was a nuclear war that set back civilization, but our proximity to a quazar or some such extra-terrestial event.


This appears to be website based on the early work of Firestone, West and Warwick-Smith who thought a Supernova ejection had struck North America at that date.

Discussion and debunk of that here

The theory

The website hasn't kept up with the info on that; the discrediting of Allen West's (sic) data and contra-evidence for that theory or an exploding comet.

Another view

It was an interesting theory and the book they wrote 'The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes' I found to be good but - the data has not stood up and it collapsed



posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune
 
I would imagine that the American public back in the late 1940's and 50's would'nt have liked the fact that Nazi and SS scientists were developing their space program,so the fact that they were Nazis and SS was most likely down played by publicly calling them Germans,more socially acceptable i suppose...

From what i've read about the brilliant Werner Von Braun,he was a member of the Nazi Party,a Commissioned Sturmbannführer of the paramilitary SS,an officer in the Waffen-SS,a decorated Nazi war hero and a Rocket Scientist...

NAZI...NASA...Hmmmm?...Looks like somethings hiding there,in plain sight...

edit on 31-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
From what i've read about the brilliant Werner Von Braun,he was a member of the Nazi Party,a Commissioned Sturmbannführer of the paramilitary SS,an officer in the Waffen-SS,a decorated Nazi war hero and a Rocket Scientist...

NAZI...NASA...Hmmmm?...Looks like somethings hiding there,in plain sight...


LOL.

Sure, it looks like NASA is an Anglicized version of Nazi.

Look. You couldn't work in any meaningful career in the 1930's in Germany without joining the Nazi party.

Would you consign a guy like Von Braun to janitorial services?

Harte



posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by blocula
From what i've read about the brilliant Werner Von Braun,he was a member of the Nazi Party,a Commissioned Sturmbannführer of the paramilitary SS,an officer in the Waffen-SS,a decorated Nazi war hero and a Rocket Scientist...

NAZI...NASA...Hmmmm?...Looks like somethings hiding there,in plain sight...


LOL.

Sure, it looks like NASA is an Anglicized version of Nazi.

Look. You couldn't work in any meaningful career in the 1930's in Germany without joining the Nazi party.

Would you consign a guy like Von Braun to janitorial services?

Harte


Yeah, he was also arrested for disloyalty the Nazis and only released because of what he knew. Glad we had him our side and that the Russians didn't get him
edit on 1/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
52
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

log in

join