It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced than us

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

umm aren't you forgetting that civilization/culture
has risen and collapsed more than once during historical times?
you need to take into account that much of what we know about ancient civs was only rediscovered since the mid to late 19thcentury

and even more recently in the late 20th. Göbekli Tepe for example was unknown to the Classical Greeks, as far as we know, maybe the library of Alexandria had something on it or maybe not

the west isn't that old really just shy of a millennium at a stretch

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by Hanslune
If they had magical powers - it sure doesn't show in the archaeological record

that is my point
a civilization based on psychic abilities/ magickal powers
will not leave Material artifacts to be found

Then why do we find material artifacts then??...what did they eat? What did they do with their dead? Did they make fires or just sit around and vibrate?
edit on 28/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

who says they're the same? cavemen may merely be shell-shocked survivors [with amnesia]

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

How right you are about cavemen and thats more or less exactly what i think and said as well > www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

who says they're the same? cavemen may merely be shell-shocked survivors [with amnesia]

Because all we have back to 1.5 million years ago is stone tools .....why would the archaeological record show slow evolution of lithic technology and man himself and nothing else....? Why would wizard need stone tools?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainRon

Nuclear winter is a myth, in the sense that it would be global and long lasting...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

in fact, thinking it over, western civ is only post middle ages

and don't forget it's happened before and covered up

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Great thread, thought provoking & nicely worded!

Throw in a little ET interference along the way and it all makes sense to me!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

A Frenchman named Etienne Lenoir patented the first practical gas engine in Paris in 1860 and drove a car based on the design from Paris to Joinville in 1862. His one-half horse power engine had a bore of 5 inches and a 24 inch stroke. It was big and heavy and turned 100 rpm. Guess what were still driving 150 years later? As far as your argument of nuclear carrier The fuel changed but the design of a ship didn't. What your describing again had to have past technological advances to build on.Do you realize a nuclear engine is not all that different from a steam engine. Technology is all ways built off your ancestors and archeologists would see this. In fact we have never seen advancement occur independent in any area of the world without it disseminating to other populations. So there would be evidence of technology in other cultures as well. Human nature is if someone has something you want you beg borrow or steal to get it.
edit on 1/29/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus

Originally posted by CaptainRon

There is a tendency of the west to disregard anything that over shadows their ego.
Anyway, I look forward to some more matured comments on the subject.

Oh come on! We, (In the West), only feel that way because all other countries and regions are inhabited, largely, by barbarians and "funny folk" who scurry around, nibbling at our technical scraps.

And, that's the only reason we look down upon the accomplishments of others.

Soooooooo, the Indian and Russian Air Forces have "Inviso-Planes", which will probably be used against the Antigrav-Jets of the Chinese!

I guess the USA is in Big Trouble now!

Luckily, we can go down to South America and ask the Flying Witches to bail us out!

Whew! That was a close one.

Oh, by the way...

Wow, what an incredibly childish post. You do know that much of the technology was developed in the USA, but by immigrants from other countries, right? The only reason it was developed in the USA is because that's where the money was to make the development. People aren't smarter because they are born American, rather the smartest people came to America where they had their best chances of having their ideas come to fruition. Unbeknown to you quite obviously, is the fact that smart people are born every day, in every country on this planet. Oh, and believe it or not, there are "barbarians and funny folk" right here in the good old USA.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Hmmmm?...We have gone from using horse drawn carriages and wagons in 1900...To using nuclear powered aircraft carriers in 1961...In only sixty years...
Sure. Make up your own facts.

The earliest spoke-wheeled chariots date to ca. 2000 BC and their use peaked around 1300 BC (see Battle of Kadesh).

Source

Sorry, but you purposefully ignored the fact that the span between the use of horse-drawn vehicles and nuclear powered aircraft is actually more like 4,000 years, and likely even longer than that.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ancient India got very politically advanced- I don't think that just happens. I think that was the carry over.

They had free animal welfare clinics- and we can't even get healthcare for our poor in place.

I think that India probably colonized Egypt, maybe the Minoans too.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I haven't found any threads on it yet (ATS search so there could be thousands!
) but has anyone looked into the Stone Age Code before? There appears to be some validity behind it but i am only in the early stages of looking at this so it could be very wrong! Basically, the same symbols are found at various sites around the world - and i do not mean same type of drawings of animals. It is actually various symbols which (if not actually demonstrating) at the very least offer tantalasing signs of an ancient alphabet - in turn this would indicate a far more advanced society than we generally envisage today.

This post is actually aimed more at Harte and Hans (no offence to everyone else) as out site archeologists! I realise this theory was first proposed in the early 1970's and there doesn't seem to be much literature on it (suggesting it is probably rubbish) but there is something to it that seems to grip me as realistic. Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

Wow is that a copy and paste post or what, sure as hell looks like it to me.
Second line.

LOL
you do realize [as i did after making my posts]
this thread is pretty old ?

I got through a couple of pages before I realized the date
posted on 19-11-2004 @ 02:46 PM

edit on 28-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
I haven't found any threads on it yet (ATS search so there could be thousands!
) but has anyone looked into the Stone Age Code before? There appears to be some validity behind it but i am only in the early stages of looking at this so it could be very wrong! Basically, the same symbols are found at various sites around the world - and i do not mean same type of drawings of animals. It is actually various symbols which (if not actually demonstrating) at the very least offer tantalasing signs of an ancient alphabet - in turn this would indicate a far more advanced society than we generally envisage today.

This post is actually aimed more at Harte and Hans (no offence to everyone else) as out site archeologists! I realise this theory was first proposed in the early 1970's and there doesn't seem to be much literature on it (suggesting it is probably rubbish) but there is something to it that seems to grip me as realistic. Thoughts anyone?

Ah I seem to remember something like it but cannot recall the details, however if you hand somebody a stone tool or brush or piece of red ochre and ask them to make symbols - you'll get a number of standard symbols - there are only so many that you can easily do, crosses, hatch marks, circles, etc - world wide there would be a match between such scratchings

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thanks for getting back to me! I understand your point on this one. However, some of the symbols occur at all sites, some at a certain percentage of sites, etc. They also generally do not seem to be random strokes, rather thought through designs.

It is certainly an interesting paradox and im sure one day someone will become the Champollian of his/her day by becoming the first to figure it all out!

On an entirely separate note, i have been reading today about another translated Sumerian cuniform tablet that has been discovered. It is basically a joke book, a rant about useless leaders and an praise to beer all in one. That seems an awful lot of trouble to go to just for some grafitti - i bet humans loved it when they invented paper instead!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thanks for getting back to me! I understand your point on this one. However, some of the symbols occur at all sites, some at a certain percentage of sites, etc. They also generally do not seem to be random strokes, rather thought through designs.

It is certainly an interesting paradox and im sure one day someone will become the Champollian of his/her day by becoming the first to figure it all out!

Probably not as the languages behind these symbols aren't known nor do we know what x or y were thinking !

On an entirely separate note, i have been reading today about another translated Sumerian cuniform tablet that has been discovered. It is basically a joke book, a rant about useless leaders and an praise to beer all in one. That seems an awful lot of trouble to go to just for some grafitti - i bet humans loved it when they invented paper instead!

Yeah stuff to write on was a big problem back then, expensive - a lot of people used pottery sherds to write stuff- it was all over the place and cheap - once they had pottery before then well writing doesn't seemed to have existed but they did dig out symbols on bone and rocks - creative these humans

Were you referring to this

Translation
edit on 30/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This post is actually aimed more at Harte and Hans (no offence to everyone else) as out site archeologists!

I'm a math and science teacher.

Yet I still don't believe in any stone-age "code."

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

yes, that is the one. on phone now, hard work typing! will get back to you later

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

My point was obviously stated.In the year 1900,99.9% of people were using horse drawn carriages and wagons,or bicycles,or they were walking and then,as amazing as it is,only 60 years later,we invented a nuclear powered aircfaft carrier,the JFK in 1961...

It took a long time for humanity to get going again as a society because we were driven down to almost near extinction by natural and self inflicted cataclysms and those who survived were reduced to cavemen,thrown back into a prehistoric way of living in which food,shelter and clothing become the primary concern and what really matters.Not worrying about the fashion statements of hollywoods elite,not posessed by money,not obsessed with gaining more and more materialistic illusions like toys and games..

And thanx mostly to the relentless and thoughtless cold war nuclear arms race and the building of insanity inducing amounts of atomic weapons,we are soon to be thrust backwards again...Imo

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

This post is actually aimed more at Harte and Hans (no offence to everyone else) as out site archeologists!

I'm a math and science teacher.

Yet I still don't believe in any stone-age "code."

Harte

Now now Harte I thought you were the Illuminati charges d'affaire on this board? lol

Flavian, I was an archaeologist once apon a time, just an amateur now. Bryd is an Anthropologist and once her degree is awarded she will probably not have anything more to do with us lesser beings....(sob)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join