It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President enrolls in ObamaCare, picks least expensive plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
President enrolls in ObamaCare, picks least expensive plan

They say he signed up purely as a "symbolic" gesture because he is already covered by his "employer". [Does Michelle and the kids get his insurance too?]

And to boot, he selected a "Bronze" plan which is supposedly the least expensive.

So, what now ?

Will he cancel ?

Will he be notified in time ?

Or will he simply not pay the bill when it comes in the mail

Maybe he never really hit the "enroll now" button.

President Obama signed up over the weekend for insurance under the Affordable Care Act, the White House said Monday.

The president, who is vacationing in Hawaii with his family, selected a plan from the ObamaCare website run by the District of Columbia.

Obama signed up before the midnight Monday deadline to get coverage starting Jan. 1 and ended speculation about when he would enroll.

The White House said the president enrolling was “symbolic” because he is among the 85 percent of Americans who already get their health insurance through an employer and that he receives health care from the military -- like previous presidents.

"He" signed up !

Wonder if he got the "We're Busy Now" screen ?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
he didn't build that someone else did

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He has a private doctor and medical staff on call 24/7/365. And that is the way it should be for the position. That being said this man is a scam and so is his health care plan.

This all comes down to one thing dear readers the baby boomers. So many people are going to come into the system all at once they wanted a control over life and death. This is the bottom line no one is talking about. And you had better believe they will have control over who gets what and who lives and who dies.

The older population bought into a lie and they will reap what they sow. Need a new hip..........I think not.
edit on 23-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

He actually didn't do the signing up. His staff got stuck with that job and doubtful he cared how long they had to wait for the web pages. After all he's on vacation.

Although Obama was involved in selecting a plan, he didn’t sign up himself. The president’s staff did that for him, going in person to the D.C. exchange over the weekend, the White House official said.

edit on 888pm0707pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Bassago

He actually didn't do the signing up. His staff got stuck with that job and doubtful he cared how long they had to wait for the web pages. After all he's on vacation.

Although Obama was involved in selecting a plan, he didn’t sign up himself. The president’s staff did that for him, going in person to the D.C. exchange over the weekend, the White House official said.

edit on 888pm0707pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

well THAT figures !!

I wonder WHO "signed" his application ?

And what SS number did they use ?

And what form of "I.D." did they have ?

Let's hope the "Navigators" were certified as *Genuine*.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And if he'd signed up with the most expensive this would have been spun to make it look like he was squandering the taxpayers money. @@

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

He will get denied. He lied about his smoking, he really didn't quit.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So if I pick the bronze plan, the next time I fly anywhere I better have my own stand-by surgical team flying with me.
Firepiston

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I assume you are aware that every President has completely free healthcare for life. I don't know if that includes the immediate family or not, but I suspect it probably covers the First Lady as well.

Congress (until now) and staffers were under the same FEHB health plans as the rest of the Federal government. Now Congress and their staff pick their insurance through the ACA exchanges, but still get the employer contribution towards the premiums that they (we) have always gotten under FEHB.

Outside of Congress and their staff, if I were to leave the FEBH and join the ACA exchanges, I would lose my employer contribution, and have to pay the entire premium. That is what Congress received the waiver for.

Fun fact: All FEHB insurance has always been required to accept new policies regardless of preexisting health conditions. So, this new requirement of all health insurance is a benefit us feds have always received.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So he enrolled in Obama Care? So what. Tax payers are footing the bill for it regardless.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I could swear I remember our honored officials wrote in an exception for elected officials and aids. If I remember that right, this is just another lie and misrepresentation. I'm not signing up for squat. Everyone I know shares my opinion on this. I wonder if they room at the FEMA camps for the other 200 million people that refuse to sign up. Amazing. Muslims exempt for religion in the 1st draft and the US supreme court won't even hear the Christian view. This is contradictory to my religious beliefs. I don't resolve myself to 1 particular church. I resolve myself to what the Bible says to do.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

See my reply above in regards to what the "exception" was.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hillbilly123069

I could swear I remember our honored officials wrote in an exception for elected officials and aids. If I remember that right, this is just another lie and misrepresentation. I'm not signing up for squat. Everyone I know shares my opinion on this. I wonder if they room at the FEMA camps for the other 200 million people that refuse to sign up. Amazing. Muslims exempt for religion in the 1st draft and the US supreme court won't even hear the Christian view. This is contradictory to my religious beliefs. I don't resolve myself to 1 particular church. I resolve myself to what the Bible says to do.

Native Americans and the Amish are also exempt from Obamacare. All Christians have to do is prove this is against their religion.

The Internal Revenue Code exempts an individual from certain taxes if he is “a member of a recognized religious sect or division thereof and is an adherent of established tenets or teachings of such sect or division by reason of which he is conscientiously opposed to acceptance of the benefits of any private or public insurance which makes payments in the event of death, disability, old-age, or retirement or makes payments toward the cost of, or provides services for, medical care,” including Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Pictures...or it didn't happen!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

intrepid
And if he'd signed up with the most expensive this would have been spun to make it look like he was squandering the taxpayers money. @@

What he should've done was to donate his unused obamacare monthly payments to someone else.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

breakingnews.com is stating that he has to pay $400 per month for that care as well. I pay a hell of a lot less for my coverage through work so I feel sorry for those forced into this situation as I know my coverage is WAY better than bronze level. White House confirms President Obama will pay his health care premiums personally and it will run him about $400 a month - @ShawnaNBCNews

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here's another hysterical comment

Some of Obama’s personal information is not readily accessible on the government databases used by the website for identity verification.

ROFLOL

story from Time

And you would think this big of a thing would merit some "Live" coverage.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is from my thread on the issue that the mods closed due to this being posted...

I call your attention to this quote:

"Like some Americans, the complicated nature of the president’s case required an in-person sign-up,” the official said. “As you’d expect, the president’s personal information is not readily available in the variety of government databases HealthCare.gov uses to verify identities.”

Still, the White House official added, Obama “was pleased to participate in a plan as a show of support for these marketplaces which are providing quality, affordable health-care options to more than a million people.”

I call now your attention to this little gem:

the president’s personal information is not readily available in the variety of government databases HealthCare.gov uses to verify identities.

This will sure add fuel to the birther argument and has me continuing to wonder exactly who this man is and where did he really come from?

My thread that was closed

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Bronze plan ... which means this is just a commercial. This is not his insurance plan, he has another one, this is just him selling a lemon.

It would be like driving a Porsche 911 and then spending $500 for an old Hyundai that you will never drive to convince people Hyundai's are great.

Buuutttt...

the complicated nature of the president’s case required an in-person sign-up

So he actually did not sign up for anything. IF anything was signed up for ... he had other people do it for him.
edit on 23-12-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I bet when the navigators asked for ID, they gave this website...

Obama ID

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join