It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you don't believe it is about oil, eh?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's a fantastic little website that reveals all the intertwined relationships between political individuals, businesses and governments involved over global oil interests.

www.globalrealities.com...

"The United States is not interested in the oil in that region of Iraq. That's utter nonsense. It is not interested in occupying any country." Donald Rumsfeld

Like it or not. Iraqi oil reserves represent a major asset that can quickly add capacity to world oil markets and inject more competative tenor to oil trade" James Baker III

If you ever had questions regarding the who's who, i highly suggest you thoroughly check over this awesome website and free your mind of the misleading propaganda.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ha, I have been telling the same thing over and over in ATS and even with links, many Mr. Bush supporters still will fall flat on their butts and tell you that you are wrong and that we are just liberating the middle east.

Get ready with more links and proof because they are coming to get you, or probably ignore you.

Yes is all for the oil, and only the oil.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I totally agree that it's all about oil. I'm a firm believer in the Hubbert's Peak theory. There's some interesting reading about it here:

www.hubbertpeak.com...

Granted, it doesn't proove conclusively that the current war is all about oil, but sometime you have to read between the lines. After all, isn't that what a good majority of this site is all about???

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
America: OilRUs

Some people just dont want to believe and need a reality check.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here are some excellent links by Michael C. Ruppert who helped discover the Peak Oil problem. Oil is one of the main reason we're at war with Iraq and Afgahnistan.

THE END OF THE AGE OF OIL

By David Goodstein
Published by CalTech News, California Institute of Technology
Vol. 38, No.2, 2004

This article is adapted from a talk that Caltech vice provost and professor of physics and applied physics David Goodstein presented at an April 29 program of the Institute support group, the Caltech Associates. Goodstein�s new book, Out of Gas: The End of the Age of Oil, was published in February by W. W. Norton.

In the 1950s, it was not Saudi Arabia but the United States that was the world�s greatest producer of oil. Much of our military and industrial might grew out of our giant oil industry, and most people in the oil business thought that this bonanza would go on forever. But there was one gentleman who knew better. He was an oil exploration geologist named Marion King Hubbert.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

The Neo Cons think that the only way to survive this crisis is take control of the world's remaining oil. They don't care about us anymore. They are in this to save themselves. Not us.

WE DID IT!

World's Seven Largest Economies (G7) Admit They Have No Idea How Much Oil Is Left - Issue Emergency Call for Transparency at DC Summit

A Challenge to the Flat-Earth, Abiotic Oil Advocates and Cornucopian Economists - It's Now or Never

by
Michael C. Ruppert

� Copyright 2004, From The Wilderness Publications, www.fromthewilderness.com. All Rights Reserved. May be reprinted, distributed or posted on an Internet web site for non-profit purposes only.

WASHINGTON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Worried soaring oil prices could hurt the best global prospects in years, finance chiefs from wealthy nations met on Friday to try to work out what lay behind the surge and how to buffer the economic expansion.

Group of Seven finance ministers and central bankers met at the tightly guarded U.S. Treasury building over lunch and were to work through the afternoon before a dinner with Chinese counterparts that has currency reform on the menu.

The officials will set out their world-view at about 5:45 p.m. EDT (2145 GMT) in a communiqu� sources said would include a call to bolster oil-market monitoring to make it easier to discern if scarce supply, hefty demand or market speculation lay behind crude's drive to record levels.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

This is something that needs to be addressed now or we are all in trouble.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

TextIn the 1950s, it was not Saudi Arabia but the United States that was the world�s greatest producer of oil. Much of our military and industrial might grew out of our giant oil industry, and most people in the oil business thought that this bonanza would go on forever. But there was one gentleman who knew better. He was an oil exploration geologist named Marion King Hubbert.

Ok, so call me naive but where all the oil in the US go? I knew we extract oil but we only put it away. I wonder what happend to our natural resources.

And why are we so dependant on middle eastern oil, to the point of going to extreme to control it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And why are we so dependant on middle eastern oil, to the point of going to extreme to control it.

Because that's where a large percentage of the Earth's oil is. The U.S. can't pump enough oil to become independant. So they look to two places.

1. The Middle East
2. China (Which is the end game on the war on terror)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Marg, most of our Oil is still in the ground. Environmentalist have made it hard to bring it up. i.e. ANWRAR, off the coast of California. To be honest, it's cheaper to get it from overseas and have them fight the Environmentalist.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Marg, most of our Oil is still in the ground. Environmentalist have made it hard to bring it up. i.e. ANWRAR, off the coast of California. To be honest, it's cheaper to get it from overseas and have them fight the Environmentalist.

I don't know Jrsdls we do a very good job doing the Refining here when the oil is pump in the middle east by mostly our very own US oil base companies.

And about enviroment please since went Mr. Bush care so much about the enviroment.

I think we still have it, and have it in good quantities, its just waiting for the rest of the world to run out of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Marg, most of our Oil is still in the ground.

I'm curious to where your're getting this info from. Do you have any stats (besides ones that are inflated by the US oil companies)?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You are right,
I am amazed by how much oil we do have. The Oil in Alaska is a huge deposits. Don't over look the power of the Environmentalist, remember the snail darter?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think when the time comes to get the baby out of the ground not enviromentalist is going to stop the governemnt that will do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Oh yea, I'm sure the evil enviromentalists are secretly venturing a capatalist agenda here..

America holds the keys to a huge untapped oil source in the state Alaska. But their's not much profit in Oil when mankind will be a bunch of Kevin Costners swimming around in a Waterworld type Earth.

Yea, the true story version.

So let's rule the middle east, ya wahoo, gun hoe!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh, can't forget the long tail jumping mouse in colorado, was going to build all these cheap housing places, but nope, can't, a mouse lives there that is endangered. So instead of giving homes to thousands of middle class and lower class people, we keep a black plague carrying vermin alive.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The Oil in Alaska is a huge deposits.

Drilling in the artic is a huge mistake. Why?

Since Arctic sea ice is declining at such a rapid rate, maritime access by oil exploration ships and tankers is viewed by the Bush-Cheney administration and their oil industry backers as an economic windfall because of increased access to Arctic resources. Timber companies are also excited about access to Arctic timber reserves from accessible Arctic seaports. Therefore, the Bush administration and their corporate sponsors want to downplay the environmental catastrophe that will be brought about by an anticipated complete loss of Arctic ice and the creation of an iceless Arctic Ocean by the end of the century.

Plus, the loss of snow cover in the Arctic will mean that less solar energy will be reflected back into space, thus adding to the warming of the Arctic's land and water surfaces.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Timber companies are also excited about access to Arctic timber reserves from accessible Arctic seaports."

Last time I checked, trees didn't grow in the artic.

I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
America holds the keys to a huge untapped oil source in the state Alaska. But their's not much profit in Oil when mankind will be a bunch of Kevin Costners swimming around in a Waterworld type Earth.

Exaclty Syntaxer! Tapping into Alaska's oil reserves will cause the global sea level to rise dramatically. Scientists discovered that substantial melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet will continue and its eventual melting will raise global sea levels by about 23 feet (7 meters). That, coupled with glacial melting in the Arctic (in Canada, Alaska, and Russia) and Antarctic melting, will cause the sea to flood most of southern and coastal Florida (including the Keys and the Everglades), the Mississippi Delta (including the city of New Orleans), a number of near-sea level islands in the Pacific, Indian, and Atlantic Oceans, and the expansion of tidal-influenced bays and rivers worldwide.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Oh, can't forget the long tail jumping mouse in colorado, was going to build all these cheap housing places, but nope, can't, a mouse lives there that is endangered. So instead of giving homes to thousands of middle class and lower class people, we keep a black plague carrying vermin alive.

Although your comment is off topic and i am unfamiliar with the housing development to which you are refering,

I can say after watching the lion king, there is such a thing as the "circle of life"
which becomes disrupted with the death/removal of a species.

Bears, wolves, perhaps foxes and who knows, they are all predators of the moose and function much like Simba did in the circle of life.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You are right,
I am amazed by how much oil we do have. The Oil in Alaska is a huge deposits. Don't over look the power of the Environmentalist, remember the snail darter?

Are you planning to eat, drink and breathe oil? Isn't there a proverb about not sh!++ing where you sleep? When you take one species out of the food chain, it can have unexpected repercussions on a large area. It's like pulling some little random wire out of your car's wiring harness. May not look important, but it could stop your car, sooner or later.

Environmentalists don't get their jollies from stopping "progress", they get their jollies from keeping short-sighted folk from stripping the car while we're still driving it.

As for where all the US oil reserves are - my theory is that it's been pretty much harvested and stored for military purposes. When the rest of the world does run out, there is no way amerika will go without. Not when there is a world to dominate. Hinting about untapped Alaskan reserves is just a good way to keep people hating each other instead of getting together to demand forward-thinking fuel sources.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It's sad that people believe this...

Saudi Arabia produces more oil than any other country in the world. Because of this they export more oil than any other country in the world. The US consumes more oil than any other country in the world. So....why not go to the biggest exporter?
We're "friends" with them, we don't need to control anything.

We, believe it or not, aren't dependent on Middle Eastern oil. I know, I know...it may be hard for you to believe that right now. It may be a shock to your system, since people who just go by what they hear are telling you we are.

Here are some facts, they forgot to mention.
About 55% of our oil is imported.
Around 17% comes from Saudi Arabia. I'm not sure what the numbers are now but during the oil for food program we boosted our imports from Iraq to about 11% (before - and when we had good relations with Iraq - it was less than 5%). We do not import a significant amount from the rest of the Mid. East (we actually get more oil from the UK than from the other countries in the middle east.)
All this to say, less than half of all our imported oil comes from the middle east.

So where does the majority of our (imported) oil come from?

15% from Canada, 15% from Mexico, 14% from Venezuela....

Not middle eastern countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join