It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting pic of UFO captured by amateur photographer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
While reading about shutter speeds and ufos, I came across this nice picture an amateur photographer snapped while trying to catch the rotor blades of a helicopter.
Camera: Sony Digital SLR - SLT A55V
Shutter speed: 1/250sec

www.ufocasebook.com...
Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Most likely a bug flew into shot, seeing as the photographer was taking a pic of the helicopter.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm guessing Bird.

Not positive though.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Rock.

Just kidding, but not clear enough to really determine it to be anything to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's too in focus to be a bug and doesn't look anything like a bird. I'm having a feeling of deja'vu

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It's a UFO.
Happy Christmas

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Aw, how can I stay angry at someone who takes the high road.

Merry New Year

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

ken10
Most likely a bug flew into shot, seeing as the photographer was taking a pic of the helicopter.

Size? Its above the chopper and big! Not a BUG!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I recognize that one from when I was a kid in 1956. I watched it go from horizon to horizon while laying on a picnic table. You would think they would change styles over the years, we do with our planes and cars.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

No kidding. Do you recall the general attitude back then if/when you had brought it up?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I guess what's suspect is the fact that he wanted to take a photo of the helicopter, but then didn't download the photo for 6 weeks after? Then waited another year and a half before viewing the images???

However, he remembers with crystal clarity there were no birds in the area....after possibly 19 months.

Wow...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

It's not a stretch to think birds might have been scared off by a loud lumbering helicopter.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Has been posted before here on ATS a few times.

Unity_99

ken10

Size? Its above the chopper and big! Not a BUG!

It likely looks above the chopper because it's pushing towards grey which is a lack of saturation. Human eyes associate low saturation with being further away. However, blur can also cause a lowering of color saturation ... so we can't really be 100% certain.

It's a bit of a Kennedy style bullet issue also ... because if it's further away, then motion blur would be less likely to take. If it's behind the helicopter it would be going quite some speed I imagine. [B]But[/B] if it's going that speed and experiencing that blur then it's very unlikely to be the flying saucer shape it appears to be in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The camera is pointing up at the sky. So IF this is a 'UFO' it is flying at a right angle to the ground!!

Logically this excludes it being a craft. I would say insect or bird. Perhaps a bit of rubbish. Who knows. Just think of the angle of the camera (Pointing mostly upwards) you would not get what looks like a side on shot of a craft, would you?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

nothingwrong
reply to post by FlySolo

The camera is pointing up at the sky. So IF this is a 'UFO' it is flying at a right angle to the ground!!

Logically this excludes it being a craft. I would say insect or bird. Perhaps a bit of rubbish. Who knows. Just think of the angle of the camera (Pointing mostly upwards) you would not get what looks like a side on shot of a craft, would you?

Why not? If it is a craft flying I don't see why it can't be on its side.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

FlySolo

nothingwrong
reply to post by FlySolo

Explain why it would be.

This is the most stupid comment I have read for years!

I mean..... what are the chances? lol

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

nothingwrong

FlySolo

nothingwrong
reply to post by FlySolo

Explain why it would be.

This is the most stupid comment I have read for years!

I mean..... what are the chances? lol

Why is it stupid? Aircraft don't do flat turns do they,they have to partly roll or bank the plane to the direction they're turning.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 25-12-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Then let's hear why it can't be on its side or please explain from your infinite wisdom how 'rubbish' gets into a photograph above a helicopter ?

I'll reserve my judgement till after I hear your stellar response.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

FlySolo

Then let's hear why it can't be on its side or please explain from your infinite wisdom how 'rubbish' gets into a photograph above a helicopter ?

I'll reserve my judgement till after I hear your stellar response.

How can we be sure it is above the chopper ?

The only thing in clear focus is the telegraph pole, therefore anything in front of that or behind it (as in the chopper) can be out of focus....But a bird flying above the chopper could not imo fly fast enough to cause that type of blurring....whereas a bug in close up would appear to.
edit on 25-12-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join