It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see the entire top half of the pez dispenser in my avatar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
When I post or look at threads, my Christmas avatar is the entire top of the pez dispenser, the Santa Claus dispenser. But I just looked at my profile and it shows just a tiny portion of the picture, the hat area. Does my avatar look like this to you or do only I see it on all my posts? Thanks. (hmmmm, it's quite big, maybe it didn't fit - but then why do I see the entire pic as the avatar???)

edit on 23-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I suppose you can see that for yourself, but what is under Santa's eyes?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

InTheLight
I suppose you can see that for yourself, but what is under Santa's eyes?

Under his eyes? I don't know, some blue lines. No, I see two different avatars - when I look at it on posts it shows the entire picture centered and small, but when I look at my profile page it shows only a tiny portion of the picture. That's why I'm asking what others see when I post. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yes, the avatar is cut off on the bottom, so if you look at the first page of the HO HO HO Christmas avatar page, it will explain how to setup the graphic.

Under Santa's eyes, there appears to be two band aid looking objects.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Those blue lines would likely be his eyeglasses.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

InTheLight

Yes, the avatar is cut off on the bottom, so if you look at the first page of the HO HO HO Christmas avatar page, it will explain how to setup the graphic.

Oh, just cut off at the bottom. Thanks. Look at my profile page and you'll see what I mean.

I would guess that the band-aids are those strips that some athletes use under their eyes, but those are usually black. So I don't know what the band-aids are.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Aleister

InTheLight

Oh, just cut off at the bottom. Thanks. Look at my profile page and you'll see what I mean.

I would guess that the band-aids are those strips that some athletes use under their eyes, but those are usually black. So I don't know what the band-aids are.

Odd, can you remove the tape...it doesn't look right.

Here are instructions for resizing graphics. I hope this helps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The blue strips are his eyeglasses.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

tamusan

The blue strips are his eyeglasses.

Well, they don't look like eyeglasses to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Me either, but I can assure you that is what they are supposed to be.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thanks, I'll look at the resize data. The tape can hardly be seen when the pic is tiny, and since I'll change the avatar after Christmas it's not worth anyone bothering now (I don't know how to do most of the things with pictures that other people do).

And if he puts the glasses on (especially on Christmas Eve) I don't know how he manages to see with those blue lines blocking some of his vision.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Aleister

Thanks, I'll look at the resize data. The tape can hardly be seen when the pic is tiny, and since I'll change the avatar after Christmas it's not worth anyone bothering now (I don't know how to do most of the things with pictures that other people do).

And if he puts the glasses on (especially on Christmas Eve) I don't know how he manages to see with those blue lines blocking some of his vision.

I would have coloured those eyeglasses 'rose coloured'.
edit on 23-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I can see the whole top half of it.

And maybe those are "breathe right" strips....Santa is a big guy and may snore.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

i think it s supposed to be his spectacles...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My guess - You have the picture set as your avatar AND your background. You're seeing the background on your profile, but we're seeing the background and the avatar on top of it.

Here's what I see:

s116.photobucket.com...

I have mine as my background (it has to be a certain size - yours looks too big) and a clear avatar over it.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's it, thanks. I was a little worried that I was running around with just the top of the hat showing and nothing else. I like the "single all seeing eye" staring out over on the right. And you're spot on, after using a tiny avatar I'll at some time go back to just the background avatar. Do you have a good link for the clear avatar pic, an admin sent me one awhile back but I didn't copy it to my uploads as yet. Thanks again, and....Happy Festivus!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Cartoon glasses. Those blue lines are supposed to be like the reflective streaks you see on glass in cartoons. Very poorly done, in my opinion, but still a clever avatar.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Here's the one I'm using. Just put that in your avatar window. Trouble is, then only your background will show. You have to re-size it to about 188x470 (approx)

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy Festivus to you!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The same thing happened to me when I created my Christmas avatar. It looked okay next to my posts, but on my profile page I could only see part of the face & hat.
It turned out that I made the avatar image too large. According to the avatar rules, the image should be no more than 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high, max file size 75k. When I resized my avatar image to the size specified, it looked okay on my profile page, as well as everywhere else.

Having checked your profile page, it looks like this is probably what's happening with your avatar. Hope this helps, and Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Why is Santa's expression so odd.. He knows what I did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join