It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather or not, it's Christmas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
New York, Neeewwwww Yoooooork.

Record-breaking heat wave hits New York City over the weekend

Temperatures have reached 70 degrees Fahrenheit — breaking the previous high of 63 recorded in 1998, he said. The high is expected to reach 73 degrees today, he said.

www.nydailynews.com...

And in New York, not New York city…. Ice storms!

In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo declared a winter ice storm emergency for parts of northern and western parts of the state. Cuomo also activated the state Emergency Operations Center. Cuomo said driving is expected to be dangerous as the combination of melting snow and incoming rain could cause moderate flooding.

www.boston.com...

Canada, Toronto and area?

Malls, schools and other closures, near half a million people without power. Ice storms!

At the peak of the storm’s impact Sunday, hundreds of thousands of households were without power — approximately 300,000 in Toronto alone. By late Sunday night, Toronto Hydro was still working to restore power to 254,000 customers. Southern Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes saw as much as 30 mm of ice blanket roads and trees, sending broken branches into power lines.

news.nationalpost.com...
www.cp24.com...

Middle East? Snow! Santa is come-ing to toooooown.

Snow has covered swaths of the Holy Land as storm Alexa continued to cause havoc across the Middle East, bringing misery to hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees living in tents and makeshift shelters.

In Jerusalem, meteorologists said the worst storm to hit the city for 60 years had left snow up to 50cm deep in some areas.

www.theguardian.com...

UK? Bunch of blowhards that they are getting 80+ mph winds!

The Christmas getaway could be severely hampered by severe weather, the Met Office has warned.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning from dawn on December 23, with the threat of gusts of up to 80mph and localised flooding in pockets of the UK, just in time for the big getaway.

www.standard.co.uk...

Australia has a 40c heat wave, what the heck? I thought'd it waz winters?

Australia swelters as heatwave brings 40C temperatures to eastern states
Weather bureau expects Christmas day to be milder, with fine conditions across much of the country

www.theguardian.com...

South America is having a dry season, drying out their crops

Corn rose the most in two weeks and soybeans gained on speculation that hot, dry weather in Argentina, Paraguay and southern Brazil will reduce soil-moisture reserves, increasing risks for yield loss in January.

www.bloomberg.com...

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but a city-or town or country-away its delightful...

And since we no place to go, let it snow, let it rain, let it blow, let it broil, let it snow…

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What a messy mix of weather. It is unseasonably warm here and I hate that when it's Christmas. It makes it feel a little less like Christmas for some reason.... but it could always be worse as your post shows!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

No... It's summer in Oz. Seasons on the other side of the equator are opp north of the equator.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

StallionDuck

No... It's summer in Oz. Seasons on the other side of the equator are opp north of the equator.

I thought the "waz" was indicative of sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

StallionDuck

Also, how could this be possible since debunking global warming on this forum is done as easily saying, "hey look it's snowing outside… they lied!"

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Weather you like it or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Dumbass
Weather you like it or not.

Pacifists may be somewhere in the middle with their feelings on that.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It was in the mid to high fifties in upper NY yesterday where I am..it felt really nice to walk the dogs in the warm weather yesterday and thankfully the snow melted gradually enough that there was no flooding. I'm hoping for a new sprinkle of snow by Xmas morning though..everything looks so muddy now lol

All of you spending Xmas someplace tropical I envy you, my husband an I had a conversation about having to have snow on the holidays the other day. I would be delighted to be on a 90 degree beach opening presents ...he likes it snowy

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

40 degree heatwaves in summer are nothing out of the ordinary in large parts of Australia.

Now the late summer we had in March 2013 with two extended periods of ten days or more with temperatures over 30 (SE Australia in Melbourne), that was an anomaly, and a very uncomfortable one at that.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Long Island here.

We're gonna try to bring in a little of the white tomorrow afternoon. It's gonna be tough but I'm optimistic. Give us a hand, maybe it will work...

new topics

top topics

join