It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will always be a hippie.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

certainly not replying to your rhetorical posts

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

certainly not replying to your rhetorical posts

Feeding the troll on this Christmas day, feeding you fine biscuits and tofurky and Rice Dream (and also put nutritional yeast on your Christmas oatmeal and leftover Festivus lentils and rice), I can only surmise from your posts that...

...you may have a raging case of hippie envy.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

are Hippies Trolls wearing Santa suits?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

A definition for the dictionary. And why do you dislike hippies so? Did one give you a taste of the good life and then pull it back, or did you meet one when you were young and got scared?

To be more serious, I think one of the worse things that happened for our, ah, that generation is the portrayals of Cheech and Chong in movies. They set-in-stone the meme of a certain kind of hippie-subclass, the stoned moron. But then people took that meme to designate an entire strata of humanity, and the stoned non-morons could only look on in wonder at how people get it so wrong (or so I've been told). American Hippies of the era were faced, remember, with being drafted into a war they knew to be unjust and one that their country may have been, from the historical evidence and reports coming back from the area, fighting on the wrong side. This can knock the consciousness for a loop. Your friends, or your family members, had to either literally go to a jungle and fight in a war for what seemed to be very wrong reasons, or move to Canada (or in the case of one man I know, India) in what they thought may be a lifelong exile. Then the black people were standing up, and the women were standing up, and the music changed nto something else entirely, and soon a nation reached the point where "the whole world was watching", and eventually hippie became the norm and hippies went off and dove into human potential, eastern data, and developed personal computer technology. And so here we are, sharing thoughts on a fine Christmas Day, over the roaring fire of worldwide communication and cyberspace, courtesy of our hippie ancestors.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Nice post - and you made me laugh

Rice Dream for everyone!

:-)

Edit to add - the post directly above this one isn't bad either

edit on 12/25/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

We lived on 3000 a year from his teaching salary in those days. But he traded a small house for an orchard, had make extra payments. Due to us being born, he didn't take the 5 year teaching, but finished off at 3 years and so was the lowest salary. In fact his first years teaching was in the kootenay area, where we couldn't find a house to rent, so we all lived in a converted chicken coup barn. And it was cold.

Always been at or below the poverty line for our family size, minus the few years he had a produce store when my parents were slowly splitting up, (they're separated but not divorced but broke up years ago), when there was income for a while before he finally went bankrupt, but he put it all into building up the store, we didn't even get the furnace replaced in the farmhouse that he eventually gave away to his friends druggy sons. So, not sure what you're on about.

It doesnt take money to do things, it takes brains. Despite the things we hold as wrong, that occurred with some of dad's decisions, our family always forgives, strives to understand why? why do people behave poorly at times, what needs healing in them? (in his case its more that he and his brother were raised in foster care when his mother became ill, and also...I can see the dino tail in his aura, he is annanuki type, controller type).

We work really hard to ensure everyone goes ahead, thats why most people are here on earth, to help family who are stuck in their ways so they don't keep coming back. So despite we see the light and good and always encourage everyone helping each other. But my father and his brother were very intelligent, and respected by many. Uncle masters degree in physics, he took walls of computers in UBC in the late 50s and turned it into a literal desk sized computer. He was going to get his phd working for a nuclear fusion facility in Australia, at the time it was one of 3 world wide, but bailed. He ended up North, teaching and built his ham radio and didn't just talk to astronauts and China/Russia, but they sought him out.

Its not money that does things, its brains, having the vision and putting the energy/work in. Also in his case, good networking skills. And they were always respected. And my father has some selfish tendencies and we all had to deal with the fallout, but he had tons of energy, intellect and was an idealist despite it all, wanting a world of equality and social justice. Lots of light and goodness in him, just not healed from his own childhood issues. We're pulling him and everyone through no matter what.
edit on 25-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

I think of them as angels, rolling up their sleeves and heading to the trenches to shine light! Free Spirited! Sovereign, Common Law, and Equality. Mother and Father's energies of Equality, Social Justice, and Freedom all rolled up in one, that the world political systems violate and trample and play perverted forms of.

Barefoot and in worn out blue jeans! But poets, artists, philosophers, politically oriented, and grass roots for the people!

Wonderful!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I wouldn't have traded our childhood and all its troubles, and intellectual, backbone building understanding of the corruption of the elite rulers of earth, the hideous solutions implemented nationally when brilliance abounded, article after article of innovators who's ideas that would have solved so many problems, never saw the light of day. In fact articles we were reading and watching on the news, that were aired in the 70's and 80's are being put out current years as if they're new, they're not.

But wouldn't trade any of this, or the problems, and hard struggles we've had, for the big house and big boat. Not one bit!

Emotionally, the family fought, strongly, the most argumentative group from all sides, though they all voted NDP and agreed. It was still the clash of the titans, all mixed up from all cosmic sides in one big family on all trees. My kids are like that too. Sith against Feline, well anyway, I digress...

Controllers don't like hippy's. Hippy's will always thrive and always be the wayshowers.

Clash of the Titans is why so many are here on earth.

Overcoming it, Peace/Love and extended family who come down, never giving up on their families, never giving up on a single one of them, is the way earth is.

Viva La Freedom, Free Spirits, and Hippy's, forever! For they are the wayshowers.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by olaru12

www.youtube.com...

Review this movie and I will be able to tell from your response whether your a hippie I can respect.
edit on 25-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

I don't care whether you respect me or not; I have absolutely no respect for you and your mean spirited demeanor! I'm very comfortable in my counter culture hippy mind set while enjoying all the benefits this fantastic entrepreneurial country has to offer.

And as far as the film you referenced....I've seen it many times in all it's permutations, recent and ancient. I think we both know who needs a nice respite from the world in rehab.

You can also catch me in this movie as well. Egocentric?...you goddamn right!

www.youtube.com...

My Xmas wish for you Mr. AthlonSavage is that somehow, someway you find some Peace, Love and Grace in your life.
Now that I consider it....
I think your hardass, snotty attitude is a defense mechanism, because of some hurt, someone put you thru.
Merry Christmas and PEACE!
edit on 25-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Controllers don't like hippy's. Hippy's will always thrive and always be the wayshowers.

So your life was a golden yardstick for all hippies. You say controllers dont like Hippies but arnt many Hippies natural control freaks, many from 60-70s ended up as Politicians and business persons thriving on materialism. There is a Dark side of Hippies are you ignoring and denying this? How many Charles Mansons types are dressed in suits and ties with legitimate titles?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I think your hardass, snotty attitude is a defense mechanism, because of some hurt, someone put you thru

why do you presume its a someone. Have a Happy Xmas as you are a day behind me.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

No, some of every group have their lemons, but I always consider myself a hippy. And I hope you warm your heart to all people, and open your mind to become a free spirit as well, will send some prayers. We're here to progress, to grow beyond the world of warcraft and notice everyone, walk in another's shoes and gain understanding. There is no one here, perhaps even in the elite satanic families, where if one walked their journey, suffered their trauma's and programming, would not stand at least a 70% chance of being 70% in their shoes. Its not forgiveness or judgements needed, but understanding and compassion and the force of love. I just have been sharing that out of all the walks I could have done, even though there were many problems and this wasn't peachy, I've cried a river in my life, that my childhood gave me the most free and open platform for deprogramming. I wouldn't change it at all. Wouldn't choose any other, and wish everyone had something similar, with their own family's unique imprint.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Of course you dont get it. I can tell. We all didnt have dreadlocks, certainly didnt live in the dirt and we knew we couldnt change the world. But we made a difference.

We marched in the street as our brothers were dying in foreign countries...not for OUR freedoms...but the other country's. Some burned their bras. I burned my draft card.

We read Mother Earth News every month and learned how to recycle and start compost heaps in our backyards. We learned about different kinds of music and art and literature. We tested freedoms, ways of life and foods we never had eaten.

We learned to donate clothing and food to those less needy...for as HIPPIES...we understood that we all...even the "MAN"...were inherently the same. And that was the most important lesson of all.
We are all the same. Different colors, religions, clothing and music styles, languages, political views, careers and lifestyles. Thats what we embraced.

So what I dont get with your post...is how in the world could you "not get it?" Then again...youre on the other side I suppose. I can guess your affiliations, probable drinking-smoking or not, viewing habits, passtimes and a close guess as to maybe your nationality and probable political affiliations just by how you posted here. I dont think truth be known...I'm that far from the reality of that. All because of one thing you said. "I dont get it".

Thats because whether dreadlocks (mine was and is long and straight), living in dirt (back then I lived in a midwestern US prestigious University Row Victorian house), or changing the world (I marched for racial equality and to end the war in Vietnam because someone had to), any of that....was a bad thing.

By your statement, its clear you have no clue what it is and what its all about. Well, we accept you anyway. And you participated in any of the above how again? I dont get it.

Peace (this means I wish you well)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

so now you have fully embraced the Hippie life, where are you going to move to now? Plans for future?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

We marched in the street as our brothers were dying in foreign countries...not for OUR freedoms...but the other country's. Some burned their bras. I burned my draft card.

I don't blame people for burning a draft card. The idea of politicians using conscription to use people as fodder for this game stinks. Hopefully you didn't boo the soldiers on their return.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I live a hidden simple life, raising 2 youngest sons who are clash of titan types, the older ones are much more civilized, and trying to find ways to encourage their healing, help friends out, develop healing modalities and we're going to experiment with creative businesses for everyone, and hold light, envision and see healthy soil, air, environment, food, no contaminants, earth is cleaned up, nature is happy and abundant, dolphins are leaping in a pure and wonderful ocean, everyone is living on their own mini farms and aquaponcis, and earth progressing into high clean tech and equality! And write posts that the PTB can read so I can give them the hero or zero lectures of their lives as that is my job. ie born to do.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Your a very optimistic person your husband and kids are lucky to have someone with such an endless supply of hope and optimism for the future.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No sir, I sure didnt. I shook each and every hand...and I still do if I find someone who served our country. I always did. No matter if I agreed with why they were sent, or chose to serve when I didnt.

You see...as a hippie, I personally learned a lot about tolerance. Acceptance. The right and ability to agreed to dis-agree. That was all part of the peace and love and "we-are-all-together" philosophy.

While some took it out on the soldiers coming home, the rest of us thanked them for allowing a place for us to protest, and stay home. The reality of it all was much deeper than yelling "baby-killers!!" as some did.

For the other half of us tie-dyed and bellbottomed fringe vest wearing peace lovers...it was about being able to choose to fight, choose to stay...or choose to do nothing at all.

As much as we were all very different...it was all down to how much each one of us all....soldiers, politicians, peaceniks and law enforcers...were very much part of the greater "whole".

I never forgot one of the last Beatle tunes "Golden Slumbers-The End" for a great quote I use here on my signature:
"And in the End...the Love you take...is Equal to the love...you MAKE."

In a way...that sums it it up. And everyday...and every soldier I thank...I remember that.

The "hippies" were and are a far greater definition than you portray here.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Born in '64 and have always identified with and tried to live peace, love, unity and respect ... I'll be a hippie forever ... the alternative just doesn't appeal to me - look where it's brought us ...

One Spirit, one love ...

edit on 26/12/2013 by Psyagra because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Get a haircut hippie!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join