It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will always be a hippie.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Trolling hippies?

:-)

Good luck with that

They are generally the liberal progressive types ( term used in US), they are so opinionated and self righteous. Is this Trolling or just speaking the plain truth?

And they think by having dreadlocks and don't take regular baths cause they think that makes them closer to Mother Earth. (o please)

edit on 24-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

What we need are innocents, who preserve love, in their hearts, see through corruption, hug trees and love nature too, feel for one another, and are free spirits, in their hearts and minds, not judging others wearing natural and relaxed clothes, barefoot and cerebral. Putting the power of consciousness and simple acts of kindness, sharing above all things that are not family, not equality, not freedom, not healing. We're in mortal danger, being depopulated by very psychotic elite, we don't have the power physically to overcome this global force. But we have alot more in our consciousness than any of them realize. We can neuter the whole dark side with our intentions and prayers, force of consciousness. At the very least, we can band up in groups, like minded hippy groups, and meditate, develop RV and consciousness psi abilities that will counter everything. Hippy's are grass roots people, not really flower power. But idealists.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Trolling hippies?

:-)

Good luck with that

They are generally the liberal progressive types ( term used in US), they are so opinionated and self righteous. Is this Trolling or just speaking the plain truth?

This shows how it all went wrong. Labels such as "liberal progressive" would have been laughed at then. In 2013, I still laugh.

link   

Unity_99
reply to post by spartacus699

What we need are innocents, who preserve love, in their hearts, see through corruption, hug trees and love nature too, feel for one another, and are free spirits, in their hearts and minds, not judging others wearing natural and relaxed clothes, barefoot and cerebral. Putting the power of consciousness and simple acts of kindness, sharing above all things that are not family, not equality, not freedom, not healing. We're in mortal danger, being depopulated by very psychotic elite, we don't have the power physically to overcome this global force. But we have alot more in our consciousness than any of them realize. We can neuter the whole dark side with our intentions and prayers, force of consciousness. At the very least, we can band up in groups, like minded hippy groups, and meditate, develop RV and consciousness psi abilities that will counter everything. Hippy's are grass roots people, not really flower power. But idealists.

ya I want to be a tree hunger, have you hugged your tree today? And that make you feel special?

link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

opinionated and self righteous? not sure I ever encountered anyone in my life like that. I have encountered real people who speak up on issues, because they count and are fully entitled to do so. I've encountered those too subdued to speak up and expand into the room, who need to be able to free their voices up. But I've never encountered people who shouldn't, and who are ego based if they think they count.

The only ego's I've ever seen are elite ones.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

. Hippy's are grass roots people, not really flower power. But idealists.

Idealists are generally lazy day dreamers. I know that was blunt but at some time a Hippy has to face reality.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You do realise a lot of todays elite politicians, business people were a part of the hippers counter culture. Your statement makes no sense when measured against reality.

I have a sense of satisfaction sorting out all the Hippie Hypocrisy in this thread, nice thread OP.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

You do realise a lot of todays elite politicians, business people were a part of the hippers counter culture. Your statement makes no sense when measured against reality.

I have a sense of satisfaction sorting out all the Hippie Hypocrisy in this thread, nice thread OP.

Along with a bolstering of ego and the bellows used to fan the flame of generalized opinion...I think you'll sleep well tonight

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

im from 1981 and think i was a hippie in my previous life

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

signalfire
reply to post by InTheLight

It's not up to the young people, they have too much to lose and have been horrifically financially damaged by the idiocies of the Bush years and Wall Street, not to give Clinton a pass... and now this Obama horror.

Nope, our generation screwed this up, and it's up to us to get a good deal of the change started before we join the mists of time. The Zeitgeist Movement is pointing the way economically and technologically, and let the ones who 'don't get sustainability' covet their lawyer foyers and their 3500 SF houses... and their enormous property tax bills and worry about all that stuff that Fox Spews tells them to worry about.

It's up to us hippies, we don't have anything to lose, not really, and we KNOW what everyone else just suspects, deep down.

It really is time to bring back the citizen's arrests, and summary justice, and We the People, and the realization that it's a MILLION of us for every ONE of them. The Hague is waiting.

These days it won't be citizen's arrests, but rather beatings by riot police, and/or being dragged off by police during peaceful sit ins. It's up to everybody to stand up, not just select groups of people, by creating petitions and getting those signatures, and swaying those in power using reason and facts.

Once I retire, if I can ever retire, and free up my time and be healthy enough, I hope to be a part of movements - great and small - to effect change because it's in my nature to act and fight against what I feel and what transpires into oppression.

I also don't blame any particular generation for today's societal problems, every generation experienced different problems at the hands of the government of the day. Every generation had their chance to create movements for change.

The problem, in my mind, is that government does not seem to learn from their mistakes, but continually forges ahead using the same political ideologies. That is what must change, and drastically because they just can't it right in most things.
edit on 24-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Like many of you, I lived and loved those years, but I can't overlook the dark side of it all, the arrogant mistakes and misinterpretations of events, the self indulgence masquerading as 'freedom.' We thought the world could be changed with good intentions and good drugs. We were like children given the keys to a sportscar along with a bottle of vodka.

How naive we were in thinking our vote and our voice counted to those in power. Only now are we beginning to realize how much we have been played all along. Who's been playing us and for what purpose....well, that's another question entirely.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

. Hippy's are grass roots people, not really flower power. But idealists.

Idealists are generally lazy day dreamers. I know that was blunt but at some time a Hippy has to face reality.

They are the most wonderful people on earth. AND I DON'T LIKE WORKAHOLICS< MY DAD WAS ONE. EMOTIONALLY ABUSIVE, but only to family. He was great with his friends. He gave away most of our things to his friends. He didn't value family. His own childhood stuff!

We're here to be happy! And creative, not slaves! To develop our talents in a cooperative safe way, not dog eat dog competition slave society with consequences of starvation and death. That is the House of Winsors lovely gift to humanity. The elite like to torture angels.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

They are the most wonderful people on earth. AND I DON'T LIKE WORKAHOLICS< MY DAD WAS ONE. EMOTIONALLY ABUSIVE, but only to family. He was great with his friends. He gave away most of our things to his friends. He didn't value family. His own childhood stuff!

I don't like workaholics either. They are the other extreme of the idealist. Put them both together and it makes a dictator.

We're here to be happy! And creative, not slaves! To develop our talents in a cooperative safe way, not dog eat dog competition slave society with consequences of starvation and death. That is the House of Winsors lovely gift to humanity. The elite like to torture angels.

Where not here to be happy, there is a nefarious force intelligence always setting us up for a punishment. Have your Hippy dreaclocks covered made you blind to this?

Justify your legitimacy Hippy, instead of blaming others.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I have always liked the ideology of being a hippie, not so much all the drugs being as though they ultimately lead to negative consequences, unfortunately I was not alive during that time I think I would have really enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Idealists are generally lazy day dreamers.

People that make sweeping generalizations are usually intellectually lazy.

^Oh bugger I just made one.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I always assume that being a hippy has nothing to do with that flower power bull# and the drugs, and more to do with political activism and fighting for peace.

Boy, that's sure worked out well over the last few decades, huh?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

My mom dated a guy in college who moved to Monterrey/San Francisco area to write like John Steinbeck, and ended up becoming a hippie. After that my dad stole my mom away from that relationship, because when the guy left he asked my dad to look after her. Well, if it weren't for the pre-hippie era, I wouldn't have been born, so I think history was helping me out somehow. Anyway I like the peace movement, the groovy music, and less plastic people from the time. Had there been a better messages than the one's that did nothing, it might have worked out. Jack Kerouac was blamed for the start of the movement, which he ruefully declined. Looking back at the late 60's and 70's, I feel a sense of wonder that I got to experience a part of it, and even though Nixon and Kissinger were on the same planet, there was something going on at that time. I was living in a history that challenged the man, and the man fought back, but never captured a free spirit's heart. Once a hippie, always a hippie.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I bet you're over 30. They told me not to trust you. If ideals are allowed without the excess of lazy or extreme abuse of substances, it would have worked. People were starting to look at the world and want to change it. The people over 30 were doing everything they could to stop it, they were afraid of change, even if it was for the better.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Im still waiting for reply to my previous question posted

why do hippies think they so cool. ? Hippies dreadlocked people who live in the dirt will save the world? Im not getting it.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by julesindesert

The people over 30 were doing everything they could to stop it, they were afraid of change, even if it was for the better.

Yes im over 30, and the saying never trust people over 30 been around since hippies were created.

The real truth is to never trust a Hippie from a wealthy background, or who as entered politics, or corporate business. As I said before wearing jeans or baggy ripped pants, sporting dread locks, living in a commune does not bring a person closer to mother earth. If you believe that then im sure you will have a nice career in politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join