It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will always be a hippie.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

signalfire
It started for me in 1963, the year Kennedy was assassinated, and we were still doing duck and cover under our desks, and then one day during a drill, I looked my teacher square in the eye, and she looked back at me, and I realized that she realized that our particle board and formica desks weren't going to protect us from a nuclear blast, especially since we were a few miles from Kodak's Hawkeye plant, that made bomb sights, and probably had several nice Russian nukes aimed at it, just for it alone, and with extra nice Russian nukes left over for those of us who might survive the first couple of nukes, nukes with our name on them, nukes just for us.

And I realized that the adults were insane, or delusional. Then Vietnam happened, and Johnson that creep with his felon VP Spiro Agnew and his equally felonious but at least smarter successor Richard Nixon, and we all started realizing that capitalism equaled professional war mongering, and somebody you know came back in a body bag, then several somebodies, and the smart ones went to Canada or just fell off the grid and refused to participate...

The more the straights mocked the hippies, the more the hippies realized they were right.

Capitalism and the joke of 'justice for all', worse thing ever to happen to the planet.

How did it happen that a natural plant, whose chemical constituents have natural receptors in every cell in the human body got demonized and made illegal, (because it makes you think truly clearly, perhaps?), but killing en masse is somehow okey-doke, as long as the Pentagon and Dow Chemical and GE do it? Because they're on the stock market Big Board? And make money for people who manage to live comfortably without any semblance of a conscience?

I agree with everything you posted, but the programming of the children continues, war mongering permeates everywhere, and the rich keep getting richer. Where are the young people who hunger for change and have the gumption to do something about it?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm not a hippy from the '70s seeing as i'm only 20-something but

there's something about the kazoo that takes me back to the the days I wasn't born.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wonder what the new generation hippie will be..... Hmm

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Minus the drugs, for me. And will always be a hippy. Our farm, affectionately known as the funny farm, was a hub of freedom and political/philisophical discussions, scientific discussions, skinny dipping, fishing. We had a US draft dodger, and astrologer, living in our cabin. He was the first one officially sanctioned back in the US. The police would come from time to time to get access to him, to be told by my parents, that the US police have no jurisdiction here and no we wouldn't let them on. We had a couple from Switzerland who had heard of us, and came to pick fruit and hang out for a while.

The news wasn't totally biased, instead of giving credibility to the official statement (as current) and ridiculing disenting opinions, the real news questions all official statements, and then finds countering statements from experts, university professors, and leaves one questioning everything. That is what real journalists do! And that era had real journalism, and science digests that discusses alot of these "new" discoveries back in the 70's and 80's. Plus innovative solutions for troubled areas. It was a wonderful era, and I will never consider myself to not be a HIPPY!!!
edit on 23-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It was an amazing and wonderful childhood and would consider it the best of all possible ones possible.
In a little town in the Okanagan Valley, the most wonderful place on earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm also still a hippy. And still live a counter cultural lifestyle. Beware however there are those on ATS that claim to be loving, intolerant and hippies but are in fact right wing reactionary fascist, with no love in their hearts; Only hate and darkness and very Resentful of true freedom or anyone that expresses it.
edit on 23-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Whenever I hear the term "Free Radical" the first thing that pops in my head is Abbie Hoffman.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Far out man! Me too. It's time for Hippie Planet, global peace, love, joy, music and flowers in our hair. It time we all became the groovy people we were meant to be. My love to all you groovy chic's and dude's. PEACE.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Tickets go on sale like in January for BM2014. Go there and meet hippies.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

It's not up to the young people, they have too much to lose and have been horrifically financially damaged by the idiocies of the Bush years and Wall Street, not to give Clinton a pass... and now this Obama horror.

Nope, our generation screwed this up, and it's up to us to get a good deal of the change started before we join the mists of time. The Zeitgeist Movement is pointing the way economically and technologically, and let the ones who 'don't get sustainability' covet their lawyer foyers and their 3500 SF houses... and their enormous property tax bills and worry about all that stuff that Fox Spews tells them to worry about.

It's up to us hippies, we don't have anything to lose, not really, and we KNOW what everyone else just suspects, deep down.

It really is time to bring back the citizen's arrests, and summary justice, and We the People, and the realization that it's a MILLION of us for every ONE of them. The Hague is waiting.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
why do hippies think they so cool. ? Hippies dreadlocked people who live in the dirt will save the world? Im not getting it.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
why do hippies think they so cool. ? Hippies dreadlocked people who live in the dirt will save the world? Im not getting it.

I wouldn't bother trying to get it If I were you, just continue to careen down the road toward the future we are carving out and feel good about it...You'll probably be a higher up type in some NWO scenario, contracted to burn books perhaps

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I wouldn't bother trying to get it If I were you, just continue to careen down the road toward the future we are carving out and feel good about it...You'll probably be a higher up type in some NWO scenario, contracted to burn books perhaps;

you avoided my question which is not surprising, a Hippie always avoids any responsibility.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by minkmouse

I wouldn't bother trying to get it If I were you, just continue to careen down the road toward the future we are carving out and feel good about it...You'll probably be a higher up type in some NWO scenario, contracted to burn books perhaps;

you avoided my question which is not surprising, a Hippie always avoids any responsibility.

Your "question" wasn't a real question. It was a broad brush painted insult and you know it!!

I'm a hippy entrepreneur, film producer, SAG/AFTRA actor and I'll bet you have seen me in either movies or on TV. Ever see "Breaking Bad"?

Next question....

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'm a hippy entrepreneur, film producer, SAG/AFTRA and I'll bet you have seen me in either movies or on TV

A rich hippie, huh not surprising most hippies are embedded somewhere in the money pit as at end of the day they are really very materialistic people (they just wont admit it).

I bet I haven't seen you, I go in for older movies pre CGI much better stories and actors etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by olaru12

I'm a hippy entrepreneur, film producer, SAG/AFTRA and I'll bet you have seen me in either movies or on TV

A rich hippie, huh not surprising most hippies are embedded somewhere in the money pit as at end of the day they are really very materialistic people (they just wont admit it).

I bet I haven't seen you, I go in for older movies pre CGI much better stories and actors etc.

Brothers, Crazy Heart, Thor, Lone Ranger, Force of Execution, Cowboys and Aliens, Fright Night, Lemonade Mouth, and most recently A million ways to die in the West.

www.imdb.com...

Being a hippie doesn't have anything to do with material **** but I do have some nice toys. It's about an attitude, a joie de vivre and most important being happy and not buying into the negative BS.
Just so you know...I went to school and worked my ass off for everything I have.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Being a hippie doesn't have anything to do with material **** but I do have some nice toys. It's about an attitude, a joie de vivre and most important being happy and not buying into the negative BS.
Just so you know...I went to school and worked my ass off for everything I have.

An ego-centrical hippie who actually completed high school (possibly).

You still a hippie doing a little ego moon dance around a camp fire in forrest called your ego.

I did see that Aliens/cowboys movie a friend of mine had it on Dvd. If your drunk the movie will be passable lol

So have you finished your soap box rant?...(hippies are great at this that's why they make natural politicians and actors)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

First, don't intend to judge them so will avoid that video. We lived it, minus the drug scene, for decades, was born in 63. Listened to Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Cat Stevens, and many artists, and it was a golden age of enlightenment, intelligence, rebellion against the corruption running the world. Some hippies became corporate heads, others are going to get prayers and meditations to send the force of love to the Queen of England who orchestrated Fukushima and PTB, and neutralize them and their radiation. They don't get to depopulate the colonies.

And the force of Love is the best thing there is!

So, Im going to keep on living it.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Trolling hippies?

:-)

Good luck with that
edit on 12/23/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: put another way -

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

but the new hippies are replacing the old hippies. We don't need those hard core idealistic weathermen. We just need an event that we can express ourselves at and feel the power of flower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join