Pregnant nurse FIRED for refusing risky flu vaccine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Okay, for all you Vaccinate Everybody lovers:

How's about this:

Next time you're sick and think you need hospitalization, demand as soon as you walk in the door that EVERYONE you come into contact with including random people in the hallway (including people visiting other patients, and those random patients themselves that are wandering the hallways with their IV poles in tow) be vaccinated, wearing sterile clothing, wearing face masks lest they sneeze, cough or puke on you. Hell, just have them all wear personal bubbles like that bubble boy had to his whole life.

Make sure you're given a written guarantee that every one of your caretakers will be gloved and gowned in quarantine scrubs before they walk in your room, and that your room was prepared as well as a surgical suite before your arrival. Make sure your air is filtered with UV lights, at the very least, before you breathe it.

I won't even go into bothering you with all the details of the drugs you may or may not be given, their 'side' effects, and the number of people every one of them kills on a yearly basis, or the possibility that the hospital's insistence that every employee be vaccinated or be fired has made them adopt skeletal staffing, and how tired those remaining might be, what with having to work 5+ twelve hour shifts a week. Or maybe, lucky you, no one will come in your room at all because they're so short-staffed. That'll lower your exposure to germs nicely. Too bad about the medical/surgical complications you might have that no one will notice in time...

NOW do you see?

The flu shot may, MAY, prevent some staff from getting some flu illnesses, which if it's a real flu, will have them unable to show up for work that week anyway. It won't guarantee their personal sterility, or the sterility of their clothing, or the work place, or the other germ factories wandering around the joint.

Yee Gawds, when I used to work in a hospital pathology department, as soon as I arrived home I would strip off all my clothes (which reeked of formaldehyde and were contaminated with the blood of autopsies and surgical trimming rooms), jump into the shower for at least a half hour and even then I wondered what I had inhaled all day long.

The last time I got a flu shot, I was sick for over four months, almost bedridden. Turns out I was ill beforehand with Crohn's disease, a definite contraindication to any vaccinations whatsoever, and didn't know it. I've literally never recovered.

Your rights end far away from MY arm and MY bloodstream. And Hospitals are the dirtiest place, the most dangerous place on the planet. I'd rather be in downtown Beirut.

No, you don't get to tell other people what to do to their own bodies, not never, not no how. Especially not a pregnant woman. And if you still believe the utter baseless propaganda of the same corporations that gave us the joys of Zyklon-B, you need to educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Pardon?What type of registered nurse are you if you're stating opinions on health matters?
Who's opinion are you stating?
Certainly not a medical or scientific one.

Working in a very large hospital, more than a few nurses and even Doctors choose the mask option over the flu shot.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by boncho

I'm an RN and if they "forced" anything more than yearly TB testing - I'd quit my job.

MRSA infects people with lowered immune systems, doesn't infect healthy people routinely -

A lot of opinion says that all of these "vaccinations" reduces one's immune systems.

Also "forcing" nurses to lose sleep by forcing them to work extra hours, and adding stress - lowers immune systems.

A person needs to be healthy in order to take care of sick people.

I agree with you.

Motive for profit must not be at the cost of health of people. This is capitalism gone too far, where money is the only right.

A society without moral values is likely to end up very badly.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Good for her! I'm glad she held her ground, I hear Dr. Oz did the same at one time. There is no safe vaccine, your best bet is to Build Your Immune System Naturally and take Natural Zeolite Powder if you do get a bad virus infection (it's also good against radiation poisoning, which is now in our drinking water!) I won't get one, and tell everyone they should research it before getting, and why I would never get one.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Pardon?

Happy1
reply to post by boncho

I'm an RN and if they "forced" anything more than yearly TB testing - I'd quit my job.

MRSA infects people with lowered immune systems, doesn't infect healthy people routinely -

A lot of opinion says that all of these "vaccinations" reduces one's immune systems.

Also "forcing" nurses to lose sleep by forcing them to work extra hours, and adding stress - lowers immune systems.

A person needs to be healthy in order to take care of sick people.

If I was your employer I'd accept your resignation in a heartbeat.

What type of registered nurse are you if you're stating opinions on health matters?
Who's opinion are you stating?
Certainly not a medical or scientific one.

Your profession is based upon empirical evidence isn't it so I suggest you do a bit of studying to bring yourself up to date on the matter as you seem to be quite a few years behind.

I would expect that any nurse looking after me or any of my family for any reason whatsoever would be fully protected against preventable diseases.
That's the minimum I'd expect.
If you don't think you can manage that I definitely believe you're not the right person for that job.

I think you take the prize for the most ignorant post of the year!!!

The Flu jab is 60% effective against 1 strain of flu. You CANNOT prevent against it 100%. There is every chance that the said nurse looking after you has had the vaccine but still gets the f***ing flu. Wake the Hell up and leave your "Holier than thou attitude" behind!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

jrmcleodThe Flu jab is 60% effective against 1 strain of flu.

Not true. I believe my shot was effective against 3 strains. Still wish I didn't need to take it.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
edit on AMu31u12125247312013-12-24T04:47:24-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

So there's no mediocre solution. Only this extreme version of an emergency room visit or no visit. Ok

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

St0rD
Reading all the posts above made the last minutes
of my existence very desperating.

I am a Nurse and I couldn't bear all the oppression I've had to endure at the hospital in the last few weeks. They almost forced us to take their so-called 'miracle vaccines' every day of the WHOLE month of November.

For those of you who think that being a nurse in this system equals the duty of being vaccinated... I say complete BS.

If people really wanted to have a strong immune system and healty life, they would do it all by themselves. No need of an exterior human entity (Nurses in this instance) to be vaccinated in order to protect their own lifes.

Seriously, the immune body system is built with the idea of resisting to virus like influenza, no need of vaccination for that.

The thing people don't seem to understand is that in order to be healthy you've got to make some actions in regards to it. But people nowadays don't give a #.

They don't eat well, they don't exercise everyday, they don't sleep well, they are stressed, they are unhappy, all they do is consume entertainment etc etc etc, and then, they complain and beg for a vaccine they think will help protect their miserable life.

Let me tell you something. You want to be protected from virus and bacteria? Don't count on vaccinated hospital staff for that, but work towards it in your own life.

BE healthy, and stop seeking it.

If you're a nurse then I'm a naturopath.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

signalfire

How's about this:

Next time you're sick and think you need hospitalization, demand as soon as you walk in the door that EVERYONE you come into contact with including random people in the hallway (including people visiting other patients, and those random patients themselves that are wandering the hallways with their IV poles in tow) be vaccinated, wearing sterile clothing, wearing face masks lest they sneeze, cough or puke on you. Hell, just have them all wear personal bubbles like that bubble boy had to his whole life.

Make sure you're given a written guarantee that every one of your caretakers will be gloved and gowned in quarantine scrubs before they walk in your room, and that your room was prepared as well as a surgical suite before your arrival. Make sure your air is filtered with UV lights, at the very least, before you breathe it.

I won't even go into bothering you with all the details of the drugs you may or may not be given, their 'side' effects, and the number of people every one of them kills on a yearly basis, or the possibility that the hospital's insistence that every employee be vaccinated or be fired has made them adopt skeletal staffing, and how tired those remaining might be, what with having to work 5+ twelve hour shifts a week. Or maybe, lucky you, no one will come in your room at all because they're so short-staffed. That'll lower your exposure to germs nicely. Too bad about the medical/surgical complications you might have that no one will notice in time...

NOW do you see?

The flu shot may, MAY, prevent some staff from getting some flu illnesses, which if it's a real flu, will have them unable to show up for work that week anyway. It won't guarantee their personal sterility, or the sterility of their clothing, or the work place, or the other germ factories wandering around the joint.

Yee Gawds, when I used to work in a hospital pathology department, as soon as I arrived home I would strip off all my clothes (which reeked of formaldehyde and were contaminated with the blood of autopsies and surgical trimming rooms), jump into the shower for at least a half hour and even then I wondered what I had inhaled all day long.

The last time I got a flu shot, I was sick for over four months, almost bedridden. Turns out I was ill beforehand with Crohn's disease, a definite contraindication to any vaccinations whatsoever, and didn't know it. I've literally never recovered.

Your rights end far away from MY arm and MY bloodstream. And Hospitals are the dirtiest place, the most dangerous place on the planet. I'd rather be in downtown Beirut.

No, you don't get to tell other people what to do to their own bodies, not never, not no how. Especially not a pregnant woman. And if you still believe the utter baseless propaganda of the same corporations that gave us the joys of Zyklon-B, you need to educate yourself.

You really don't get it do you?
All or nothing eh?

And you're very mistaken about Crohn's and vaccinations.
www.bidmc.org... seasereceiveimmunizations.aspx
edit on 24/12/13 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Not true. I believe my shot was effective against 3 strains. Still wish I didn't need to take it.

Your statement, I'm afraid is NOT true. Educate yourself PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While it is not as effective as many other popular vaccines (on average, the flu vaccine is 56% effective in preventing flu), it is not ineffective. The flu viruses in circulation change from year to year. The decision as to which variants to include in the vaccine each year must be made well in advance of the flu season. At any point thereafter, a new variant may emerge or an old one re-emerge, as happened this year with the Type B flu virus.

The vaccine’s effectiveness varies by population, too. This year’s vaccine has been only 9% effective in protecting the elderly, for instance. Still, Dr. Thomas Talbot said, “even though elderly people who are immunized may get sick, they may not get as sick. They may still go to the doctor, but not to the hospital.”

“Certain populations don’t respond as well to the vaccine — the very young and very old, people who are immunosuppressed and women who are pregnant,” he added. “People who respond best to the vaccine should be immunized so they don’t spread it to others.” Over all, this year’s vaccine proved 62 percent effective in preventing illness that warranted a doctor’s attention.

Immunization is one good way to reduce the nations sky-rocketting healthcare costs

You are all needing your heads examined if you honestly believe that vaccinations are there to "help you". They are there to generate INCOME for the already rich in society!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

jrmcleodYour statement, I'm afraid is NOT true. Educate yourself PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. How about YOU educate yourself so you don't look like a complete fool when after being corrected you continue posting in ignorance.

OccamsRazor04

My shot was effective against THREE strains, just like I said.
I believe these are the three strains.
•an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
•an A(H3N2) virus antigenically like the cell-propagated prototype virus A/Victoria/361/2011;
•a B/Massachusetts/2/2012-like (B/Yamagata lineage) virus.

www.cdc.gov...
www.koin.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Critical thinking on the topic of vaccines? This shouldn't be allowed, please someone get the paid posters like Pardon to step up their game and drown out this critical thinking with corporate propaganda.

signalfire

How's about this:

NOW do you see?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

jrmcleod
You are all needing your heads examined if you honestly believe that vaccinations are there to "help you". They are there to generate INCOME for the already rich in society!

Only paid posters and the naive will say that vaccines are good for health

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

No, just one strain I'm afraid, and even that doesn't work for many who receive the jab.
edit on 24-12-2013 by hiddencode because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The only safe vaccine is the one which is never used

homeopath
Good for her! I'm glad she held her ground, I hear Dr. Oz did the same at one time. There is no safe vaccine, your best bet is to Build Your Immune System Naturally and take Natural Zeolite Powder if you do get a bad virus infection (it's also good against radiation poisoning, which is now in our drinking water!) I won't get one, and tell everyone they should research it before getting, and why I would never get one.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

hiddencode

OccamsRazor04

No, just one strain I'm afraid, and even that doesn't work for many who receive the jab.
edit on 24-12-2013 by hiddencode because: (no reason given)

Seriously, what I want to say to you would break T&C and would be removed by Mods. I GOT A SHOT PROTECTING AGAINST THREE STRAINS. I POSTED A LINK PROVING IT. I POSTED THE THREE STRAINS.

Stop being so freaking ignorant. Seriously. You have to be some kind of special.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The doctors clearly know that flu shots can cause miscarriage

diggindirt
I don't have the time right now to read the entire thread. However, my stepdaughter (who is a nurse) got a required flu vaccine two years ago. She was pregnant when it was administered. Six hours later she miscarried. One of the first questions her doc asked was, "Did you just get a flu shot?" Only after that did she read the materials handed to her with the shot which recommended that pregnant women NOT take the vaccine because the effects on the fetus had not been studied.
Did the vaccine cause the miscarriage? There is no way to prove that it did but her doctor certainly believes it did and made an official report. However---due to the pharmaceutical company's agreement with the US government, they cannot be held responsible for their product's effects on subjects.
Issues of medical responsibility/irresponsibility are the very reason I left the medical profession, when I realized that a goodly number of the pills being pushed were doing far more harm than good. The attitude that was expressed thusly: Here, take this pill for what ails you. Now, you might have some side effects from this pill that are worse than your original symptoms but we have more pills for those side effects.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The fact you are becoming angry and emotional shows that you're having to ask yourself some serious questions about your belief system; as the saying goes "No Pain, No Gain"

Granted you did get a shot against 3 strains, I apologize for that, but you are still a victim of propaganda and big business. The internationally renowned Cochrane Collaboration looked through the studies which Big Pharma use to justify their push for flu vaccination, they found that the Big Pharma studies are of poor quality and full of manipulated conclusions; the flu vaccine is no more than a sugar pill placebo.

OccamsRazor04
Seriously, what I want to say to you would break T&C and would be removed by Mods. I GOT A SHOT PROTECTING AGAINST THREE STRAINS. I POSTED A LINK PROVING IT. I POSTED THE THREE STRAINS.

Stop being so freaking ignorant. Seriously. You have to be some kind of special.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hiddencode

Stop before you post more foolish words. I think the flu shot is a waste and completely unnecessary for anyone without a compromised immune system. I stated I wish I did not need to take it.

My anger has nothing to do with the flu shot, it is the sheer disgusting ignorance you and jrmcleod displayed.

Willful ignorance and refusing to even look before responding and then posting erroneous information simply because you 'want' it to be true. That was what drew my ire.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join