It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ's Foreskin. The Circumcision of Jesus. Where'd it go? Potential for Christ CLONES?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I am turned off totally to the idea of folks being so overzealous in their faith they would hang on to a foreskin..for whatever reason. Other poster was more than likely correct in that Jesus was supposedly Jewish and their faith say's it would have been buried. These days it's a BIO HAZARD and would be incinerated. Your right in your assumption of what the real overzealous would do with it. Jesus meat, that made me laugh a little. But in a real world way....your right.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Now assuming Jesus was Jesus as in a real person born by God through a virgin human woman and that his foreskin was found.

So they decide its a good idea to clone Jesus, then what? As pointed out by another member cloning Jesus (assuming God lets this happen in the first place) gives pretty much the end all say all in regards to creationism vs. evolution I would think that most people in the world would change their tune pretty quick and church would be booming again versus eating Christ burgers as soon as the little guy jumped out of his test tube, besides that which preist or whatever would want to be the guy to cut the foreskin off of Jesus in this century and if they did would they bury it in proper Jewish fashion?

This is what a cloned Jesus would more then likely be like if you want my opinion while we are speculating

Warning adult language used

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Personally, to me, it wouldn't matter a bit.
I don't care how God any god might be or claim to be, or even have credentials to prove it.
If any god showed up on my door, I'd kick them in the fork.

Well, maybe not Thor, because, well, if you've seen the movies, ermagerd, Thor.

All in all, however, for serious, f'real, for the money and all that, I got no time for no gods, even if they did exist. I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I was generally speaking to those billions today that are still involved in holy war and self prescribed whatevers that are not practicing. Then again a Jesus 2.0 Beta would also make a good forerunner of the anti christ for this same lot as well. Although Jesus meat for profit isn't a farcry from all the other regular everyday insanity done among certain religious groups scaping history to today.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think his foreskin rose to heaven during the ascension. I don't know if there were reports of it floating in the air to the sun in the Bible, but one might suppose that it did.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did anyone actually watch the NatGeo program last night? I forgot about it and thought this thread was 404'd. Anyways there should be a re run at some point I will make a point to watch it and get back and give some commentary on it.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

I'm fairly certain the article of skin in question has been argued in theological Circles, quite seriously, to have ascended physically to Heaven at the time of ascension.

This argument, however, would illegitimatize the blood stains supposedly found on the Shroud of Turin, or anything else claiming to have blood stains or any other leavings in consideration that blood would also be part of the body, just as the this piece of skin is, and would then also be expected to ascend.

Any argument requiring ascension of parts of things that use to be parts of the Christ Character could even border on making argument that any and every result of any and every toilet action also ascended by merit of once being inside of and thus part of the Christ character.

Arguments discussing ascension of cast off leavings, parts, remains, and excretions could quite readily devolve into getting quite silly although the questions and arguments behind them could be quite serious.

I didn't see the program, but, I'll likely download it in the next few days and give it a spin.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by Aphorism

I'm fairly certain the article of skin in question has been argued in theological Circles, quite seriously, to have ascended physically to Heaven at the time of ascension.

This argument, however, would illegitimatize the blood stains supposedly found on the Shroud of Turin, or anything else claiming to have blood stains or any other leavings in consideration that blood would also be part of the body, just as the this piece of skin is, and would then also be expected to ascend.

Any argument requiring ascension of parts of things that use to be parts of the Christ Character could even border on making argument that any and every result of any and every toilet action also ascended by merit of once being inside of and thus part of the Christ character.

Arguments discussing ascension of cast off leavings, parts, remains, and excretions could quite readily devolve into getting quite silly although the questions and arguments behind them could be quite serious.

This was argued and concluded by Leo Allatius I provided a link to that documentation on the first page, He states that Jesus's tipper became the rings of Saturn. And I am not making this up check it out!

Outside scholarly circles Allatius is perhaps best known today for his De Praeputio Domini Nostri Jesu Christi Diatriba (A Discussion of the Foreskin of Our Lord Jesus Christ), a minor essay mentioned in Fabricius's Bibliotheca Graeca (xiv. 17) as an unpublished work.[13] According to an unconfirmed nineteenth-century source,[14][15] its thesis - which to many modern readers appears unintentionally humorous - is that the rings observed around the planet Saturn are the prepuce of Jesus.

Link provided on Page 1

De Praeputio Domini Nostri Jesu Christi Diatriba,klónos? Should have been the title of this thread

edit on 24-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've got my beliefs, which I tend to keep to myself

I respect the beliefs of others, atheists, warlocks and yes, even the ones that knock on my door...

However, I am having difficulty maintaining any sense of decorum over this post

Statements such as "... Hanging on to someone's foreskin", combined with the rest of the absurd speculation is stretching things somewhat and the apparent loss of the icon itself is a "drawback"

Religious relics tend to be a focal point for those that have a need

I think I will stick with my traditional beliefs thank you, especially as it's that time of the year!

Anyway folks, Merry CHRISTmas one and all and thanks for providing some Xmas mirth!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Im not sure what you are trying to say but i suggest it is undeniable that at the least 15-23 churches claimed to have penis skin from Jesus laying around there church, that is undeniable but quite strange. I may be reading your post wrong and all but it confused me. The foreskin was/is a relic if real it would provide damning evidence or pure proof of a creator while also giving the ability to clone Jesus, if true that is pretty mind blowing. I still think the church tried to bury the penis skin deal to save themselves embarresment especially with todays society can you imagine the hype they are cloning Jesus and end up with the foreskin of a donkey or a raccoon or something weird? Either way friend merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

There are rumors that the foreskin can control the weather

The foreskin was then looted during the Sack of Rome in 1527. The German soldier who stole it was captured in the village of Calcata, 47 km north of Rome, later the same year. Thrown into prison, he hid the jeweled reliquary in his cell, where it remained until its rediscovery in 1557. Many miracles (freak storms and perfumed fog overwhelming the village) are claimed to have followed.[5] Housed in Calcata, it was venerated from that time onwards, with the Church approving the authenticity by offering a ten-year indulgence to pilgrims.[3] Pilgrims, nuns and monks flocked to the church. "Calcata was a must-see destination on the pilgrimage map." The foreskin was reported stolen by a local priest in 1983.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now what would happen if they fall into the hands of psychopaths like the TPTB or the North Koreans?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

starwarsisreal

There are rumors that the foreskin can control the weather

The foreskin was then looted during the Sack of Rome in 1527. The German soldier who stole it was captured in the village of Calcata, 47 km north of Rome, later the same year. Thrown into prison, he hid the jeweled reliquary in his cell, where it remained until its rediscovery in 1557. Many miracles (freak storms and perfumed fog overwhelming the village) are claimed to have followed.[5] Housed in Calcata, it was venerated from that time onwards, with the Church approving the authenticity by offering a ten-year indulgence to pilgrims.[3] Pilgrims, nuns and monks flocked to the church. "Calcata was a must-see destination on the pilgrimage map." The foreskin was reported stolen by a local priest in 1983.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now what would happen if they fall into the hands of psychopaths like the TPTB or the North Koreans?

they wouldnt be developing nukes they would be making jesus burgers or the Mecha Jesus Death Christ version 4.0 2000 BC Beta
edit on 25-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Obviously Pathos failed...

I was attempting, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, to show the absurdity in some of the claims to the existence of the foreskin of Christ and the underlying humour inadvertently created.

I NCND the existence of such a relic or of Christ past or present, and I am sure that the creator himself or herself, has a sense of humour, otherwise who was responsible for the existence of the platypus or the camel?

Christianity is strong enough to absorb humour, it has to be when you see the ridiculous clothing that it's high priests insist upon wearing. I doubt that God is too concerned at what is worn in his/her name any more than having a mere passing interest in politics or who is who on reality tv!

I will retain an open mind as per the average ATS poster and accept that IF Christs' foreskin does indeed exist then TPTB are already in the process of cloning him having already abstracted any DNA.
Given the cloning that has already been seen across the world it would be a denial of possibility to believe otherwise.

Trouble is, if TPTB can clone Christ, who or what else are they already cloning...?

Cue X Files theme....Do Do, Do Do, Do Do, Do Do!

Merry Christmas, Gawd Bless Us, Everyone!
Bah Humbug!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I think I addressed this question in my previous post.

Empirical evidence, or no, this article is an article attached to an institution of Faith.

For people like me, and others who require such stringent standards, especially so where we're not adherents to this mythology, it's really only a bit of curiosity.

People of faith, however?
We've a whole new different level of interesting.
How many people will line up for how long and pay how much just to see and pray in front of a piece of toast that might possibly have something vaguely resembling the Mother Mary burnt on it?

Now imagine something just reported to be an actual relic of skin from the Christ character itself.

Extend that into cloning.

To be extremely ghoulish, as was mentioned previously by another member, extend that cloning into simple protein growth cultures to sell as Jesus Meat which people could then claim (to whatever legitimacy) the wafers they partake of in communion actually ARE from the body of Christ.

Faith has caused wars, atrocities, witch hunts, and all sorts of nutter behavior.

I'm fairly certain if anyone were to get sample enough to grow an actual clone, or Jesus Meat cultures, it'd make for big money somewhere regardless of whether Jesus actually existed or not.
So long as there's people of faith that have faith that the thing is real, then, to them, that's all that matters.

Should we now worship mickey mouse because his face appears on toast, not being snarky or anything, but when I read your post about people of faith worshipping a piece of toast, I remembered the news article you were referring to about the whole toast issue, and that was my response to the guy who paid $10,000 for that piece of toast on eBay
edit on 25-12-2013 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Yes, when it comes to Faith and objects associated with a strong faith, especially a religious faith in something, people will get up to some highly irrational behavior.

Let's divorce ourselves from the Christian Mythology for just a bit and look at the Greek and Roman Pantheon.

We've many an artifact discussed in the mythologies, certainly any of which may have been sought after, or even claimed in actuality to exist.
The Golden Fleece.
the ... well here's a whole List of Mythological Objects not just restricted to Greek Mythology.

There's Armor, Swords, Shields, Jewelry, Clothing and even vehicles.

Some of these listed could in fact exist or have existed somewhere and may even still be around, but, in reality are unremarkable and mundane other than their association with the Historicity of myth and legend.
We've no real actual magical objects floating around.

Back to the Christian Mythology, there are other Relics attributed to the Christ Character. There's even, supposedly;

A section of the Holy Umbilical Cord believed to remain from the birth of Christ, is currently in the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran.

As mentioned previously, if arguments of corporeal ascension are to be taken literally and seriously, then, none of the relics supposedly associated with the Christ Character have any legitimacy to a real corporeal figure.
The Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo, to say the least, would not exist, because all such remnants would have got magic zap ascended (in argued theological theory).
If one were to practice some Roman Indecency of observation, such an ascension would then by extension, also probably extend to every act of toilet ever exercised by the Holy Bowels.

Sure, there's plenty room for sensationally crude humor when discussing all of this, but, there's some folk, like with the toast, that take all of this quite very seriously.

Faith knows no bounds of restraint.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Was Jesus circumcised?

Maybe archeologists can dig up scrolls of Mary Magdalene's diary to find out.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Humorous topic, but I feel the need to mention something:

Even if they recovered any of Jesus' DNA and could clone Him, the offspring wouldn't be divine.

Jesus Christ was the son of Joseph and Mary, at least in his physical body. Matthew and Luke both trace Jesus' genealogy back to show that he was the son of David, which is necessary if He is the Messiah. (In fact, Joseph is traced back to both Solomon and Nathan-two different sons of David, which means that Joseph was the product of very distant cousins, but that's an aside). But the Scripture says Mary was a virgin (also necessary, if you interpret the prophecy in Isaiah to mean "virgin" and not "young girl." )

So how can someone be the seed of Joseph and yet not descended from Adam (being so would make Him a sinner,) and also born of a virgin? God must have taken some of Joseph's seed and beamed it over to Mary's womb, circumventing sex-apparently, sex is how Original Sin is passed on.

Therefore, any clone of Christ would be just a person. He wouldn't have the soul of Logos, which took possession of the fertilized egg of Joseph & Mary at the moment of conception.
edit on 25-12-2013 by Snsoc because: clarity

edit on 25-12-2013 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Certainly. Yet, someone will pay $10,000 for some toast on ebay because it might possibly maybe could be if one squints perceived to resemble at least a little bit, a potential shape that might look like Mary.

Now take that same kind of fetishism, and make Jesus Clones.
Jesus clones could be Male, or, even Female.

Consider parts of the world where prostitution is legal, and then, consider someone slimey enough to make a Female Jesus Clone, raise it in isolation specifically for the purpose of eventually pimping it out to the Prostitution circuit.
Consider the same with a Male Jesus clone pimped out to high-end Homosexual Prostitution.

We're all quite familiar with the degeneracy of Catholic Priests in what sorts of things they get up to with altar boys. What if they had access to Jesus Clones?
It could be argued the Jesus Clones are "property" of the Church, and can thus be dispensed with and used by the Church in whatever way or means, even up to including Live Crucifixions the like of which some people volunteer for and carry out even now.
Filipinos reenact Crucifixion with real Nails!

Consider, as stated before, the types of people that would just clone the Jesus Protein and make cloned Jesus Meat. Communion and the "body" of Christ could take on a whole new meaning for some cult.

An enterprising Fast Food Chain could have Jesus Burgers.

The depravity and Fetish attachment to just the idea of a genetic attachment to the Christ Character could and would result in far more disgusting acts than these.

Clone an Army of Jesus babies. Who's going to shoot at them?

edit on 12/25/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

have you even considered that the infant Jesus was not in need of a circumcision ritual ?

Brit Milah - The Covenant of Circumcision (Bris) - Judaism - About.com
judaism.about.com/od/lifeevents/a/britmilah.htm

Brit milah, which means "covenant of circumcision," is a Jewish ritual performed
on a baby boy eight days after he is born. It involves the removal of the foreskin ...

it sounds reasonable that the child that Mary delivered, most likely procreated via ~artificial insemination~

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_insemination

Artificial insemination (AI) is the deliberate introduction of semen into a female's
vagina or oviduct for the purpose of achieving a pregnancy through fertilisation ...

was Jesus born without a foreskin already.
Remember that in that day & age that petri-dish fertilization and sperm stored in nitrogen freezers were beyond comprehension...
i refresh your memories ... the Jesus person was scripturaly called "the son of David" for a reason.

i propose the long ago King David was indeed the biological Father of infant Jesus...
and the Angels either stowed away or went back in time to procure David's 'seed' so as to Father Jesus who was to become the 'Anointed One' having direct lineage from the Kingly line of David

It is not hard to resolve the issue of a 8 day old infant being spared the Bris Ordeal...
maybe, because of some degree of genetic manipulation that caused the male child to be born without a foreskin in need of being snipped off...

another point is the realistic nature of obtaining any DNA (whether regular-human or Deity DNA)
Jesus was born 'flesh' meaning natural human and became the 'first born among men' only at the Resurrection Event..when the actual Divinity was bestowed on the natural human Jesus who voluntarily suffered and died in playing the life-long-role as the prophesied "Messiah" in the Nazarine cult

infant Jesus and the adult Jesus had a male penis which never had an extended foreskin that needed to be removed,,, is this condition rare or common.... i would say rare but not exceptionally rare...there are numerous men that look circumcised...because size-does-matter, which is another question people often ask

edit on th31138799572625222013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join