It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Panel Member Recommends Increased Data Collection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.nationaljournal.com...

Michael Morell, the former acting director of the CIA and a member of President Obama's task force on surveillance, said in an interview on Sunday that a controversial telephone data-collection program conducted by the National Security Agency should be expanded to include emails. He also said the program, far from being unnecessary, could prevent the next 9/11.

Oh I could punch this man in his face! Prevent the next 9/11? The Bush admin knew full well an attack was underway and did nothing to stop it.

So there you have it folks. You must continue to give up your rights to fight terrorism and prevent another 9/11 from happening!

"If The NSA Had Had This Meta Data In 2001 That Attack (WTC) Probably Would Not Have Happened!"

But wait, this CNN report just came out, so...

"Big Data Mining Program Did NOT In FACT Stop ANY Terrorist Attacks The Report Makes That Clear"

edit on 22-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

should be expanded to include emails.

Backgroud: Michael Morell

Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency In office May 6, 2010 – August 9, 2013

-
Opinion: Maybe they kept it a "secret" ... from him?

( I have a VERY difficult time believing they haven't already been doing it ... and for a VERY long time ).

AND

MY Opinion(s) on Recommendation #29: www.abovetopsecret.com...
-
edit on 22-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: "PINCH-ME!" ( and hard ) ... I MAY be in "DREAMLAND" !!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

And in other news, foxes recommend that they should be put in charge of guarding hen houses.
It's stories like this that make me want to slam my head into a wall until the hurting stops.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We all know that 9/11 could have been prevented since we know who these guys were, they were on watch lists we had FBI and other agency reports on them..warnings from other countries. More Data collected by the NSA wouldn't have helped one bit. We didn't act on it. We don't need NSA mass collection of data. It doesn't help prevent terrorist attacks.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Should be expanded to include Email...

I'm thinking that means: They already do it, know people suspect they do it (did he bother to see that stuff being leaked recently?) and they figure saying this is a good idea. So, when everyone yells, they seem to back down and "not do it afterall", we'll all forget we JUST READ about how they DO THIS ...already.

I think they take courses on how to play head games so much now, they twist themselves up in mental pretzels.

It's brilliant in a 'they basically just screw with your head' kinda of way.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

CNN is also already in propaganda crank-up mode. As seen in the 1st 30 seconds of the video.
    "I think the American people, honestly, want security over freedom."
    - Jake Tapper

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I am honestly speechless.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Want security over freedom??? I'm sure you want my foot up your a** over leaving you alone...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Swills

So there you have it folks. You must continue to give up your rights to fight terrorism and prevent another 9/11 from happening!

This is not about terrorism - I can't believe they are even saying that still! The N.S.A. surveillance is being actively used to violate the Fourth Amendment in order to prosecute petty criminals as we speak, right here, today.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Swills

CNN is also already in propaganda crank-up mode. As seen in the 1st 30 seconds of the video.
    "I think the American people, honestly, want security over freedom."

Oh... my... God... there is no one out there to stop this. This is being done by a Democrat President and being supported by Republicans. Oh my God.

Pretty soon, if not already, we are going to be seeing nervous newscasters on the air forced to say things they don't even believe in because they don't to be arrested or fired. This is real, guys. Happening right now.
edit on 23amMon, 23 Dec 2013 02:40:31 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Swills

Oh I could punch this man in his face! Prevent the next 9/11? The Bush admin knew full well an attack was underway and did nothing to stop it.

edit on 22-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Because he had the receipt.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well my vote is to disband the NSA.

top topics

join