It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People that suffer from dry mouth???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

I love that one med were a side effect is described as "a sudden fatal event" ! and what condition is so bad that it is worth it to take a medicine that has "CANCER" as a side effect!

I have dry mouth and that stuff does help, as others said, some medications can cause it and you can get more caveties because of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I drink about 2 gallons of water per day and I still get dry mouth at around 4:21 every day.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

LeatherNLace
I drink about 2 gallons of water per day and I still get dry mouth at around 4:21 every day.

(For a wink, check out my avatar for about 15 seconds. No, I didn't make it move, an admin here did)
edit on 24-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

a sudden fatal event

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it as sudden death, does it? That's some mighty fine propaganda work there that I hadn't noticed.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

TheSpanishArcher
reply to post by research100

a sudden fatal event

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it as sudden death, does it? That's some mighty fine propaganda work there that I hadn't noticed.

"We are sorry your husband suffered a sudden fatal event, Mrs. Lincoln."

And thus Mrs. Lincoln, crying a little but not as much as she had in her, answered "Consult your physician to see if firing a derringer bullet into your brain is right for you."

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Aleister
OK, it's helped people, and dry mouth isn't always just dehydration. But I still think a very high percentage of it is.

Maybe I misunderstood the rant forum, and since I brought my rant to the boards, and people have proven me wrong at least in some cases, I have been corrected and informed. Thank you for that.

This is the first I've heard of biotene (told you I didn't watch ads).
edit on 22-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

hi aleister nice to meet u

i have to admit i was offended when reading ur initial post as, being someone who suffers dry mouth, i felt as if i was being blamed for causing my own issue when i could do something as simple as hydrate better.

i was wrong, u now have much admiration from me for the way u listened to others' replies and truly seemed to appreciate learning new facts and understaning others' opinions. my hat goes off to u sir

i also agree most ppl r dehydrated and as a result live w dry mouth. however as u now see, some of us arent in that group.

ive never tried any product like biotene to help, other than mints, altoids to be exact. always keep one tucked into the back corner between gums and molars and it seems to help stimulate production of saliva. my issue is no matter how much liquid is in me i just dont produce much saliva at all.

just wanted to give u a big thumbs up for very gentlmanly behavior imo, and let u know i agree with the argument against biotene type products, i typically think most these remedies(for all types of health issues) have someone standing behind them rubbing hands just watchin $$ roll in.

gal

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Thank you for your post, and good to meet you too. Again, my apologies for offending you and others in my initial posts. I was educated in this thread. My initial rant - my first ever here - was written quickly (as rants should be) after watching an ad I thought was for one of those made-up disease drugs that Big Pharma throws out now and then to capture what loose change remains in the pockets of their targets. Not being informed about hydrated people having dry mouth, I thought an easy solution was evident and not being discussed on the television ads - to simply hydrate. I can see how that was offensive, and wished I could have taken back the thread, until the post on cyanide formation which upped the information level.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join