It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda: We're sorry about Yemen hospital attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- It's something you don't often hear from the leaders of a terrorist group known for violence: We're sorry.
But that's just what the head of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula said in a video message Sunday, apologizing for a hospital attack in Sanaa earlier this month that left dozens of people dead.

The attackers were directed not to assault the hospital or mosque in an attack against a Yemeni Ministry of Defense compound on December 5, but one fighter made a mistake and attacked the hospital, leader Qassim Al-Raimi says in the video.

"We confess to this mistake and fault. We offer our apologies and condolences to the families of the victims," Raimi said in the video, which was published by al Qaeda media outlet Al-Malahim. "We did not want your lost ones; we did not target them on purpose. This is not of our religion or our morals."

It's unusual to see "such a direct, fast, public apology" from al Qaeda, CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen said.
"Al Qaeda leaders seem to be waking up to the fact that if they position themselves as the defenders of Muslims, their large-scale killing of Muslim civilians needs to stop," Bergen said.

The hell? Since when do these terrorist apologize? Has this ever happened before?

"We saw what the Yemeni channel broadcast: a gunman entering a hospital . ... We did not order him to do so, and we are not pleased with what he did," Raimi said. "Moreover, it wronged us and pained us, because we do not fight in this manner."

What do they mean they don't fight in that manner? What other manner is there?

Sunday's apology, though rare, isn't the first time al Qaeda or its affiliates have apologized.
In November, Syrian rebels with al Qaeda ties apologized for mistakenly beheading a wounded rebel fighter after assuming he supported Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

In 2009, an al Qaeda spokesman released a video message offering condolences to "unintended Muslim victims" killed in attacks.

And in 2007, Bergen said, former al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden said that Muslim victims killed by al Qaeda in Iraq "are not the intended targets."

Behind the scenes, Bergen said, leaders of the group have expressed concerns about the impact such attacks would have on the group's reputation.

Well, I suppose they have on occasion apologized.

In Sunday's message, Raimi said the group would financially compensate families of victims in the hospital attack.

Dayum, even gonna compensate? Not even the US compensates when their drones murder innocents.

The hell is going on here?
edit on 22-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey amhed, go over there and say sorry to camera man before you cut off head of woman for no scarf on in public, then go blow up kids in church on corner.....just another day in paradise....

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it if the "lone gunman" was in fact a company man.

Who's company?.. Not mine.... Anybody?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow... When did CNN become Al Jazeera? I expect and understand it from one... The whole face of the war in Yemen hasn't changed over night and it's not a new world by any means there. Same war. Same death. Same losses...and we're just bit players on the sidelines for that campaign of the overall war.

Now who the heck did they accidentally kill in that Hospital that has them worried about or already suffering enough blowback for this?? This is the same branch of Al Qaeda that publishes Inspire Magazine. These are anything but nice people by even that region's definition. Something sure got them riled...someone got killed who shouldn't have.

oops?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Aww, what nice guys.

"My bad, sorry! We only meant to kill jews and westeners.."
edit on 12/22/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That's cool we forgive you!!!

Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Wow... ...someone got killed who shouldn't have.
...oops?

My first thought/s as well.
Has a "list" of the victims been released lately?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

reply to post by Sweareingen

We also forgive you for....

USS Cole....

African bombings .....

Marine barracks bombing.....

Don't forget we also forgive you for the attack on the grade school in Russia!

Kill babies that's ok the " useful idiots " will back you.

Again ( pay heed terrorist). If there is. Drone flying over your head, and you know you are a target: hide amoung young children, or wedding parties . Then when you hide like a coward among friends and family. And you are found and they die . Blame the west because you are a coward !

If somebody was hunting my head. I wouldn't hide amount my friends and family . Unless I was trying to use them for propaganda !!!
edit on 22-12-2013 by Sweareingen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your insinuation is that Al Jazeera is a media mouthpiece for Al-Qaeda, it isn't and what is wrong with an American news channel reporting this? Plenty of others are picking up on the story.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Given that the very existence of Al Qaeda can be questioned one wonders if "there" apology has any validity or sentiment.

axisoflogic.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

reply to post by teslahowitzer

You do not really believe that those people are THAT below you and the issues THAT small, do you?

How do you feel about PILES of cut off heads commonly found within miles of the US boarder? A direct result of American policy and addiction toward illegal drugs. It is funny that because of a couple of unverified youtube videos, America gets the impression that Muslims will cut off your head for just looking at them wrong. One head comes off in the ME and 300 million Americans freak the F out. Meanwhile, just a few miles south of their own boarder.... Heads are being stacked up by the dozens; Mexican mostly but there have been American and Canadian heads as well... A nobody barely bats an eye. It is like they are laughing at you and you just don't get it. Get it?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

What is your opinion on drone strikes??

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweareingen

Even though this is only symbolic.....1 million STARS!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

LarryLove
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your insinuation is that Al Jazeera is a media mouthpiece for Al-Qaeda, it isn't and what is wrong with an American news channel reporting this? Plenty of others are picking up on the story.

Well insinuation is a close cousin to assuming and you know what they say about tending to assume.

In fact, Al Jazeera sits in my short list of news sites I check every day. I also check Press.TV and RT. In the regions of the world they focus on and primarily specialize in, they're about the best ....as long as one keeps their particular slant and bias in mind. I also check Stars and Stripes, Voice of America and the major U.S. Networks. The same can be said about them, and for the same reason in slant and bias.

Taken together? Well, balance usually leads to something half way like the truth. That's the theory anyway. I think it even works out once in awhile... lol

I'm not accustomed to CNN being near effusive with positive support for what is, even in this wild war, a VERY active and fighting arm of the Jihadi war effort.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

...Syrian rebels with al Qaeda ties apologized for mistakenly beheading a wounded rebel fighter...

How does one mistakenly behead someone?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

I do not get where you got your viewpoint, but I do not own a newspaper...I am aware of a lot of crap going on near the border and have never down played ANY of it, Good luck on the youtube theory, I work directly with people whom escaped the middle east, I hear firsthand what is going on to this day, and it is much, much more than your description. Just because the corrupt mexican government and military let these things go on, it is not mine or your fault, and we know we do not hear of most of it. This world stinks to high hell, and the leaders are the ones pooping on the people (we used to just get peed on in better days gone by) There is only one fix to this and I am not the bad guy here.....

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Escape the Middle East?
Where I live they are back and forth on a regular basis.

What part of the ME are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

How good is your memory on events in egypt and iraq in, lets say the last few years...and nice try to throw off the actual topic...........anyway, you must admit, the world needs some adjustments, and our glorious leaders are a big bummer....

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

Just because the corrupt mexican government and military let these things go on, it is not mine or your fault, and we know we do not hear of most of it. This world stinks to high hell, and the leaders are the ones pooping on the people (we used to just get peed on in better days gone by) There is only one fix to this and I am not the bad guy here.....

I don't believe the buck stops with a corrupt Mexican government. If it was then why has the US gov not stepped in with sanctions or whatever they do when they don't approve? Any mathematician, or even a gardener with a calculator could tell the US gov that Illegal drugs and the policy used to battle them are causing considerably more damage to American lives.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yup Truth kinda shuts them down doesn't it ???

Simple question, ..... If you knew you had hellfire missles aimed at you would you hang out next to friends and family??

Or if you didn't have a plan. Would you stay away from the ones you loved . So a missle didn't kill them!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join