It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help... Insanity or Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In the past few days I have been reading alot of posts and not commenting. The reason for not posting is because I feel alot of people on this bored are loosing thier reality and are accepting insanity. With all the nuclear talks I feel people are now loosing thier abilityies to think logically because of this new fear instilled in them. We have all heard the world will end some day and WWW3 will be a nuclear one. Is this reality or is this actually insanity driven home into the minds and hearts of all people facing this speculative conflict. We all are humans, we have families,. loved ones, friends and neighbors. Amongst all these people thier is this growing insanity that the United States is no longer safe, If you are an American you are not safe in foreign countries as well of the fact that other countries have bounties on your head as if you were being hunted. I personally feel that if this is the demise we are all facing within the world, why worry about it, live each and every day we have left peacefully, lovingly and take pride in whatever time is actually left. We cannot control others actions but our own, find reality again within yourselves, your families and friends, live life to the fullest and remember, the time we have now should be important and respected so dont loose your sanity over worrying about something we cannot control.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i say do not worry about anything other then your own government, because they are the ones who represent you and will ultimatly caste your fate into the tar pits. some would say something they have already done, i would be hard pressed to disagree. they have done a lot to upset the world stage and now its up to you and me to set things right. the continuing campaing of dissent towards the worlds wishes will not go ignored, and soon enough we will feel the burn.

america =

world =

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You joined a website called "Above Top Secret" with such subforums as "Aliens & UFOS" and "New World Order", and you're suprised some people here are batsh*t insane?

People get an idea in their head, such as the NWO or the 'impending' (
) US Civil War. They now see everything happening in the world in that light, and suddenly 'it all falls together'. Well, look at a scribble long enough and you'll find a face. When you're looking for a conspiracy, you're going to find one. Whether or not it actually exists doesn't matter.

[edit on 11-19-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
You joined a website called "Above Top Secret" with such subforums as "Aliens & UFOS" and "New World Order", and you're suprised some people here are batsh*t insane?

People get an idea in their head, such as the NWO or the 'impending' (
) US Civil War. They now see everything happening in the world in that light, and suddenly 'it all falls together'. Well, look at a scribble long enough and you'll find a face. When you're looking for a conspiracy, you're going to find one. Whether or not it actually exists doesn't matter.

+1

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Amongst all these people thier is this growing insanity that the United States is no longer safe, If you are an American you are not safe in foreign countries as well of the fact that other countries have bounties on your head as if you were being hunted.

Uhmmmm, that is the reality tho. Its not happening in say mexico or belgium, but it is happenign in other countries. And the people that are doing it, unlike the regular people you were talking about, don't have families, loved ones or neighbhors. They leave their homes to fight in far off mountains in a holy war, they aren't concerned about the regular sort of stuff most people are.

We cannot control others actions but our own, find reality again within yourselves, your families and friends, live life to the fullest and remember, the time we have now should be important and respected so dont loose your sanity over worrying about something we cannot control.

Let me ask you, and I am not trying to start an arguement, do you think people in the US were saying the same thing while wwi was raging in europe, or while they were deciding whether or not to but an oil embargo on the japanese in the second world war?

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nygdan
As usual I respect your opinion, I dont know what they were feeling before each of those wars. I do feel things are much diffrent now then they were prior to the current situation in the world. Its as if most people are living in a rem state, I know you read the posts as I do, look at bet555 he is basically two steps from overboard I dont know if its from reading too much into diffrent topics or if now after obtaining all this new information most people are loosing control of thier own mindsets, if you understand what I mean.

Just my thoughts....

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
lol, i almost lost it for a bit this site can drive a person mad! it sure changed my outlook on the world that is for sure, i feel i am 1000 times a better person now then before i started reading about all these different points of views of information. this is a very unique process this board is so many different outlooks, that can and will completely shatter someones arrogent beliefes of the world. its a shame most people are still hopelessly glued to their television sets.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

In the past few days I have been reading alot of posts and not commenting. The reason for not posting is because I feel alot of people on this bored are loosing thier reality and are accepting insanity. With all the nuclear talks I feel people are now loosing thier abilityies to think logically because of this new fear instilled in them. We have all heard the world will end some day and WWW3 will be a nuclear one. Is this reality or is this actually insanity driven home into the minds and hearts of all people facing this speculative conflict. We all are humans, we have families,. loved ones, friends and neighbors. Amongst all these people thier is this growing insanity that the United States is no longer safe, If you are an American you are not safe in foreign countries as well of the fact that other countries have bounties on your head as if you were being hunted. I personally feel that if this is the demise we are all facing within the world, why worry about it, live each and every day we have left peacefully, lovingly and take pride in whatever time is actually left. We cannot control others actions but our own, find reality again within yourselves, your families and friends, live life to the fullest and remember, the time we have now should be important and respected so dont loose your sanity over worrying about something we cannot control.

Just my thoughts.

I have been trying to think of what to write so it comes out right. I agree with you, but I also think it is a little of what Esoterica said as well. My entire life time, hell most of my parents life time as well has been under the threat of WWIII, nuclear war, what have you. I have always felt it would happen someday. Obviously the threat seems more real right now. It is very real, but media, the gov't, and whoever else do not help by sensationalising(sp) things.

I worry about some people on the board here, but I have yet to feel this tension outside in the real world. It is always in the back of one's mind, but I have things to do, and places to go before some nut case with a suit-nuke comes rolling down to my house. Will it happen - Yes. In our lifetimes? I have a strong feeling that it will not, but this is just me. This isn't the Cold War, I know that but it is not like any of this is actually new. Just my opinion, could be just me being naive.

Boba

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
JustMyType it depends on how you approach the subject of a third world war and the "end of the world"

truth is the world doesnt end for another thousand + years, but the "end" of fallen man ruling the earth is coming to an end. biblically the LORD (God who made everything and his Son Jesus) will rule this earth. 90% of scripture is prophetic , 75% of it hasnt happened, but that 75% is the ultimate removal of evil from this earth.

WWIII isnt the end of the world ! even Armegedon isnt the end of the world!!
Who decides when the world ends???? man or God? How come we are all still here anyway?? look at the cold war for example, there was more opportunity for a 1000 yr nuclear winter then there will every be, but it didnt happen.

so America isnt safe, maybe America is the end time Babylon of the bible and will be invaded/wiped out...but every nation will be brought low not just America...have you read the bible and the fate of the heathen nations?? it isnt pretty. the point im trying to make is that it doesnt matter what country your from and what happens to that country....what matters is YOU. where are you with God? Do you know him? Do you want to? Do you know that no matter what you've done he loves you and wants to know you? Do you know that it doesnt matter how "safe" your country is , there is only ONE who is the keeper of your soul? the author of your fate? thats God , he is the one who protects, he allows the sun to shine on the wicked aswell as the righteous.
does it matter how you die?? whether dying during WWIII or peacefully in your sleep during a time when a World War was not even thought possible..you still have to die and meet your maker.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
its good that you keep yourself on the rightous path, however what about your family and friends what to do about them? say you witness them straying down the wrong path, do you disregard their intentions to worry about only your relationship with god or do you put that aside and try to help the scores of lost individuals, im talking hundreds upon hundres of people who are completely wicked and distorted. those people make up a good portion of america imo. they are in fact insane!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I dont know what they were feeling before each of those wars. I do feel things are much diffrent now then they were prior to the current situation in the world.

One would be surprised at just how little things have changed, even over extremely long periods of time. I recall a .sig file froma usenet poster that read something like 'things are falling apart, children don't listen to their parents, the old morals are forgotten' etc etc and its attributed to, of all things, an asyrian tablet or somesuch. I don't know how accurate its supposed to be, but I have noticed that most myths talk about the 'giants' of the old heroic days and what not. Anyway, leading up to both world wars there were people calling for isolationism, neutralism, and even outright pacifism. Both of these forms of involvment would have been dreadful mistakes. Even iun the cold war, people were insisting that, after two such destructive world wars, that everyone just work diplomatically for peace, and with so much at stake, Mutually Assured Destruction no less. But Eisenhower and Kennedy and others made the decisions to resist and oppose the Soviets, even being agressive where necessary. And while that struggle raged in its own secretive way, the old colonial powers started abandoning their imperial holdings, setting up the 'issues' that have lead to this particular current problem, directly one could say. Anyway, regardless of the causes of the problems today and the ethical issues about response, every nation has to defend itself. There's a struggle going on, now just like its gone on throughout history. Its murky, but ultimately its winnable. The capture of terror groups in central asia with weapons grade plutonium demonstrates that, as does the capturing of multiple high level terrorists. I don't think its necessarily true that there is nothing that can be done and all everyone can do is 'watch, wait, worry'.

after obtaining all this new information most people are loosing control of thier own mindsets, if you understand what I mean.

I suspect that the specific insanity that one sees on this board, whether its the rampant conspiracies or 'nuke all dem peeple ova der' types, aren't caused by this site. I suspect that most people that come here have a mindset that they apply to everything here, rather than keep an open mind and consider things here. Hippies are hippies, nazis are nazis no? To but it vulgarly anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Insanity or Reality, what is the difference?

What is normal anyways? I like this board for it's interesting stories and reading peoples opinion.

What is right and wrong? Just another opinion in my world.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype. With all the nuclear talks I feel people are now loosing thier abilityies to think logically because of this new fear instilled in them.

This fear is common for some people who read the site frequently. It also happens with people who read the news obsessively. Most people don't get this fear-cycle, but some do.

We have all heard the world will end some day and WWW3 will be a nuclear one.

We've all heard it; the difference is that most reject it.

The type of fear and paralysis you're describing tends to occur in those who believe in apocalyptic scenarios, including some of the very strong Christians.

Amongst all these people thier is this growing insanity that the United States is no longer safe,

The news itself does a good job of setting off this mindset, yes. If you believe in an "end of the world scenario," then every bit of news will SEEM to match the precise scenario that you fear will happen.

If you are an American you are not safe in foreign countries as well of the fact that other countries have bounties on your head as if you were being hunted.

Most places in the world are still as safe for Americans as they are for the British or the French or anyone else.

A good antidote for this is to go read something like Science magazine online or Discovery or one of the general science and technology sites. Keep up with the new stuff about cars, keep up on sports, keep up on archaeology... or something like that.

The world is full of many wonderful things. Focus on those. It's a good antidote for hysteria.

dh

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The most important thing is that people create their own reality
The more that is peaceful and full of love, pushed back affirmatively through the DNA strands then the more it begins to happen. The important thing is to wake up and smell the searing flesh smells of the New World Order
They hold no future, nothing for you, they are about centralisation and the draining of the human spirit
By whatever means you choose, you've got to change holographic reality from it's false tyrranical theme as has presently got a hold on the world to something quite different where living beings matter and aren't just chattel for culling or disposal

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What's exhausting is "They" keep warning us about what's going to happen to us, next.

What's exhausting is "They" aren't looking for solutions; they're looking for more problems to turn into cash-cows.

So, let's go back fifty years, and I'll tell you what it was like in the fifties when "They" kept warning us all about "the Bomb."

Those were days much like these; and I grew up literally terrified that I would never get to grow up.

I married too soon, had children too soon, and I was terrified that everything was going to come down crashing around my ears, from about 1957 through 1975; and then I threw in the towel.

Look. Nobody is gonna get out of here alive IN ANY CASE, period.

Death is something each one of us has to be able to look in the FACE.

Okay? That dispensed with, let's just carry on and think the thoughts that will facilitate and enable--not the thoughts that mesmerize, immobilize and terrify.

I can't understand why you kids go to scary movies; they make me absolutely sick to my stomach. Why do that?

I'm not going there. "They" fooled me in the fifties; "They're" not going to get my attention anymore than absolutely necessary.

"They" are false; a fraud; a fake; a bunch of tricksters; liars and thieves.

But "They" haven't killed me yet--altho they tried TWICE--and missed.

So, let's just keep our noses to the grindstone; our ears to the ground and our eyes on the ball. And let's try to work in that position.

Yeah.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
I married too soon, had children too soon, and I was terrified that everything was going to come down crashing around my ears, from about 1957 through 1975; and then I threw in the towel.

What do you mean by that?

But "They" haven't killed me yet--altho they tried TWICE--and missed.

HOw's that?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Justmytype, this is NOT insane to foresee a possible WW 3... as the worldwide political scene is going closer to that end day after day since sept 11th 2001. But it might be postponed once again, just as many experts in political strategy foresaw the explosion of a Nuclear War at many times during the the Cold War, but for obvious reasons (none of the two superpowers were willing to take the stupid risk of nuking the other), it did not happened. The Seven Days War in Israel, back in the mid '70s has put the entire planet on the border of what would been the most devastating nuclear conflict imaginable (since US and USSR were both at their paroxism in their nuclear capability... planet Earth would have been turned into planet Mars #2).

Right now, your president Bush is doing everything right to start a major war in the middle east... and possibly with China in the longer run. It is fairly understandable that people here worry for world peace... as the ones who have the military-industrial complex in their hands are far above their grasp, and they've been playing dangerous war games since Vietnam.

As for the End of the World, you don,t even need a divine interevtion or astronomical conjectures for that... Mankind has the potential to provoke it, and as long as they do, we'll always be at risk.

top topics

join