It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official. Apathy has set in.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos

I'm not looking for a pat on the back and a kind word, as I stated, I don't care. I think I just needed to put into words the fact that I've realized it, and have apparently accepted it.

From here on out, I'll just watch the world go 'round and slowly destroy itself while I write fictional stories and try to maintain some semblance of normality in my own home.

You hit the nail on the head.
Normally i dont even bother to reply, but i completely relate to this post. The minority that feel this way astounds me, I wish you the best for you for the rest of your time spent in this closed loop of self destruction.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

hoonsince89

ProfessorChaos

I'm not looking for a pat on the back and a kind word, as I stated, I don't care. I think I just needed to put into words the fact that I've realized it, and have apparently accepted it.

From here on out, I'll just watch the world go 'round and slowly destroy itself while I write fictional stories and try to maintain some semblance of normality in my own home.

Normally i dont even bother to reply, but i completely relate to this post. The minority that feel this way astounds me, I wish you the best for you for the rest of your time spent in this closed loop of self destruction.

I have to agree with you about the small amount of people that feel this way. It's baffling to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

hoonsince89

ProfessorChaos

Or... it could be that a great many people feel this way, and just choose to not announce it, because it wouldn't change anything anyhow.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Good on you!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

>>> I can relate how I felt about Christmas this year. I was pretty apathetic in that I just did not seem to get the Christmas Spirit. Let me characterize that by sharing my usual feelings about Christmas. I've had for years a feeling that God is going to show us a sign and "bring us back" closer to him. The world is certainly falling apart and we're declining morally intellectually and spiritually as a people. So I'd pray for divine revelations, not just for me personally( that would be nice) but for somebody, anybody or mankind in general.
Before that I prayed for more selfish things, although I would temper that by saying I'd at least try to do more good works if given the opportunity to do so.
Now I just said " Thank You for the Blessings you have given me and if you don't answer all my prayers at least help others more in need than I. I'm sure he will.
And that's that. Maybe I'm burnt out and through wishing or maybe I've grown up and accepted that the world is up to us, good or bad and God will not be as active as I'd like him to be.
And I'm okay with that. I'm not going to question God on the matter. But... I've also come to the conclusion that there are those who delude themselves in the other direction and they're also going to come to grips that THEY won't be getting what they want either. I think all this points to one big messy situation where the world is going to be turned upside down and its going to be one heck of a ride.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yep, same here, I just laugh it off now, good defense hehe

"You can educate the ignorant, but you can't fix stupid"

you're almost there m8, marvel and rest

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos
So, as the thread title states, apathy has set in for me.

I was walking through my dining room a little while ago, and I noticed my wife attempting (in vain, as usual) to successfully fill out health insurance information on the state website, which, because the site doesn't work, we, and our 1 year old son, are still technically not covered and you know what? I realized that I simply don't care anymore.

Please, do not mistake this for yet another "I hate Obamacare" thread, because it isn't. This is something else entirely.

This is in no way an "I'm leaving" thread, either. I'll be here, putting my two cents in as usual, but I won't be invested in any of it, as it really doesn't matter anyhow.

I used to read the news every morning before work, and engage in animated discussions with the guy who works with me on the early shift; I no longer do so, because no matter what I read, no matter what scandal arises, or what "new information" comes to light on any topic, I just can't get myself to care.

With the current administration alone, I have witnessed a seemingly insurmountable mountain of scandals that should have destroyed it, and yet nothing came of any of them. Life went on as usual, regardless of what had occurred, or who had died.

A government "shut down" occurred, and guess what happened? Nothing. All went back to normal as soon as both sides said "you know, what? Never mind." No one cared.

Yet, Britney Spears, Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan, or Miley Cyrus (insert starlet here, it really doesn't matter who it is) do something "outrageous" and the herd gets all in a tizzy.

A magazine asks an openly Christian man his feelings about homosexuality, which, in and of itself is ludicrous, since the answer would have been obvious to anyone, and all hell breaks loose on social media.

A man found innocent of murder paints a freaking picture and sells it, and injustice is rampant among us once again according to the rank and file.

I guess I simply no longer understand society; maybe I'm just getting old.

There is simply no place in this world for someone who actually expects consequences and repercussions for actions, or has even the remotest personal adherence to traditional morals and values, and even with that realization, I still don't care.

I have seen many posts on this site in which the poster claims that people are waking up, and the tide is turning, and other such nonsense, and the only thought that comes to mind for me is: Are you effing kidding me?!

So, in a nutshell, I think I'm saying that I have completely given up with regard to people, and the world in general; it's not like anything ever improves; it only seems to worsen.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a rant, but it's as close as I can manage to come to it.

Welcome to the rest of the world!

People usually don't care until something changes which causes them to suddenly panic!
This is true with every aspect of our lives today! Most of us only care when it effects them
and when it does we all suddenly bitch and moan and expect others to sympathize with us!
This is the most common fallacy of our species and has lead us into the mess we are in today!
I wish we didn't let our fear and frustration cause our inaction but this is our legacy and will
be our downfall! May the Lord have mercy on us all!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have come to a similar conclusion. No point wasting time and energy or worst of all feeling depressed about things you can't change.
edit on 26-12-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Given the plethora of garbage emanating across MSM especially the so called reality TV shows run by and featuring poor would desperate for fame.

ATS has some responsibility given some of the unmoderated posts that are allowed to drift with threads containing soap box keyboard warriors seeking to entice reaction as opposed to intelligent debate, you don't need to dig deep to find them. I wonder if this causes a form of numbed apathy amongst the vast majority of ATS members, perhaps that might be my first forum post, if I can be bothered, sorry, bit of apathy crept in there...

2 quotes from google:-

We may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings.
HELEN KELLER, My Religion

The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
George Bernard Shaw, The Devil's Disciple (1897)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join