It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shower Curtain Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was just having a dream where I was in the store picking out a shower curtain - but instead of picking one out based on the color I liked, or the design, or something practical the lady showcasing them (who, by the way, was black and ran a very exquisite store) was showing me ones based on things like "Considerate Shower Curtains" or "Inconsiderate Shower Curtains" "Religions Shower Curtains" or "Non-Religious Shower Curtains" and all of this -

Handing me those cards like the ones you can find in the store that show you the different paint colors, except they were blank, white cards with values written on them in black typing.

I guess this is where I think our country has gone, and it is sick. Or something. I just woke up. But the shower curtain, by the way, was lacking any useful shower curtain traits at all, all of them were!

They were all the same, boring, blank curtains - no character - and no functionality, either - well, they may have had functionality, but it certainly was Spartan. I'm talking about straight-up, cheap white plastic shower curtains. All of them.

And here I was, picking out shower curtains based on characteristics that they adhered to but did not understand, when I really wanted to be picking out shower curtains for things like designs and features I liked - although I didn't know this is the dream - I was really intensely considering the different political opinions of the shower curtain choice.

edit on 22pmSun, 22 Dec 2013 14:14:47 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pmSun, 22 Dec 2013 14:16:07 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
you lost me at "I"

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Interesting dream. I prefer frog shower curtains....

Des

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lets not play dumb here. It is obvious the shower curtains are representative of something. I think it could be to do with what people use as privacy to their real self's i.e. naked self's (shower curtain hiding naked body). And this privacy can be adorned with preoccupations, so to further ward of threats because it shows you're part of a cult, if you will...

This dream is actually quite revealing of human behaviour. It shows people are willing to be part of a society that involves privacy (when it should be about community) and that this privacy can be further bolstered by associating yourself to a collective of others, in order to feel apart of a community within a society that is geared around privacy. This is very interesting because it is counter intuitive.

There are many films that focus on the mood and atmosphere of people showering behind a curtain.

Furthermore it is quite humorous that the shower curtains can be customised because it shows we want to be kept private because of the shower curtain but also remain apart of something. It is like saying, "ok ok I like privacy but just let me be myself if I follow this". Whilst forgetting that you are limiting yourself to a hallmark of something rather than that of unlimited potential.

All in all, privacy makes us seek comforts that resonate for us but it doesn't allow for other opportunities to come to us. Maybe because were scared?

edit on 22-12-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Re-read my entire post because I edited it a lot.

In case you didn't refresh.

edit on 22-12-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Haha
I really like this dream and it's implications, actually. It seems to me it's loaded with subliminals.
Whilst others are like "what you say?"

I say "main screen turn on, it's you."

here's my interpretation ;-)

The set of parameters you were given at the beginning in which to pick out the curtains were representative of choices that are illusions manufactured by society and corps.- which you realized at the end of the dream. We're all woven from the same, blank, white curtain, so to speak, irrelevant to what illusionary label you want to put on each of us. You wanted to make you choices based on creativity, imagination and design, but society, corps. etc. will not give you that option.

This was fun, I had a good time. Tell me another.

edit on 12/22/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My intuits on your dream seem to point to the curtains as people. You were being shown what groups were available for you to choose. The point seems to be that, regardless of choice, you receive the same 'product'. In trying to differentiate yourself from the world around you, in essence attempting to define yourself through a group, or system, you have become bland, and characterless yourself. Perhaps that is your higher self, asking you what kind of emptyness you want to become a part of, since you can't seem to come to terms with who you are on a primal level. At your most base. Am I making sense? Just my thoughts on your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Pretty much what I was saying but elaborated better.

Especially about the character-less bland part

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
With Television, back in the day, corporations came into our living rooms.

This dream is the realization that corporations are embedded so deep in
our subconscious now that they are between our shower and our mirrors.
Deep deep within our self identities, we are self branded, labeled,
packaged, and preprocessed.

Disturbing to realize, but liberating to those few who can sense these
effects within themselves at such a deep level.

Mike Grouchy

I recommend that you order your own custom text shower curtain.
Take control of your own subconscious programming.
edit on 22-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

mikegrouchy
With Television, back in the day, corporations came into our living rooms.

This dream is the realization that corporations are embedded so deep in
our subconscious now that they are between our shower and our mirrors.
Deep deep within our self identities, we are self branded, labeled,
packaged, and preprocessed.

Disturbing to realize, but liberating to those few who can sense these
effects within themselves at such a deep level.

Mike Grouchy

I think that's closer to what I was thinking. Here, I'll give you my interpretation. I had just been very fervently writing in support of freedom of speech for everyone on Beezer's thread last night.

The shower curtains represent all of us in society - it means that we are all only minimally skilled and have little character, at least in my mind (and this is like an all-inclusive society even including me).

When I was shopping, I represented someone who was looking to hire people for my corporation, and I was choosing people based on labels - like tolerant or non-tolerant - but the funny thing was, the people (shower curtains) weren't really any different at all - they were all the same, talent-less, bland shower curtains.

Because the shower curtains had spent so much time harassing each other, that they had forgotten the beauty of being unique.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Lol that was hilarious by the way hahaha

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Chronogoblin
My intuits on your dream seem to point to the curtains as people. You were being shown what groups were available for you to choose. The point seems to be that, regardless of choice, you receive the same 'product'. In trying to differentiate yourself from the world around you, in essence attempting to define yourself through a group, or system, you have become bland, and characterless yourself. Perhaps that is your higher self, asking you what kind of emptyness you want to become a part of, since you can't seem to come to terms with who you are on a primal level. At your most base. Am I making sense? Just my thoughts on your thoughts.

Wow that was pretty intense. I love your interpretation here. Yeah, the curtains were definitely people. Very interesting... I think you're right... my interpretation is an accurate one, but I think your interpretation takes mine to the next level past where I was able to see.
edit on 23amMon, 23 Dec 2013 05:36:09 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

You know, your avatar does a pretty good job expressing the emotion of "Wat" as well as that picture you posted. I can imagine that guy reading this post right before he made that face.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Haha, Yeah that's partly why I chose it. It fits a multitude of topics and replies to other members.

As far as the OP goes, I'm not much of a deep thinker nor very philosophical so I don't have much input on the meaning of the dream. I do however feel their is more to it. I believe the stranger and less sense a dream makes, the more profound the meaning behind it.

I'm 31 and have had a reoccurring dream since as long as I can remember. Three story, empty, white house, the third story is always only one room. I'm always outside looking up and there is a woman in the top room and when she comes to the window I am overcome with more fear than I have ever felt and I wake up scared. Over the years the house and scenery has changed but the same basic structure of the dream is intact.

Good luck though.
edit on 12 23 2013 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

Thanks. That sounds scary! I wonder what made you start dreaming of it... or if it's something from the future.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Good job of dream interpretation guys. I enjoyed the perspectives.

Question: Does the sales woman represent your "higher self" trying to explain meaning, or was she your subconscious mind trying to communicate to your conscious in a way that the waking self would understand? ie. the lower self communicating to the higher self?

top topics

join