It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Helped Kill Colombian Rebel Leaders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is a pretty big conspiracy that has recently been exposed by the Washington post however I have done a search and it does not appear to have been posted for discussion on ATS.

Anyway according to Sky News

A covert CIA programme has helped the Colombian government kill at least two dozen rebel leaders, according to the Washington Post.

The paper claims the National Security Agency (NSA) has also provided it with "substantial eavesdropping help". In addition, the US gave Colombia GPS equipment that can transform regular munitions into "smart bombs" capable of homing in on targets, even in dense jungles.

So yeah As you can probably now appreciate this is quite some story, which I cant really provide any additions to other than further links that i would encourage you all to check out.

The Washington Post who first broke this amazing (yet not very surprising) story provide much more information after speaking with 30 or so officials stating that:

The secret assistance, which also includes substantial eavesdropping help from the National Security Agency, is funded through a multibillion-dollar black budget. It is not a part of the public $9 billion package of mostly U.S. military aid called Plan Colombia, which began in 2000.

The previously undisclosed CIA program was authorized by President George W. Bush in the early 2000s and has continued under President Obama, according to U.S. military, intelligence and diplomatic officials. Most of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity because the program is classified and ongoing.

So this is a bipartisan issue, Bush is as much to plane as good old Barry Obama.

Fox News also quoting the post have discussed the tactics used which the state includes.

Since 2007, the Post reports, the U.S. has used 500-pound smart bombs specially fitted for Colombia aircraft to target FARC and ELN leaders. The bombs use special encryption keys that unscramble communications from GPS satellites to hit their targets, which are controlled by the CIA so the Colombia armed forces do not misuse the weapons to target political opponents.

According to the paper, the campaign has helped reduce the manpower of the FARC to its lowest level in 20 years, due less to the killings of top leaders than desertions and low recruitment caused by the bombing campaign's disruption of operations. FARC declared a unilateral 30-day ceasefire on December 15 and has been undertaking peace negotiations with the Colombian government for over a year in Havana, Cuba.

So far this is the only video i can find on the subject, I am sure more will be released.

edit on 22-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry, but I don't see this as big news.

It's known and it has been well publicized that the U S has backed Colombia since the early 80' s. This not the first or the last time the US will take action there.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's not really a conspiracy, every man and his dog knows about it. The same thing has been going on in Brazil and Mexico for years now and doubtless many other South American countries.

Drugs are big business, remember.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
NEWSFLASH - THE U.S.A GIVES SECRET MILITARY AND SPY AID TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY..

Since the CIA helped Pablo Escobar mount the Medellin cartel in the 80's the company's beeen hand in glove with the Colombians.

Mena airport, Barry Seal and Bungalow Bill Clinton come to mind aswell.

1 - THE CIA SHIPS IN THE DRUGS

2 - CORAL RE, AIG AND THE MEDELLIN CARTEL

It's just the company taking out the heads of the rival businesses, nothing more. Michael Corleone would have approved.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sweareingen

Sorry, but I don't see this as big news.

It's known and it has been well publicized that the U S has backed Colombia since the early 80' s. This not the first or the last time the US will take action there.

Ah, yer beat me to it...America, through the CIA been contoling who controls the farlopa coming out of Colombia and South America for three decades now.
Now they're doing it in Afghanistan with the heroin

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Thank you for the videos of the comedian that does the news.

If he is right the DEA , FBI. and ATF. Are all involved to.

I my self never take anything from a blog or comedian as fact. They are after ratings !

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I can't say I'm shocked in the least that the CIA is involved in the goings on of other countries as stated in the OP.

Hardly a conspiracy in my opinion, as the CIA seems to crop up in practically every dirty deed these days, along with any number of the other alphabet agencies.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
While i would say that yes America's involvement in South America is something of a open secret I am rather taken aback by the reaction of some members.

Yes Delta and the Activity had a role in the killing of Pablo Escobar back in '93 and the role that American and British special forces played in Colombia during the 1980's has also been exposed.

however.

This is 2013 and what we have is a American president and his predecessor who it would seem knowingly provided covert assistance to the Colombian military with intelligence and weapons so they could conduct assassinations using almost the exact same infrastructure they have used to assassinate others in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and so on. There is a massive conspiracy to be found behind those goings on and this news about Colombia is a extension of this very big conspiracy that is the wider program of covert government backed assassination being run by JSOC and the CIA.

I find it strange that members would ignore or dismiss this news just because its been going on for a while or that they already suspected as much. This is quite a big exposure of the secret war that the CIA and JSOC have been conducting in Colombia with presidential approval in partnership with the Colombian Government.

It does astound me that more members do not take a active interest in the work of JSOC and the CIA because if they did then this story would be appreciated a little more.

That said, yes i do understand that we have all known for decades now that the CIA likes to mess about in Colombia.

But that does not take away form the work the Post have put into exposing this covert program.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
While i would say that yes America's involvement in South America is something of a open secret I am rather taken aback by the reaction of some members.

Yes Delta and the Activity had a role in the killing of Pablo Escobar back in '93 and the role that American and British special forces played in Colombia during the 1980's has also been exposed.

however.

This is 2013 and what we have is a American president and his predecessor who it would seem knowingly provided covert assistance to the Colombian military with intelligence and weapons so they could conduct assassinations using almost the exact same infrastructure they have used to assassinate others in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and so on. There is a massive conspiracy to be found behind those goings on and this news about Colombia is a extension of this very big conspiracy that is the wider program of covert government backed assassination being run by JSOC and the CIA.

I find it strange that members would ignore or dismiss this news just because its been going on for a while or that they already suspected as much. This is quite a big exposure of the secret war that the CIA and JSOC have been conducting in Colombia with presidential approval in partnership with the Colombian Government.

It does astound me that more members do not take a active interest in the work of JSOC and the CIA because if they did then this story would be appreciated a little more.

That said, yes i do understand that we have all known for decades now that the CIA likes to mess about in Colombia.

But that does not take away form the work the Post have put into exposing this covert program.

Why would you be taken aback by the fact that so many people are freely acknowledging the corruption of a known corrupt government?

Think back to Fast and Furious, not that long ago, and what substantive action has been taken to address the scandal after that came to light? Zip.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But they haven't exposed it, that's the point. The CIA hasn't been "messing around" as you so delicately put it, they have been running the show from both sides for decades.

The only question I have is; why release this article now?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

TextThis is 2013 and what we have is a American president and his predecessor who it would seem knowingly provided covert assistance to the Colombian military with intelligence and weapons so they could conduct assassinations using almost the exact same infrastructure they have used to assassinate others in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and so on.

It is not covert. This article comes as no big surprise .

The US been messing in banana boat politics since the gunboat days.

Great title for you thread would have begun with " ONCE AGAIN"!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweareingen

So your denying the whole Iran/contra deal then??

Mena airport, Barry Seal, Coral Baca Lehder...all real people..not just invented for ratings, not to mention A.I.G's involment.

edit on PM7Sun20131972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Why would you be taken aback by the fact that so many people are freely acknowledging the corruption of a known corrupt government?

Corruption of government is such a huge topic.

to read news like this and take the attitude of "well the government is corrupt and been doing this for years so duh..." is a demonstration of ignorance in my view and shows a lack of depth in understanding the extent of what you call "government corruption". Its just such a bread term, you could apply it to anything government does.

It could just be me, i have a real interest in the goings on of covert action groups and I appreciate not all members might shear this interest.

But for me this is another chapter in the huge abuse of power that been bestowed upon the CIA and JSOC post 9/11, it is further evidence of how these powers are being used in yet another state that America is not offical at war with. I mean at one point they had members of DEVGRU deployed, they have been using NSA Assets to target these leaders then passing the information off to the Colombian air force who then assassinate these guys with weapons provided from the Americans all with the Presidents knowledge.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

LiveForever8

But they haven't exposed it, that's the point. The CIA hasn't been "messing around" as you so delicately put it, they have been running the show from both sides for decades.

The only question I have is; why release this article now?

Have you read the article.

it essentially gives a brief of American covert action in Colombia pre-9/11.

its quite a interesting read if you have a interest in covert action groups as i said above.

They have exposed it, before this the covert action of the CIA and JSOC supporting these groups, while suspected, was only ever a "conspiracy theory" yet now with the post gaining information from 30+ officials. This confirms the extent of American covert action in Colombia.

for me it made for quite interesting reading,

that is why i posted it and I still think that confirmation that POTUS has been knowingly covertly providing intelligence and weapons to Colombia so they can conduct assassinations is a big deal.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

But for me this is another chapter in the huge abuse of power that been bestowed upon the CIA and JSOC post 9/11, it is further evidence of how these powers are being used in yet another state that America is not offical at war with.

This is not post 9/11 - this is post 1940's.

Even in the 60's it was clear that the monster they had created was now out of hand.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I did indeed read the article. But I must say that if I had seen the article myself on some news outlet I wouldn't have even looked into it, that's how "meh" it is to me. I only clicked on this thread because I give ATS content more of a chance

If it interests you then that's fine, fair enough. But it really isn't significant. It should be, but it isn't.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

If it interests you then that's fine, fair enough. But it really isn't significant. It should be, but it isn't.

Meh, fair enough.

I am sure there is a lot that interests you that I would take a "meh" attitude to.

thanks for posting all the same.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This thread is about a American government actions in Colombia after 9/11, how they have adopted the same techniques they have been using in the Middle East in Colombia.

I know (really believe me i do know) that America has a long history of messing about with South America.

but I think to dismiss this story because of that is bizarre.

This is another part of that history, the history of covert American action in Colombia that has been exposed, that is why i find this interesting.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

I know (really believe me i do know) that America has a long history of messing about with South America.
but I think to dismiss this story because of that is bizarre.

Im not dismissing the story.
But nowadays its finding a country where the CIA doesnt have finger in some pie or other is like playing "wheres Wally"

But this story has it's real beginings in the 80's.

The CIA started the Medellin Cartel.
Clinton allowed the CIA and the cartel to land at mena airport in Arkansas introducing tonnes of coke a week, if not a day - The Iran/contra deal.
Clinton then becomes president after G.H.W Bush..a CIA man, favors for favors??

Then George's boy junior takes out the opposition by selling the Colombinas gps..to all the world it's the war against drug's when really he was just protecting the agencies investment of 20 years.

Then the company was laundering money for the mujahadeen from the sale of Pakistani heroin through its accounts in the B.C.C.I, flooding Europe and the U.S.

edit on PM7Sun20131972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Nope not one ioda of it!!!

I only deny your denial of involvements of US in South America . As to the ridiculous statement you just made!

The US has been and always will be involved in South American politics.

Not saying it is right!! Just saying it is fact, and nothing new!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join