It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A smarty pants scientist makes an easy anaology about our planet - And now I am scared.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Well i don't necessarily think you should not be allowed to kill yourself by taking off your seat belt. But the issue is about more than you killing yourself. When you don't wear it you are less likely to make your kids or other passengers wear them and thus putting them at risk.

You are also more likely to do other stupid things like speed, talk on your cell, text, drink and drive and generally be a road raging psycho lol.

Now on top of all that because you were an idiot and did not wear your seat belt you are seriously injured putting your family in the poor house until you finally die and are buried in paupers field.

Your tombstone read

Here lies Joe schmuck, a rebel who refused to wear his seat belt.

The obit said he left no one because he did not make his wife and two kids wear their belts either they too lost their lives in the crash, way to go Joe..... Lol

That is why you wear your stinkin belt man lol...

Geez I sound like beezzer lol....

The Bot

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
what if we came from mars... and now we want to go back to mars?
think about that for a second..

not saying we did.. but saying what if.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Given how far our radio waves have traveled to date I think there is a bit of room out there still.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerow

Then we'd be screwed because all the women would return to Venus

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
Regarding Heaven and such nonsense, do you who believe that there is a paradise after we die honestly think we will use that any more efficiently than this paradise?.

You'll just go and wreck heaven too, the same way you wrecked this place.

1 thinks after so many experiences, that considered as the HEAVENS or salvation existing Above may be more appreciated and respected upon intra.
Its like a species seeing their world destroyed by themselves being greeted from the SKY in attempt to rescue salvage those able to be. Would those rescued remain ignorant after seeing what they done to their world or would a learning have been achieved and so they would respect appreciate their new home more and teach their offspring how to as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

My only problem with the COR is that it continues to put the 1%s on top (and it was "designed" by the 1%). But the rationals and considerations are never the less valid but my view is that we have gone past any chance that the proposed solutions would resolve the issue, today at best they would delay the inevitable and create a backlash against the implementers in fact that backlash is why only some of the proposed solutions have been slowly and partially implemented (with almost null impact).

This of course will create a situation that only drastic solutions will ever work and those drastic solutions will create by themselves civilizational problems that will endanger human survivability alone as they become highly unpredictable and prone to escape control.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by guidetube

I think David Suzuki just told us......... I do not think there is a damn thing we can do about it except make a move to save humanity by moving to the stars or space. Personally at 48 years old I would not care much for the change. I love nature, animals and the oceans. It has been hard to watch what has been happening. I knew we were on a path to our own demise. I had no idea of Daivd Suzuki's (and apparently other scientists) rather simple math.

This was the single scariest thing I have seen in all my research on what is happening to the oceans. It makes scary sense.

To move into space we would require artificial habitats large enough for humans to not feel claustrophobic. The closest thing we have just now would be an ocean liner. Even if we were to take one of those, shield it from cosmic radiation using a strong magnetic field, we still have the problem of getting it into space, and then of being able to grow enough food to feed everyone. Polytunnels are one method. But there's still the problem of random diseases, viruses, genetic mutations that could occur with the crops. With something the size of a planet, there's enough space to keep crops quarantined as well as support multiple species.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Yes, on a good day my brother and I can rescue around 50 pounds of meat from any random supermarket dumpster and feed ourselves for a month or so.

Some places warn dumpster divers of felony charges for doing it, yet they piss and moan about the cost of disposing of tons of food in a landfill.

We even asked the local food pantry if they would like to have what we couldn't find space to store, and they were glad to take it off our hands and share it with others.

Everything we need is thrown away because of liability concerns by corporations and businesses, sell-by dates and so on don't mean a whole lot to anyone when they have an empty stomach, and with a little care and good food handling practices like washing things off and cooking it well, there really isn't much people get sick from.

There have been several threads over the years covering this here on ATS. It only stands to prove that there are no shortages of anything, any shortage is contrived for the sake of keeping prices high, another issue altogether different, but related.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Part of the solution is to remove the 1% from this Earth.
Kick them off into space and have nothing more to do with them.

Their goals do not align with those of this Earth.

We need to rewrite a lot of laws and change a lot of peoples views and habits.
But it is not outside of our ability to correct it.

I believe a lot of people fail to take nature into account.
Nature will correct a lot of environmental instabilities.

Don't forget for the longest time the planet was inundated with volcanic activity and atmosphere was toxic to breath.
So if we stop our polluting now, nature will accommodate and plants will grow specifically for cleaning what chemicals there are in the atmosphere.
Not to mention we humans are a great filter too... We will breath in this air and partly filter it by absorbing some of those chemicals.

If need be, we can create technologies that can aid in the filtering process.

For the most part, we won't need to because nature will auto correct.

All we need to do is step aside, stop polluting and let nature do its thing.

I'm not saying it won't take a while... But at least it won't get any worse.
edit on 22/12/2013 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

overpopulation is only dangerous as long as we stay on a fossil fuel/nuclear energy paradigm. once we move up to tapping into the quantum vacuum the planet could support many times our present population. The only thing that's bad about it is that we use more and more oil and toxic crap to power our habits and desires. Get off that and we have nothing to worry about. Gaia will be happy.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

What?, you actually think any but the 1% will even be able to leave here when it gets that bad?.

They'll finish wrecking everything and fly away to do it somewhere else, all over again.

It has to be stopped here and now before it's too late.

There is nowhere else to go.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

That's why I said kick.

Stick them in a couple shuttles and launch them into space :p

I didn't mention anything about having them survive out there

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

overpopulation is only dangerous as long as we stay on a fossil fuel/nuclear energy paradigm

That does not compute. Overpopulation is only "maintainable" because of fossil fuel (gas, coal, oil) cheap and energy packed sources, that is what makes construction of nuclear energy economical viable (if we continue to discard the costs of cleaning up the mess, if that is even possible). It was that paradigm that has lead us into the overpopulation crisis, now how do you safely get of the train at the speed we are without killing yourself (nation in perpetual competition) or derailing it (planet) ?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Mine the moon for h3.

Again, totally doable without a population crash... if we would have focused on this goal a generation ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

What in the world happened in September? Most of that list is all from that one month!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So simple to understand but will anyone get it, will anyone even take the time to get it.

Thank goodness for nature, we as a parasitic species will not escape nature.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's interesting everybody predicts a massive cull of the WORLD POPULATION because there is too many people on the planet mismanaging it's resources.
How, is another topic altogether. My personal belief is what is prophesied in Revelation 11:18.....

The nations were angry, but your anger has come. The time has come for the dead to be judged: to reward your servants, the prophets, your holy people, and those who fear your name, no matter if they are important or unimportant, and to destroy those who who destroy the earth.

The earth has the ability to repair itself, and it will after the population purge.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dr. Suzuki is a respected ENTOMOLOGIST. A bug guy.

In Canada he is a highly political figure. His politics greatly influences his science. As a result he is losing his authority. Most claims he makes send people off to verify them before analyzing what he - and his daughter - say. He is an activist.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No worries. A simple global disaster of biblical proportions can get us back to the nearly empty test-tube stage. A couple or three cold summers, a super-volcanoe, serious pandemic, or mass starvation from numerous other possible causes--and viola! Overpopulation cured in less than a decade.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the over population myth. this planet will sustain life forever.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join