It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA 2014 Quietly Passed and waiting for Obama's signature like an early Christmas gift.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Did you notice that while everyone was/is up in arms about A&E that our representatives in the House and Senate quietly passed NDAA 2014?
freedomoutpost.com...

This page has links to the document in PDF and XML formats.
armedservices.house.gov...

Here are a few features of the new NDAA
Indefinite Surveillance
truth-out.org...

Rockefeller attaches cybersecurity bill to National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2014
asheepnomore.net...

People we are being played, we need a COMPLETE turn over of our elected officials.
The PATRIOT ACT also needs to go.
edp.org...
rense.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm afraid this will be an uphill battle. This time of year is historically when the shady and unpopular legislation gets pushed through.

Meanwhile everyone is distracted by a certain 'reality' show's controversy which judging by the number of threads and responses is much more important than the NDAA.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

They are slowly working toward a definitive goal. If Hitler were alive today he would be proud! If he had only moved slower and calculated more he would have his name up there instead of Obama.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wait till dear ruler get the 17th amendment worked over...we be screwed!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Senate Vote 284 - Passes Defense Authorization Bill:

politics.nytimes.com...

www.govtrack.us...

-
I see that MY TEXAS John Cornyn voted FOR it ...

I also believe there is a NEW Republican that will be running against him in the next election.

www.wnd.com...

-
Summary: How did "YOUR Senator" represent ... YOU ???
edit on 22-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FarleyWayne

Both of my state senators voted 'Nay'.
Proud Wyomingite right here...
I'll have to remember to thank Barrasso next time I see him at the gas station.
Yep, it's that small here -

edit on 22-12-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

He's makin his list, he's checkin it twice..

Rockefeller attaches cybersecurity bill to National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2014

I sure am glad corporate interests are running our country! They probably have my/the U.S. best interest in mind, right?...

Oh stop! You're killin' me!

Wait, that's not funny...Obama's presidency runs on irony/lies.
edit on 22-12-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sadly no other president in the history of this nation has become as controversial as the first African American of this nation, he came as the man of change, and changed the face of Americas history for a fact, but when it comes to the promises to the voters in this nation he is also the first president in history that has proved to be 100 percent in the hands of the corporate power that runs the nation.

I can only warn you people, Americas politics will never be the same after he is gone, the door is open and never to be closed again, when it comes to the police state advancement and the dictatorial powers of the corporate dictatorship.

When drones start to fly over our heads in the hundred of thousands with more rights by law that us the citizens many will understand what is to live under a the NWO dictatorship.

Guns are just a pesky allowance under the constitution, but soon to become nothing but that an allowance.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Now I'm a bit confused...
The link to H.R. 3304 is described as:

H.R. 3304: An act to authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to Bennie G. Adkins and Donald P. Sloat of ... ... the United States Army for acts of valor during the Vietnam Conflict and to authorize the award of the Medal of Honor to certain other veterans who were previously recommended for award of the Medal of Honor.

Did they really hide it that deep? Forgive my ignorance on the matter...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Both of mine voted yea also, Farley. The next elections will be quite interesting, methinks. I've already seen a sampling of some of the ads that will be bombarding us. There will be some Republicans mixed in with a boat load of Democrats, trying to pry off the Obama crap shoes super glued to their feet.

Des

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

sageturkey
Now I'm a bit confused...
The link to H.R. 3304 is described as:

H.R. 3304: An act to authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to Bennie G. Adkins and Donald P. Sloat of ... ... the United States Army for acts of valor during the Vietnam Conflict and to authorize the award of the Medal of Honor to certain other veterans who were previously recommended for award of the Medal of Honor.

Did they really hide it that deep? Forgive my ignorance on the matter...

Yes they did.
Now, don't get me wrong there are many things in this that I actually like but, there a few bad things that out weigh the good.

Reading the mainstream (official) press, one would believe that the NDAA is nothing more nefarious than a necessary replenishing of Pentagon funds. Readers of The New American know, however, there is much more than budget issues contained in the legislation.
For two years, the NDAA included provisions that purported to authorize the president of the United States to deploy the U.S. military to apprehend and indefinitely detain any person (including an American citizen) who he believes “represent[s] an enduring security threat to the United States.”

Such an immense grant of power is not only unconscionable, but unconstitutional, as well.
Section 1071 of the version of the 2014 NDAA approved by the House and Senate committees this week expands on the scope of surveillance established by the Patriot Act and the Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF).

www.thenewamerican.com...

The People Against the NDAA (PANDA) organization is promoting passage of anti-NDAA legislation in towns, counties, and states. On a website devoted to chronicling these efforts, PANDA lists 27 cities, 17 counties, and 25 states that have enacted or are considering bills or resolutions refusing to execute any element of the NDAA that violates the constitutionally protected liberties of its citizens.

Link
pandaunite.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
did the house read it? write it? vote on it? allocate funding? Did people townhall any of it? who is writing the law these days?

You seem to have an opinion on this Op, what is your vote?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thanks RedMoon!
PANDA Endorsed? YES. Liberty Preservation Act - HB 0114.
HB 0114

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
anyone have a reliable analysis of Rockefeller's cyber security addendum?!
that's what I'm most concerned with.
he's 75 and he refuses to leave this life without topping off with a nightcap of maximum douchebaggery?!?
WHY THE HELL DO WE TOLERATE THESE LUNATICS?! grrrrrrrr

edit on 22-12-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Nephalim
did the house read it? write it? vote on it? allocate funding? Did people townhall any of it? who is writing the law these days?

You seem to have an opinion on this Op, what is your vote?

They don't write the laws any more, they outsource that project and in many cases they just amend what was passed before.

the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act was fast-tracked through the Senate, with no time for discussion or amendments. And you know, its Christmastime, so they just passed it so that they could recess for the holidays. The new version of the NDAA has already been quietly passed by the House of Representatives.

freedomoutpost.com...

I didn't vote for it and as written, especially with the amendments added to it, I wouldn't vote for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

ltinycdancerg
anyone have a reliable analysis of Rockefeller's cyber security addendum?!
that's what I'm most concerned with.
he's 75 and he refuses to leave this life without topping off with a nightcap of maximum douchebaggery?!?
WHY THE HELL DO WE TOLERATE THESE LUNATICS?! grrrrrrrr

edit on 22-12-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA S.1353

These should help
thomas.loc.gov...:s.1353:
and
thomas.loc.gov...:S.1353:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

That is royalty for the US politics, people like Rockefeller and many others in Washington hold power for decades making them nothing but royalty born into that power, meet the people that runs the nation while screwing the citizenry that they have never brush with, so the screwing can be done without any hint of guiltiness.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It never ends with these people,

The more we stand against something, the more they just keep trying.

For every bill we stand up and say no to they sneak 5 in the back.

Nothing changes until we as one nation vote every career politician out of office no matter their party affiliation.

The same thinking that got us here won't save us from it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Cornyn is another shameful tool of the ongoing destruction of this country. Just about every politician is. Don't play the two party game!

<<   2 >>

join