It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government: We need a No Confidence Vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
What we need is a No Confidence vote for the American people, a special vote to out all of congress and President.

So all the birther lies did not work, so now you just want him thrown out.... and bugger the Constitution, as apparently you want to ignore that!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
While I subscribe to your thought patterns and want the same for the Australian people.

The sad thing is... It wouldn't be very effective.
Yes, it would be effective in the goal of ousting the current Government; IF, it succeeded.

However, if it did succeed, you'd have no Government for how ever long it takes for you to find suitable candidates to replace the ones ousted.

And even then, how can you be sure that all the people put forth aren't of the same cut of puppets that were just booted?

While I am sure I could come up with some measures to ensure I successful transition, I very much doubt it would be heard by anyone with any influence.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

We are done guys, our freedoms are gone. I'm not joking. Things are so totalitarian socially now that it is only a matter of time before the data mining and drones are used to their full effect. The data mining, for sure, - it already is.
edit on 23amMon, 23 Dec 2013 02:22:07 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Only sheep feel the need for a shepherd, people as a species need to grow the # up and stop acting like stupid middle school kids.

Grown ups can get along with each other well enough to make government redundant.

Yep, I said grow the # up, all of ya!....

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
reply to post by chadderson

Yes your right...soon Rainbows and Unicorns will come to save us

this person came to share with you in your thread, some of his\her ideas, thoughts and your reply is ridicule and hate and you get stars for this?

now i see more of why SO posted his thread, so many full of hate they cannot see them selves any longer. i myself liked what chadderson had to say because it speaks of the truth, you cannot make positive change in our world unless you have first made that change within yourself...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Tar and feathers for them all. Stocks. Rotten fruit. Spit. The whole works. The media too, for not protecting the American people from fraudulent and corrupt governments, by exposing such governments, which is their essential job and the reason they have always had freedom of the press to begin with. They chose instead to take ideological sides, and have clouded issues rather than exposed them.

I'd love to see Nancy Pelosi and John Boehner both dripping with tarry goo and feathers, with Chrissy Matthews and Shephard Smith all gooey and tarry too. Let them eat that.

The people in politics and the media today seriously remind me of the aliens in the movie "They Live."
So out of touch, creepy, cold, snotty about their 'lofty' position, as if WE THE PEOPLE are THEIR servants, and not the other way around. THAT is what needs to be corrected the most. The attitude they all seem to have that we are powerless to do anything about their lawlessness, that we are even lucky they allow us to breath the same air as them. How oblivious to history most of them seem to be. The American people are a forgiving, patient lot, but when we feel we are being made fools of, that pisses us off, and that's how a lot of people feel about this government we have now. OK, we voted for you, fine, that's one mistake on us, but holding elected office doesn't make you idiots above the law! You got that? In fact, it makes you even LESS entitled to privacy and lawbreaking, since you want to hold a public office, entrusted to you by the will of the people, and paid for by taxpayer money.

I'm getting my torch right now!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

While that is true for the most part, you still need a central Government body.
Not Govern the people, but to keep the peoples country operating on the international stage and defending the peoples country from invaders.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The candidates at ALL levels need to be selected differently. The last people we should have running things are the ones who step forward and WANT to run things.

There is a solution - politicians should be RANDOMLY selected, like jury duty, at ALL levels.

So for Mayor of some dinky town, maybe we randomly select 3 from each party, 6-18 months prior to election.
NO, and I mean NO donations are allowed. Newspaper, Radio & TV time is donated equally to each.
Eventually 2 front runners emerge, due to either a candidate declining or exhibiting ideas contrary to the given group of voters. The incumbent would have been elected in the same manner the previous cycle, and can run ONCE more if he/she so chooses. Those who serve are paid 20% above their current private sector salary, and their jobs are held for them by law.

All of them, Mayor, Senator, Congress, Judges, and President. National offices like President would start with some number from EACH party, from EACH State. The more important offices would naturally need to draw from a larger set, with alternates.

I am not sure how to handle "life" offices like the Supreme Court, but these offices that have the expectation of law experience would still be open to all - with the ability to engage law consultants for a set non-lucrative fee. I think we all have our opinions on court case decisions - and most people could probably do better than some decisions I have seen posted on this board.

We need to get the money out of this system. Government should NOT be a career choice. Supreme Court Justices are supposed to be for life, but WTF I guess Senator, Congress, Town Supervisor and all the rest sure seem to be that way too. It should be SERVICE. Brief SERVICE. All these guys we have now are bought and paid for by whoever put them there with MONEY. They don't vote their conscience, they inflict decisions on us that enrich those who made the donations that added up to 1 BILLION $ in the last Prez election.

Why even vote???????? Let's just give the freakin' job to WHOEVER RAISES THE MOST MONEY. Then at least we'll save some taxpayer money that is wasted on the whole voting charade BS.

It will probably never happen, we can see how the current batch cling to power.
We'll at least get a better variety of egomaniacal control freaks this way.....
edit on 23-12-2013 by supamang because: missed a word

top topics

<< 1   >>

join