It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Festivus miracles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
As Festivus approaches, and the dinner is prepared (and boy, do I have some grievances this year!), herein is opened a thread to record our Festivus miracles.

Festivus miracles - the commonplace explained in miraculous terms - can be expected to occur at a rapidly escalating basis once the clock actually turns onto midnight. Some areas of the world are in the Festivus zone now, or soon will be, so this thread can document and attempt to rationally explain the expected and the mundane events which truly amaze and surprise celebrants.

I will report my first Festivus miracle once it occurs, and ask posters to do the same. Thank you, and remember: there is no alcohol served at the Festivus dinner, so bring a hip flask.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I can't wait for Feats of Strength....

With two girls in my house I am a lock this year.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

whyamIhere

Well, the feats of strength goes on until the host of the Festivus dinner is pinned, so it can take months. So maybe the two girls will have to gang up on you for that one, or it will be a long year.

Actually, wait, come to think of it, if nobody pins the host of the dinner the event (and Festivus) would only last as long as he or she could stay awake, because once they fall asleep they should be easily pinned. So I am now of the opinion that the feats of strength does have a shorter time limit, although for people trained in staying awake for days at a time it will seem, towards the end, as a very long ordeal of strength.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

whyamIhere

Really looking forward to The Airing of Grievances. I plan on spiking the conversation with a few bottles of my homemade wine, "Crippled Creek" - Made from the fruits of the mountain mere yards from where the celebration will take place.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

sageturkey

whyamIhere

Really looking forward to The Airing of Grievances. I plan on spiking the conversation with a few bottles of my homemade wine, "Crippled Creek" - Made from the fruits of the mountain mere yards from where the celebration will take place.

Well, then that would be off-canon. The Festivus dinner, where the Airing of Grievances occurs, isn't served with spirits. If you wish to drink what sounds like a very good wine, please pour it into individual hip flasks which the dinner's participants can then carry on their person.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Aleister
Well, then that would be off-canon. The Festivus dinner, where the Airing of Grievances occurs, isn't served with spirits. If you wish to drink what sounds like a very good wine, please pour it into individual hip flasks which the dinner's participants can then carry on their person.

~Scurries-off to buy some hip flasks...~
edit on 22-12-2013 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Look! ATS has a new member www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a Festivus miracle!
edit on 23-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I went to three stores this morning trying to find a pair of jeans for my son. When i got to Wal Mart, it was a festivus miracle...i found some in his size!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I went to three stores this morning trying to find a pair of jeans for my son. When i got to Wal Mart, it was a festivus miracle...i found some in his size!!!

"It's a Festivus miracle, Jerry!!!"

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Can I pick where I will be???

I will be at the Festivus Pole. No tucking less than a 20.......thank you.....

And what if we can get a fifth arranged as a hip flask????? Is that allowed???

It will be a Festivus miracle if I can go all day tomorrow without crying........

I'll let you know........

Thanks for the smile Aleister......Glad to see you around again, by the way

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Hi, and good to "see you". In fact, talking to each other after almost half a year is.......a Festivus Miracle!!! I know we can't mention anything about the thread we met on, but after Christmas I'm going to give that page a good post. Let us, and me, know how your Festivus goes. Happy Christmas, Festivus, and all the other holidays to you.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think I just had another Festivus Miracle....

..i reached for a smoke, and the pack was empty. I became worried that I would have to leave for the store....but found a pack I had bought earlier and forgot about.

Its a Festivus Miracle!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I think I just had another Festivus Miracle....

..i reached for a smoke, and the pack was empty. I became worried that I would have to leave for the store....but found a pack I had bought earlier and forgot about.

Its a Festivus Miracle!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
And thus Festivus has ended, but not without a true Festival miracle being reported by bigfatfurrytexan. I hope everyone pinned someone, or got pinned themselves, and the Festivus dinner went well eaten and enjoyed.

Until next year.....Happy Festivus!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This thread made me literally LOL.

Happy Festivus for the rest of us!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Aleister

Hi, and good to "see you". In fact, talking to each other after almost half a year is.......a Festivus Miracle!!! I know we can't mention anything about the thread we met on, but after Christmas I'm going to give that page a good post. Let us, and me, know how your Festivus goes. Happy Christmas, Festivus, and all the other holidays to you.

Thank you Aleister, It has been a while. My Festivus went well, good food and drink, and sleep...very much needed sleep. And I managed not to cry at all. It's a first for me. My Festivus Miricle.

Please, when you post on that thread, please U2U me, and we will see if we can't get a tizzy going again!

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year.

And Thank You for the smile Aleister......much needed......

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

And here's a post-Festivus miracle - at the exact minute you posted your post I was composing mine at "that" doom thread! With ISON taken care of, you can now wipe the tears away and launch into whatever needs launching into.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Aleister

And here's a post-Festivus miracle - at the exact minute you posted your post I was composing mine at "that" doom thread! With ISON taken care of, you can now wipe the tears away and launch into whatever needs launching into.

I just popped back in here to say my Festivus miracle is naught......I got on a thread I started last year, and I have been on the verge of tears.......Got to youtube and type in Slayer Christmas lights......Stupid I know. When I get done with my things today, I will watch these vids with my kid. She needs to be taught what real music is......

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Soon Festivus will be upon us once again like a butterfly upon a whisky bottle (or a whisky bottle upon a butterfly). The gods and goddesses of Festivus (i.e. George and Elaine) are throwing Festivus-dust into the air and await its landing upon and into the lives of ATS posters, thus bringing ---- Festivus Miracles!

On the 23rd please be on the lookout for these miracles, and share them with the rest of us. We want to believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Soon Festivus will be upon us once again like a butterfly upon a whisky bottle (or a whisky bottle upon a butterfly). The gods and goddesses of Festivus (i.e. George and Elaine) are throwing Festivus-dust into the air and await its landing upon and into the lives of ATS posters, thus bringing ---- Festivus Miracles!

On the 23rd please be on the lookout for these miracles, and share them with the rest of us. We want to believe.

Can't wait to start Airing my Grievences....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join